• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

DJMirror

Smash Master
Yea Matt i was so disappointed

I dont wanna hear you say i haven't play in months when I hadn't play a tekken game in years

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
im in irvine today! hmu if anyones down to play/chill ..not sure whos still in town from the school. im gonna be around it for the most part though

858 337 1867

JDM

Smash Champion
Grats Anto. Now Paul is the best melee player in Uni.

What school are you going to go to?

DJMirror

Smash Master
So just for Signia and Okami

http://www.djamaya.com/music/dj-mixes/

I'm working on a KOF XI combo video

don't expect it to be great since the combos I'm doing are just plain and simple haha I was inspire to make one because I saw this one again (I saw it when it first came out) and I was like ****kk I need to make one because it looks fun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps75o0n-t9s

Mind you that it got reloaded because of the songs haha

Signia

Smash Lord
but you can tell him how gay i was with those grabs
grabs are dumb in tekken... pros almost always break them on reaction anyway. Still, all he has to do is duck one grab and hit a button and he gets a big launch. On the other hand Law's command grabs are still good

I'm getting online now if you want to play

DJMirror

Smash Master
Nah I'm using Cam's PS3 and his account

FoUPsychoMidget

so I can't play on it all the time LOL

DJMirror

Smash Master
grabs are dumb in tekken... pros almost always break them on reaction anyway. Still, all he has to do is duck one grab and hit a button and he gets a big launch. On the other hand Law's command grabs are still good

I'm getting online now if you want to play
If Matt was ducking, depending what character I am, I just abuse rising (insert any 2 hits overhead commands LOL) til he stands up and then I grab him. He'll stop ducking so I'll keep grabbing!

Bwhahaha so cheap huh?

I'm going to stop playing SSF4AE and Tekken 6 since I'm going to play KOF XIII at the arcade in garden grove every night (beside certain nights like for smash tournaments and stuff)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
MATT HOW COULD YOU LOSE TO JASON IN TEKKEN 6

you are not my son
To be fair, the field was pretty level considering neither of us had the fundamentals of the game down. I remembered maybe a handful of Law's moves and had 0 idea how to combo anymore. Combine that with me having no clue where to block 98% of the cast's attacks and not knowing what's safe and you basically have a guessing game.

I guess I'd like to go to 2GG

And what's going down on the Friday Funday?

DJMirror

Smash Master
So I'm sure no one cares but I'll post it anyways, I noticed some things about the KOF (King Of Fighters) Community
but what I notice was this:

- Some of the guys have been around since 1998 (And still playing this game)
- I'm one of the two youngest players in the community (Everyone else is like 25 to 30ish) the other guy is the same age as me.
- Every Thursday, there's a gathering/session (Think of Smashfest) at Alex's Arcade aka AA.
- There are still some people playing everyday.
- West Coast KOF Scene is the best in the US (Yessssss)
- I can fairly assume that Socal is the strongest region.
- There's a tournament every month but that might change once the console version comes out
- The Best USA KOF Player lives in Garden Grove and his gamertag is Mr. KOF (LOOOOL)
- They told me DarkGeese is a pad player and one of the best in the USA but he never try to learn to play on stick so they told me do not be in the DarkGeese Cycle.
- I think I'm one of the two guys from 949 while everyone else is from 714 (The other guy is Kane317)
- There's another arcade that carries KOF XIII in Little Tokyo in the LA Area called Japan Arcade, I might go there sometimes next week.
- Alex's Arcades have KOF XIII, KOF 2002, SSF4 AE (4 cabinets of them), MVC1, X-Men vs Street Fighter, MVC2, MVC3, Tekken 6, SF3 3rd Strike, VF5, and a few shooting games. Their hours is 11am to 11pm but sometimes the owner closes it later like the first time I came over, I was playing KOF XIII for the first time with Mr. KOF for a hour. I didn't know that we played til 12am LOOOL The funny thing is I didn't know Mr. KOF looks like (I heard of the name but I never seen his face til now) The owner is pretty chill and stuff.

There's more but I'm currently on week 1 haha

Signia

Smash Lord
Jason I left my controller in your car

bring it to anthony's please?

interesting stuff about the KOF scene, reminds me of the Virtua Fighter SoCal scene

except they're even older

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Dude, your join date. 4 years my elder. It's generally always open to others. The initiation is to play 2 hours of brawl with me. :[

Top Bottom