• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

sin_the_warrior

Smash Rookie
not in favortism, but i think jiggs should be up 1to 2 more spots.she has a nice cult following and the people that play her are (usually)fairly good at the least(no run out and repeated down b spam) just my oppinion.....

mood4food77

Smash Hero
what good reason does she have to move up, she'll probably go down, she's even with peach and has an advantage on mario, every other high tiered match-up she has is in her opponents favor

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
You want The Last Tier War to stay current to the tier list, eh? If you ask me, it's unlikely there will be another tier list until at least the summer. The last tier list came out July 2006; the one before it March 2005, and the one before that in April 2004.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
There is no new tier list disscusion.

The only major changes that need to be made are: Shiek and Marth going up to Top with Fox and Falco, Gannon going under ICs, and Kirby dropping to the very bottom(or just being removed from the list completely)

Kirbyfighter

Smash Rookie
thats true arrowhead pichu is weak u just dont know how to play as him so dont say anything.... Kirby owns u should see some kingkirby 90 movies on youtube then id like do see wat u think about kirby suckin

Samochan

Smash Master
I wonder if DK will rise on the list now that Bum has been ****** people with his DK. Maybe time will show if some more DK pwnage will ensue. I personally want to see low tier dominating on tournaments and then rise on the tier list. :3

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah bum is a monster... 2nd at gauntlet!? omgosh, i've also played some nasty DK in my time.. this guy Mexican at NCT2 he was real nice w/ DK, and one of my crew members can use him really well, hes a scary character played by the right player, cape destroyed my falco w/ DK too, i'd like to see him moved up, I also think Taj's m2 should make him move up, and yeah i'm down for kirby at bottom he is truly terrible...

Eci4

Smash Ace
thats true arrowhead pichu is weak u just dont know how to play as him so dont say anything.... Kirby owns u should see some kingkirby 90 movies on youtube then id like do see wat u think about kirby suckin

What I hate about this argument is that it could be used for anyone... it has no validity

X Character is good, you just don't know how to use him...

does that mean everyone is top tier? No... because of inherent abilities that make characters better...

What makes a character good?

Priority of attacks
Chainthrows
Speed
Range (sword/projectile/ect...)
Knockback (Shine, tippers)
Lagtime
Recovery...

There is other stuff too... actually making a good list would be nice... but then after that, you look at match ups...

Basically what Im getting at is kirby sucks, but yes a good kirby will be an awful fox

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
Yes as long as people dont argue ridiculous things like m2 being higher than marth, the tier list shouldnt be this big of a debate

Link-NY

Smash Ace
DK wont move up the tier list. One person alone cant move a character up the tier list. Bum's DK is amazing yeah,,, but he doesn't go to many tournies =(

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Those guys all found out things with thier character when the metagame for that character was underdeveloped. At this stage in the game, we have discovered alot of things and I would say we have hit the limit of the metagames for the cast.

We may discover a few more tricks, but nothing as ground breaking, as the way Ken played Marth when he first arrived on the scene or the way Chu showed us what the IC's can really do.

phish-it

Smash Champion
I think Kirby Fighter was referring to
this.

Just because you wreck someone bad doesn't necessarily mean you're good; or should I say kirby's good.

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
DK wont move up the tier list. One person alone cant move a character up the tier list. Bum's DK is amazing yeah,,, but he doesn't go to many tournies =(
are you serious? some idiot says this all the time, Chu by himself moved the ice climbers! Why do things always circle back around on smashboards? Yes if one person is amazing they can completely change a communites perception of that character.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
are you serious? some idiot says this all the time, Chu by himself moved the ice climbers! Why do things always circle back around on smashboards? Yes if one person is amazing they can completely change a communites perception of that character.
Ummm.lol. that was back then when the metagame wasen't completly developed. Now it takes more then 1 person to move a character up the list.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Top Cat did you even read my last post? Link-NY just restated what I said basically. lol

Eci4

Smash Ace
Quit the kirby bash already, I've seen enough of that for a lifetime. Let's discuss about more recent happenings like Bum's amazing DK. >_>

Does Bum have any videos up? I was looking for them on youtube... I really want to see what he does with DK...

I think in this case, it may move DK up for the sole reason that lower in the tier list, it can be possible for one person to move a character up (but then again, Mewtwo isnt really moving up on account of Taj)

Samochan

Smash Master
I could still see some of the lower tiers moving up simply because their metagame is not yet as developed as the higher tiers have. Taj for example has showed us his amazing Mewtwo, Chu has been showcasing his Pichu and Bum even came second on Gauntlet using DK only. It's been quite unheard of that low tier wins any money on big tournaments and there were many big names there, like PC, KDJ, Zang, Wes... plus lots of other known smashers. So imo, Bum's DK is what stands out the most of these three developments. There hasn't been any competition of who has the best DK (Captain Jack) until now that Bum has showed up and if these two players would succesfully play DK on big tournaments and do great (or perhaps just Bum doing great on every tourney he enters, dunno how much CJ uses DK on tourneys), perhaps it would inspire more people on playing DK on a higher level and a rise on a tier list would then be more than justified, even though I don't see that happening with the big gap on the updates. You don't look at the whole metagame itself as a reason to not have him rise on the list when certain character's metagame is still undeveloped. Just how many have played DK on big tourneys and won money? >_>

And Eci4, Bum has some 2 months old vids on tube, search for ssbm+Bum and you'll find them. The first one me thinks has 74% damage combo on fox, that was amazing to watch. I could also easily see him improving a lot during those 2 months. ^^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Kirby is probably the best in N64. Either him or Pikachu.

HAL decided to make him the worst in Melee then after.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Ummm. In games it's good to nerf those that were top tier. Just don't nerf them too badly.

Actually, when making a game you want everyone to be balanced. So in that regard low tiered characters would be considered a success in terms of development and the top tiers would be seen as the failures. But we are gamers, not developers.

BTW I do think all top tiers from melee will most likely be nerfed if they return in Brawl. We already know Fox is there. Fox lovers better hope he wasn't ***** with the nerf stick.

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
I don't believe in a tier list.

If you're good with that character, you're good with that character.

The japanese players pick their favorite characters and get good with them, why can't other people do the same.

I've seen plenty of "low tier" characters utterly **** "High Tier" ones.

honestly, I think the tier list itself is an excuse.

but, just my opinion.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i can't see them completely nerfing fox, marth, or sheik, it's really hard to, even giving them lag, they can still l'cancel and be pretty good

falco, just remove shl and peach get rid of her dsmash and float cancelling

kirby lost his dash attack and gained knockback in his juggling moves and lost it in his killing moves

pika, lost priority and his ability to infinite his b

ness, no more godly spike (they gave that to falco) and his juggling options are horrid

for all three, they really decreased their grabbign reach

i want them good again

but yea, kirby needs to go down while ganon moves up, i think those are probably the only changes we're gonna see

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
If they want to nerf Marth just make him like Roy. And nerfing is actually pretty easy.

Increase knockback on moves to limit comboability.

Decrease knockback on kill moves to decrease killing power.

Give more lag to aerials that are abused.

Reduce grab range. Mess around with the properties of the more broken moves i.e the shine, needle cancelling, etc. Or you could just get rid of them altogether.

See? Easy. And these alot more then that. Those are just the key points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom