• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hard choice, but I'd have to go with fake, just because while I am excited for Chorus Kids and Banjo, I'll be honest and say Excitebiker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mach Rider.

WYR have Stage Builder with custom graphics (so, if you wanted to add a picture of Shrek, you could use a hypothetical Switch browser to find one), or an alt costume customiser? (so if you want Mario to look like flying Mario you could change his colours to look as such). neither would be available online, and the Swtich browser is added either way.

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
The Royal Giant and Elite Barbarians are 2 cards from Clash Royale that are widely hated by the community and are often referred to as "cancer cards"

I'm on team real with this leak. It pleases all audiences and makes me want the game more and more. (BANJO!)

Alt costume customizer. I can now play as Thanos.

WYR have fortnite or roblox representation?

Last edited:

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
My god this one's tough... I like both characters a lot too. Revali is really cool but reminds me too much of Falco. Mipha is different enough and represents the Zora race, while using water abilities, an underrepresented element in the Smash roster. All we have is Greninja and Corrin I think..? (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm picking Mipha!

WYR Have Alola Island Tour or Ultra Space as a new Pokémon stage?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
My god this one's tough... I like both characters a lot too. Revali is really cool but reminds me too much of Falco. Mipha is different enough and represents the Zora race, while using water abilities, an underrepresented element in the Smash roster. All we have is Greninja and Corrin I think..? AND Squirtle now (Correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm picking Mipha!

WYR Have Alola Island Tour or Ultra Space as a new Pokémon stage?
Ultra Space

WYR have Wolf or Mewtwo get a unique victory theme?

ABalloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
pizzzzzzzaaaaaaa
-Better For Glory
-No Rage Mechanics
-No Staling Mechanics
-More Third Party Characters
-A certain Bandicoot
-Less FE Reps (I'd like it to go Mario has the most Reps, then Pokémon, then Zelda, THEN FE, then Kirby and Metroid etc)
-More faster (Melee side kicking in)
-3 to 4 stocks in competitive
-More offensive rather than usual defensive play in SSB4
-Combos....Percent....DAMAGE!
-1 Broken character. Aw cmon, we need one insanely fun but broken character in the game (Pls make Crash top 2)
-Less Echos. Sakurai is starting to get crazy with Echos
-More Crazy fighters. I support torns of impossible-characters-who-have-no-potential-to-get in the game. It's what makes the game fun.
- ~80 fighter cap. Lets not reach 100 Sakurai...
-Add Subspace Emissary 2 (SPIRIT MODE HYPE)
-DLC characters should be somewhat "good" if you understand what I mean
-No meme characters. I'm the only Waluigi opposer out here. Thank God the meme is dead. Now lets deconfirm TCK next please. (Please Grinch..Don't do this)
-More third party assist trophies
-No Anime **** at all. Take that weebery to JumpForce (Which I'm Buying)
-PC port
-Isaac as $1000 DLC to trigger the GS fans

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Dragon Quest

WYR have Mr. Stevenson from Gumshoe, Excitebiker from Excitebike or Muddy Mole from Mole Mania replace Mach Rider?
Mr. Stevenson for sure. The world needs more ballin' detectives.

WYR the Phoenix Wright series or the Professor Layton series have representation in Smash?

Note to self, never joke about Isaac.
It's one of those hit or miss jokes, some would laugh and others would not lol.

More importantly though, you're missing the point of the thread! This is a "would you rather" game thread. Basically in this thread, you're supposed to answer and ask a "Would You Rather" (or "WYR" for short) question afterwards. Soon after, generally someone else will answer your WYR question and then they will ask their own WYR question, and the thread goes on infinitely until it reaches the stars.

EX:

Someone posts "WYR have Godzilla or Megatron in Smash as a playable character?"

At which point someone else will answer either "Godzilla" or "Megatron," and then they will ask a new WYR question.

I think your earlier post is probably better for the Smash Ultimate forum.

Last edited:

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Never

Would you rather have Smash be made into a Street Fighter-style game, Mortal Kombat-style game, Killer Instinct-style game, or Dead or Alive-style game?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Adventure Mode imo is more fun than Classic (Even though I find Classic fun, I'd still be willing to sacrifice it)

WYR have Wigglytuff or Raichu as a playable character?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'd be fine with Raichu as an echo of Pikachu to be honest. Unpopular opinion. Do I actually want Raichu? No, not at all. Better than Wigglytuff though.

Would you rather see Dry Bowser as an 9th alt costume of Bowser, or Octoling (Agent 8) as a 9th alt costume for Inkling? We know that there are sometimes 9 alt costumes, for Ridley has 8 alt costumes, and a 9th alt costume for Meta Ridley.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
DLC for sure. Glad you picked Dry Bowser though, I'm really hoping he makes it in. Would you rather only get the characters announced in the Grinch leak and nothing else, or only 7 characters that were NOT part of the Grinch leak (5 newcomers and 2 echoes)? If you want the second option, who would they be?

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I don't see a question above me so

WYR have Poochy or Skull Kid as the next DLC character?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I would rather see Skull Kid, but he got axed as a new character because he is now an assist trophy.

7: Impa, Quote, Waluigi, Rex, Kohga
Shadow (Sonic) Dark Link (Link)
OH YEAH!! Glad to see another Quote supporter Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule ! I had been nominating him nonstop over on the Rate Their Chances thread for over a month, but after this final Direct, we are wiping the nominations list, so Quote was being erased from the nominations with just under 100 nominations. What do you say we both nominate him together to get his chances rated as DLC (sorry if this sounds like an advertisement)

Oh yeah, a new question.

Would you rather get 5 new DLC fighters that are all current assist trophies, and get their assist trophy taken away and replaced by another character from their series?

OR

Would you rather get 5 new DLC fighters that are neither assist trophies nor currently known Spirits?

For either option, name your 5 characters.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Replacing Assist Trophies: Bomberman, Krystal, Isaac, Lyn, and Shadow become playable, and are replaced with Max, Leon, Matthew, Serra, and Silver, respectively, as Assist Trophies.

Would you rather have Tabuu team up with Galeem or Galeem upstaged by Hades (Kid Icarus) and Zero (Kirby) as a secret superboss in World of Light?

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I'd personally like to see Tabuu team up with Galeem; I love Hades and think he would be a great fighter to include as the Kid Icarus villain, but I feel like him and Zero don't exactly fit the bill as bosses in the new adventure mode. They seem too underwhelming compared to giants like Galleom and Gallem. They don't seem like they would be good bosses is all I'm saying, based off of what we have seen so far. Are they controlled by Galeem? Are they destroying the whole population except for Kirby out of personal gain? That doesn't fit Hades character model, neither Zero's. Tabuu might. If Hades and Zero are possessed by Galeem, then they really aren't bosses and are rather minions. I compare Hades to Ganondorf, and and I can't see Ganondorf as a full-scaled boss character. Calamity Ganon is a maybe, but that wasn't the question. Calamity Ganon, Galleom, and Rathalos are monsters. Hades is just a villain. A main villain, but a villain. So I pick Tabuu.

WYR have 5 1st party DLC, or 5 3rd party DLC. For each option, say who.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
5 1st party. Waluigi, Jill, Muddy Mole, Excitebiker and Tingle

WYR have Bubsy appear as a Spirit, or Oinker P. Hammm (another character from the Bubsy series) appear as a boss in World of Light?

Last edited:
Top Bottom