• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

HelloImAxel

Smash Rookie
Shrek would def be interesting and fun
Would you rather have Melee Jiggly-puff or Melee Mario

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Melee Mario

WYR have no projectiles or every character getting some kind of projectile?

Last edited:

JackD2204

Smash Rookie
Every character getting some kind of projectile

WYR have more clones, or no change in cast size at all?

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
No change.

WYR have the game never be balanced or never be updated (besides balances)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Uhh, stage clear I guess

Would you rather

Character specific break the targets AND board the platform

Or

Character specific boss fights, most with their appropriate boss theme

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Bubsy, atleast we get some other newcomers then.

Would you rather have Lucario or Greninja cut

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Bye Lucario

WYR have no Pokemon or too many Pokemon by about 5 or so
Too many Pokemon. While it would bug me a tad, I also like Pokemon enough that I wouldn't be upset.

WYR have half the roster be unlockable or have no unlockables outside of trophies?

Last edited:

JackD2204

Smash Rookie
Half the roster be unlockable,

Would you rather have all cut veterans return and no newcomers, or some newcomers but no returning veterans?

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Some newcomers. N̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶b̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

WYR have :metaknight:or :foxmelee: return , assuming there's Sm4sh physics with the exception of the two.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Some newcomers. N̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶b̶b̶l̶i̶n̶g̶.̶

WYR have :metaknight:or :foxmelee: return , assuming there's Sm4sh physics with the exception of the two.
I'd rather have :foxmelee:, nothing can compare to horror known as :metaknight:. Except for Smash 4 doubles Cloud lol.

Would you rather have Elma from Xenoblade and Elmo get in, or Goku from Yūyūki and Goku from Dragon Ball get in?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'd rather have :foxmelee:, nothing can compare to horror known as :metaknight:. Except for Smash 4 doubles Cloud lol.

Would you rather have Elma from Xenoblade and Elmo get in, or Goku from Yūyūki and Goku from Dragon Ball get in?
Elma and Elmo. I’m doing it for a muppet. And I’ll be honest, I would have taken any muppet over Elmo.

Would you rather have two Advance Wars characters or Mallo (Pushmo) and Dillon (Rolling Western)?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Mallo and Dillon

Would you rather have your most requested character as DLC or another character from the same series in the base roster?

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Requested as DLC. I am not afraid to pay money for what I really want, as long as it is reasonable price like it has been

WYR have no online play or only online play?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
No online play, I don't even play Wi-Fi as it is now.

Would you rather get :035: or :094: as a newcomer?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Clefairy.

Would you rather have each stage have 1 song on the level of quality of music from Ocean Software SNES games, or a ton of existing music and no remixes?

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Clefairy.

Would you rather have each stage have 1 song on the level of quality of music from Ocean Software SNES games, or a ton of existing music and no remixes?

Those SNES songs don't sound that great to me, so definitely the latter option. Even if those songs were great, though, I feel like having one per stage would make them feel old quickly. I like to switch it up, so Smash 4 and Brawl made a good change in having a music list for each stage.

Would you rather they bring back the menu style of Smash 4, or Smash 64?

Last edited:

LunarOctopus

Smash Rookie
Smash 4

Would you rather Shadow or Knuckles be added, Knuckles being a bit slower and harder hitting and Shadow having more speed but less attack power?

LunarOctopus

Smash Rookie
Master Chief, I assume he'd just play like Snake

Would you rather PAC-LAND or the side scrolling Mario stage return to Smash for Switch?

Last edited:

LunarOctopus

Smash Rookie
Bowser Jr.

Would you rather have Excitebiker or Urban Champion
Excitebiker, although I probably wouldn't use him much seeing as I'm not a fan of characters who play the way I assume he would, and Urban champion punches. We have C. Falcon and Mac so I don't think we need another.

Would you rather Dr. Mario get replaced by another Marth clone, or Lucina get replaced with another Mario clone?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Excitebiker, although I probably wouldn't use him much seeing as I'm not a fan of characters who play the way I assume he would, and Urban champion punches. We have C. Falcon and Mac so I don't think we need another.

Would you rather Dr. Mario get replaced by another Marth clone, or Lucina get replaced with another Mario clone?
Lucina replaced by another Mario clone.

Would you rather get Cool Spot and the Domino’s Pizza Noid as assist trophies or E.T. As a playable character?

LunarOctopus

Smash Rookie
E.T. as a playable character all the way man, been pushing for him to be added since Melee!

Would you rather they remove All-Star or Classic?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
E.T. as a playable character all the way man, been pushing for him to be added since Melee!

Would you rather they remove All-Star or Classic?
All-Star. Honestly, considering we're going to have 70+ characters, All-Star seems to be impossible to do.

WYR have a Marvel character or a DC character?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Marvel! one gloomy movie after another has kinda killed my interest in DC, but Marvel continues to deliver. (don't ask me to pick a specific character though, i've got like half a dozen favorites and i couldn't possibly narrow it down)

Would You Rather get your first choice for new character and your second choice for a stage, or your first stage and your second character?

Last edited:

JackD2204

Smash Rookie
Konami. Both are horrible, but EA would make each DLC character 50 dollars.

WYR have waddle dee, or Ridley be in smash 5?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
ridley! let me ask a harder question - would you rather get $700 and a date with Scarlett Johansen, or one (1) ham sandwich?

ok ok ok a smash bros one, lemme see... Would You Rather a custom color editor to make your own recolor, or an alternate model (like overalls Wario vs WarioWare Wario) for each character?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Donkey Kong’s cartoon voice.

Would you rather have Peach’s Castle from Melee or Fountain of Dreams from Melee return?

Top Bottom