• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

HelloImAxel

Smash Rookie
Drei words Buff the Puff
WYR watch the original 12 fight to the death and the last one alive be in smash with the rest of the roster or watch the Melee newcomers fight to death and the last one alive would be in smash with the rest of the roster

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
The latter

Would you rather have Nihilego or Naganadel as a playable Ultra Beast?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hanenbow, beause scrolling stages suck.

Would you rather have Ganondorf with Magic or Ganondorf with Swords?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Dang that's a good one. My gut's telling me no more swordsmen but you just know they'd do a good job of sword Ganondorf. I think if he kept his Dair, his warlock kick, and his punch, I'd be down with Swordondorf. If even one of those was taken away I'd go magic Ganondorf.

Would you rather have a Double Dragon rep or a Battletoads rep and who?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Battletoads, Rash.

Would you rather have custom moves return where the moves are actually separate character moves and not just Smash brothers move variants (so everyone like Palutena).

Or

Custom moves return and you can no longer get the same move when collecting them, so it’s not just a grind fest.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
:4duckhunt:
Great choice for a character, and I don’t like 3rd parties.

WYR have a Melee style adventure mode or SmashRun in HD?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dr.Mario. At least he's a 2 time veteran. Also rather a Mario clone than a Pac Man clone.

5 new full clone additions who are well thought out or 1 newcomer with a total unique new moveset, but a character you care little for?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I’ll take the one newcomer. I don’t really have an issue with clones, but there’s no need to bloat the roster with 5 new ones. At the very least I wouldn’t have to listen to people complain about “muh clones” for the next three years.

Would you rather have three well-known indie newcomers, or one “big name” 3rd party newcomer?

Last edited:

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
Three well known indies. I want Shantae and Shovel Knight.

WRY modernize everyone's voices or continue using the current voice clips?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Hm... I'm assuming "cartoon graphics" means hand-drawn? I'd prefer sprite graphics.

Would you rather they make more dynamic costumes that reference the characters' original games this time (like the Commander outfit for Lucas, the Pajama outfit for Ness, the Outset Island clothes for Toon Link, and etc.), or would you rather they add costumes that are the models from Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl (and maybe Smash 4, depending on how different the art style is)?

Last edited:

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Full roster at launch with DLC.

Would you rather they bring back Poké Floats or Fourside?

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
New one?

WYR have this be decent and confirmed not the final smash, or this be great and the final smash confirmed forever

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
Would you rather have a newcomer you don't recognize from a game you have played, or from a game you haven't played?

Sprite

Smash Cadet
Newcomer from a game I haven't played

Would u rather have Ice Climbers or 8-player smash?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
New one?

WYR have this be decent and confirmed not the final smash, or this be great and the final smash confirmed forever
I’m really not sure what you’re asking

Would you rather have a newcomer you don't recognize from a game you have played, or from a game you haven't played?
I’ll take the newcomer I don’t recognize from a game I have played. It’ll probably still be pretty linked to that game.

Ninja’d. I guess I’ll take ice climbers because a buddy main’d them and therefore I’d get more use out of them than 8 player Smash.

Would you rather have Tingle or Nabbit as a stage boss?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
All customs unlocked from the start.

Would you rather have Cranky Kong or Funky Kong?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Cranky, easily! We need an old fighter other than old man Ganondorf.

Would you rather have the characters have specific alternate quests to unlock them like in Melee or have them be pretty much all unlockable in an afternoon like 4 was?

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I would rather have the characters to have specific alternate quests to unlock them like in Melee.

WYR have all Brawl newcomers cut or all Smash 4 newcomers cut?

FamicomDisk

Smash Journeyman
Brawl added Diddy Kong, Ike, King Dedede, Lucario, Lucas, Meta Knight, Olimar, Pit, Pokémon Trainer (and by extension, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard), R.O.B., Snake, Sonic, Toon Link, Wario, Wolf, and Zero Suit Samus.

Smash 4 added Bayonetta, Bowser Jr., Cloud, Corrin, Dark Pit, Duck Hunt, Greninja, Lucina, Little Mac, Mega Man, Mii Fighters, Pac-Man, Palutena, Robin, Rosalina, Ryu, Shulk, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer.

As much as it hurts to lose Lucas, Smash 4 simply has better newcomers in my opinion, so I'd prefer for Brawl's to be cut.

Similar question... would you rather have all of the original 12 cut, or all of Melee's newcomers be cut?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
All of Melee's newcomers, easy.

Would you rather have a single player mode closer to Melee or 64?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Melee

Would you rather each character (including alt characters like Alph and the Koopalings) get a Fighting Polygon Team alt BUT only one player can be a polygon, or the same with Wire Frames?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Basically he’s asking if you’d rather an alt from melee (fighting wire frame team) or an alt from 64 (fighting polygon team) for every character. As the polygon and wire frame characters were just skins essentially.

And I’ll take polygon team alts, actually.

Would you rather have Kraid (super Metroid) or Dragon Stalfos (Link’s Crossbow training) as a stage boss?

Last edited:

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Dragon Stalfoes

Let's try this again: Would you rather have smash 5 be a decent game, but not the last game in the series, or it be great and the last smash

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
No marketing. Smash is well known, and word of mouth will do it after release. Plus, we already have the invitational and the direct

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Ten years of delay on Smash Switch or they release it on time and the series is cancelled forever. (Actually forever, with no revivals.)

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
On time release.

WYR have Diddy Kong be a Fast DK (Think Toon Link) or no Diddy

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
On time release.

WYR have Diddy Kong be a Fast DK (Think Toon Link) or no Diddy
Fast DK.

Would you rather have a new Fire Emblem character or have Lucina Luigified as a character?

Top Bottom