• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Advanced How To Play Video (AHTP)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Dice said:
Did you even read what i said...? I was just giving another example of where l cancelling isn't needed just for a different reason than GW.
Well sorry, maybe you should phrase your posts better, it looked like you were trying to give a reason for why they don't l-cancel, not giving another example, maybe I shouldn't bother taking your side on things then

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Wak, not only is this an AMAZING video, but watching some of your Young Link matches you've hosted on Youtube makes me scared of you! Your moves with Young Link are superb and change my views on wanting him to be out in brawl.

Great Job! This earned a spot on my credits section in my Yoshi Video thread.

nashdar13

Smash Cadet
I live in Springfield, MO, with no smashing buddie
This freakin awesome i can't quite get that wave down but when you said it is harder for other characters i got really happy and looked at the list and thought i don't SUCK! lol JK but man this is great i am going to practice it and i usally play with marth so i will practice with him

I am looking forward to more and just remember you are doing great things don't stop! later:)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Just as a tip marth has a pretty eaasy one, because his jump delay is almost nothing you can just press R or L straight away and it should work fine, I use WD quite a bit as marth

kryptocide

Smash Apprentice
ArtieBoy said:
lol give this vids to a 8 year old watch how good he will get
lmoa the younger learned the better for the long run skillz lol... unless you're like me. i only started useing all htose things in this vids like one month ago, and look at me now ppl that have been playing with those adv. techs. can't beat me. no why... a'm the best! that's why.

REMEBER wak me and you gotta face again just like we did 4 years ago when we only used smashs lmfao, only this time it'll be me and you with dragon ball like action and movements lolol

Jeveras

Smash Apprentice
you are god. thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for making these vids, i hope smashboards becomes noobless

before: 90% noobs
after: 10% noobs

kryptocide

Smash Apprentice
Wak said:
just don't listen at this troll please.
one; i didn't say that quote you have there

two; omg wak!!!!!!! chaces?!?!?!? how you guys on smash boards are serious. you guys can't take a lil braging, and it's not like i said i beat all the best players here. i just said a'm the best. you knwo why i said that cuz i like to show what i can do to other ppl so that they try just klike i did............as hard as i did to get to my level a'm at now. i had trained everyday after i heard about all those adv. ****s. i had minimal amout of time to get to my level. no one could do that in that short amont of time that i had. so you knwo whta *** you all if you can't understand why i brag. LOOK BEHOND WORDS

Dice

Smash Lord
kryptocide said:
one; i didn't say that quote you have there

two; omg wak!!!!!!! chaces?!?!?!? how you guys on smash boards are serious. you guys can't take a lil braging, and it's not like i said i beat all the best players here. i just said a'm the best. you knwo why i said that cuz i like to show what i can do to other ppl so that they try just klike i did............as hard as i did to get to my level a'm at now. i had trained everyday after i heard about all those adv. ****s. i had minimal amout of time to get to my level. no one could do that in that short amont of time that i had. so you knwo whta *** you all if you can't understand why i brag. LOOK BEHOND WORDS
$20 mm when I eventually come to montreal.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
kryptocide said:
lmoa the younger learned the better for the long run skillz lol... unless you're like me. i only started useing all htose things in this vids like one month ago, and look at me now ppl that have been playing with those adv. techs. can't beat me. no why... a'm the best! that's why.

REMEBER wak me and you gotta face again just like we did 4 years ago when we only used smashs lmfao, only this time it'll be me and you with dragon ball like action and movements lolol
true i meet some kid name HAX back in october 10 years old or 11 he was almost my skill level but it look like he train alot his main was sheik

Sensai

Smash Master
ArtieBoy said:
true i meet some kid name HAX back in october 10 years old or 11 he was almost my skill level but it look like he train alot his main was sheik
Nope. It's just he was playing Sheik.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Shiek and her OPness **** HER, what I find funny is that before my friend even knew about tiers n stuff he picked all the top ones as his mains

Sensai

Smash Master
Inferno_blaze said:
Shiek and her OPness **** HER, what I find funny is that before my friend even knew about tiers n stuff he picked all the top ones as his mains
I play Fox, 'cause I played Fox in the original. But, I'm moving away from him knowing now how cheap he is and how overused he is.

Ganon FTW. Falcon, but with power.

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
Great training videos. Some things to add:

Up-smashing out of shield is easier with the c-stick. Just hit up~Up-C while shielding. I'm fairly certain you don't need to drop your shield either. Great for characters with front-side upsmashes, such as fox, falco, pika, kirby, jiggly, etc..

Also, although rolling is a fairly long move, for most characters it's the get-up attack that lasts the longest below 100%. So if it's an up-b with a long hangtime or warp distance, then attacking might be better. However, you run the risk of hitting your opponent. Sometimes you can hedge your bets by counting on the get-up to hit, and following it up with a proper edge-guard. This works well because get-up attacks hitting from this position almost always send the opponent back out, rather than in toward the stage.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sastopher said:
Great training videos. Some things to add:

Up-smashing out of shield is easier with the c-stick. Just hit up~Up-C while shielding. I'm fairly certain you don't need to drop your shield either. Great for characters with front-side upsmashes, such as fox, falco, pika, kirby, jiggly, etc..

Also, although rolling is a fairly long move, for most characters it's the get-up attack that lasts the longest below 100%. So if it's an up-b with a long hangtime or warp distance, then attacking might be better. However, you run the risk of hitting your opponent. Sometimes you can hedge your bets by counting on the get-up to hit, and following it up with a proper edge-guard. This works well because get-up attacks hitting from this position almost always send the opponent back out, rather than in toward the stage.
I though of putting it in, but I didn't. surely because it goes into the "c stick" uses, and I don't explain any of the C stick use in my AHTP video. the c stick, anyway, is only a different way to do your attacks. I know it may be easier for some, but harder for others. It's all relative

Rolling at +100% is really long, yes, but I don't try to tell them really "how to play", I just tell them the advanced techniques, i tell them what happens when they don't manage to perform it, and I show them 1 utility (against my will).
Once people will get the point, they will get this point to. Rolling at +100% is not the best choice to do, but it's edge hogging anyway.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
First off, what's in the last video?

Also, why don't you make a movie on critical things people need to notice to survive? I'm not talking about characters alone, but I mean like how to handle situations with edge hogs and all. It could prove quite handy for those new people who don't know how to handle edge hog situations well at all.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
MarthIsMyHero said:
First off, what's in the last video?

Also, why don't you make a movie on critical things people need to notice to survive? I'm not talking about characters alone, but I mean like how to handle situations with edge hogs and all. It could prove quite handy for those new people who don't know how to handle edge hog situations well at all.
first of, it's a secret!

I only show the advanced techniques of the game. To know how you can counter edgehogging, I suggest you to go download some 1v1 videos, like I said in my first post.

MarthIsMyHero

Smash Apprentice
Then perhaps someone should make advice on high tier characters in guides... It would help tremendously. I'm not saying I could use it, but perhaps the real noobies can. Perhaps I should try looking into that. But I won't make it like handing them everything.

I love the guides though... Great job man... I didn't know what L-Cancelling looked like... This helped tremendously.

Top Bottom