• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Once again another PAL smasher intervenes with flames. Please stop flaming me. You're ruining the thread, like so many PALers b4 you.

It's amazing that someone will always try and justify why Kirby isn't the worst in the game.
I never said a word about Kirby. Stop making stuff up.

I'm just sick and tired of you flaming people without proper arguments. Oh, "please stop flaming me."? Yeah, right after you, buddy. And sorry, but you just happened to ruin this thread way before me. Around when you first posted.

Yeah. It's amazing how you don't have the 3 braincells it needs to prepare proper arguments. Don't you think? And whee, your post count went up again.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about Kirby's placement. I know Kirby sucks, I don't care where he is. I am just sick of you and your attitude.

Who wouldn't..

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I never said a word about Kirby. Stop making stuff up.

I'm just sick and tired of you flaming people without proper arguments. Oh, "please stop flaming me."? Yeah, right after you, buddy. And sorry, but you just happened to ruin this thread way before me. Around when you first posted.

Yeah. It's amazing how you don't have the 3 braincells it needs to prepare proper arguments. Don't you think? And whee, your post count went up again.

Anyway, I couldn't care less about Kirby's placement. I know Kirby sucks, I don't care where he is. I am just sick of you and your attitude.

Who wouldn't..
Wahhhhhhh are you gonna cry?

Here we go with the whole "you're stupid" BS.

Wahhhh.

No, but seriously, are you gonna cry?

Ijuka

Smash Ace
Wahhhhhhh are you gonna cry?

Here we go with the whole "you're stupid" BS.

Wahhhh.

No, but seriously, are you gonna cry?
Oh, seriously? So you're serious about one thing.. and it's wether or not I cry? =P Awww ^_^ That's so sweet of you, but no need to worry, I am not ^__^ Not everybody cries for stuff like that, there are people different from you as well..(Thank god about that, by the way) Have an extremely unfun day, I'll go sleep =)

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
I came in here to post about the topic at hand. You came in here to flame me. I tried to email you so you would STFU and leave me alone, but you still bring the flames here.

Ironic about post count and flames and IQ coming from you.

LOL.

Shiek should be higher.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
I started another flamefest, yay!

If the tier list would rank in order who has the best scores in the matchup chart, like SF3's tier list, Sheik would be number one, Falco number two.

It's a more commonly known fact that Sheik is the best in the game, so I'll make another statement instead that should bring heat to this topic.

Ganondorf should be higher.

Flame on! erm... I mean discuss

Ijuka

Smash Ace
No need. tech-chase still works, Marth, Fox, Falco, Peach cant be chaingrabbed anyway, and Sheik ***** the other chars even without it., Still insane disjointed hitboxes, everything leads to everything, which in turn leads into fair. Sheik can combo effectively and effortlessly, great shield, dodge, everything. Sheik is just too good in all ways.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Aw, the flame fest is already over -_-

Anyways, yeah, Sheik=best, Kirby=worst

edit: 4114th post, funny number >.>

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
I personally think that G&W and Ness should be above Zelda, at least, and Pichu should be above Kirby and Bowser.

While I don't think Kirby is the worst, I'm not going to try an argue, because I've got no debate skill, and I'd look bias because I'm a Kirby main.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Your name is an oxymoron, FairSheik. Sheik is too good to be considered 'fair.' She's the reason I hate maining Falcon. X_x
Nice avatar. ^_^

Yes I think Ganon deserves a better spot on the tier list. His fair all by itself would be above Doc if there were any justice.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Your name is an oxymoron, FairSheik. Sheik is too good to be considered 'fair.' She's the reason I hate maining Falcon. X_x
Nice avatar. ^_^

Yes I think Ganon deserves a better spot on the tier list. His fair all by itself would be above Doc if there were any justice.
Maybe Fair is actually Forward Air, F-air?

Sheik, and Ganon need to be higher, maybe Mario a little lower. I can't remember off the top of my head who's higher between Lui / Link, but Luigi needs to be higher than Link if he isn't already. G&W above Zelda, Pichu above Kirby.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
no way G&W above Zelda, maybe you havent played a good Zelda, but she is actually a pretty good counter to peach, and her f-airs, and b-airs are killer. A couple of those you your a gonner. Just like falcons knee.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
Fox, Falco, Marth, Peach, Sheik, Captain Falcon. Those are the "good characters". Not my personal opinion, just the common view. Pretty much every character is countered by Sheik. If your too big she combos all over you. If your too light she gets early kills, if you rely on projectiles, she has a better one. If it weren't for Sheik the tier list would look very different.

no way G&W above Zelda, maybe you havent played a good Zelda, but she is actually a pretty good counter to peach, and her f-airs, and b-airs are killer. A couple of those you your a gonner. Just like falcons knee.

I have played as Zelda and Game and Watch and G&W seems better to me. I realize that Zelda has some strong points, but G&W has an incredible dtilt, good wavedash, nice edgeguarding, chainthrows, good KO moves, etc. He is an offensive titan who is only ranked so low because of his absolutely pathetic defense. If G&W had a better sheild and was a little heavier he would probably be in mid-tier. Regardless though, I think he should be above Zelda, and Yoshi too really.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
LOL @ Falcon.

Fox, Falco, Marth, Peach and ICs.
I wouldn't even put ICs in there, yeah they can take the fight to Fox, Falco and Sheik. But the ICs have their share of flaws just like Falcon, and tougher matchups against chars like Peach and Samus. However, that doesn't stop talented players like Chu and Darkrain to make their mains look very good.

5 good chars in this game: Sheik, Fox, Falco, Marth, Peach - that's why they occupy the top 2 tiers, simple as that.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
nah doodah i meant to ask like

which 5 characters doesn't sheik destroy...cause you say because of sheik there is only 5 good characters...

i know icy, fox, falco have a decent to good chance on sheik
but the other two...

I know mario and doc do better on sheik than marth but i could be wrong and so does falcon.

mario, doc, falcon do better on sheik than marth and than peach.. so shouldn't they be one of the top 5 good characters since sheik doesn't destory them?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I think Link just has to come out of Low Tier. He has the Hylian Kick (Germ omg), bombs/boomerang (Aniki ftw), great aerials game, and finally his UpB. Luigi at most I'd say bottom of Mid Tier. Not many people play him, his tourney rankings aren't that great, and he just doesn't match up with other characters. Not saying a good Luigi can't win, I play Luigi so yeah, but he just hasn't been improved too much lately.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
get link and luigi out of low tier so people stop complaining in low tier tournaments. you can simply bump them up to the next level.....but keep the same order. i think it would fix a lot.
I agree. However, if that happened Middle Tier would be HUGE. I think that another tier should be added to split Middle Tier. (Upper? Can't think of a better name.) Bottom Tier's also pretty big.

I think Ness and G&W should move up at least one tier, but since I can't come up with a decent argument, I'll leave that statement alone >_>

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
nah doodah i meant to ask like

which 5 characters doesn't sheik destroy...cause you say because of sheik there is only 5 good characters...

i know icy, fox, falco have a decent to good chance on sheik
but the other two...

I know mario and doc do better on sheik than marth but i could be wrong and so does falcon.

mario, doc, falcon do better on sheik than marth and than peach.. so shouldn't they be one of the top 5 good characters since sheik doesn't destory them?
When I said "because of Shiek there are only 5 good characters" I was including her.

So you have

Shiek
Marth
Falco
Fox
Peach

Shiek ***** Falcon, and the Mario's get ***** by Shiek too.

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
The Marios don't do well against Sheik. Its true that once they get going they can combo her pretty well, but the problem is getting the initial hit in. Sheik has longer range, is faster, and has a better projectile. Also Mario has a crap grab range. Combining these two facts means that Sheik is almost ungrabbable by Mario. If you do manage to get ahold of her though, you can do some nice things.

Oh, also I agree on the 5 good characters thing. I only added Falcon to my list earlier because they said there where 5 other than Sheik and I couldn't think of a sixth character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom