• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGP Brawl for All // May 24, 2008 // Scranton PA

Wako

Smash Cadet
Had alot of fun yesterday Brandon and Inui(I was the kid in the BB hat who discuessed tiers with you).

Everyone is gettin' pretty cocky about their teams. Javi and I will be there, hopefully. (I may have work.) Other than that I'll do team MM after work if Javi is down.

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
On one hand, I really wish I went to Montage with you guys, and on the other hand, I had one of the best nights of my life. I'm glad you guys had a good time though. And I'm sure Kruton and myself will be up for teams MMs this saturday.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
No Ban On Wobuffet
...or Deoxys S (that form only), they were both taken of the uber list... but please ban palkia, dialga, giratina, and manaphy :( Sorry for nitpicking lol

Edit: Also, will this be on battle revolution? lv 50 all? (or lv 100 all, don't remember if that was on there)? Mikey and I were wondering if we need to raise everything to lv 100, or if you will have one of those options set so the level is automatically raised/lowered?

drcossack

Smash Ace
5:00- Super Smash Bros Melee 1 vs 1
$5/person
1st-%60 of prize pool
2nd-%30 of prize pool
3rd-%10 of prize pool

After Brawl singles there will be a $5 pokemon d/p tournament
(rules are as follows)[/SIZE][/B]

All battles will be 6 vs 6 lvl100

Sleep Clause- Only one pokemon may be put to sleep at a time by the opponent.Example
I put your pokemon to sleep using hypnosis and you switch I can no longer use hypnosis til the other one wakes up, But you can put yourself to sleep Using rest or otherwise.

Species clause- no two of the same pokemon on a team

OHKO clause- One hit ko moves are banned (fissure, horn drill, sheer cold, and guillotine)

evasion clause- bans any move that increases your pokemon's evasion ex. Double team or Minimize

BANNED POKEMON

we will have enough stations so that we can start melee while brawl is still going on.

I hope to see alot of people at this.

Thanks
Nick
Melee and Pokemon? I've been itching to give my competitive Diamond team a spin (for about a year.) Might be in for at least that.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Ugh, I'd like to go, but I'd have to verify with the folks first and arrange a ride.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
brandon MM me In GH3, Fire and the Flames Only, 4 stock NO items Elroy Budvis only
I don't play... but check my crew thread. I'd bet 100$ that 3/4 would beat you in any song you pick! ^_^

Just so you know: ttfaf is like.. a warm up to them. Not even kidding

drcossack

Smash Ace
I don't play... but check my crew thread. I'd bet 100$ that 3/4 would beat you in any song you pick! ^_^

Just so you know: ttfaf is like.. a warm up to them. Not even kidding
Through the Fire and Flame is a warmup? That's not a match, that's a slaughter.

<---- sucks at GH beginner.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Through the Fire and Flame is a warmup? That's not a match, that's a slaughter.

<---- sucks at GH beginner.
At the local gamecrazy, the top 6-7 people play only a modded ps2 with songs that should not be beatable.

This one song, guitars suck. This one kid beat it without star power. I almost pissed myself.

Edit: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8fRY29E-fQA

imagine someone x4 on this ****...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Counterpicks available:
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium
Electro Plankton
You can't possibly be hosting a real tournament with those ridiculous stages allowed.

On Norfair you can infinitely ledgecamp and the lava is insane and covers most of the stage very often. You can attack, drop to another ledge, repeat, over and over and over and the other person can't do much about it.

Pokemon Stadium 2 has three sections that are horrendous. The conveyer belts, ice, and fans. They ruin the matches.

Onett is a walk off that has walls too. If Dedede grabs you at any point on the stage, you lose your stock. This game has enough camping. Why allow such a ********, campy stage? You might as well give Dedede players all the money right away if you're allowing this stage.

Green Greens changed since Melee. Bomb blocks increased drastically in frequency. Dedede has wall infinites. Apples can explode with the power of a bomb. That's insane.

Hanenbow is similar to Norfair, except take away lava and instead make tether characters more worthless than they already are. This stage is just Hyrule Temple without the bottom part in terms of camping.

Please amend your rules to make this tournament worth attending. The current rules mean you have to win the first game to win the set because someone will gay you with a horrendous stage. If someone uses Dedede and loses a set with these rules, they suck.

Top Bottom