• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ‘Would you rather have in smash?’ game thread

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Hanafuda cards. Mario Paint would probably run the risk of being a reskin of Pictochat/Super Mario Maker.

Would you rather have Paper Mario, but as a clone of Mr. Game & Watch, or Dark Samus, but as a clone of Samus?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Hanafuda cards. Mario Paint would probably run the risk of being a reskin of Pictochat/Super Mario Maker.

Would you rather have Paper Mario, but as a clone of Mr. Game & Watch, or Dark Samus, but as a clone of Samus?
Paper Mario

Would you rather have a Playable Poochy (from Yoshi) or Playable Tetra?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Poochy

Would you rather get Porky Minch (Mother) or Black Knight (Fire Emblem) as a playable newcomer?

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Depends of what franchises those characters come from. I'll say M because the more characters that don't fit in Smash is what makes Smash special. - I replied to Osby as I was in the middle of typing when new comments were added.

Would you rather Cooking Mama join Smash as a new 3rd Party rep or Ayumi Tachibana as a new 1st Party Rep

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Poochy

Would you rather get Porky Minch (Mother) or Black Knight (Fire Emblem) as a playable newcomer?
Porky, I like Black knight a lot... but i like other FE characters more.

Depends of what franchises those characters come from. I'll say M because the more characters that don't fit in Smash is what makes Smash special. - I replied to Osby as I was in the middle of typing when new comments were added.

Would you rather Cooking Mama join Smash as a new 3rd Party rep or Ayumi Tachibana as a new 1st Party Rep
Cooking mama i guess... i know nothing of ayumi more than her trophy.

WYR Have FE Alm as a marth clone, Celica as a robin clone and black knight as an ike clone as newcomers? or a random pokemon you dont like, but with an extremely complex and time consuming moveset?

osby

Smash Obsessed
WYR Have FE Alm as a marth clone, Celica as a robin clone and black knight as an ike clone as newcomers? or a random pokemon you dont like, but with an extremely complex and time consuming moveset?
Random Pokemon. If Greninja proved anything, I'll grow to like it.
WYR have more Event Matches that make you team up with a character or fight against a character?

Nebelung

Smash Cadet
Team up! I like fighting with someone as opposed to against them.

WYR have a retro or indie rep?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Team up! I like fighting with someone as opposed to against them.

WYR have a retro or indie rep?
I prefer retro characters. There is so much you can do with them, since they give very little things to start with, ironically. They are all really out-of-the-box and interesting characters.
WYR have another version of Zelda with her and Sheik or a different version Mario with him and Dr. Mario?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
another Mario. preferably Jumpman

WYR replace all vehicles in the game (Clown Car, Wario Bike, Blue Falcon, the cars in Onett, e.t.c.) with Mike Kachowski
or go back in time and erase Super Smash Bros. from existence?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Erase Super Smash Bros. It was nice as long as it lasted.But wait, how can I delete it from the existence? If it didn't exist, then you couldn't force me to make this decision, since this chatroom wouldn't exist.

WYR had a SNES Super Smash Bros game or a spin off platforming game after Brawl?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
SNES Smash. We already had a sort of Smash platformer with SSE and Smash Run, at least, sort of felt like it.

Rather a Smash Warriors game, or a Smash Kart game?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Smash Warriors, though I'd like to see Jigglypuff riding a panzer.
WYR have a story mode with Majora's Mask's atmosphere or Luigi's Mansion's?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's Mansion because I loved Luigi's Mansion for Gamecube. However I have never beaten it or played Dark Moon.

Would you rather have Birdo or Kamek playable in Smash?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Birdo. diversity FTW!

WYR have Kirby's series icon changed to Kirby's face, or Wario's series icon changed to the Wario Bomb?
Wario's icon changed: in Smash, the War series mostly represents WarioWare games, so it actually makes sense.

WYR have Thanos from Fortnite or Pyro from Team Fortress?

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
WYR have Thanos from Fortnite or Pyro from Team Fortress?
Thanos. Anything to avoid another fire-based character with a flamethrower attack.

Supposing we get a throwback stage from an older Mario game. Would you rather have stage based off Super Mario 3 or Super Mario World?

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Thanos. Anything to avoid another fire-based character with a flamethrower attack.

Supposing we get a throwback stage from an older Mario game. Would you rather have stage based off Super Mario 3 or Super Mario World?
I'd say Super Mario Bros. 3, just because Melee's Yoshi's Island is already based on Super Mario World.

WYR have Ridley and Dixie Kong or King K. Rool and Wolf?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
K. Rool and Wolf. Ridley I don't like for... logistical reasons... and while I don't mind Dixie, I'd much prefer to see K. Rool make the cut since he just has more fans and potential for a unique and interesting moveset, relevancy be damned.

Would you rather see the Fan return, or the Red Shell item?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Fan return, it was super fun.
WYR have a completely unique item from Kid Icarus or a Donkey Kong one that just replaces a pre-existing item?

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Completely unique KI item! I think I'm one of the few that doesn't get burnt out with representation.

WYR have Snake return or have a Nintendo newcomer take his moveset?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Icies. If it weren't for the 3DS bottleneck, they wouldn't have to be brought back anyway. I'm not that huge a fan of the other three, anyway.

Would you rather a massive SSE-style Adventure Mode, but with the game being delayed by a year, or a Melee-esque Classic-Mode-with-some-platforming-segments Adventure Mode at no extra cost?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Melee-esque, and then we could hopefully get a traditional story mode as dlc later down the line.

WYR have Ganon and Ridley added, or have K Rool and Dr Eggman added?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Melee-esque, and then we could hopefully get a traditional story mode as dlc later down the line.

WYR have Ganon and Ridley added, or have K Rool and Dr Eggman added?
Ganon and Ridley. I kinda hope Ganon has his long hair this time around with a completely new moveset.

Let's suppose every single character from Smash 4 makes it into Smash 5 for this question: Would you rather have top tier characters like Bayonetta, Cloud, and Sheik be nerfed in order to balance the cast, or have low tiers like Jiggs and Zelda be buffed in order to balance the cast?

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
The top three be nerfed to stop the complaining.

WYR your dream character get in but be the worst character in smash ever competitively, or have a character you dislike get in, but is so good you immediately pick them up as a main?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Geno as the worst. I don't want to be stuck using a character I dislike, that just sounds ridiculous. Besides, I use G&W in Smash 4. Clearly, I don't give a **** about character viability.

Would you rather have a Rabbid as a newcomer, or a singular Ice Climber?

Last edited:

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
A Rabbid added I suppose, assuming Ice Climbers would be back still and in-tact.

WYR cut Ness and Captain Falcon or cut Marth and Fox?

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
That's a hard one, but cut Ness and Captain Falcon. A Smash game without one of the Original 8 is terrible any way you look at it.

Would you rather the 3 clones of Smash 4 (Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr. Mario) be given completely new movesets to separate them from their counterparts in Smash 5, or simply removed entirely?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
another Mario. preferably Jumpman

WYR replace all vehicles in the game (Clown Car, Wario Bike, Blue Falcon, the cars in Onett, e.t.c.) with Mike Kachowski
or go back in time and erase Super Smash Bros. from existence?
i don't actually have a WYR to ask, i just wanted to say this is the Worst thing i have laid eyes on in a long time

Caravan of Noobs

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheCrazyPieMan
3DS FC
2621-3128-5801
Switch FC
SW-0260-3374-4829
Virtual Boy representation. I want that Virtual Boy R.O.B. costume from Project M be official and I want the Virtual Boy stage be in all red.

Would you rather see Alph become a semi clone of Olimar or all of the Pikmin captains as olimar skins.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Virtual Boy representation. I want that Virtual Boy R.O.B. costume from Project M be official and I want the Virtual Boy stage be in all red.

Would you rather see Alph become a semi clone of Olimar or all of the Pikmin captains as olimar skins.
Alph as a semi clone, though probably it'd hard.
WYR have Leon Kennedy or Jill Valentine in Smash?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Stanley the Bugman playable, followed by a new Stanley game,

Would you rather have Poke Floats or Saffron City return as a stage?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Poke Floats, Saffron City was kinda boring.
WYR have Summit or Shadow Moses back?

Top Bottom