• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Advanced How To Play Video (AHTP)

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
these videos have been the sole reason why im able to competed in this game now...well that and all the advice you gave me over AIM. Ty for all of this... im truly the luckiest smasher to have decided to come into the pro world only a few days before these videos started. truly lucky...

1338h4x

Smash Apprentice
Thanks.

Wow, this video was really helpful for me! I've practiced a bit and, I'm getting a little better. I can't quite get the wavedash timing right, I'm pretty bad at the short hop, I've known the fast-fall for a long time, and I can rarely L-cancel properly. I've started using the strategy of shield grabbing a lot more now. Grabbing right as he hits my shield? Genius. I've occasionally pulled off the hypershield. I haven't really tried teching yet. >_<

I intend to continue practicing throughout the weekend, and hopefully I may get slightly better at this. Hopefully I'll have something down pat in time for Brawl...

xXgameXx

Smash Rookie
KyUuKyUu said:
This saves me so much time from teaching idiot friends and nubs, rather than arguing with them I'll just send them this and tell them once they master all this stuff they might have a chance. Good stuff.

so true man

ThundaSnake

Smash Apprentice
Wak what's preventing you from getting PayPal? I've been too lazy to read the thread.

ꓰspeon

Sun Pokemon
Wow great vid we have here, Wak! I knew everything in this how to play, but you helped so much my friends in understanding them! And your coolness skyrockets for the fact you copied my sig. :p :laugh: Glad to see someone did it! I really want it spreads among the users ;)

Razorcloud

Smash Cadet
There's no such japanese DI...

To know everything on DI, look at Doraki's topic on the melee discussion. (Note that he doesn't explain how you should DI, he just explain the DI thing really deeply.)

About the advanced tricks, well I don't want to explain more than what I show in my videos...
You know, once you reach a certain level, you begin to use the C stick more often... or not.
Once you reach a certain level, you begin to use shffl against side-steppers... or not.
Once you reach a certain level, you are more tempted to use the shffl... or you just never use it.
Once you reach a certain level, you gain your own playing style. I don't want to show people how to play LIKE ME, because if i wanted to go deeper, this would be the case.

I wanted to show the advanced techniques only, and that's what I did!

People kept asking me to go always and always deeper... like Sastopher (even if he just wanted me to give more tips on 2 little things)

But I denied EVERY demand. I don't want to see the essence of Wak's playing style in every new 1v1 videos from new players... I want to see some NEW stuff coming from everyone! :lick:
*sniff* so inspirational! the man has such strong will for the game. personally i view wak as a hero.
i have alot of friends (noobies) who upon watching me and my mroe experienced friends play, decided to take up the game. right now their just getting their basics down (basic instincts, knowing your character, situational awareness). one such friend has played the game before, so hes just kind of just getting used to moving around quicker (and learning some advanced stuff)
but fortunately (this is where your video really helped) i had a friend who has never played before. so im helping him learn but im basically making him start playing the game with certain important Advanced techs. like short-hopping (not shffl yet), normal FF, DI, and edge hogging. only took him like 3 hours to crush a lvl 9 with his shiek and marth. (not bad for never have playing) essentially, i didnt show him your videos...but i used yours and alpha zealots explanations as a guide for me to better explain things to him.

(notice it was not me who lead him to choose "easy begginer chars" like marth and shiek. it was his own choice. and i was really hoping for a pichu player lol)

PS. thanks for all the help you've been giving me over AIM wak. i really feel lucky to have a person like you to talk to about smash. (not alot of my friends are too into the advanced game. they're all just pretty good without any of the REALLY complex stuff)

Damax

Smash Lord
its so funny, someone left a comment to know if I was in wak's team seven years. Thing is I can't know who it is. And on a side note, it isn't wak's team. its our team. and if you try to steal it, we find you and kick your *** so hard that you'll both kiss the moon.

Takahashi

Smash Cadet
its so funny, someone left a comment to know if I was in wak's team seven years. Thing is I can't know who it is. And on a side note, it isn't wak's team. its our team. and if you try to steal it, we find you and kick your *** so hard that you'll both kiss the moon.
I though this team wasn't existing anymore because u prefered to be with jarc >_>

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's so mean that you still pretend to be in the team seven year :(

the truth is i stopped playing YL, started playing jiggs (in teams), but damax don't want me anymore as his official team mate ;>_<;

Damax

Smash Lord
nice double personality.... takashi wak = same guy by the way

Jarc sucked ball, you did choke too. I'm giving others a chance. You confused me to hell with your I'm going... I'm not... I'm going... I'm not. not to mention you are a really bad looser ask chet and everyone. You'r a nice guy and most english peeps on here only feel your good parts, but there's some you still need to work on. Like why the hell no more singles tournament? lost hope in yourself?

lets talk more on msn I miss you

kryptocide

Smash Apprentice
nice double personality.... takashi wak = same guy by the way

Jarc sucked ball, you did choke too. I'm giving others a chance. You confused me to hell with your I'm going... I'm not... I'm going... I'm not. not to mention you are a really bad looser ask chet and everyone. You'r a nice guy and most english peeps on here only feel your good parts, but there's some you still need to work on. Like why the hell no more singles tournament? lost hope in yourself?

lets talk more on msn I miss you
he maybe lost hope cuz he lost skill lol.
wak it's too bad i didn't find you at the STYD tourney i woulda loved to face you

agent7underfire

Smash Cadet
wak - great video! although, i've learned all of these techniques slowly over my smash time, i like how you teach the techniques slowly so that it is much easier to learn for those who are new. you do a perfect job. props to your dedication.

o yeah, i remember i named an infected mushroom song for you...and it's now in the video! therefore, i had a small part in your video :^D
what video

Cort

Apple Head
This is good stuff for newer players. I'm awaiting for the next video haha maybe I'll learn something.

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Unbelievable post all around, Wak, your reputation will shine.

But shouldn't the thread be named "Advanced How-to-Play Video" rather than AHTP, which is a set of initials that could really stand for anything if you didn't know what you were looking for? This thread sat here stickied for 11 pages and I never read it until now just because the community's so large and "AHTP" doesn't really attract my attention. :)

agent7underfire

Smash Cadet
Unbelievable post all around, Wak, your reputation will shine.

But shouldn't the thread be named "Advanced How-to-Play Video" rather than AHTP, which is a set of initials that could really stand for anything if you didn't know what you were looking for? This thread sat here stickied for 11 pages and I never read it until now just because the community's so large and "AHTP" doesn't really attract my attention. :)
thats very true same here, those videos are great the only thing im waiting for is video4 cant wait

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
*sniff* I feel so honored....

Hahaha, good call on the thread title change, but it really shouldn't have my name in there. :) It leaves the inaccurate impression that I actually had something to do with the project. But thanks I guess!

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Wak got out of smash so forget about video 4 guys.

As I read somewhere on this forum:

"you can't quit smash, smash quits you" or
"You can't quit smash, you can take long breakes though"

Wak shal play smash again and then he might finish that video for us all :)

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
As I read somewhere on this forum:

"you can't quit smash, smash quits you" or
"You can't quit smash, you can take long breakes though"

Wak shal play smash again and then he might finish that video for us all :)
or he can sell his gamecube for money on ebay...

the first sentenses weren't rationnal and pretty wrong.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
It is a good video for people who don't know how to perform or even what the advanced techniques are. My brother refuses to listen to me about them so I have been looking for something like this to show him. I highly recomend this video, on top of explaning the advanced techniques you showed how to practice them and multiple examples of them. Good Job.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
or he can sell his gamecube for money on ebay...

the first sentenses weren't rationnal and pretty wrong.

Then it would indeed be pretty hard to play smash again....
I really hoped that fourth vid would come someday.

Are you going to play SSBB on the Wii? Or are you just quiting smash in general?

Top Bottom