• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Advanced How To Play Video (AHTP)

Qwester

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's ok I guess, nothing like the vision I had when I started.

Turned out alright in the end, glad it's atleast out there for people to learn from :)

I actually finished part one of my own vid sometime last week, guess it's kinda redundant now, although I might still post it once I finish the whole set.

-Zangetsu-

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yes! finally genius is realized and this thread got stickied. Thank you Omnigamer.
Great job as usual Wak. -_-

Volasko

Smash Ace
nookrulz said:
I hate to be the grammar nazi here, but I'm sure you'd like it if your grammatical mistakes were fixed. After all, you fixed the ones in part 1.
You gotta give Wak a break on that one as english isnt his first language. Also this task he is par-taking on is really quite difficult as there are soo many different tricks and advanced things to know. Trying to generalize them to some teachable way is very hard and I have to give my props to Wak for doing such a good job. Also its mainly a guide to get new people exposed to how deep this game is not to show EVERY possible move set.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
VgtPrncfllSyns said:
How do we know it was Omni? Where's it say such a thing?
because I PM'ed omni and when my thread got stickied, bach wasn't online?

thanks volasko,

but about those grammatical errors, I though about something really crazy: DVD's! those grammatical errors will be corrected in the DVD as well as some new stuff not involved in the AHTP video ;)

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Amazing video, and you used another brilliant song (I recognised it from a bf2 movie I have, the second song) These rule, can't wait for the next even though it's ages away.

BoeZou

Smash Rookie
file type

Could someone post the second video on google? I'm having trouble downloading it.
Not that everyone hasn't already said it but: great job w/ the first part

Tyson651

Smash Lord
New_and_Inproved said:
great vid
i dont get how you do the shield smash. do you jump and then press a or is there something else?
u can also just press up on ur control stick and up on ur c-stick almost at the same time (up on control stick first though).

and it should do an up smash right out of ur shield.

Foxmeister

Smash Ace
Good video, I'm an advanced player but I sometimes have trouble timing my techs and my l cancels so thanks man! :)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow, thanks for putting that together. i just lost my smash mentor as he moved back east...m3d you *******. so now i am without help. he taught me the basics, like teching, l-cancelling, and wavedashing, but i haven't mastered wavelanding, or edge wavelanding, and a few other more advanced techniques. this will help me out a lot. now i know what to drill.

i really appreciate all the hard work you did to put that together.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Dude awesome work I only saw the first part and is very good. This will surely help lots of noobs and even answer some doubts for those higher leveled smashers. Keep it up.

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
Zero FX said:
Dude awesome work I only saw the first part and is very good. This will surely help lots of noobs and even answer some doubts for those higher leveled smashers. Keep it up.
I'm not a high level smasher but I'm fairly knowledgeable and I still learned new things.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
VgtPrncfllSyns said:
I'm not a high level smasher but I'm fairly knowledgeable and I still learned new things.
Same here. For example I didn't knew the proper timming of teching was hitting the L button half a second before hitting the wall/floor/ceiling.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zero FX said:
Same here. For example I didn't knew the proper timming of teching was hitting the L button half a second before hitting the wall/floor/ceiling.
personnal question: did you manage to edge tech since you know the timing? (this is only to answer some personnal questions, thanks)

VgtPrncfllSyns

Smash Ace
Personal*

Anywho, I always thought ledge tech timing was at that very second myself. I think Wak showed the tech timing (at FD, Falcon and Climbers) a little early actually, but the message is clear.

I also didn't know I could up-smash out of shield. Jump, wavedash, Up-B... I knew all THOSE o_O

fraynerad3

Smash Rookie
wow man keep the GREAT work coming! release the 3rd part sooner if possible thnx so much man this is the best guide i have ever seen

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Wak said:
personnal question: did you manage to edge tech since you know the timing? (this is only to answer some personnal questions, thanks)
Yeah I am teching more than before. Before I always tried to press the L button just when touching the wall but it almost never worked. But now I can tech more easily thanks to this information. Thanks again Wak. :)

Top Bottom