• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Dovahkiin would be AWESOME!

WYR have a vanilla game with loads of veterans, and then a lot of DLC newcomers, or the vanilla version to have newcomers, which makes most veterans DLC?
The second option.

WYR have a Boss mode, where you play as the bosses, or a story mode?

Iconicdev

Smash Rookie
All unlocked

Would you rather have a season pass available on release but only have dlc support for 1 year or no season pass and support for 5 years

Last edited:

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Crash
Wyr have dixie Kong and midna or waluigi and bomberman?
I'd rather have Dixie Kong and Midna, since I don't want Waluigi in the game. Though I'd rather have Bomberman than any of them.

Would you rather have Shovel Knight or Shantae?

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Would you rather have Krystal, as a unique playable newcomer with the Staff attacks from Star Fox Adventures, or a decloned Wolf, with his own unique moveset based around weaponry from Star Fox Assault

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I'd rather have Dixie Kong and Midna, since I don't want Waluigi in the game. Though I'd rather have Bomberman than any of them.

Would you rather have Shovel Knight or Shantae?
Shovel Knight, he's one of my most wanted characters. right behind Waluigi you heretic

Would you rather have Krystal, as a unique playable newcomer with the Staff attacks from Star Fox Adventures, or a decloned Wolf, with his own unique moveset based around weaponry from Star Fox Assault
You didnt answer the previous poster's question so to keep things running smoothly I'll just answer both I guess?
Anyways I would definitely take decloned Wolf.

Would you rather have only stages from Smash 3DS return, or have only stages from Smash Wii U return?

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Smash Wii U, since it's got more stages than 3DS and more from the previous games.

Would you rather get Isabelle or Tom Nook for a new Animal Crossing character?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Isabelle, she's basically the face of the franchise at this point.

Would you rather have Ganondorf as a slow Zelda clone or a slow Link clone?

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Slow Zelda clone. We already have a Link clone. But ideally I'd rather he stay a Captain Falcon clone lol

Would you rather have Vault Boy from Fallout make it in or Gordon Freeman from Half Life? (unconventional characters. you don't have to actually want either of them in but which one would you rather if you had to?)

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

I love Bethesda games. But I’d prefer Dovahkiin for Smash.

WYR have a spearman or a greataxe user from Fire Emblem as a newcomer?

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
\Tru Dovahkiin with shouts would be sick, plus he's actually on a ninty console

I'd rather have a spear user. We already have a heavy FE character in Ike (not greataxe but y'know) but a lightning fast, far reaching hit box, low damage dealing spear user would be very original.

Would you rather have Snake back or a new third party rep?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
New third party

WYR have Ms.Pac-Man as a Pac-Man clone alongside him or Replace Pac-Man with another Namco rap?
I guess I’ll take Ms. Pac Man. Especially because that doesn’t preclude further Namco reps, just keeps Pac Man from getting cut.

Would you rather Smash 5 get similar competitive scene and notoriety to the melee crowd ... or become a drinking game phenomenon and be as widely played as say beer pong?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I guess I’ll take Ms. Pac Man. Especially because that doesn’t preclude further Namco reps, just keeps Pac Man from getting cut.

Would you rather Smash 5 get similar competitive scene and notoriety to the melee crowd ... or become a drinking game phenomenon and be as widely played as say beer pong?
I really love watching competitive Melee, so I’ll go with that. Mixing the awesome speed of Melee with the variety of Smash 4 would be an ideal scenario, imo.

Would you rather they added fifty new items, or a hundred new trophies?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I really love watching competitive Melee, so I’ll go with that. Mixing the awesome speed of Melee with the variety of Smash 4 would be an ideal scenario, imo.

Would you rather they added fifty new items, or a hundred new trophies?
Probably a hundred trophies.

I play items off so often.

Multiple game modes, no Stage creation, and Dlc Skins and costumes
What were you responding to?

Anyway would you rather get playable primid or playable Hammer Bros?

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Playable Hammer Bros. I like Smash's original creations but I like that they're kind of a secondary thing. Given the context of Smash being a kid playing with toys, I always thought of Master Hand and the Subspace stuff as their imaginary enemies. Good for storylines kids make up where all their toys are on a team, but they'd hardly incorporate them into a battle between legends like Mario and Link.

Would you rather a new story mode have Smash Run-esque enemies lifted from the games the Smash characters are from, or use original designs like Subspace Emisarry?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Would you rather a new story mode have Smash Run-esque enemies lifted from the games the Smash characters are from, or use original designs like Subspace Emisarry?
Enemies from the characters' origin games! It would be really cool if they did a Subspace Emissary-type mode, but then it involved you travelling in areas from each series represented in the game, fighting the enemies from that series. Maybe you'd start as Mario and Luigi in the Mushroom Kingdom, save them from something, and then make your way to Hyrule to do something there, having characters join you in each world. Maybe some enemy is trying to do something to all of the worlds or something, so you need to travel to them all and save every series' world! Could be a fun way to do a sequel to SSE.

Would you rather have Mii Fighters or custom moves return?

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Enemies from the characters' origin games! It would be really cool if they did a Subspace Emissary-type mode, but then it involved you travelling in areas from each series represented in the game, fighting the enemies from that series. Maybe you'd start as Mario and Luigi in the Mushroom Kingdom, save them from something, and then make your way to Hyrule to do something there, having characters join you in each world. Maybe some enemy is trying to do something to all of the worlds or something, so you need to travel to them all and save every series' world! Could be a fun way to do a sequel to SSE.

Would you rather have Mii Fighters or custom moves return?
Mii Fighters.

Would you rather get your most wanted character, but not get any other characters you want, or get every character you want except your most wanted character?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Ooh tough one for me. Since I want Crash, but I want other characters to get in, I'd go with the latter

Would you rather see Adventure mode return but all unlockable characters to be fought there to become playable or would you rather have an entire new mode where it would take a year to unlock all the unlockable characters?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Ooh tough one for me. Since I want Crash, but I want other characters to get in, I'd go with the latter

Would you rather see Adventure mode return but all unlockable characters have to be fought there to become playable or would you rather have an entire new mode where it would take a year to unlock all the unlockable characters?
The first one.

Would you rather be able to add any 10 characters of your choice to Smash, but everybody knows that you're responsible for them being added, and that you had had the authority to add anyone you wanted, or add 1 character, and remain completely anonymous?

Last edited:

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
10, definitely. 7 I'd sell to fans who would pay to see Ridley in, and 3 for me to choose.

WYR have No ledge snaps or no grabs?

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
No ledge snaps. Grabs are too important.

would you rather have transformations return or ledge hogging return?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Transformations. I loved that mechanic, and the Trainer was one of my favorite characters. I miss playing Squirtle...

Would be nice to get them fixed Melee style though (transformation is instant with no lag time)

WYR have Smash Run return or Melee’s adventure mode?

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
5 cuts. THey'd better just cut clones and Wii Fit.

WYR have an equal recover for everyone or no recovery but 3 jumps?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Three jumps I guess.

WYR remove the "Rage" mechanic or remove the "Stale Moves" mechanic?
Rage, I guess.

Would you rather have your favorite character in Smash, but have their unlock conditions be incredibly, absurdly, horrifically difficult, or have 10 other, random characters in Smash, with normal unlock conditions?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
Rage, I guess.

Would you rather have your favorite character in Smash, but have their unlock conditions be incredibly, absurdly, horrifically difficult, or have 10 other, random characters in Smash, with normal unlock conditions?
the first one. Krystal's unlock criteria could be "go out and actually train in staff fighting for six months in real life" and i'd be down for it.

Would You Rather be given the opportunity to guarantee one current character a permanent spot on the roster for all future Smash games; or guarantee a new character of your choice, but they only stay on the roster for one game?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
the first one. Krystal's unlock criteria could be "go out and actually train in staff fighting for six months in real life" and i'd be down for it.

Would You Rather be given the opportunity to guarantee one current character a permanent spot on the roster for all future Smash games; or guarantee a new character of your choice, but they only stay on the roster for one game?
The first one. As for who I'd confirm, I dunno, I'd have to think about that.

Would you rather have a stage based of Breath of the Wild's Divine Beasts, or a stage based off of Super Mario Odyssey's New Donk City?

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Divine Beasts

Would you rather a Mario Odyssey stage or a proper Bowser's Castle stage

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Veterans come back.

WYR have the game give you headaches from the blue light every time, or bad arthritis from the unchangeable horrible controls?

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
As a guy who's used wii motes back in brawl, i'd say I'm fine with horrid controls.

WYR have a decloned Young Link that replaces Ganondorf or a decloned Lucina that replaces Ike?

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Oof I love both Ike and Ganondorf, but I need Zelda to be represented with not clones of other Zeldas.

WYR have no footstools or no locks?

Top Bottom