• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Advanced How To Play Video (AHTP)

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Wak said:
Roy and marth don't turn around immediatly. If you land before the attack ends, like in my vid, roy is not turned the other side.

I know, but it may be a bit confusing as this vid was ment for n00bs right? I am just saying that it might be a bad example. You could have just used a other char. But no further complainment. The vid is fantastic, this really deserves a A+ (10 out of 10)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I liked Part 3. Good job explaining and demonstrating DI. Would've liked some more on JC usmash, but that's just me.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
I always used the JC smash, but I didn't knew what it was and why you cuoldn't do it for the down smahs or fsmash. this vid explains allot ands thats teriffic :)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
If I knew how to/ could actually (I don't have anything that can record then transfer onto the computer) then I'd rcord some vids of me vs my friend, we play... very wierdly, not exactly excellent it's like were we'll just stop fighiting half way thoguh an attack or if we bot hsmash into each otehr and the cancel each other out we'll keep doing it till one hits first. Then we get into massive arguements over how we play and how we consider some things unbalanced or not. Then there's me who WILL no question run into smashes ON PRURPOSE because it's funny or if there's an explosive I will blow myself up on it. Sigh, I relly wish I could record vids :( If anyone who lives near woking wants to lend me something so I can then feel free by all means :)

Also I'd love to see some matches of you playing, I wouldn't copy you because that just sucks, it's like being a weak replica of someone better.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Inferno_blaze said:
If I knew how to/ could actually (I don't have anything that can record then transfer onto the computer) then I'd rcord some vids of me vs my friend, we play... very wierdly, not exactly excellent it's like were we'll just stop fighiting half way thoguh an attack or if we bot hsmash into each otehr and the cancel each other out we'll keep doing it till one hits first. Then we get into massive arguements over how we play and how we consider some things unbalanced or not. Then there's me who WILL no question run into smashes ON PRURPOSE because it's funny or if there's an explosive I will blow myself up on it. Sigh, I relly wish I could record vids :( If anyone who lives near woking wants to lend me something so I can then feel free by all means :)

Also I'd love to see some matches of you playing, I wouldn't copy you because that just sucks, it's like being a weak replica of someone better.
i got 3 vids of me playing young link (search youtube) and i got some footage on my comp with people you don't know about :p

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Update: there will have a part 4 finally!

The use of the C stick O_O

you know, this cheap stick is not as cheap as you think...

stay tuned to know WHY =).

the video will be available surely in less than a week.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
AWESOME A PART 4!, c-stick is good if you wanna do something like WD-Dsmash with mario or want it to smash as soojn as in possibly can when you land from a jump or something.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Give life to Wak’s dream

Since my childhood, I have always wanted to travel to California. That magnificent place of paradisiacal scenery has always fascinated me.

I have also recently heard of a tournament named OC2, which is being held in California in August.

As you all know, I worked extremely hard to construct the Advanced How To Play (AHTP) video, a video that surely may have aided you one way or another. Obviously, I never had the intention of making the AHTP with the intentions of making money in mind, but to demonstrate to everyone that this game is much more complex than it may seem, and to help the community develop a further understanding of how Smash can be played. But today, I have started work on part 4 of the AHTP with a sole and unique goal in mind: to put my feet inside California this upcoming month. However, I cannot achieve this goal due to a shortage of funds.

This is why today you have in your hands the possibility to make Philippe ‘Wak’ Brisson the happiest man in North America. I’ve always wanted to be at that place, as I’ve mentioned before at the beginning of this post. Today, you can donate via Paypal so I may breathe the air of California! However, I do insist that you do not feel obligated to make any donations towards me; any donation I may possibly receive I hope is made through good will and generosity

Today, you can give money to Wak for the work he, his friends, and his collegues have all worked hard for, so he can realize his dream The amount of donation you send is of little importance; any little bit helps. A quick estimation shows that I will need around $1000 to travel to California by airplane. A better estimation will be available soon.

In conclusion, I hope with all my heart that you will help benefit my work, for I am very proud to have done it. Thank you in advance to those who will participate in project “Give life to Wak’s dream.”

For more specific information on anything you may want to talk about with me (AHTP, donations, etc.), you may contact me at my e-mail address: Wak017@hotmail.com. I will happily answer any questions that you may have for me.

You will be able to donate from tuesday to july 28th, so please, help soon!

Text translated by ThatGuy.

Art?

Smash Journeyman
the credits in part 3 made it seem as though it was the last one. the world is dying to know: what could be in part 4?

-Zangetsu-

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd be willing to help if you set up an easy to use paypal link. (and +rep me ) :)

A link like to pay for memberships here on SWF.

y2kbakura

Smash Journeyman
good job on your third video man
execelent work
and regarding your situation on getting to OC2
you can count me in for 10$
good luck

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
How can i flight to California if everyone has already spent all their money ;_;

However, im still working on the AHTP part 4 because I still hope i'm gonna make it...

Hope...

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great videos, I plan on showing them to my noob friends to help them improve. Also, nice choice on the music (extra props for the In Flames) and I look forward to the fourth video, regardless of the fact that I hate the C-stick.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
dang, sorry people, the paypal account is WAY harder to get than what I though at the beginning...

I contacted gideon to get some informations, he will answer back as soon as he can I guess

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Part 3 was sweet it covered lots of things. Thanks again for those excellent vids Wak. And good luck with your dream.(sorry I can't donate, I'm short on money)

Vizent

Smash Cadet
Wow man great work truly well done. This will defenetly help a lot of people.

In fact I think Nintendo should reward your hard work with a Wii and Smash Bros Brawl hands down.

YoshiSwarm

Smash Rookie
Best Video

The best "How to Play Video" I`ve ever seen ......its totally incredible.....everything is explained very well...except te part of "DI".....It sounds a bit complicated to do but with the video everything is explained......

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCELENT VIDEO

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh my god!

over 10 000 views only for the part 1 on youtube???

that's insane... I have to thank you ALL for your comments, they are more than appreciated and I feel overrated now :embarrass

Little update: I just don't know if i'll do the "special part 4", it was supposed to cheer people to give some money via paypal... but I can't get paypal ;>_<; More to come... soon? I don't know yet.

Top Bottom