• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesir

Smash Master
chu dat not considered for 2nd? He did win pound 2...

about the whole falco crap, I have disagree with cort saying that PC doesn't have technical skill to win those matches, you may be right that he doesn't want to bother, but he definitly has it IMO...
What are you disagreeing with then? Cort clearly said he didn't want to be bothered not that pc didn't have the tech he just doesn't want to be bothered. So what are you disagreeing with?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
PC has the tech skill to do it

he just fights falco's and fox's better with marth than he does falco or fox, it doens't require as much effort

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
...PC used Peach to beat Shiz at FC.

and hello what about Lambchops' Falco?? Nite should be recognized as far as falcos go now too.

I agree with Marth then Fox then Falco then Sheik.

But who should be 5th? Icys or Peach? Chu makes a strong case for Icys.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I agree with Marth then Fox then Falco then Sheik.

But who should be 5th? Icys or Peach? Chu makes a strong case for Icys.
I disagree. Chu is the only IC's that places high in tournaments. This, in my opinion, doesn't give IC's a strong enough case as being higher on the tier list, but simply shows that ChuDat is a phenomenal IC's user. The tier list is suppose to be based on tournament rankings, but I believe there should be an exception in ChuDats' ICs case simply because there is no one else.

In Peach's defense, Vidjo placed 7th at OC3 and 5th at FC. PC used Peach against M2K and took a few matches off of him at Long Island, and his teammate Cort used Peach in teams to get them 1st in doubles at FC. Cort is 2nd in the New England rankings and recently placed first at WTF 3 and 2nd in Sexticle (behind PC Chris). However, this is only mentioning 2 Peach player's that do exceptionally well in national tournaments.

So my case thus far is:
1.) Marth
2.) Fox
3.) Falco
4.) Sheik
5.) Peach

If you agree, then the next case is between Ice Climbers and Falcon. Without going in detail, the only Falcon that has been placing well in tournaments recently is Jiano (3rd @ Pound II behind Chu/M2K). Since Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers seem to be in the same boat as of recently with only one (maybe 2 in Falcon's case) placing well in tournaments, I believe Ice Climbers should take the 6th spot. Isai dominated nicely with King @ OC3, but ChuDat has been dominating soundly with Chillin and M2K placing at least top 3 on an average. In regards to singles, obviously Chu takes the cake. I can't really seem to defend Captain Falcon in regards to singles placing unless someone can enlighten me.

Discuss.

T0MMY

Smash Master
i've posted that tier list like 8 times pretty much
every time, people have agreed with it...i don't feel like making the same reasons again and again
Why do you post like you know everything about the game and everyone agrees with you fully? The people who know a lot about the game don't come off sounding so arrogant.

Hmm KKK seems to do better than Gimpy though...
No way, Gimpy is awesome. Check the tourney records, I'm sure Gimpy's Boozer destroys everything in its path with no mercy.

and KKK is krazy kirby kid i think, the best kirby there is
http://nealpro.com/tia/event.aspx?id=459
Not according to tournament standings. t!mmy beat him out at OC3. KK Kid and Nashun are both very good players, though, and cool people. The only other Kirby player I think might be better than t!mmy is KingKirby90, but I haven't played him and I heard he doesn't play anymore(?).

But I think it's the new fad to say Kirby is worse than Pichu. Trust me, I know both the characters very well, they're both terrible, but Pichu is a lot worse. Even still, it's not a lot to do with how good the character is but the tournament metagame and there were about 5 Kirby players at OC3 and I was the only Pichu player. Nobody plays with Pichu, nobody does well with Pichu, any way you look at it Pichu is bottom of the very bottom. Joke character.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Based off tournament results:

Marth is now #1.
Fox is #2.
Falco is #3.
Sheik is #4.

Why is Sheik so low even though KDJ beat M2K at Long Island, NY? Because KDJ's Sheik has been the only one to place top 3 in MLG's and other major tournaments recently, and KDJ's Sheik hasn't been seen since then. Also, these past tournaments show Drephen placing 4th consistently (which I think is amazing) behind M2K, PC, and Chu. Ken getting 4th at OC strengthens the fact that Marth should be #1, not to mention KDJ switching from Fox and using Marth much more.

Discuss.
How can you put sheik below falco if both kdj and drephen are consistently near the top of the tournaments they attend while using sheik? Why doesn't falco follow the same logic and as a result end up below sheik?

Omni

BRoomer
How can you put sheik below falco if both kdj and drephen are consistently near the top of the tournaments they attend while using sheik? Why doesn't falco follow the same logic and as a result end up below sheik?
Do you consider PC Chris a Falco/Fox main?

Last major tournament KDJ went to was Long Island, NY placing 1st over M2K and PC. However KDJ only goes Sheik against Marth's (once against M2K's Fox) and uses Fox (and sometimes Marth) against the rest. At Cataclysm, he used Marth against ChuDat's Ice Climbers; no clue who he used against PC. Point is, KDJ's Sheik doesn't hold as much water as Drephen's Sheik. But let's say it did:

KDJ's Sheik placing 1st at Long Island, NY. Forget that it's not too recent.
Drephen placing 4th at FC and Pound II. 5th at OC.

Now by logic, if PC Chris is indeed a Falco/Fox main, then I believe that takes the cake. However, Forward and Shizwiz have been placing at least top 10 (Shiz taking 1st in his region 7th at FC). Also, while Forward was travelling, he has been placing Top 3 at many tournaments which shows a constant placing for Falco.

Which of the two scenarios do you think holds more weight and why?

Samochan

Smash Master
Didn't you place higher than any of the five kirby players at OC3? Wouldn't that suggest otherwise?
Cause Dire places better with his GW than many others with fox and sheik and whatnot, makes GW a better character? >_> That logic fails. Also in tournaments you have to consider who the smashers face and who they beat and lose to, not just how well they place. Not to mention the players don't neccesarily go all pichu and kirby on tourneys. >_>

And KKK > T!mmy > KK90 imo, though I'd need to see some good tourney footage of T!mmy. Everyone of them do have smexy kirby's. But otherwise I do agree with you TOMMY, with kirby and pichu both being crap characters but pichu being worse out of the duo. It is debatable which character is worse, Bowser of Kirby, when both characters have some very good players playing them, can beat good players with them and place reasonably well (not sure of the exact placings of KKK, T!mmy, Gimpy etc. on every tourney they attend).

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I disagree. Chu is the only IC's that places high in tournaments. This, in my opinion, doesn't give IC's a strong enough case as being higher on the tier list, but simply shows that ChuDat is a phenomenal IC's user. The tier list is suppose to be based on tournament rankings, but I believe there should be an exception in ChuDats' ICs case simply because there is no one else.

In Peach's defense, Vidjo placed 7th at OC3 and 5th at FC. PC used Peach against M2K and took a few matches off of him at Long Island, and his teammate Cort used Peach in teams to get them 1st in doubles at FC. Cort is 2nd in the New England rankings and recently placed first at WTF 3 and 2nd in Sexticle (behind PC Chris). However, this is only mentioning 2 Peach player's that do exceptionally well in national tournaments.

So my case thus far is:
1.) Marth
2.) Fox
3.) Falco
4.) Sheik
5.) Peach

If you agree, then the next case is between Ice Climbers and Falcon. Without going in detail, the only Falcon that has been placing well in tournaments recently is Jiano (3rd @ Pound II behind Chu/M2K). Since Captain Falcon and Ice Climbers seem to be in the same boat as of recently with only one (maybe 2 in Falcon's case) placing well in tournaments, I believe Ice Climbers should take the 6th spot. Isai dominated nicely with King @ OC3, but ChuDat has been dominating soundly with Chillin and M2K placing at least top 3 on an average. In regards to singles, obviously Chu takes the cake. I can't really seem to defend Captain Falcon in regards to singles placing unless someone can enlighten me.

Discuss.
Is should be this:
1.) Marth
2.)Fox
3.)Sheik
4.) Falco
5.)Falcon
6.)Peach

I switched falco and sheik and i switched falcon and peach. Why?
Falcos age of glory is long gone and many of the falcos go fox now(PC Chris) and now Marth can take on falco and many others. Btw whens the last time a falco won a tourney?
Falcon above peach, tourneys prove this. there was a huge arguemnt like 10 pages back, and i lost the arguemtn simply cause of tourney results favoring falcon by ALOT.

Omni

BRoomer
Is should be this:
1.) Marth
2.)Fox
3.)Sheik
4.) Sheik
5.)Falcon
6.)Peach

Falcos age of glory is long gone and many of the falcos go fox now(PC Chris) and now Marth can take on falco and many others. Btw whens the last time a falco won a tourney?
Falcon above peach, tourneys prove this. there was a huge arguemnt like 10 pages back, and i lost the arguemtn simply cause of tourney results favoring falcon by ALOT.
your list is typoed.
and can you provide actual evidence to support your claims

pockyD

Smash Legend
Do you consider PC Chris a Falco/Fox main?

Last major tournament KDJ went to was Long Island, NY placing 1st over M2K and PC. However KDJ only goes Sheik against Marth's (once against M2K's Fox) and uses Fox (and sometimes Marth) against the rest. At Cataclysm, he used Marth against ChuDat's Ice Climbers; no clue who he used against PC. Point is, KDJ's Sheik doesn't hold as much water as Drephen's Sheik. But let's say it did:

KDJ's Sheik placing 1st at Long Island, NY. Forget that it's not too recent.
Drephen placing 4th at FC and Pound II. 5th at OC.

Now by logic, if PC Chris is indeed a Falco/Fox main, then I believe that takes the cake. However, Forward and Shizwiz have been placing at least top 10 (Shiz taking 1st in his region 7th at FC). Also, while Forward was travelling, he has been placing Top 3 at many tournaments which shows a constant placing for Falco.

Which of the two scenarios do you think holds more weight and why?
as little as kdj uses sheik, pc uses falco even less; from what i've seen, he goes almost all fox in tournaments and uses peach as often as he does falco; pc nowadays is a FOX main.

but fine, throw them both out for the sake of argument; drephen (2nd sheik) still outperformed both shiz and forward (who you seem to be pushing for the 2nd falco) at pound2, fcd, and oc3 (ALL the big tournaments this summer), including head-to-head wins as well

Omni

BRoomer
as little as kdj uses sheik, pc uses falco even less; from what i've seen, he goes almost all fox in tournaments and uses peach as often as he does falco; pc nowadays is a FOX main.

but fine, throw them both out for the sake of argument; drephen (2nd sheik) still outperformed both shiz and forward (who you seem to be pushing for the 2nd falco) at pound2, fcd, and oc3 (ALL the big tournaments this summer), including head-to-head wins as well
that's true, and i agree. not just with big tournament placings, my issue is that i've seen more falcos then sheiks at the top of most brackets. forward as of lately hasn't been placing too big, but earlier in the year he was on fire. the best player in the florida region is a falco. hm... what am i trying to say? okay, i got it.

i think that even though drephen is placing outstanding in major tournaments, that there are more falco placing higher on an average. if we took sheik and falco and put their placings and averaged them, i think falco would be higher up but very close to sheik. again, i'm assuming this without going into the evidence which can take some time. it's the same reason why i don't believe ic's should be over sheik or falco even tho chu dat has been placing at least top 3 and at times 1st at countless tournaments.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Is should be this:
1.) Marth
2.)Fox
3.)Sheik
4.) Falco
5.)Falcon
6.)Peach

Tourney results do not favor falcon by alot in any sense of the word. The top peach has placed above the top falcon more often than the reverse in top tournaments this year. (unless vidjo doesnt play peach anymore which is entirely possible) Falcon players tend to be very inconsistent. Peach is a better character than falcon. But i agree with your list otherwise. I think IC's are better than falcon too but not enough people play them.

And omni both m2k and dj think that shiek is the best character in the game. Once again like mentioned dj as shiek won mlg ny this year and would have won more had he been attending tourneys. With forward retired and PC not playing falco anymore there isnt any real reason to place falco ahead of shiek.

Omni

BRoomer
And omni both m2k and dj think that shiek is the best character in the game. Once again like mentioned dj as shiek won mlg ny this year and would have won more had he been attending tourneys. With forward retired and PC not playing falco anymore there isnt any real reason to place falco ahead of shiek.
I agree with M2K and DJ. I think Sheik is a better character than Falco definitely. But I'm basing my judgement off tournament placings only since that is what the tier list is revolved around.

Here, what about this?

How many Sheiks have been placing Top 10 in, let's say, the past 6 months?
How many Falcos have been placing Top 10 in the past 6 months?

I know that at Pound II, PC used Falco and took a match off M2K, and he definitely uses Falco alot during his regular bracket play. I also believe that KDJ uses his Fox/Marth more in bracket play and saves his Sheik specifically for M2K and other good Marth's (since M2K usually ***** spacies). However, let's just take both of those two away. What players are we left with that rank well in their regions? Nationally?

Again, I haven't gone back to look at any evidence, but I'm just assuming that there will be more Falco's on that list than Sheik's.

Eci4

Smash Ace
At FC.

KDJ doesn't go, #1 Sheik doesn't place
#1 Falco gets 2nd

#2 Sheik (Drephen) gets 4th
#2 Falco (Forward) gets 25th (Falcos who place in front of him are Shiz, Lambchops, Nite, Mathos, Lunaris, maybe a few others, I'm not sure who they play) That's last in brackets.

The only other player I'm sure of from brackets that plays sheik is KeepSpeedN who placed 17th.

So many more falcos went in. I don't know how many sheik mains went in (or falco for that matter) but falco is by far more popular.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Tourney results do not favor falcon by alot in any sense of the word. The top peach has placed above the top falcon more often than the reverse in top tournaments this year. (unless vidjo doesnt play peach anymore which is entirely possible) Falcon players tend to be very inconsistent. Peach is a better character than falcon. But i agree with your list otherwise. I think IC's are better than falcon too but not enough people play them.

Vidjo uses Fox and Marth a lot becuase Peach has so many bad matchups, I'd put Falcon and IC's ahead of Peach.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Vidjo uses Fox and Marth a lot becuase Peach has so many bad matchups, I'd put Falcon and IC's ahead of Peach.
Yeah Falcon is better then Peach.....
There is really no dominant Peach player but there are quite a few amazing Falcons that destroy...

Omni

BRoomer
Yeah Falcon is better then Peach.....
There is really no dominant Peach player but there are quite a few amazing Falcons that destroy...
Dragon, don't say absolute statements such as "Falcon is better then..." without supporting them. Darkrain, Jiano, SilentSpectre, G-Regulate. All of these Falcon's are good and place well in their regions. Same goes Vidjogamer, Cort, XIF, MikeLenetia, Kirbstir, etc. Whether or not Falcon does better as a character by himself has nothing to do anything in regards to the Tier List.

The Tier List is based off tournament rankings. Not character match-ups.

If you want to argue or bring a new point into the thread, support it or it means nothing.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
that's true, and i agree. not just with big tournament placings, my issue is that i've seen more falcos then sheiks at the top of most brackets. forward as of lately hasn't been placing too big, but earlier in the year he was on fire. the best player in the florida region is a falco. hm... what am i trying to say? okay, i got it.

i think that even though drephen is placing outstanding in major tournaments, that there are more falco placing higher on an average. if we took sheik and falco and put their placings and averaged them, i think falco would be higher up but very close to sheik. again, i'm assuming this without going into the evidence which can take some time. it's the same reason why i don't believe ic's should be over sheik or falco even tho chu dat has been placing at least top 3 and at times 1st at countless tournaments.
Sheik is harder to use than Falco

pockyD

Smash Legend

how can marth be 1st in this case though? i feel like there are more foxes than marths at the top of local scenes

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Let's break this down:

Fox: Peach and Falcon both get pretty equally *****.
Falco: Peach does considerably better then Falcon.
Sheik: Again, Peach does better than Falcon.
Marth: Falcon does considerably better than Peach.
ICs: Peach absolutely destroys them. Falcon has some trouble.

If we really want to grasp at straws, we could move further down the tier list.

Samus: Both beat her up pretty badly.
Ganon: Falcon does better.

For the record, I believe that Peach also has an advantage against Falcon.

Matchups aside, I don't think anybody could make the argument that Falcons place better in tournaments. A Falcon who does well is generally considered to be an anomaly, whereas Peach is just a good character.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Well I mean if we look just at the northeast which is far and away the best region.

1. Mew2King Marth/Fox
2. Korean DJ Shiek/Fox/Marth
3. ChuDat IC
4. P.C. Chris Fox/Falco/Peach
5. Chillindude829 Fox
6. BUM163 DK
7. Cort Peach
8. KM-013 Marth
9. Husband Marth
10. Wife Peach
11. G-regulate Falcon
12. Cactuar Marth
13. Aho Fox
14. Tope Shiek
15. Kirbstir Marth/Peach

There are no falco mains at all. Pretty much everywhere you go except for florida there jsut arent any top falcos anymore. Dashiz is pretty much it and the two most recent people he played in singles on this list he lost to in cort and kirbstir. If you got through the list of the best players in other regions outside of this there are vastly more fox, shiek, marth, and even a little more peach and cf players than there are falcos. I just dont see how falco could be given anything higher than 4 on the tier list.

Omni

BRoomer
how can marth be 1st in this case though? i feel like there are more foxes than marths at the top of local scenes
Marth's that place well: Mew2King, Ken, KDJ off the top of my head. M2K is obviously the most dominant Marth player. Ken is most likely the most dominant player in his region. Taj used Marth at Pound II (correct me if I'm wrong) and most other tournaments whenever he's unconfident with his Mewtwo. KDJ has always used Marth, maybe even as much as his Sheik, but people call him a "Sheik main" because he beat M2K using Sheik and not Marth. It'd be nice if someone can confirm if KDJ's Marth is on par or better than his Sheik.

Mew2King, PC, and KDJ all use Fox which in there lies the problem. Obviously though, M2K hasn't been using Fox nearly as much as he use to which, imo, takes away from him being a Marth/Fox main. PC is obviously on this list. We can't really tell from KDJ since we haven't seen his Fox in a huge tourney scene in a while. Then there's Chillin, Tink, etc.

Again, it's close (that's why Marth and Fox are at the top). Because Marth is used often unlike Ice Climbers (which mean there are a greater number of Marths), and because Mew2King's placings, I think Marth deserves the #1 tier spot.

Omni

BRoomer
Well I mean if we look just at the northeast which is far and away the best region.

1. Mew2King Marth/Fox
2. Korean DJ Shiek/Fox/Marth
3. ChuDat IC
4. P.C. Chris Fox/Falco/Peach
5. Chillindude829 Fox
6. BUM163 DK
7. Cort Peach
8. KM-013 Marth
9. Husband Marth
10. Wife Peach
11. G-regulate Falcon
12. Cactuar Marth
13. Aho Fox
14. Tope Shiek
15. Kirbstir Marth/Peach

There are no falco mains at all. Pretty much everywhere you go except for florida there jsut arent any top falcos anymore. Dashiz is pretty much it and the two most recent people he played in singles on this list he lost to in cort and kirbstir. If you got through the list of the best players in other regions outside of this there are vastly more fox, shiek, marth, and even a little more peach and cf players than there are falcos. I just dont see how falco could be given anything higher than 4 on the tier list.
Tope hasn't been placing well at all at the big tournaments. KDJ hasn't been seen in the most recent big tournaments. There just aren't enough recognizable Sheik's being seen at these tournaments, but there are definitely more Falco's near the top of the rankings.

*Note* EC doesn't have a lot of Falco's or Sheik's so I think it'd be better to add more regions into consideration.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Why do you post like you know everything about the game and everyone agrees with you fully? The people who know a lot about the game don't come off sounding so arrogant.
someone asked me to explain, i didn't feel like explaining it for the 8th time....

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
SINGLES (250 Participants)
1st Mew2king $2000
2nd PC Chris $1000
3rd Chu Dat $500
4th Drephen $350
5th Vidjo $225
5th Taj $225
7th Darkrain $125
7th Dashizwiz $125 Falco
9. Lambchops Falco
9. Chillindude
9. Luigi Ka-Master
9. Cort
13. SilentWolf
13. CunningKitsune
13. Tink
13. Mikey Lenetia
17. Nite Falco
17. Plairnkk
17. Mathos Falco
17. Chesterr01
17. KeepSpeedN
17. Dope Falco
17. Eggz
17. 4% APR
25. KishPrime
25. Lunaris
25. Col Bol
25. Jiano
25. Forward Falco
25. Doll
25. Vwins
25. BigGman

And

1: PC Chris
2: Mew2King
3: Chu_Dat
4: SephirothKen
5: Drephen
5: The King
7: Vidjogamer
7: SilentWolf
9: PKMVodka
9: Hugs
9: Forward Falco
9: Falcomist
13: Aesis
13: EdreesesPieces
13: Wobbles the Phoenix
13: Cactuar
17: ShadowBTZO
17: Lucky
17: SilentSpectre
17: SK-92
17: Bombsolider Falco
17: Taj
17: Tang
17: LuninSpectra
25: Mango
25: Zelgadis
25: Lunaris
25: Chesterr01
25: xxx-Noobking-xxx
25: DJ Combo
25: Isai
25: The Germ

Don't know if that helps but there ya go.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
woah..what happened to isai...really bad match-up skeem, i'd expect him higher...i guess he got really unlucky with match-ups

anyways

the tier list is based off of tournament potential, characters that can make it through a tournament the easiest

by far, fox has the easiest time, falco gives him the most trouble, followed marth and the marios, now how many marios do we see

but after putting it that way, sheik could be top since only ICs and falco have and advantage on sheik, and how many really good IC players are there, falco is a tough match-up but not unwinnable, then there's fox, which is an even match-up

so fox and sheik at highest skill level, seem to have a very easy time through a tournament

now marth on the other hand has to handle with sheik, there are many sheik players, but still not a horrible match-up, like 6-4 in favor of sheik, he can have trouble with falcon along with falcon but there aren't that many falcon's out there that are really good (definitely not as many sheik's), then there is ganon but not really many good ganon's

so technically, sheik, fox, and marth (no order), will be top 3

from the looks of my post, it should be

sheik
fox
marth

that was just based off what i said alone

now falco has trouble with peach and marth, which, while not unwinnable, are not in falco's favor at all, he has a tough time with them, he cannout make the tournament alone, fox can serve problems and so can the marios, but how many docs and marios are there, and the fox match-up is all down to skill, which will put falco next

now peach, she can handle fox, she is a counter pick to falco, she has a lot of trouble with marth, sheik can serve trouble to her too, along with falcon and ganon, and can deal with samus, and a counterpick to ICs which overall, those being the most popular tournament characters nowadays, she only has the advantage on 2 of them, but she ***** pretty much anyone below her

falcon gets beat up badly by fox, falco, sheik, and ICs, he is considered a marth counterpick, and can take care of peach pretty well, now while being bad against 4 tournament level characters, he handles the rest fine, but 3 of those 4 characters are among the most popular characters used, really hurting him

ICs, remember when they used to be low tier....i remember, anyways, marth, peach, samus, and jiggs are their only bad match-ups, and out of all of those, 2 are very common, one is here once in a while, while jiggs is very rare, and with marth and peach, ICs can handle marth to some decency, peach just ***** them

by the looks of that, based on my post, it should go

ICs
falco
peach
falcon

while many may not agree with it, it shows potential, and due to the fact that ICs are rarely used in tournament, it will most likely look like

falco
peach
ICs
falcon

i'll do the rest later

Omni

BRoomer
SINGLES (250 Participants)
1st Mew2king $2000
2nd PC Chris $1000
3rd Chu Dat $500
4th Drephen $350
5th Vidjo $225
5th Taj $225
7th Darkrain $125
7th Dashizwiz $125 Falco
9. Lambchops Falco
9. Chillindude
9. Luigi Ka-Master
9. Cort
13. SilentWolf
13. CunningKitsune
13. Tink
13. Mikey Lenetia
17. Nite Falco
17. Plairnkk
17. Mathos Falco
17. Chesterr01
17. KeepSpeedN
17. Dope Falco
17. Eggz
17. 4% APR
25. KishPrime
25. Lunaris
25. Col Bol
25. Jiano
25. Forward Falco
25. Doll
25. Vwins
25. BigGman

And

1: PC Chris
2: Mew2King
3: Chu_Dat
4: SephirothKen
5: Drephen
5: The King
7: Vidjogamer
7: SilentWolf
9: PKMVodka
9: Hugs
9: Forward Falco
9: Falcomist
13: Aesis
13: EdreesesPieces
13: Wobbles the Phoenix
13: Cactuar
17: ShadowBTZO
17: Lucky
17: SilentSpectre
17: SK-92
17: Bombsolider Falco
17: Taj
17: Tang
17: LuninSpectra
25: Mango
25: Zelgadis
25: Lunaris
25: Chesterr01
25: xxx-Noobking-xxx
25: DJ Combo
25: Isai
25: The Germ

Don't know if that helps but there ya go.
Not to mention FC Peach's ranked:
Vidjogamer at 5th
Cort at 9th
Mikey Lenetia at 13th
Doll 25th

While FC Falcon's ranked:
Darkrain 7th
Jiano 25th

Clearly those ranking show that Peach is outranking Falcon.
---------------------
The only reputable Sheik's I see on the Top 25 of FC is Drephen and Plarinkk while the only Sheik's I see in the Top 25 of OC3 is ... Drephen, unless I'm missing someone.

Again, Drephen's placing are great, but the lack of Sheik entrants in the Top 25 are small compared to Falco.

I think this would give Falco the 3rd entry spot on the Tier List with Sheik placing 4th. Hell, one could argue Peach being over Sheik in the tier list, but I won't. :laugh:

Omni

BRoomer
woah..what happened to isai...really bad match-up skeem, i'd expect him higher...i guess he got really unlucky with match-ups

anyways

the tier list is based off of tournament potential, characters that can make it through a tournament the easiest

by far, fox has the easiest time, falco gives him the most trouble, followed marth and the marios, now how many marios do we see

but after putting it that way, sheik could be top since only ICs and falco have and advantage on sheik, and how many really good IC players are there, falco is a tough match-up but not unwinnable, then there's fox, which is an even match-up

so fox and sheik at highest skill level, seem to have a very easy time through a tournament

now marth on the other hand has to handle with sheik, there are many sheik players, but still not a horrible match-up, like 6-4 in favor of sheik, he can have trouble with falcon along with falcon but there aren't that many falcon's out there that are really good (definitely not as many sheik's), then there is ganon but not really many good ganon's

so technically, sheik, fox, and marth (no order), will be top 3

from the looks of my post, it should be

sheik
fox
marth

that was just based off what i said alone

now falco has trouble with peach and marth, which, while not unwinnable, are not in falco's favor at all, he has a tough time with them, he cannout make the tournament alone, fox can serve problems and so can the marios, but how many docs and marios are there, and the fox match-up is all down to skill, which will put falco next

now peach, she can handle fox, she is a counter pick to falco, she has a lot of trouble with marth, sheik can serve trouble to her too, along with falcon and ganon, and can deal with samus, and a counterpick to ICs which overall, those being the most popular tournament characters nowadays, she only has the advantage on 2 of them, but she ***** pretty much anyone below her

falcon gets beat up badly by fox, falco, sheik, and ICs, he is considered a marth counterpick, and can take care of peach pretty well, now while being bad against 4 tournament level characters, he handles the rest fine, but 3 of those 4 characters are among the most popular characters used, really hurting him

ICs, remember when they used to be low tier....i remember, anyways, marth, peach, samus, and jiggs are their only bad match-ups, and out of all of those, 2 are very common, one is here once in a while, while jiggs is very rare, and with marth and peach, ICs can handle marth to some decency, peach just ***** them

by the looks of that, based on my post, it should go

ICs
falco
peach
falcon

while many may not agree with it, it shows potential, and due to the fact that ICs are rarely used in tournament, it will most likely look like

falco
peach
ICs
falcon

i'll do the rest later
you don't seem to know what you're talking about
you clearly seem to be forgetting character match-ups DO NOT matter. it's ONLY tournament ranking.

*edit* let me rephrase so you may understand. it's not about tournament potential (whatever that is). it's about tournament rankings, period. who placed 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and what character did they use. a tier list can literally almost be done mathematically with a few obvious exceptions.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
tier list isn't based solely on tournament placement

this one sure as hell wasn't, cause there are more ganons placing than doc's, samus', mario's, jiggs', and IC's combined...pretty much

it based on how easily a character can make it through a tournament, which is why ganon is below the marios at the moment

Omni

BRoomer
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZealot
The tier list is a measure of how characters stack up in tournament play according to the current metagame.

So, no, character potential has nothing to do with the list, at least in the sense that you are trying to predict how a character will evolve to be played a year from now.

The list is just a current representation of how things play out on the tournament scene as a result of the metagame. Falco's game has been evolving over the last year and as a result we have seen Falco shoot up a few notches. Fox's game has undergone that same evolution. Meanwhile very little has been added to Sheik's metagame. Chu Dat started a revolution with Ice Climbers, but it was slow to catch on, which is why the previous list has the Ice Climbers lower than this new list. The new list actually takes into account that other people are playing the Ice Climbers, not just Chu Dat (meep, azn lep, among a few others).

This list is the RESULT of tournament play. Keep that in mind. Many people seem to be saying that this list will influence people, while it is really the opposite way around, the list is influenced by the competitive community. On the noncompetitve newby level the tier list may seem to be counter to logic or just a popularity contest, but it really isn't. Certain characters are played more frequently than other characters because they have more going for them.

-------

Shut up.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's not based on potential, and is based on current metagame

DID I EVER STATE ANYTHING BASED ON POTENTIAL
no i didn't, i based it on current metagame

it's based on how easily a character can make it through a tournament

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yes....

but a tier list can't be based off tournament results