• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TGP Brawl for All // May 24, 2008 // Scranton PA

Beat

Smash Ace
Maybe Atomsk? He's awesome and doesn't have a partner yet. If you still play Snake and have been actually playing, he might say yes. ;)
Ike main now. I'm not begging for a partner anyhow, but since your whole crew is pretty much rollin' up on this tournament, figured I'd ask. I still have a Gayke and a Gayco, though.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
You can't possibly be hosting a real tournament with those ridiculous stages allowed.

On Norfair you can infinitely ledgecamp and the lava is insane and covers most of the stage very often. You can attack, drop to another ledge, repeat, over and over and over and the other person can't do much about it.

Pokemon Stadium 2 has three sections that are horrendous. The conveyer belts, ice, and fans. They ruin the matches.

Onett is a walk off that has walls too. If Dedede grabs you at any point on the stage, you lose your stock. This game has enough camping. Why allow such a ********, campy stage? You might as well give Dedede players all the money right away if you're allowing this stage.

Green Greens changed since Melee. Bomb blocks increased drastically in frequency. Dedede has wall infinites. Apples can explode with the power of a bomb. That's insane.

Hanenbow is similar to Norfair, except take away lava and instead make tether characters more worthless than they already are. This stage is just Hyrule Temple without the bottom part in terms of camping.

Please amend your rules to make this tournament worth attending. The current rules mean you have to win the first game to win the set because someone will gay you with a horrendous stage. If someone uses Dedede and loses a set with these rules, they suck.
i took out stadium 2 and onett

Green Greens and hanbow were both legal at your last event we just attended what changed in the last week?

feel free to use your stage ban against one of those stages

THanks

Nick

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Green Greens was legal at our last event, but now it's banned due to the arguements I presented. Hanenbow was not legal. If it said it was legal on one of the threads, that was a mistake.

Why would you not take out Norfair? teh_spamerer already proved that stage was insane.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
lolz at shoutz:

Velocity: I WIN FOREVER :D

Inui: Stop it.

Javi: It's our sword duty to never play each other in tournament.

M2K: I'm skipping you because you won't check this.

Rob-player: (Brendan?) Sick. Besides that last match, you made my day a lot more of a challenge than a free money trip. I hope you continue to play, because you have sick potential.

Kruton/Shuriken: Sorry I had to bail, we had a 3 hours drive, so we couldn't stay. It was good to meet you guys. :D

Admin: yayuuuuuhz

Pav: Nice meeting you, man. Sorry about what I did to your wolf :D Albeit, your metaditto game is pretty intense! I'm sure I'll meet you again

ZOLTAAAAN.

That is all. woot

Partail results:

Singles:
M2k
Diem (That's me!)
Velocity
Brendan
Pav
Atomsk

Doubles:

m2k/velocity
Brendan/Iforgot, sorry.
Diem/Inui

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui: Stop it.
Nah.

Anyways, we did awesome in teams before I screwed up against Jason and then we both screwed up against Brendan. >_>;

I'm really disappointed with what happened to me in singles. Atomsk picks stages that should be banned and gets to win because the rules don't have them banned. I don't mind losing to Brendan that much because he was good and plays a character that beats Marth anyways...but I am disappointed that I played stupid on the last stock of the last match when I was 100% ahead.

Azuriken

Smash Apprentice
lolz at shoutz:

Kruton/Shuriken: Sorry I had to bail, we had a 3 hours drive, so we couldn't stay. It was good to meet you guys. :D
Yeah, you should have let me know you were leaving. I wanted to do that MM. Oh well, we will meet again I'm sure. Nice meeting you though.

Beat

Smash Ace
I don't want to do shout-outs until the results are posted so that I don't forget someone... It's taking a while, though.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
sorry i had a busy weekend and left the bracket at the store, I will be putting them up when I go in tonight, sorry or the delay

Top Bottom