• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 2006-2008 Tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Sheik truely is amazing if used perfectly. She's like a smaller, much faster Marth who actually has projectiles and jabs.
Any character is amazing if used perfectly. Anyhow, kidding aside, that really explains why Sheik is higher than Marth. For those reasons, I feel Marth will always be a slot or two behind Sheik. However... it doesn't explain why Sheik is "the best character in the game".

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Any character is amazing if used perfectly. Anyhow, kidding aside, that really explains why Sheik is higher than Marth. For those reasons, I feel Marth will always be a slot or two behind Sheik. However... it doesn't explain why Sheik is "the best character in the game".
Dude, seriously, are you ********. That's Mew2King. Do you know what game we're talking about?

I think Kirby should just be removed off the tier list =\
OMG, so true.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Dude, seriously, are you ********. That's Mew2King. Do you know what game we're talking about?
I don't care who he is (although I do know of him). It is beside the point... if you read what I posted, I agreed with him.

I don't treat anyone differently. I respect how much Mew2King has discovered about this game, but I'm not going to call him a god because of two sentences he typed in 30 seconds.

Eci4

Smash Ace
OMG I ROFLLED ALL OVER MY NEW PANTS...

seriously, the tier list should just be the top half... that way, people don't complain about how their sucky character should be higher than someone elses sucky character, and we still have a low tier pool, its just no one knows which is best, so they actually have to learn a character based on their preference if they want to be all that in low tier tournies...

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
and then i dont know much about the teir lists
Then why are you posting?

and why is peach a high teir? tons of people i know hate her
Why, I think you're on to something! Let's put all the characters everyone hates (who obviously aren't hated for a reason, like, I dunno, them being good) all at the VERY BOTTOM of the tier list. Yeah. That'll show them.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Well, what reasons do you have for thinking kirby, link, or luigi should be higher? Because w/o a reason, is anyone actually going to pay attention to your opinions? The answer to that is no.

The fact that you said that you "dont know much about the teir lists" basically makes your post entirely uncredible, worse than that of what it would've been, seeing a complete random post something w/o reason to it.

Oh, look at that... I got post #1337. Now, if I only I didn't despise leet and the people who use it I would probably find that cool. =/

Hm... I also see you gave me bad rep for that other post. Do you honestly think I care?

Sully1113

Smash Cadet
Well, what reasons do you have for thinking kirby, link, or luigi should be higher? Because w/o a reason, is anyone actually going to pay attention to your opinions? The answer to that is no.

The fact that you said that you "dont know much about the teir lists" basically makes your post entirely uncredible, worse than that of what it would've been, seeing a complete random post something w/o reason to it.

Oh, look at that... I got post #1337. Now, if I only I didn't despise leet and the people who use it I would probably find that cool. =/

Hm... I also see you gave me bad rep for that other post. Do you honestly think I care?
ok just shut the **** up okay? im noobish ill admit ,but plenty of other people have said who they think should be higher. why dont you go attack them as well huh?

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Is there a Team tier list or does this go for both Singles and Doubles? I mean some characters like Falco i don't believe are as good in teams and would be lowered. If there is a team list could someone provide a link?

Eci4

Smash Ace
there isn't a team tier list... that would be huge... you couldnt just say X works good in teams... it would have to be like team X Y is this high team X Z is this high, so it would be a huge project...

tappy

Smash Ace
why is link low tier? i thought he would be middle or high because of all his projectiles, his sword................he seems like he would at least be middle tier just because of all the things he can do:ohwell:

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Yea, I was going to say that some characters just shine. A lot of the time it is the ones that don't dies as easy since Team battles can be chaotic. Also Jigglypuff can be great with her good Rest comboes and people tapping her to cancel her lag.

Elemennopee

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere cool..... Somewhere in a cave....A speci
cb said:
HAHA I love this guy ! -points at sully-

What? So now you've stooped so low as to encouraging and supporting noobs who cuss blindly and make blank improper grammar ridden posts? And sully, we can't attack them because they didn't tell us what they think yet. Unless they say it's their own opinion and say politely that they don't want to be flamed.

Edit: Ok i'll do that. Although putting zeros in noob isn't needed.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I don't think Marth is best in teams. I think Shiek is better. Marth can't really break up fights like the other top 5 can. And he can't jump into the fray either. He's more like an assassin during teams. Getting easy tippers and such while his partner is distracing the oppossing team.

But what do I know.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
cb marth shouldn't even be talking. He hasn't even proven himself to be a knowledgeable player yet; aka he's seen as a noob. At least Sully admits it.

Sully1113

Smash Cadet
okay I should have been nicer when it came to saying who I thought should be in the list higher. I know that the list isntt based just on opnions. I'm new and I had no idea what I was doing.

p.s. Im good at English but not goood at typing so I do make mistakes on the keyboard... we all do it so plaese stop with your comments about my horriblr typing:chuckle:

cb_marth

Smash Ace
cb marth shouldn't even be talking. He hasn't even proven himself to be a knowledgeable player yet; aka he's seen as a noob. At least Sully admits it.
Why prove it to someone like you. I mean I haven't seen you play either. At lest I make sense when I post and I don't controdict myself as much as yourself. Also why would I care that one loser thinks im a n00b? I am not to worried about your worthless opinion to be honest. Also what are you stalking me now?

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Team tier list? It would be hard to do cause the thing about team battles is that characters usually take diffent roles, some may act as assassins, others as support, others can camp and control a specific area of the level. I do not have much exp in teams, but from my observations I would say top tier is Shiek, Peach, Fox and Marth in no real order. Shiek/Peach are the best support chars while Fox/Marth are the best assassins. Ganon also works great as an assasin.

Best team in my region (eastern canada) main a Fox/Shiek team. Best team in the states main Marth/Shiek, so I guess that must means sumtin.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Why prove it to someone like you. I mean I haven't seen you play either. At lest I make sense when I post and I don't controdict myself as much as yourself. Also why would I care that one loser thinks im a n00b? I am not to worried about your worthless opinion to be honest. Also what are you stalking me now?
NJ'z posts always make sense unlike you. You may not have seen him play or ever hear about him but atleast he plays aginst EXPERIENCED players... which is something you lack in. and he never asked you to prove anything to him. Read his post clearly plz.

cb_marth

Smash Ace
NJ'z posts always make sense unlike you. You may not have seen him play or ever hear about him but atleast he plays aginst EXPERIENCED players... which is something you lack in. and he never asked you to prove anything to him. Read his post clearly plz.
Hmm you like to assume don't you? I mean maybe I do maybe I don't but who are you to assume that?

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
Well, I think that a Team Tier List should be heavily considered. Perhaps someone could mention it to the Smash Back Room. I mean team tournaments are getting a lot more popular.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
cb marth said:
No where in his post contridicted himself, and tell me how YOU make sense, eh?

Since all you is that he contridicts himself, you're not really supporting your side of the arguement. And he's not stalking you, you just post in the threads he looks in.

Also, look at his other posts as well.

NJ'zFinest said:
^ Peach can only CG Fox on one stage, and on that one stage, Fox can just camp/spam the hell out of Peach >_>
Make's sense. No self contridiction.

NJ'zFinest said:
Yes, Falco has a beastly Dair and lasers. His Fsmash is stronger than Fox's...but...so what? Fox's upsmash is stronger and it's easier to land because of how fast it is.

It's slight. I mean, Fox has pretty good grab combos, good ways to gimp (to do a quick and unexpecting KO) Falco, deals with lasers better than most other characters (full jump Nair, ftw), blah blah. Also, you have to consider the fact that Fox does better on some stages and Falco does better on some stages.
No self contridiction here either. Make's sense too.

NJ'zFinest said:
No, Peach does not. Read the previous posts.

Fox>Peach.
No self contridiction yet. Make's perfect sense as well.

NJ'zFinest said:
....Neo admits that Roy is a horrible character. Neo got where he is now because he's simply talented and he uses Marth too. Notice how no one else can do well with Roy except him??? People can say the same about Azen's Link, Luigi, and Pikachu or Chu Dat's Pichu....
These players are simply amazing regardless of what character they use.

He sucks. I stand behind Neo and the other experienced Roy players who openly admit it.
Makes sense. Unflawed logic too.

NJ'zFinest said:
you bumped this worthless thread just for that? lol...wow
This makes tons of sense too. No self contridiction found here.

NJ'zFinest said:
Wow, you KO easier with Roy??? He has one of the worst KOing strats in the game

Hmm, well, forward smash spamming with Roy is pretty **** effective against lvl 9 computers.
He's right. You ain't gonna find self contridiction here.

cb marth said:
Well I am glad you admire me. You can join the list funny thing is though I read your post and sure you just say the same stuff all the time honestly nothing different but not nearly as much as i do actually (fixed by me). Yet I love how you throw "Candian smash player" Hmm wonder why American's have such bad rep.Oh thats right its ignorent/predjuice people like you that make it that way. Shame there are so many really nice American's too. Shame that few losers like you kill it eh?
LOLOLOL YOU CONTRIDICTED YOURSELF SEE EVERYONE ELSE CAN DO IT TOO HAHAHAH!!!

NJ'zFinest said:
1.) You're pretty bad at making coherent sentences (I can't really understand what you're trying to say).
2.) American has a better rep than....Canada. ESPECIALLY out-side of smash and please keep in mind that....Canada receives enough hate in the smash community alone. Your country sucks in general, gg
3.) Yes, America is known from being ignorant, but...it's funny how we were simply talking about a video game.

Yeah, I'm a loser because I disagree with you on a video game and I stated that the country you're from isn't good at that video game (keep in mind that the best Canadian smashers ACCEPT that and it's widely accepted in general). That must be very offensive, I'm sorry...
gg
Whoa, he really screwed you there, and still no self contridiction.

NJ'zFinest said:
"Quote spamming" makes replying to certain parts of posts much easier, much more direct and effective....all intelligent posters I know do it. I'm the smashboards veteran here. You are the first to actually complain about it...

Don't act like you understand. This wasn't a simple disagreement, he thought I was being to negative about Link, so I just defend myself. Also...IT WAS A MONTH AGO, why did you bring this up? Hit0 doesn't care and I obviously don't always do it. Regardless, you, Deva, are getting pretty annoying...the other Link forum goers agree.
Making plenty of sense and no self contridiction.

cb_marth said:
NJ: If you did not make any sense of that post then you must not be thinking hard enough. Either that or you arn't thinking at all. It was a pretty basic statment I think...I don't know? Maybe I may have to dumb down my statments.
You idiot you didn't prove anything at all. You are just being an ***.

NJ'zFinest said:
It was ******** and you're example didn't help your side of the argument (which was a weak argument to start with). You should of actually read my post except only the last line....
Think before you post, we've been through this already.
Oh you got jacked *****. His post made more sense than yours.

I could go on, but i don't feel like going through like 1000 pages.

cb said:
Well I would have honestly read your post if I knew it would be worth reading but usually you never do have anything worth reading.
You are saying the same crap over and over. You should shut up.

cb marth said:
Hmm you like to assume don't you? I mean maybe I do maybe I don't but who are you to assume that?

He's played in major tournaments such as Smashtality 1 and 2, which were hosted in NJ. That should be enough proof for you. He even helped sponsor it.

There is no reason that you shouldn't prove that you are knowledgable. You think you are so much smarter than him? Prove it then, coward. Don't give me those stupid "i don't need to prove anything to you" crap. Come on, show me what you can prove.

I'm really sick of your ****. Quit ruining this thread with your random slander.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
lol, wow. He has a life, I mean, he isn't the one who constantly argues over a video game forum, thinking he knows what he's talking about. At least he doesnt think that he has something worth defendingl....when he really doesn't. He AS WELL AS OTHERS are just tried of your crap....

gg cb marth. If you reply again, you obviously "don't have a life".

cb_marth

Smash Ace
When do I always argue.. I do believe you came in here and started it. I haven't defended anything either. Do you mean stating opinions? Thats a much different thing maybe you should focus more on reading the dictionary and less on trying to prove points. Eh?

Also yeah I am pretty sure he doesn't have a life if he went to all that trouble to search for posts and add in his worthless opinion. The funny thing is I bet your best friends if not brothers seeing how your both from Jersey which I must add you really make look bad. So maybe if you handle your own arguments and problems by yourself for a change and not get your buddys to help back you up then maybe you would learn. Try it sometime. Also I think you controdicted yourself again funny eh. I believe you said don't post to me again. Did you not? Hmm and yet you came in here and posted to me. Well I guess I was right you do controdict yourself way to much buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom