• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Dry Bowser, have his attacks hit somewhat harder but make him a fair bit lighter. Also give him elements of Bowser from the previous Smash games, and a different Final Smash, of course. Could be him roaring, causing lava to raise from the bottom of the stage, harming opponents, maybe instantly knocking out anyone at 100% or higher.

EDIT: Forgot the question. Hmm... in the next game, would you rather Lyn replacing Robin, Corrin, Chrom, Lucina and Roy or would you prefer to see Deoxys replace Lucario, Trainer (but Ivysaur stays, with a good recovery and a down special, maybe Synthesis could work), Greninja, Pichu and Mewtwo?

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Unown.

Here's a good one. The next game has all the same represented game series, but none of the same playable characters, meaning even Mario is absent. Imagine a roster of Kamek, Topi (Ice Climbers), Sylux, Viridi, Ghirahim, Eevee, Ashley, Rock Pikmin, Dracula, Akuma, etc..., or the next Smash game is a 2.5D fighter (like Tekken, but still has the iconic Smash mechanics) that only has twenty-five to thirty characters, with the original twelve being the last unlocked, and Mach Rider being part of the new starting roster of eight.

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Very interesting...I'd choose the latter.

Would you rather have a Nintendo vs. Capcom game or a new Project X Zone game with an equal amount of characters from Nintendo, Sega, Capcom, and Bandai Namco?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
A Hoenn Trainer would be awesome. I've never played a Hoenn game, but I think that the designs of those three starters are some of the best starter designs in the series. Torchic, Marshtomp and Sceptile would be heaps fun! Or maybe, they don't follow the pattern. Sceptile, Gardevoir and Wurmple would be the absolute best. That's my hot take.

Would you rather a Smash Run-esque Stamina mode with twenty-five to fifty fighters on a huge stage, in addition to Spirits (assuming that's what the blurred mode is called) or have Heihachi, Crash and Shantae join the roster?

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
The first one seems like a Smash Bros Battle Royale mod. I love that idea !

WYR have more Nintendo characters who don't come from any video games (Captain N, Mini-Kanguroo, Hanafuda master) or more obscure characters (MC Ballyhoo, LUBBA, Stanley, Excitebiker, Snipperclip character, master from Big Brain Academy) ?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Stanley and Mach Rider would be awesome (not Excitebiker, the game's great but the character isn't interesting, an Assist Trophy would be cool), and I don't want any characters that didn't originate from video games in Smash. ROB is okay, seeing as their origin is still video games, even if it's an accessory. It's why I'd be okay with a playable DS or LaboMan. These are still pieces of video game history, while Captain N is a part of cartoon history.

Which of these two scrapped character ideas would you rather see join the roster? A Thrash-hunter (Metroid Prime 1.5. Uses no weapons, slashes through opponents with its large claws, can camouflage (which would be awesome for a Smash character!) and is able to self-destruct when about to die) or Bowser-possessed Peach (Super Mario Odyssey, sure you've seen it. I can imagine a Peach/Bowser fusion character would be quite fun to play if they took elements from both characters, as well as adding original moves)?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
(Definitely agree with Action Type B. Good question, by the way.)

Spyro... and Crash.

Would you rather have Impa replace Sheik in the next game, or Impa made into an Echo of Sheik for this game, and not have her in the next game?

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
The former....it can't be that bad...right?

WYR all of the original 12 get echoes (including Dark Samus) (Dr. Mario, the other Links, Falco, etc. don't count)
OR
All current echoes are turned to reskins It's Alph's Revenge

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
I don't hate Smash Tour as much as many, it does feel like it needs improvement though. However, I wouldn't miss it if it were gone. I'd hardly remember it. Target Smash!! is almost a mainstay of the series, though. I think it should definitely be in, and like Classic Mode, back to how it used to be.

Would you rather 2B and Dante or a Persona rep and Elma?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
2B and Dante

WYR have Nintendo support mods for Smash Ultimate, and future titles, but your top 10 most wanted characters never get modded in, or have those top 10 most wanted characters playable with no mod support?

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Playable with no mod support. I'd rather play as Xurkitree and Banjo then playing as Thanos and Deadpool.

WYR dump mutagen on the worst character in the game, or dump it on your most hated character?

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Mods don't interest me. No mods-
New post.

Hmm, so an upgrade? I'd rather the worst character get an upgrade, than my least favourite, of course.

Would you rather be able to unlock skins/costumes or unlock new items, including Assist Trophies and Pokéball Pokémon?

D

Deleted member

Unlock skins and costumes.

Would you rather see a Smash title for phones, or a musical spin off?

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
Warriors game. Lots of potential armies to mow down, I feel like everything would translate over pretty well. The lack of cohesion would be more noticeable in an RPG, and Mario Kart 8 is basically a Smash spin-off already with characters like Link and Villager playable. I'm not sure adding more different Nintendo characters to a sports game would really add much to the experience.

WYR have all the menu themes be replaced with Space Jam remixes, or Sonic Buttrock?

Last edited:

WiredRM

Smash Cadet
I'd prefer neither but I'd take Noctis if I had to.

WYR have King Boo or Petey Piranha as another playable Mario villain?

Top Bottom