• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

DJMirror

Smash Master
Signia and Stab needs to pick up my controller tonight or tomorrow. I get out of work at 9pm

so does anyone else needs a ride? JDM?

khepri

Smash Lord
Dude, your join date. 4 years my elder. It's generally always open to others. The initiation is to play 2 hours of brawl with me. :[
Alright, cool. How late is this going? I'm stuck at work longer than I expected to be.

In addition, anyone have an extra controller? Also because I don't carry one to work.

DJMirror

Smash Master
Ok this is pretty random but **** it

is anyone interested in going to FFA, Japan Arcade and Little Tokyo with me and Rei on this Sunday?

I'm going there to shop around Little Tokyo and go play some KOF XIII/MBAA at FFA/JA for a bit

Me
-Rei
-Open
-Open
-Open

Let me know asap

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I'm going to assume that somebody is taking me to 2GG tomorrow. If so, I'll be ready past 10:00.
ok I'm going to say this because I'm kinda annoyed by this.

but never ever assume that someone is going to pick you up.

if you wanna get picked up please please please don't say, "I'm going to assume that someone is going to take me" it's hard to see who's taking who and stuff. I don't wanna argue this or anything but I want to make this a rule so we don't have any confusion or last minute bull**** of who's taking who.

because right now I saw a post that okami is taking matt when Matt wants to give him a ride and if I didn't look at this thread just now, I would've wasted a lot of time and gas tomorrow.

-JAAAAAAASON

DJMirror

Smash Master
ok I'm going to say this because I'm kinda annoyed by this.

but never ever assume that someone is going to pick you up.

if you wanna get picked up please please please don't say, "I'm going to assume that someone is going to take me" it's hard to see who's taking who and stuff. I don't wanna argue this or anything but I want to make this a rule so we don't have any confusion or last minute bull**** of who's taking who.

because right now I saw a post that okami is taking matt when Matt wants me to give him a ride and if I didn't look at this thread just now, I would've wasted a lot of time and gas tomorrow.

-JAAAAAAASON
*I made a mistake i forgot to add the "me"

Fly sorry to use you as an example but yeah I talked to matt last night and he asked me "so you're giving me a ride tomorrow right?" I'm not too sure so I was like wtf (I was in a bad mood) so I kinda snapped like that.

so in my carpool I have
me
Micheal
macD
Yes Fly I will take you
Matt

ehhh so am I still taking you or not matt? I dont want to wait for a hour wasting gas, time and not get a respond from you and be a little more late to pick up everyone!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
jason or anyone driving, can I please get a ride to the tournament? I wasn't planning on going but under certain circumstances, I absolutely NEED to get out of my house. I know it's last second but please help me out. I'll pay as much gas money as you want/need.

MacD

Banned via Administration
the fact that it was 10pm the night before the tourney and no one had specifically asked for rides is what got on both of our nerves

it's not our job to just save room for you and assume we are going to take/be able to take you

seems like just a few people take for granted the fact we always are like who wants to go and stuff, but if you don't ask, how should we know?

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
There have been a lot of times where I don't contact anybody and somebody just shows up and gives me a ride anyways. That said, it is dumb of me to assume that to be the norm. My apologies.

MacD

Banned via Administration
the only time i can think of is the last tourney where you mentioned you wanted to go but we never really actually discussed who was doing

when we have carpools set up and stuff, yea it's safe to assume that (and if we are teaming cause obviously you're going)

Signia

Smash Lord
Adam is now one of my favorite people to play. Along with Ry, Jeff, Shiv, Michael (a.k.a. Spark) and Dylan.
you LIKE playing me? all I do is *****!

Anto you gotta watch the OVA too it all makes sense then

Signia

Smash Lord
lol, guess im marathoning school days today. forget about what I've said about this genre of anime... I'm liking it so far

I was just kidding anto I havent seen it yet

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Anybody playing tomorrow? Need to get some smash in before I'm gone for good. :O

(I think I also need to bum my TV off to Okami)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Matt I'm going to give you the files to upload it.
Didn't brandon want to upload them? If not then I'll gladly upload them, just give me the download link over facebook or something (I'm not really on aim much anymore, but if you need me to be on it, I will be).

And yes, today was hecka fun.

iRTuan

Smash Journeyman
Hi, guys. My name is Tuan, tag is iRTuan. Yeah, I had to think about that one for a while. I'm a pretty bad player, so be nice D; I'm at that stage where I don't know who to main, so I'm still experimenting I guess. I'm trying to get more into it and go to get-togethers/smashfests.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Hey Tuan. The 949 has a pretty good number of active players, so you should be able to practice decently often.

I wouldn't worry too much about not knowing who to main. Just try to get the gist of how a lot of the characters work, see which ones you like, and go from there. There's no hurry.

Top Bottom