• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Thatboyjojo

Smash Rookie
Hat Kid.

Would you rather have your most wanted newcomer come in as an assist trophy, or as a boss character?
Assist trophy
Would you rather have all clones/semi clones given new movesets , or have them all cut for newcomers ( no clones new moveset )

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Assist trophy
Would you rather have all clones/semi clones given new movesets , or have them all cut for newcomers ( no clones new moveset )
New movesets.

Would you rather have a stage based off of Odyssey's Bowser Castle, or Breath of the Wild's Corrupted Hyrule Castle?

UFEEZ

Smash Rookie
cut for newcomers
would you rather capt falcon gets the brawl treatment, or returns to his exact melee state?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
cut for newcomers
would you rather capt falcon gets the brawl treatment, or returns to his exact melee state?
Brawl.

Since it was skipped over, I'll re-ask my question:

Would you rather have a stage based off of Odyssey's Bowser Castle, or Breath of the Wild's Corrupted Hyrule Castle?

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
BoTW castle. Kinda like Temple right now

WYR have every character get a new moveset or new characters with the same moves as the ones that were replaced?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
BoTW castle. Kinda like Temple right now

WYR have every character get a new moveset or new characters with the same moves as the ones that were replaced?
Oof...

Same moves, honestly.
I'd be interested in going all out and choosing new movesets, but that just feels like overkill.

Would you rather have Hanenbow and Great Bay return, or Rumble Falls and Melee Mute City?

UFEEZ

Smash Rookie
rumble falls/melee mute

WYR have new character from rabids, or remove a space character

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Poke ball summon

Would you rather have items be mandatory or 75 m as the only legal stage

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
WYR have no Third Parties, or 10 third parties?

Last edited:

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Lucas cut, ten third-parties.

WYR have your most wanted character in as a clone, or your fifth most wanted character in as a unique character?
My most wanted character as a clone. I actually don't dislike clones that much, so...

WYR have Skull Kid or Ghirahim as a playable character?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
My most wanted character as a clone. I actually don't dislike clones that much, so...

WYR have Skull Kid or Ghirahim as a playable character?
Ghirahim because he's fabulous, I suppose.

WYR Have:
More characters than you expect, but none of your most wanted.
Fewer characters than you expect, but all inclusions were ones you wanted.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ghirahim because he's fabulous, I suppose.

WYR Have:
More characters than you expect, but none of your most wanted.
Fewer characters than you expect, but all inclusions were ones you wanted.
Seems no brainer: the second option! Having Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, Champion Zelda, Pauline, and Frisk is a dream that comes true.
WYR have a Miitopia Mii playable online, but with just one moveset, or Smash 4's Mii Fighters?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Miitopia Mii without a second thought. Mii Fighters were a fun concept for about 20 minutes, but after that I never really used them again. A Miitopia Mii as its own character would be a lot more fun.

Would you rather have your most wanted character enter the game, but with no stages for them, or your newcomer doesn't come in, but two stages from their game and another character from it get in?

UFEEZ

Smash Rookie
Miitopia Mii without a second thought. Mii Fighters were a fun concept for about 20 minutes, but after that I never really used them again. A Miitopia Mii as its own character would be a lot more fun.

Would you rather have your most wanted character enter the game, but with no stages for them, or your newcomer doesn't come in, but two stages from their game and another character from it get in?
character you want

would you rather snake returns w/same move set but he gets reasonably nerfed, or snake returns as a good character, but is completely different than he was in brawl?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I'd be really excited to see a fully reworked Snake. There is so much other stuff he could do and it sounds fun.

Would you rather have six new indie characters including the one you want the most
OR
WYR have every existing or previous franchise guaranteed to return but only three newcomers?

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Would you rather have six new indie characters including the one you want the most
OR
WYR have every existing or previous franchise guaranteed to return but only three newcomers?
Six new indie characters.

Would you rather have a second Bandai Namco character or a third Sega character that isn’t from Sonic the Hedgehog?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Definitely would be fun to see Ivy from Soul Calibur. That whip sword would make a cool moveset.

WYR have transformations return and be instant, or have them stay out, but also lose the unimportant versions of the characters (Shiek, ZSS, Squirt, Ivy)

Mafew

Smash Rookie
Second option

WYR cut Female Robin or Male Corrin

Last edited:

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Bye Bye Robin. I just hate Robin slightly more. Ike and Marfffff however are awesome.

WYR have the same characters but a reversed tier list (Puff S tier, Bayo bottom tier) or A half sized roster of meh characters that were ok but you didn't really want them over anyone else

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Uh, Mighty I suppose. Armadillos are cool and Shadow probably should be his own thing anyways.

Kind of a real question:
Would you rather have this game unironically replace Melee as the best competitive title and they end the series (no more games ever)...

...or have this one be pretty damn good, and five years later they release Melee HD with no new content for it.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
I said what I meant.

I would go back in time and hide Sonic in Melee for shooting all the credits:
The playground liars would be shocked, the magazine that lied about it would be shocked, everyone else would freak out, and it would start them on the path of robust rosters much earlier in the franchise's lifetime.

Shrek or Kung Fu Panda. Whichever one you choose gets four bonus reps and a stage.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Shrek, mostly because Shrek's swamp would earnestly be a great stage completely unlike any Smash stage so far (at least visually)

would you rather have a hazard-filled fast-scrolling SegaSonic the Hedgehog stage, or a redesigned Pac-Maze that's 1-1 with the original arcade game?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Shrek, mostly because Shrek's swamp would earnestly be a great stage completely unlike any Smash stage so far (at least visually)

would you rather have a hazard-filled fast-scrolling SegaSonic the Hedgehog stage, or a redesigned Pac-Maze that's 1-1 with the original arcade game?
Redesigned Pac Maze.

Would you rather get Knuckles or Tails as a playable character?

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
Knuckles all the way

would you rather have ganon decloned or lucina,dark pit and dr mario decloned?

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Lucina, Dark Pit. and Dr. Mario decloned

Would you rather have your dream newcomer, but you hate how they play, or a character you hate, but you love how they play?

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Bye Bye MEga Man.

WYR have every character get a counter or dying automatically at 250 percent

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Bye Bye MEga Man.

WYR have every character get a counter or dying automatically at 250 percent
Dying automatically at 250%. Very rarely do people actually reach that high of a percentage, so that's fine. A counter would affect every moveset!

Would you rather they bring back Coin battle, or the HP-based Stamina battle?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Diskun would be pretty cool.

Would you rather they bring back Bayonetta, or they remove her and put in the ballot's second-place character?

Sprite

Smash Cadet
2nd place so that SHREK can get in lol

Would you rather have game and watch or ROB cut

Iconicdev

Smash Rookie
Stay a platform fighter, 3/4 can go so long as the remaining few are nintendo staples

Dovahkiin or the protaginist from dark souls as a newcomer?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Dovahkiin would be AWESOME!

WYR have a vanilla game with loads of veterans, and then a lot of DLC newcomers, or the vanilla version to have newcomers, which makes most veterans DLC?

Top Bottom