• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ally Q/A ‘‘

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
If you're getting Tornado spammed like you did vs Ksizzle on Halberd at Pound 4, what do I do?
I was at like 150 and he was fresh and he didnt jump into my tornado with a nade. he shouldve done that.

oh yea snakes should use cypher more when they see the nado already rev'd up. Up B with snake is very good vs my strat.

and if the mk pressures ur shield with tornado, swerves the tornado away and then comes back, UP TILT the nado out of shield.

thats pretty much it lol simple strat taken down with simple steps

Ally, what would you do against an Olimar?

If you're getting Tornado spammed like you did vs Ksizzle on Halberd at Pound 4, what do I do?
You can either do one of a few things:

1) Use more nades.
2) Unplug the controller of the MK
3) rage quit
4) DO WHAT ALLY WOULD DO!!!

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
LOL AT PICture but no ksizzle when I already used my Cypher, the best I can do is try to foot stool it, bair it or wavebounce, thing is, you can move ur nado pretty well so it doesnt matter what I do, even if I blow up myself with you and im at higher % it'll become the same situation, me up there and you down there.

Not answering Q atm, im taking a break from this. im tired from tourney

napZzz

Smash Hero
LOL AT PICture but no ksizzle when I already used my Cypher, the best I can do is try to foot stool it, bair it or wavebounce, thing is, you can move ur nado pretty well so it doesnt matter what I do, even if I blow up myself with you and im at higher % it'll become the same situation, me up there and you down there.

Not answering Q atm, im taking a break from this. im tired from tourney
:/

I'm just gonna go ahead and say thanks for helping the boards out then, and when you get back I'm curious, do you sandbag in money matches or friendlies with people that aren't as good as you? Cuz I swear you didn't even try when we played at the last MAS in a mm

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
2 Questions:

1. Ally how long do you play every day? If not everyday, how many hours do you each week?

2. At EVO you interview by RARE.....and you said that blue was you fav. color......is it still fav. color?

Ally ignore this and look at my most recent post.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Blue Snake is the best. Red is horrendous, green is fugz, the leopard camo weird.

The only acceptable outfits are blue, white and default.

etecoon

Smash Hero
red and green snake are awesome!

I use some combination of red/green/blue usually, I don't get why people confine themselves to one color/costume : )

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
I can somewhat deal with red. if the camo was a different pattern then maybe I would like it more. I'll use red if I'm ever using the USSR tag lol.

Green is just gross.

Kunx990

Smash Apprentice
Default, Red, Blue, White, Green Snakes are ok.

Old, and Ryu Snakes are better though.

Ally it seems like you always give port priority to your opponent. Is it because you are a nice guy, you don't feel like you need it to win (which you don't), or you lose the rock paper scissors that seems to decide port placement at tournaments?
And when I DI i can usually aim for the corner when i can to elongate my flight path but i am never able to momentum cancel like i've seen you do and im wondering if there is a special way of DI specifically for snake.

Navn

Smash Apprentice
There's no special way to DI. Just aim for the corner and bair, fast falling as soon as possible. Bair is like 2 frames faster than Uair, so it's the best move for momentum-cancelling.

I sometimes do uair though, simply because my clumsy fingers find it easier to do.. The difference is not THAT big :p

6Mizu

Smash Champion
2 Questions:

1. Ally how long do you play every day? If not everyday, how many hours do you each week?

2. At EVO you interview by RARE.....and you said that blue was you fav. color......is it still fav. color?
Along with these can you answer 2 more:

1. Do you regret making this thread....because we ask some many questions?

2. How long ago was your first tournament?

6Mizu

Smash Champion
2 Questions:

Sry, for being a question w***e. :dizzy:
I have 2 more questions to add to this list:

1. What's your fav. stage to CP?

2. What's your least fav. stage to be taken too?
(If you don't feel comfortable answering these....than don't)

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
How must the opponent's shield be to be able to shield poke them with Utilt?
As in without geting punished? or hit them when they shield? (Like hit where they arent protecting)

How do I beat a Peach that knows it's spacing VERY well?
nades, bair

thas what he told me when i personally asked him

@Ally- How do you play snake dittos?

and what is your favorite drink
Man Snake dittos are boring lol I just try to camp back if the Snake camps me but it's mostly just ftilt BAIR and utilt spam war.

I don't know I just like cold *** drinks haha. but I also like Hot Chocolate, one of my favorite lol.

Ally, say you're at a crossroad in the train tracks and there's two separate paths. At the end of one path lies a young man strapped to the tracks, and at the end of the other lie three old men. A train is coming, at because you're at the crossroad, you can hit the switch to make the train go down one path or the other. Which path do you choose?

And what are some good ledge options against a Marth (or anyone, I suppose haha), outside the regular ledge attack?
I'll take the middle one lol and Just let Marth come back on stage it's pretty useless to try something when he's on the ledge.

What controls you use *****.

and go back to AllyOrNotAlly scrub canadian.
Tap button off, that's all and it's my SC account lol I use it often these days.

What is better you MK or Snake?
My Snake of course. My MK has been told to be one of the best though for playing weird. My best achievement was beating ADHD with him last weekend. Last hit though lol

:/

I'm just gonna go ahead and say thanks for helping the boards out then, and when you get back I'm curious, do you sandbag in money matches or friendlies with people that aren't as good as you? Cuz I swear you didn't even try when we played at the last MAS in a mm
I don't sandbag but to be honest, my mindset isn't the same. Durng tournament I REALLY want to win so I'll be more serious aobut it and might play differently, but I never intentionally sandbag.

2 Questions:

I don't play this game unless I'm at tourney.

And Blue is my FAV color overall and blue costume Snake just look the best to me lolol and Ilike the blue.

It's my favorite color xD

But yeah, is it your fave color?
Yes lol

Ally it seems like you always give port priority to your opponent. Is it because you are a nice guy, you don't feel like you need it to win (which you don't), or you lose the rock paper scissors that seems to decide port placement at tournaments?
And when I DI i can usually aim for the corner when i can to elongate my flight path but i am never able to momentum cancel like i've seen you do and im wondering if there is a special way of DI specifically for snake.
sometimes I just want to be nice, but recently I started fighting for it since it can change a game with a omnigay for an exemple -.-

after di'ing just FF bair then jump depending on how u fly. it's not hard after you get the hang of it

I don't regret making this thread at all ;)

August 21st 2008. my official one, I think I went to another one with only Wii Mote allowed -.- 2 weeks before

what do u consider the best stage against Falco?
hmmm good Q, I have no clue, I usually just go on SV. Or BF

Sry, for being a question w***e. :dizzy:
I have 2 more questions to add to this list:

1. What's your fav. stage to CP?

2. What's your least fav. stage to be taken too?
(If you don't feel comfortable answering these....than don't)
FD is my fav stage when the Final Destination song is playing, I don't know. Somehow it makes me want to play more lol.

I hate Brinstar lol

answer this too

what would you do with the $12500 you win from mlg
Save it for now.

$....$

Smash Rookie
Questions: What iz a good way 2 practice DI? wat techniques did u use 2 make ur DI dat good?

Shinjin

Smash Cadet
I'll take the middle one lol and Just let Marth come back on stage it's pretty useless to try something when he's on the ledge.
haha alright thanks man!

One kinda similar question, much thanks, about safe options when Snake's grabbing the ledge and trying to get back on stage. The Q/A thread's got me interested in a b-reversed grenade, a sort of little suicidal maneuver, which I kinda like the sound of.

What other options have I got? 'preciate it!

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Hm, do you have any tips on fighting ROB? Any useful information that would benefit Snake in general. How exactly do you play the matchup?

I use Snake's neutral color cause it's slightly near blue.

And question:
1.) What are best ways on how to avoid getting grabbed often by DDD or Falco?

2.) What IF you 3-stocked someone that's near pro skill

etecoon

Smash Hero
obv blue snake is your favorite normal snake, what's your favorite texture hack?

Top Bottom