• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Kira-

Smash Champion
So Wednesday I'm going to see Scott Pilgrim vs The World because it looks totally awesome and I now regret not going to watch it when it first came out. The catch: it's in Brea (26 mins away), not too bad but not the most convenient, movie didn't do so well so Brea is the closest theater that is showing it.

I however do not care and I am driving out there to watch it and would do so by myself if I had to (luckily I don't), but if anyone else is bored that day, I have extra room in my car and can take you.

pretty sure there isn't anyone on this forum i wouldn't take... i bet im missing someone though lol but yea 99% chance you'd be cool to come. i feel like theres more but i guess not. cool

Kira-

Smash Champion
So Wednesday I'm going to see Scott Pilgrim vs The World because it looks totally awesome and I now regret not going to watch it when it first came out. The catch: it's in Brea (26 mins away), not too bad but not the most convenient, movie didn't do so well so Brea is the closest theater that is showing it.

I however do not care and I am driving out there to watch it and would do so by myself if I had to (luckily I don't), but if anyone else is bored that day, I have extra room in my car and can take you.

pretty sure there isn't anyone on this forum i wouldn't take... i bet im missing someone though lol but yea 99% chance you'd be cool to come. i feel like theres more but i guess not. cool
Oh yeah one extra perk.. the ticket is only $3.75! Awesome.. gonna buy a bucket of popcorn too, and it's all for me

JDM

Smash Champion
I use the Daigo wine glass hold.

Most people pinch their thumb and pointer finger around the balltop. (Like the A ok sign)

ComboFest

Smash Lord
I have it so that my thumb is on the right side of the ball, my index is on the top of the ball, and my middle is on the left side of the ball.

My other fingers just do whatever.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
lol when played at anthony's i just palmed the balltop like it was a gearshift lever and kind of moved my hand around to fit the motion i needed it to move to.that was the first time i used a stick though, and i havent gotten around to buying one yet :p

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
dave you wont regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow omg that movie was so good jegus

i hold it in "a-ok" but for me the most important part of the grasp is resting my middle finger on the...
shaft -_-

Signia

Smash Lord
I have it so that my thumb is on the right side of the ball, my index is on the top of the ball, and my middle is on the left side of the ball.

My other fingers just do whatever.
For controlling just about anything, just make sure you're limbs or whatever are free to move but other joints that don't need to move are anchored to the ground. I learned this in pottery back in high school, where you have to hold you elbows into you stomach so your arms don't flail around when you're pushing on the clay on the wheel.

So when I use my arcade stick, either my wrist is planted on the face of the arcade stick next to the actual stick, or my elbow is touching my stomach so my wrist is free to move around for the bigger motions like half circles. I'm not the most seasoned arcade stick user but I think this ensures that movements are controlled and consistent, with motions feeling the same every time you do them.

As long as you do this I don't think it matters where you put your fingers, just as long as every direction is comfortable so you don't end up favoring a side more or something.

Btw Scott Pilgrim is amazing. Movie was perfect for me. Canadians (the coins made me lol so hard), manga/anime-esque fight scenes/general style (the beginning of the movie is exactly like the first chapter of a manga), that kind of dead-pan (?) situational humor that I love, and vague fighting game references (ok that was kinda cheesy).

Signia

Smash Lord
If I can find it somewhere for free I'll definitely look into it. If it's not available online I'll think about buying them. Never bought a comic book or manga before

Btw, smashfest at my house on Friday. Okami will be there. Won't have extra laptop+SC2 account this time. PM me for address

Anyone else hyped for Rock Band 3 keyboard?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I hold my arcade stick like a mix of pics 2 and 4. http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/jul/08/tips-switching-pad-joystick/

I used to hold it in a single grip as a little kid since I used to play at arcades with HAPP parts.

If I can find it somewhere for free I'll definitely look into it. If it's not available online I'll think about buying them. Never bought a comic book or manga before
I hear that they're releasing all the volumes in a special box sometime in November.
I don't know if you want to spend that much just to read it though.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Aww...Minato...it's Shana. <3

Keyboard sounds pretty cool.

And, yeah, I'll be there and will be open to money match anyone (even if they are quarter MM's) who isn't on the SoCal PR, I suppose.

JDM

Smash Champion
I've been done for a while. You can pick it up whenever.

I haven't touched White version in like 2 weeks.(Selling it for $45 if anybody wants it) I'll clean it up for you like I did to your stick.

And I just got Initial D Extreme Stage for the PS3 and that **** is godlike.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Anyone with a car wanna help a broski out/see some art?

Okay so my AP Art History teacher is doing this thing where she gives extra credit and takes us on a tour if we show up at 4:00 at The Greek Orthodox Church in Irvine on Monday Nov. 1st (I think it's St. Paul's or something)

Anyway, I get out at 2 and don't want to head the opposite direction (home) for an hour, then head to irvine, then head back. So I figure it'd be really convenient if I could go to Irvine to play smash, me and whoever I play smash head to the church (You get a free tour of the church and its art), then head back to play some more smash until I get picked up.

So basically, if you're free on monday and willing to drive me 5 minutes to the Church, you get a free mini-art tour and smash all dai (unless you don't want to play smash, in which case I'd be fine just hanging out and doing my homework lol).

Signia

Smash Lord
And I just got Initial D Extreme Stage for the PS3 and that **** is godlike.
omg Initial D... the anime was ok but I played I think stage 3 at that one arcade in Vegas, and that was by far the most entertaining racing game experience I've had. I've never really liked the more realistic racing games, except maybe Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2. I guess I'm just a sucker for anime aesthetics.

Top Bottom