• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Peach > Jiggs (I would give a small advantage to Peach there)

The reason why I felt that Jiggs deserved a boost is because of her offense. I feel that Jiggs is kinda like Falcon, where she has more chances to win an uneven matchup because of her superior offense. She gimps well and can do Rest combos.

I'd say the only higher tiered char that reduces Jiggs' offensive ability would be Peach, but even so, Peach can't do a lot Jiggs either. That makes very long matches.

EDIT: DK's slight push is because of Bum, he improved that char's meta. He is too good for low tier, but he still isn't that great, so last spot in middle Tier is perfect for him IMO.

Link is at least middle tier material, but his meta has kinda slowed down. Stays in low, but still a great char (better than DK).

Also, Ness and G&W deserved the bump they got. They are better than bottom tier material.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
just cause bum is amazing with DK does not give enough reason to move him up, DK gets ***** almost by everyone above him, same with link

yes, ness and g&w should be low tier, they have the advantage on a lot of low tier characters and can hold up to fox and falco a lot better than other low tier characters can

it's really hard to set up gimp KOs with jiggs on a really experienced player, king found out a way, not enough reason to move her up

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Hmm... so according to you it gives sumtin like this:

Top Tier:
Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth

High Tier:
Peach
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus

Middle Tier:
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Dr Mario
Mario
Luigi

Low Tier:
DK
Link
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu
Ness
Mr. Game and Watch

Bottom Tier:
Yoshi
Zelda
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

looks good enough for me

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no, more like

top:
fox
falco
sheik
marth

upper:
peach
ICs
falcon

high:
samus
ganon

mid:
doc
mario
jiggs

low:
link
luigi
DK
y. link
roy

lower:
pika
g&w
ness
zelda
yoshi

bottom:
bowser
mewtwo
pichu
kirby

mood4food77

Smash Hero
fox does better in almost all match-ups than falco does

fox is better on marth, peach, ICs, samus, the marios, and jiggs
falco is better against fox, falco, sheik

fox is also better against almost all low tier characters than falco (i think pika, mewtwo, bowser, and g&w falco do better on)

also fox has the advantage on peach while falco doesn't

Bailey

Smash Hero
Ok but one thing can anyone play a perfect Fox?? No, no human can react fast enough to have a perfect Fox a Falco on the other hand Falco is the character winning the tournaments. Besides Mew2King and KDJ what Fox wins tournaments?

phish-it

Smash Champion
Ok but one thing can anyone play a perfect Fox?? No, no human can react fast enough to have a perfect Fox a Falco on the other hand Falco is the character winning the tournaments. Besides Mew2King and KDJ what Fox wins tournaments?
I hate this type of argument. Besides M2K, KDJ, PC, Azen, Chu and Ken what people win tournaments?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i used to think falco was better than fox, then i saw how fox was better, falco just has a slight advantage on fox, a very slight advantage, peach has an advantage on falco, fox has an advantage on peach

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
look fools, the botytom motha fuddin line is, peach is probably technically the best charactyer in teh game, you'll all bunch of nonsensical idiots, dont know nofun about the game dont know shirt, i gotta an A on my exam cause i put peach for every answer, so just step off, no one can beat me, period, peach will take yuuo all to china town, with food, so as i have said befo, peach is the best technically and in reality, marth sucks, fox can suck a gay, falco is his lover, i've taken downmany opeiokpokepeople who think they are good at smash, im proly teh best there is, peach cancel yhou know it, i know it all, so blow me , i'll just **** on you

Tristan_win

Not dead.
...You know I think everyone has seen Taj Mewtwo at one point or another and Chu Pichu but yet I've never seen a good Kirby player.
I've been to the Kirby forum and all the matches that involves Kirby winning has the enemy making a major fatal error or the pure rare character still was no were even.
So why isn't Kirby at the very bottom if every other character can perform better in advance level of play?

Samochan

Smash Master
...You know I think everyone has seen Taj Mewtwo at one point or another and Chu Pichu but yet I've never seen a good Kirby player.
I've been to the Kirby forum and all the matches that involves Kirby winning has the enemy making a major fatal error or the pure rare character still was no were even.
So why isn't Kirby at the very bottom if every other character can perform better in advance level of play?
Because the tier list has yet to be updated. >_>

Kyle Broflovski

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that no one outside of Texas has heard of Krazy Kirby Kid........... his Kirby has beaten many pros, and he plays with the best at UT Austin. He just doesn't have something on Smashboards like an account or combo vid to make him well known elsewhere.

Samochan

Smash Master
It's a shame that no one outside of Texas has heard of Krazy Kirby Kid........... his Kirby has beaten many pros, and he plays with the best at UT Austin. He just doesn't have something on Smashboards like an account or combo vid to make him well known elsewhere.
>_>;

I'm from Europe and I know KKK pretty well. <_<; And didn't he quit kirby and move to fox anyway (or so he has told me)?

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I'm from Cali and I know of KKK. There's also King Kirby 90 from Germany, but you can't really say how good they are if they haven't played the same people.

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
- Mewtwo higher (between Ness + Bowser)
- G&W higher (below Pika in Low Tier)
- Yoshi lower (I don't see why he's so good. Above Kirby)
- Young Link higher (above DK)
Screw that Yoshi destroys anyone in the bottem tier thats why he is there if anything he should be higher on the tier list

Yoshi RULES

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Why are their so many fanboy on this thread...

Question: Why is Sheik so high up when i haven't seen a decent sheik in forever

pdk

Smash Lord
because somewhere, a good and well-known sheik still exists, somewhere in...

MVPaintballer

the lil d that could
Cjack plays shiek =p. Anyway i read some pages back and they were talking about a character guide with stars on how easy it was to play the character? Where can i find this D=<

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
@Tristan: phen is right on the money, but let me clarify. you just named 5 out of 23 characters (i'm not including fox, falco, and sheik). virtually everyone doesn't mean every single character; i'd say 18/23 is virtually everyone ~ 78%. I agree w/your list except for Mario, so I'd say Sheik has an advantage over 19/23 remaining characters. Also, of the characters you mentioned, only the IC's have an advantage against Sheik. The rest just don't get owned as hard as most other characters.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Shiek only does bad Vs ICs..

She barely loses to Space animals.

And Shiek destroys Mario and Samus.

She has 3 Match ups not in her favor.

Plus, shes the only character that beats Marth.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Everyone knows how shiek plays though so a lot of the times i've seen lower tiers do better against a shiek just for the wtf factor :)

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers shouldn't be that high just because Chu is so good with them. Otherwise Yoshi and Roy would be Middle Tier also.
Yeah, but Chu isn't the only good IC player out there. There's tons of new IC players on the rise.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Just because Sheik can combo Fox and Falco doesn't make her even w/them. They are fast fallers, and thus easy to combo. Even most people on the Sheik boards say that she is at a small disadvantage against the spacies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom