• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Adorable Assistant of ACNL: Isabelle Discussion Thread

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm pretty happy with Isabelle. Kinda disappointed that Sakurai did not craft up the Town Projects playstyle, but I will take this over an echo any day.

I always felt that giving her echo treatment would be strange due to her hugely popular status in the Animal Crossing series.

Thank god I was right.

THANK GOD!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
so she's a semi-echo? neat

im pleased to see her in smash, very fond of the character and glad to see she's got her own stuff i was worried the inkling was the only newcomer i could be hyped for

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Has anyone seen what her fair looks like?

I'm like trying to wrap my head around how she is, this is juicy.

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
congratulations guys!

she looks quite fun to play

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
You know back when we rated her I did not like the Idea of her move set being terra-forming. I think what Mr Sakurai did to her moveset really did do her justice. though be it a Semi-clone it fits her. I can already see the nightmare fighting against an Animal Crossing team >_>. her move kit looks stronger for zoneing than villager.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Congrats to Isabelle and congrats to the idea of Semi-clones still kicking around.

I'm guessing she's on the Wolf end of the scale.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I FEEL SO VINDICATED THAT SHE ISN'T AN ECHO.

OUR PUPPER IS IN.
I am very happy to be proven wrong. Happy to see her in and looking so happy. And that reveal trailer was so adorable!

She's added to the art, and she looks as adorable as ever!

hero03_en.jpg

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
Also coming over form the Shantae thread. Congrats to all of you who wanted Isabelle! Enjoy your moment to shine :grin:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
King Sonn Dededoo said:
I have a somewhat ominous prediction about Isabelle.

I believe that Isabelle will get in as a unique newcomer. She will be unique not because she lacks the qualities to become an echo (close enough proportions, Villager move set could work with her), but because she is an extremely popular, promoted, and marketable character with enough moveset potential to warrant a unique move set.

What I find ominous about my prediction is that I feel that Isabelle will become the go to character to complain about. “Why did Isabelle have to take a unique move set slot, she could have been an echo and *insert popular character here* could have gotten in instead”

At the end of the day, I’d be ecstatic if Isabelle is unique or an echo, but I’m already prepping myself for potential backlash if she’s unique.
King Sonn Dededoo said:
Perhaps it’s a bit greedy but I’m hoping for a new Animal Crossing and I feel now would be a good time to announce it. Since paid online is most likely is going be a focus for this direct, I feel AC is franchise that could utilize online connectivity. After going over the attributes of paid online, and current games that will use it, they could also talk about it being planned with future releases, such as Smash and Animal Crossing. I think they could end the direct with an announcement for a switch AC game with a 2019 release and an Isabelle smash reveal.
These posts have aged like a fine wine

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Congrats everyone!

I love Animal Crossing and it's super amazing to see it get more rep in Smash! Isabelle totally deserves to have her own spot.

I was low key hoping Tom Nook would be an Echo at the end there. I could've finally had my chance to beat him up for taking my bells from me, lol.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I guess we were all both right. She appears to be a Luigified/semi-clone Villager, not 100% unique but with enough differences that you really don't care. Also, I cracked up when Nook appeared. I half expected him to just slowly lay his head on the desk and the screen fade to black.

Cabbagehead

#Ashley4Smashley
NNID
RadRedi
Congratulations to all my fellow Isabelle fans! They went above and beyond for our favorite secretary!

I'm really hoping the other half of my avatar is next.

VoxeD

Smash Rookie
Congrats to y'all and Isabelle from the Bandana Brigade! She looks so hecking adorable and her reveal was great!

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations to all of you Isabelle fans! AC definitely was due for another rep and I think it would be cool if Isabelle got Digby as an alternate costume .

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Seriously, congrats to you guys! As someone who thought she'd only get in as an Echo, it's pretty awesome to see Sakurai was able to flesh out an entire moveset for her! She's definitely earned her spot in Smash and I tip my metaphorical hat to y'all!

hposter

Smash Apprentice
shadow fan here, much congrats to you all! you've fought long and hard
at least for us, the assist trophy pattern very much exists now
anyways, congrats

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Funnily enough, this pic was when I was introduced to Isabelle. I heard about new AC games, but I didn't play any since Wild World.

The news that she seems to be a semi-clone is very nice.

----

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Well that was unexpected.

Great job you guy's! I don't think Isabelle is stealing any slots at all; and I'm glad to see her here!
And may I say; she's looking absolutely ADORABLE

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Well congrats to you all on having your wish come true Isabella fans (Do hope you have a wonderful day and God bless you)!

Do wish we could have seen more Smash content (A New stage, more modes, more items, more Assist Trophies) in the Direct! But I guess that's just me!

Klimax

Smash Ace
While I'm not a fan of Isabelle, I gotta say somehting, she surprised nearly everyone because I don't think that many people expected her as a unique newcomer.
Congratulations to you guys !

D

Deleted member

Hooray! Rejoice Animal Crossing fans! It's our day! Really turned that Direct around for me. Lets get a Social Thread under her character eh?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well wanted to just drop by on this page and congrats everyone who wanted Isabelle in getting their character in. I'm proud for all of you. :)

Also now that she's confirmed. Shouldn't this page be moved to Isabelle's section?

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
This was a really pleasant surprise! I was always doubtful about of Isabelle as an echo due to proportions and such, so I'm glad she made it unique!

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I was expecting an echo but am really happy she has unique moves. She even has a gyroid mine that looks akin to a Snake move.
Aaaand now my salt about Snake losing his down smash from Brawl has been refreshed. Dammit.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Side note: I love how in this game full of HD upgrades, Isabelle's mouth is still a texture ^_^

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Just wanted to say to you Isabelle fans. CONGRATULATIONS on your adorable assistant's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

I am so happy for you guys. You guys will now receive the upgrade soon.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well congradulations from the shantae thread isabelle fans! I knew she was gonna be in the game, but as a full newcomer? thats a surprise.

She deserves it though, and I am happy to see her playable!
Thanks! Shantae is my second most wanted, so here's hoping she gets in too!

GoodShepperd

Smash Apprentice
Didn't expect Isabelle to be a fully fledged newcomer, and I wasn't hype for her at all before this, but she actually looks really fun and adorable. Congrats!

I'm really excited about that fishing rod move she's got, that's gotta be a special right?

Top Bottom