• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Its really cool to go if you plan on

A) Buying something anime related

B) Looking at cosplay.. well the good ones anyway.

C) Go hit up a special guest thats coming (For concerts/panels/whatever)

Pretty much.
Both A and B can be solved with the use of the internet. :)
As for C, I guess that's a plus for those that are interested stuff like that.

I mainly wanted to go to hang out with some people. :ohwell:

DJMirror

Smash Master
Minato, we gotta play each other sometime soon because we never play each other ONCE

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
ax was fun a few years ago, and it was also much cheaper.

only reason i'm going this year is because i'm getting a free one-day pass. i'm going to hit up ax idol/ the console room tomorrow if anyone else is gonna be there.

ax is really fun when you go with a big group of people (like at least 8), reserve a hotel and stay the full 4 days. if you're older you can also factor in booze/ hitting up clubs since ax is in LA this year (or you can just go to the rave at one of the hotels if you're into that).

you can also look forward to buying some pretty cool stuff/seeing all the random cosplayers/concerts/guest panels/workshops/etc and it's actually a pretty good time.

45 bucks for one day is definitely not worth it though.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
fyp

peer pressure's a *****
pretty sure you're reading into that post a little too much.

peer pressure to attend an anime expo sounds a bit dramatic lol. there are just as many people saying ax isn't that great in this thread.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
the only time you should take me totally serious about anything is when i'm talking about how much society sucks

that said it also has more than a little truth in it

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Soooo DJmirror will be visiting my place today. Ajax might come too. Anyone interested in joining us? You won't have to pay unless I get a lot of people, in which case I may charge a venue fee of 10 dollars. LOL I'm jk but smashers have seriously charged a venue fee for their houses before. I'm not that kinda guy though =P

Okami, you're right. 4th of July is a bad day to be on the road, especially at night. If you are going to travel its best to do it early. If you have a far drive it might be best to stay the night at whichever location you are visiting. That's what I'm doing since I'll be hanging out with friends in Mallibu. I really don't want to drive home at 2AM with all the drunk drivers out there.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Soooo DJmirror will be visiting my place today. Ajax might come too. Anyone interested in joining us? You won't have to pay unless I get a lot of people, in which case I may charge a venue fee of 10 dollars. LOL I'm jk but smashers have seriously charged a venue fee for their houses before. I'm not that kinda guy though =P

Okami, you're right. 4th of July is a bad day to be on the road, especially at night. If you are going to travel its best to do it early. If you have a far drive it might be best to stay the night at whichever location you are visiting. That's what I'm doing since I'll be hanging out with friends in Malibu. I really don't want to drive home at 2AM with all the drunk drivers out there.
What city is it in?

MacD

Banned via Administration
What city is it in?

Yea seriously, where do you live bro?

I also live in downtown LA. As far as I know, I'm the only brawl or melee player that lives in the area, but I hope I'm mistaken! I also live a few blocks away from the staples center (I see people are going to the anime expo). If anyone wants to come by, let me know! I'm not planning on going to the anime event, but I'd be happy to have a good smash player over if they can bring a cube and extra controller (I only have a terrible white one my friend bought me for 5 bucks LOL).
****ing noobs

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Ah...I see it now...well shoot. That's far. Unless you guys wanna fill up my car with people and help pay for gas...is anyone else having anything close by?

Also, poor Ry with his Czechoslovakian Republican relativian peopleon.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
If you guys can find a way to get here you are more than welcome =) Just shoot me a text at 401-633-5946 and I'll give you directions. I'd also need advanced notice, cause I can only play for a little while today.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
fyp

peer pressure's a *****
lol I didn't want to go because of peer pressure. Zhu even told me he could pick me up last night because I was on the way. I just ultimately opted not to go because I wanted to spend time with family :)

and because JOE CLIFFORD is coming over later.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
like you would be cognizant even if it was peer pressure

it still was imo

you replying a day later only adds to it= )

Kira-

Smash Champion
Looks like the next time we have a JDM smashfest it will need to be a round-robin tourney, 'cause the 949 Arcadian rankings need some more evidence =)

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
yeah sure. but after I go to Mitsuwa :) I'll post/text people when it's okay to come over.

1-714-725-2902

you're gonna need my number so that you can call/tell me to open the gate for you

Kira-

Smash Champion
Andrew and Squid are around but GSUB is away for the whole summer with work. Good for him. But yea it would be tough to get Sherigami down to Irvine.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
don't have my car yet

but theres a very very high posibility that i'm getting it tonight or tmrw =)

i won't be able to travel to any smashfest yet until my parents leave socal & head back to norcal

AntoPark

Smash Lord
wait, Hyprid's 949?
I thought he lived like an hour away?
But yeah, JDM, Matt, and Kevin all ****.
Squid too!
And jason when he doesn't counterpick with sheik.

spreedom

Smash Cadet
if there's enough interest ill hold a smashfest at my house, 4tvs just need setups

ComboFest

Smash Lord
wait, Hyprid's 949?
I thought he lived like an hour away?
But yeah, JDM, Matt, and Kevin all ****.
Squid too!
And jason when he doesn't counterpick with sheik.
Yea squid you **** so hard.

I'm down for the smashfest. I need to get some practice in.

Top Bottom