• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
4 stars or something like that, it was really bad what they gave characters, peach, ganon and falcon i think got low, while almost all the low tiers got all 4 stars

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
4 stars or something like that, it was really bad what they gave characters, peach, ganon and falcon i think got low, while almost all the low tiers got all 4 stars
See, those may be right, for the less experience players. The tier list is only for characters used at maximum potential. Not EVERYBODY uses characters at their maximum potential.

If the tier list was based on level 9 computers, it would be completely different.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
no, peach and ganon are probably the easiest characters to use under sheik, and they got low ratings, ICs are incredibly hard to use but they got 4 stars, fox got 3, i don't think anyone but pichu and bowser got 2 or lower stars (both of them got 2)

06Falcon

Smash Journeyman
Chicago Illinois. but I like mexico better :P
no, peach and ganon are probably the easiest characters to use under sheik, and they got low ratings, ICs are incredibly hard to use but they got 4 stars, fox got 3, i don't think anyone but pichu and bowser got 2 or lower stars (both of them got 2)
then i dont know >_< all i know is that kirby should have gotten 3 at the most by their standards

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've read the guide, it's probably the worst guide for a game ever

so let's get back on topic

ganon moved up a couple of spots would be nice

Zink

Smash Champion
He is being used increasingly as a space animal counter... And I think he's underestimated by many because he's of the slower/stronger type.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he's slow, and he doesn't deal a lot of damage, and his good moves have way too much knockback to make juggles, he's overrated by a lot

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Gannon moves slow. His attacks come out extremely fast for a character that slow.

He can do most of his moves 2 times by double jumping after doing a short hopped ariel.

He's definitely not bottom of mid tier.

He doesn't do bad at all vs Spacies.

Goes about even with Marth

Gets butt ****ed from Shiek.

And is even or better than Peach.

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
sorry for butting in....

but i wanted to agree with the fact that falcon does very good against gannon..... and gannon doesn't do bad against space animals unless the space animals are running all over laser spamming..... i mean what else is gannon going to have to do but play more aggressive leading into more mistakes.... but i could be wrong i was just wondering if any of what i said was correct..... doodah what about u what do u say?

p.s. the only cool thing about kirby besides his taunt is that when he eats falco he gets short hopped double lasers which are cool.... kinda slow tho.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
LOL what maroon said that?

and ganon on his bad match-ups are becoming closer and closer, some people consider ganon on falcon an even match-up, sheik used to be a hard counter, now it's becoming a soft one, fox and falco are now only considered soft counters, so ganon is getting better and better each day, didn't tipman almost win an mlg going straight ganon?
:urg: Isai beat Tipman pretty bad when they played at Orlando. However, Tipman did beat chillindude's fox AND marth at Orlando.

Also, I'd honestly say Ganon/Peach is even but it's actually quite easy to edgeguard Peach (uair/bair, etc)

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yea every level peach lives longer so does gannon.... one of the main things in that match up is gannon edge guards peach pretty easy like sighrax said and also even tho gannons recovery is just as predictable and falcon it still isnt as easy for her to edge guard him as it is for him to edge guard her.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Wow I had no idea that the Ganon/Peach matchup was so even. I never get to play any good Ganons. Minnesota is Falcoland, with Fox and Marth taking the other main spots. Doc is surprisingly popular too...

After getting ***** by SuperDoodleMan's Peach, I decided to step up my Peach game. But if I ever have to play a Ganon, I'll be careful :)

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Ganon is one of the most misplaced characters on the list. He is at least 3-4 spaces to low. I consider him at about the same level as Doc. As far as him on Peach goes, she is also the easiest character to hit with downB spike if she uses the parasol unwisely. He also does better than just about any non high tier character against the high tiers. He has the advantage over Peach, does about even on Fox/Falco, and is better than most characters against Marth. The only one that really gives him trouble is Sheik.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i hate when people say that, falco does not **** ganon, it's a pain in the butt but it's not ****, i've beaten falco's, even with the SHL, ganon can get around it, he has a useable roll, it reallly helps in the match-up

i swear ganon has an advantage on peach, i use him as a peach counterpick, he wants peach to use her dsmash, he's like asking for it, and when she does she'll get hit, and hit, and hit again for each time she uses it basically, i consider ganon one of peach's top 3 worst match-ups

ganon i want to say has the advantage on marth, but that stupid fair from marth really keeps the match even, marth has like no throw combo's on ganon, ganon can do a 60% juggle on marth from a dthrow, and it can't be escaped since you can't CC from the air

ganon is probably the only character who can constantly edgegaurd samus without ever leaving the stage, the only one

you can say ganon is like the spacies, he gets juggled a lot but he will juggle the opponent better (well in this case, much more painful)

i only consider sheik a counter, not a hard one, ganon can do a lot of gay things to sheik also, just sheik has a much easier time doing it

other than that, ganon has the upperhand on everyone, he goes even with falcon, the only match-up where ganon's prefferred spike is the down b

the low tiers gotta change, it's all screwy down there

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've fought falcon's and never thought that this was ****, i always took it for being even

mood4food77

Smash Hero
that's all my falcon does, hehe

maybe, i haven't fought many falcon's, since there really aren't that many here who use them, maybe i'll fight one during my next tournament, i hope to beat my best place in it...last

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
How does the Ganon vs Samus matchup generally go?
I've heard people say both Ganon counters Samus and that he is countered by Samus. >_<

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Dope, Mew2king, Tink, and PC say that CFalcon ***** Ganon.

SH Uair, ftw? It always hits Ganon lol

Kirbyfighter

Smash Rookie
kirby isnt the weakest man. Have u ever seen Pichu??? He sucks a lot! he should be at the bottom not kirby. And kirby can at least combo. Pichu hurts himself with pretty much every attack he does and hes weak as hell.

SandWraith

Smash Cadet
Pichu has two of the strongest smash attacks and can be played rather well without using self-damaging moves. Although she dies easily, she's small and hard to hit.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
kirby isnt the weakest man. Have u ever seen Pichu??? He sucks a lot! he should be at the bottom not kirby. And kirby can at least combo. Pichu hurts himself with pretty much every attack he does and hes weak as hell.
Um... I believe Kirby is just above Pichu. So what are you talking about? Also, Pichu can combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom