• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TG6 Results Thread [1v1 Brackets are up!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Originally posted by Kitner
Excuse me, but are you deeply in love with Ken? No offense towards Ken at all, but by you saying "Either way I would have liked to see him in the finals against CJ (the top two smashers there, followed closely by Isai, Azen, Chu, and Wes)" You are basically saying that Azen deserves nothing at all. And You don't even give dredit to DSF or Sastopher, the two people that beat Ken. You're just deeply in love with him. I admit He's gonna come back with a vengeance and do some thing later at tourneys, but geez, the way you're acting it's like you want to suck his ****.
No, I'm not "deeply in love with Ken". And the reason why I didn't credit the other players is because this is the first time I've seen them play and actually heard of them. I can't even remember what they look like...I simply like to play SSBM and attend the TGs. I don't really care to know about who the best is there...the main two I know about are Captain Jack and Ken (as well as Isai and Azen, since I've heard a fair amount about them online). I can't really give credit to people that I don't know, since I haven't seen them play before in the past and I forget who they are after the tournament is over since I wasn't keeping tabs on everyone. I play as Marth, thus I watch a lot of Ken's videos and try to learn fom him, since from my personal view he's the best Marth player out there and has the best record with Marth. And after talking to Captain Jack for about 5 hours straight we became friends, thus I was rooting him on in 1v1s. It's not that I don't think Azen is a good player or anything; when we played at Deezie's he beat me (though I was able to get him down to one stock and around 50%) - it's that I wanted, and felt, like CJ should have won, since I felt that he was a better smash player. He lost, thus it's safe to say that Azen is better than CJ...though I would have prefered to watch them play more matches (the more matches played the closer we get to seeing who's better than who...if you ask me 4/7 isn't enough).

So sorry to anyone that's recognized as a good player and that did well in the tournament and I didn't say anything about you...it's just I really don't know much about you since the TGs are all that I've attended :D

DeriLink

Smash Ace
Actually, a suicide at the beginning of the match doesn't really matter that much. If Cj hadn't had suicided, you guys are acting like exactly what happened between them in the match after the Suicide, was gonna happen without a suicide.
Though it certainly did come out that way, I didn't mean to say the same result would come out whether or not CJ had suicided. I do mean to imply that because of it in this particular instance, CJ lost. I don't mean to down talk Azen, I just think it would have been more interesting to have ended differently, just as I'm sure it would have been more interesting for Azen to have not suicided at FC.

You can rest assured Azen has my full congrats on his victory and it was well earned. Just wanted to clear that up.

Sqpat17

Smash Cadet
4/7 not enough?

Azen and CJ played 3 sets. Winners finals, Azen won 3 matches to 1 or 2.

Finals: CJ won set one, i'll assume it was close, like 4-3 or so. Azen was now in losers, but he beat CJ in that set, 4-1. The 4-1 win is where CJ had the suicide, so if CJ won that match it'd have been 4-2 anyways. Either way, Azen beat CJ about 10-6 overall. Azen was able to win about two thirds of the matches, so yeah, he should have won. I personally think that Ken vs Azen would have been closer than CJ vs Azen though, as Azen hasn't beaten Ken in a set yet to my knowledge. From what else happened that day though, it's safe to say Azen would have won, anyways.

If anything, though, All that TG6 proves is that Ken isn't unarguably the best in 1v1. Someone said "To be the best, to have to beat the best." Has Azen beat Ken yet? Don't think so. And because of that, and because Ken has a better tournament record (this is the first tournament where Azen placed higher than Ken) Azen will have to do more to prove naysayers wrong. It's clear the gap between has closed since GO though, where Ken beat Azen in two sets by a fair (?) margin. In FC, Ken and Azen's set was much closer, and here Azen did better overall in the tournament. Their next set against each other will hopefully be the best.

And something for TG history... has singles ever been won by someone other than Marth or Shiek? To my knowledge, ken and azen mostly used those two chars, reciph used shiek, Justin i think used marth when he won TG 1 or 2, and I think JR won the other one. Who did he use?

Also, this was the first TG for someone out of california to take money in singles... in fact, the highest anyone from Cali placed was Isai at fifth. Cali has been caught up to, and has arguably been dethroned...

EDIT: **** my sig is what, three years old? I need to change that. Not that I post much... :/

DeriLink

Smash Ace
Finals: CJ won set one, i'll assume it was close, like 4-3 or so. Azen was now in losers, but he beat CJ in that set, 4-1. The 4-1 win is where CJ had the suicide, so if CJ won that match it'd have been 4-2 anyways. Either way, Azen beat CJ about 10-6 overall. Azen was able to win about two thirds of the matches, so yeah, he should have won. I personally think that Ken vs Azen would have been closer than CJ vs Azen though, as Azen hasn't beaten Ken in a set yet to my knowledge. From what else happened that day though, it's safe to say Azen would have won, anyways.
Actually, I can almost guarantee you that if CJ had one that third match of the finals, it would not have been 4-2 Azen. The reason it became 4-1 Azen is because of the character situation. With Azen leading 2-1 after the first match, CJ was forced to stick with Doc due to the counterpick rules. Had he changed to Shiek, he would have made it 2-2 but then be LITERALLY forced to stay with Shiek for a Shiek ditto with Azen, which then Azen would have been 3-2, followed by a Doc vs Shiek 3-3, followed by a Marth vs Doc 4-3 for Azen's victory. That it why he had to stay Doc in his best chance for a comeback so that he couldn't become counter-picked with a match that he could not win at all. Low odds are better than almost no odds. Of course, players are players. Either one could have won with any character, but odds are that it how it would have worked out otherwise.

Anywho, tired of argueing over this subject. Those who were there understand what I'm saying, agreement or not, those who were not will obviously be in Azen's complete favor, seeing his 4-1 as an overwhelming victory. I don't really care, like I said from the very first post I started on this, its just my perspective and I was trying to explain it to others who didn't see it. Azen STILL has my 100% congradgulations on his well-played victory.

Mattdeezie

Smash Lord
more like cali dropped off the face of the planet. Justin hadnt played for months, and didnt want to attend TG. I guilt tripped him to show. Jeremey Sam, and I never play anymore. We just stopped caring. We didn't expect to place high. So basically NorCal = Isai now.

TG = fox
TG2 = falco
TG3 = sheik
TG4/5 = marth
TG6 = sheik/marth

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
So what, now that TG^ is over and done with NorCal won't be having any more big SSBM tournies? That would be a crying shame...SSBM is still awesome!, and I hope that NorCal will have more tournaments...those will be really the only ones I end up going to...

Also, you can never say "Well if ___ happened earlier in a game, or if ____ won this game, or if..." for SSBM, since if that one thing happens, the entire outcome is changed.

Silly Fox

Smash Journeyman
THE MAN is and always will be my smash idol. next being chu, azen & eddie XD u all roxxxx.

captain jack: anata wa l33t desuneeeeeeeeeeeeee

Charoo

Smash Champion
I think I need to go to MOAST3 now to face THE MAN. I hope he live up to the hype.

Anyways I didn't go but I heard the tourney was great. Good job to all

MarioToon

Smash Cadet
Wow, I haven't seen anything like this before. Several people hating on Azen. I don't go to the forums often, but after reading things like:

"Either way I would have liked to see him in the finals against CJ (the top two smashers there, followed closely by Isai, Azen, Chu, and Wes)"

"4-3 for CJ to win his second set on Azen and take the tournament."

"I still think ken's the best. He will remain #1 no matter what Azen can do. There's no way Azen can get up to Ken's level. "

I have not ever seen anything like this. Although a lot of people did give Azen his props, there are still tons of haters.

THE MAN crushed me with two hands tied behind his back. It was really frustrating. :cry:

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
I wonder if any of the top players are living with regret. Because you ****s sure are.

This is a place to be happy :D. Hug! Don't fight!

Changing placings is like changing the weather... I can see it now.

"****, it's raining."

"Well, if you wouldn't have started up your car, it wouldn't be raining now, would it?"

"But, but... you have no idea! I could have NOT started my car, and it still would of rained!"

"But it's raining now! And you started your car! That means that you're to blame, and anything you've done is discredited!"

Gg, G$.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
good times

Posting at Germ's house.

For the record The_Doug is officially retired from competitive smash. Congrats to Mike from Canada for taking me out. I'm getting too old for this ****.

The Deez - Woulda liked to shake your hand and thank you one last time but guess you were at the airport on Monday morning-afternoon. Was a great run. Perhaps in the future you can create a career outta this stuff and make all the money back.

Big Eddie - Big thumbs up to you mate if you're gonna continue to smash. Keep it going for the veterans.

Ken - Still the best smasher in my book. Told ya before; don't let all the floating bull**** sink in.

Azen - Not a single game... but it's alright. Judging from our team games it would have been ugly. Props for beating CJ.

Will post more in a bit.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Re: hmmm

Originally posted by manacloud1
its time to stop comparing whos better and whos not. The game is fun and im sure many people have friends now cause of this game so enjoy it while it last. =D.
You know Mike, for once, I completely agree with you :)

Kryian

Smash Journeyman
Looks like we just have to wait until MLG finals to see who's the best...and if Ken doesn't win that, we can wait for the V-Games finals...and if Ken doesn't win that, we can wait for...something else. Yeah.

Good job Azen. You won, you deserved it. Yay!

Patooty

Smash Ace
..So you're basically saying that Ken is the best no matter what and if he wins a tournament then that's proof but if he loses a tournament then it means nothing? O.o

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
Enough with the john’s people this is stupid, Ken lost.

Ken is not God.

Get of his ****.

Stop crying...

The way I see it is like this, Ken is a great player I like em a lot and he was also a real cool person to me. But enough with the ken is still number 1 etc..etc... That is only making a bigger argument, instead of hanging on ken and depending on him to win all the tournaments for you guys you should all just train and get better so you can take out the people that he doesn't take out in the tournament.

Pushing your whole community on one person is only foolish, and I would know because I live in Florida and dealt with that problem many times before already...

Also I am sure you guys are part of the reason he lost in the first place, with all that pressure that he had from his whole state watching and depending on that fight I am pretty sure that ken was nothing else but a nervous wreck, since he knew that this would had been the outcome if he lost.

Nuff said, done.

Oh yea btw next thing I have to say is this, if you guys noticed whenever ken comes over here to smash we still root him on and we are still amazed about how he plays.

Not once will you ever hear about any other side complaining about who to root for from whom not to. I understand that cali liked to state that they where the best in smash but w/e weather you guys are still the best or not it doesn't matter. Azen played his heart out and got the win, ken screwed up and killed himself and got 9th because of it...

Enough johns people Azen won, Azen has the money, and Azen has your trophy and there is absolutely nothing that anyone can do about it, so talking isn’t going to do ish.

Edit- Grammer

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Originally posted by teflon_climbers
"But it's raining now! And you started your car! That means that you're to blame, and anything you've done is discredited!"

that's one of the best lines i've ever heard from anything. ever.

Mr.C

Smash Master
THE MAN IS FAT!

gratz azen, ken, rob$, strat, and chu and everyone else at the tourney i didnt go but ill woop all u MUAHAHAHAHA!:D

Dope

Smash Ace
wow that was a nice speech cloud strife. but before u just go saying someones better, im not taking any sides or anything, cause i wasnt there, but people have bad days just so u know, and they are both the best smashers ive ever played against. and and im sure it wasnt the stress on ken, since he won TG4 and 5, so i dont think he really needed to prove anything. and im happy to see Azen win, cause he is the reason ive been trying to get good with a few new chars, since he 3 stocked my falco with his DK =).

gratz Azen, get better so u can 4 stock me at V games, and mabye ill beat one of your chars besides Y link ^^. way to keep the US trophy in the US.

Fisherofman

Smash Rookie
Congrats To MattDeezie for hosting this tournament through all that mess!!!

Dude I can't believe you picked up all those people from the Airport and let them stay at your house...Unbelievable.
How much did you charge for Registration into TG6?

I have hosted gaming tournaments on a local level and it is alot of work so TG must have been insane. I would keep doing it just make people stay in hotels and charge 30-40$ for registration into each event. If you don't charge that much already. Everyone should be on there knees thanking this guy. :)

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fisher, he didn't ask a registration fee at all. He fronted all the money himself and the only way to get anything back is from donations and DVD sales. And yes, we do owe him our thanks. Everyone that didn't donate is a douchebag.

Fisherofman

Smash Rookie
No REGISTRATION...WOW:eek: :eek:

you guys are extremely lucky...I don't know any other gaming tournaments of this calibur that don't ask for anything.

Now everyone who went to this should buy the DVD!!! Help him out for all the time he put in.

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
**** yeah I'm buying the DVD. Not only does it have totally awesome fotage on it, but it repays Deezie. Heck, I might even buy two and use one as a prize at my tournament just to help out Deezie.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
im also buyin the DVD. i wanna thank Deezie for puttin on some great tournies for smashers everywhere though i have never attended one i acn clearly see taht you do a great job for the smash comunnity (Im a friend of Silas' incase you were wondering deezie). Id also liek to give big props to DSF and Crystal. You guys did awesome, keep dominating ;)

Crystal you are goin down at Moast 3 ;x

btw go to moast 3

yes this post was kinda a shamless elf promotion, but i said some other important stuff too ^_^

Essence

Smash Journeyman
there is no possible way in h3ll i am not buying this dvd, this must have been the greatest toruney ever, although i didnt do good, i dont think i will ever get tired of whatching cj's doc and every other match

and yes, people, come to moast 3, it will be good

senpyou

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by MrSilver
Everyone that didn't donate is a douchebag.
i know your faces douchebags.

thanks again to all those who donated even if it was just your spare change. special thanks to the big donaters like sastopher, henru/jigglypuffer/dragoncock, MATTHIAS, and kokichi. am i forgetting anyone? everyone who i listed here donated 10$ or more right? my deepest aporogies if i left anyone out. make sure you correct me.

sugoi.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Yagi is the one who introduced everyone to THE MAN , right? We were going to talk after the tournament about something, but I forgot who it was that brought it. Anyone care to update me? :p

DeriLink

Smash Ace
I'll be buying a DVD for me and any of my friends I think that would want one... I also suggest SKYPAL has a few Biweeklies in which the pot (minus first's entrance fee back) is later sent to Deezie to help out as well.

Sas: You and Yagi put in 30 together on the day of the 2v2's. I remember specifically because I was right behind you with my last couple dollars on me as my donation thinking "wow, 1-up'ed".

Aftermath

Smash Champion
hey everyone, my internet finally is working again!!

anyway, i had a ton of fun playing with everyone, the tourney was great, although my team mate and i didn't work together very well. but i got to do a bunch of friendlies with captain jack, tacto, azen, undisput3d, and zarelid, good playing with you all. Also, enjoyed playing with tudios against teflon and the other person in mario party volleyball. Big, big thanks to Scamp for bringing Warioware, had some fun times with that.

other than that worst trip ever, sorry to everyone that i had to borrow money off of for food and didn't pay back, but 71 cents really doesn't buy much. and just so everyone knows, THE MAN really doesn't make too great of a meal. but i did get my wallet back eventually and matt i'm going to send you a $10 donation with my thank you card soon.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Wow, you guys are so stupid.

"Doesn't make to great of a meal"

Okay, yeah. It's not that hard.

Make is a verb. He's talking about his cooking.

Duh. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom