• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TG6 Results Thread [1v1 Brackets are up!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
OHHHHH! Well duh. . . THE MAN made me some mac'n cheese and it just came out like crap he put in to much milk and burnt the noodles. So in that case, yes, he does make very bad meals.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
DELETED FOR SPAM PURPOSES.

So. Um. Wario Ware. I wonder if THE MAN is any good at that. Maybe it's a game we could beat him at! har har har. I'll money match him to a game of Wario Ware. But not normal WW, the cool dance FEVAR WW! XD And it was fun playing with you, Mr. Capt. Crunch :D.

HoodedHomie1234

Smash Apprentice
does anyone else have the problem where the bracket links take them to random websites?

i tried both mozilla and IE and both didnt work

Mattdeezie

Smash Lord
hrmm, seems that fortunecity no longer has a recoord of my account. Eff those guys. Maybe too many people looked at the brackets or something so they axed it. I was on it last night fine, so i dunno.

I forgot how to access ssbmofo, heh heh, and the old school pootie account we used to have died, so looks like the brackets are going to be down for a while until I can get another free web hosting thing.

Edit: Alright, signed up for a different free thing, and now it works, hopefully this does alright.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
I know I'm sending a card...if I were in your shoes, and my parents were in your parents' shoes, that's what would make them happy (well, not really "happy"...more like "okay, fine, it's not AS bad as it really was").

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I worked out the exact placings of all 112 entrants, because I'm bored and was kind of curious. Here it is, if you're interested where exactly you placed and didn't make top 17:

1st: Azen
2nd: CJ
3rd: Chu Dat
4th: Sastopher
T. 5th: RobFalco
T. 5th: Isai
T. 7th: Wes
T. 7th: DSF
T. 9th: Ken
T. 9th: J-Dawg
T. 9th: BFB
T. 9th: Sam
T.13th: Blair
T.13th: Dave
T.13th: Mike P
T.13th: Takuto
T. 17th: Takagi
T. 17th: Caveman
T. 17th: Lunaris
T. 17th: Zulu
T. 17th: Recipherus
T. 17th: Eddie
T. 17th: Gus
T. 17th: Deezie
T. 25th: Manacloud
T. 25th: Del
T. 25th: Mike G.
T. 25th: Antonio
T. 25th: Mr. Silver
T. 25th: GERM
T. 25th: Rune
T. 25th: Jeff H
T. 33rd: Jarrod
T. 33rd: Pedro
T. 33rd: Cloud Strife X
T. 33rd: Teflon Climbers
T. 33rd: Martin
T. 33rd: Oro
T. 33rd: Yagi
T. 33rd: Gus H
T. 33rd: Ross
T. 33rd: Justin
T. 33rd: Jon Jon
T. 33rd: The Doug
T. 33rd: Tristan
T. 33rd: Derilink
T. 33rd: Camper Bob
T. 33rd: Danny A
T. 49th: Ryan T
T. 49th: James D
T. 49th: Zarelid
T. 49th: JR
T. 49th: Silly Fox
T. 49th: Edward
T. 49th: Dan L
T. 49th: Jason M
T. 49th: Luke
T. 49th: Stition
T. 49th: Undisputed
T. 49th: Scamp
T. 49th: Guang
T. 49th: Goldwing
T. 49th: Locke
T. 49th: Trebor
T. 65th: Drakkus
T. 65th: Mike K
T. 65th: Bryan K
T. 65th: Frotaz
T. 65th: Stuart
T. 65th: Adam F
T. 65th: Eh?
T. 65th: Phil T
T. 65th: Bobby N
T. 65th: Khoa
T. 65th: Xander
T. 65th: Grant A
T. 65th: Miguel
T. 65th: Andrew
T. 65th: David K
T. 65th: Claudio
T. 65th: Dragon ****
T. 65th: CrazyKeys
T. 65th: Andre
T. 65th: DMStudios
T. 65th: Justin R
T. 65th: Aaron C
T. 65th: Ronald T
T. 65th: Carlos
T. 65th: Glen
T. 65th: Panda
T. 65th: Richard
T. 65th: Arash
T. 65th: Jason
T. 65th: John BF
T. 65th: Dave G
T. 65th: Matt M
T. 97th: Eric
T. 97th: Curtis
T. 97th: Mike B
T. 97th: Pat
T. 97th: Kenneth
T. 97th: RatKing
T. 97th: Dan M
T. 97th: Chris L
T. 97th: Sohail
T. 97th: Sheridan
T. 97th: Ashley
T. 97th: Kate
T. 97th: Essence
T. 97th: Derek K
T. 97th: Damion S
T. 97th: Max

If I made any gross errors or anything, please correct me. Thanks to MrSilver for mirroring the brackets so I could access them.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Wow, thanks Oro!

Ah that *** Jason tied with me because he got a bye in the first round of losers... :C

Oh well, I feel proud because I lost to Deezie, who is a better Fox.
And I did very well in the 2nd round of losers, but I still lost... I hate you Dan L!

It's really nice to look at the ranking and brackets after the tournament, cuz you think, "Wow, I was a part of this whole shindig."

ROBFALCO

Smash Journeyman
Guaranteed

First off, I liked it

MATTDEEZIE: thanks for everything, you did it again and made another badass tournament, I would also like to thank your parents. Thanks for putting up with us. Guaranteed you the Greatest

WA: all you guys are cool there not one washington guy that i dont like hanging around with all of you guys are cool in my book. YAGI i would like to thank you for being CRYSTAL CITY'S OFFICIAL TRANSLATE KID. For that we thank you.

DA: You guys are the some of the funniest people i know. Very funny. Never in a bad mood either. You guys are similar to us we laugh at alot of ****.

WES: guaranteed no more tricks. I will get you back

Captain Jack and his friends, You guys are ****ing funny. it was fun trying to understand each other. You guys where very nice. Always happy never sad. VERY FUN PEOPLE.

Alaska: you guys liked it. Lunaris improved my game by alot. I learned alot of stuff from him. You guys always liked the man and powder. LOL

ISAI: We liked being tie. LOL YOu very cool man and nice i was at your house for like to 2 minutes and you where welcoming. Very bad *** tv. And thanks for the massage.

ORO: you liked getting burn by wes. Dont worry he was just hating because he thinks your better than him.

Snap pop: you pretty cool hang around with. A very nice person.

RUNE: you are very smart always planning your a ****ing genious.

MR. SILVER: NO JOHNS

Ken: YOU LIKED IT

AZEN: you liked it. how the **** can you play with your hands shaking.

MIND GAMES WORK

Essence

Smash Journeyman
well i thought it was pretty gay that there were no round robins, they just gave someone a bye if they thought they were gonna win. and if someone was supposed to play someone who got a bye but lost both their first two matches they got a higher placing then someone who just lost their first two matches. i think you need to fix the placings. i saw some ppl who got to skip the first match because their opponent got a bye and lost both first matches but still got in 65th instead of 97th. i think you need to do the placings right...

MrSilver

BRoomer
BRoomer
There is no time do round robins with 112 people when you only have 10 tv's. Double Elim is pretty much the only viable option in that case. And since double elim brackets must always be a power of two you need byes to fill it up. So there was little Deezie could have done about it. Besides, who really cares about the difference between 65th and 97th?

Rob, you're right. I *****ed a bit about the rests, but I'm perfectly aware that I lost to Zulu because he played better then I did. It's just that I get worked up a little when I lose.

theFalcoMasta

Smash Apprentice
^^^^^^

Essence,

dude, it really doesn't matter who got 65th and who got 97th. why do you want the placings fixed lol nobody will care anyway that some people went 2 and out and got 65th and you went 2 and out and got 97th.

the fact that your whining about getting 65th over 97th is um not too good. nobody's going to think any higher of you if they see a "65" by your name instead of a "97"

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
If you want to get really technical, the only places that truly reflect accurate results are the top two. Everything else gets possibly skewed by bracket placements.

And, technically, tied for 49th means I'm in the upper half. Go upper tier!

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
^_^

What's all this arguing about CJ, Azen, and Ken?

Captain Jack > Azen

Ken > Azen

They are still better, I just got a lucky bracket. Tournaments don't prove Everything. And I got lucky when CJ stupicided and when Sas beat Ken, cause Ken would have beaten me. And I wasn't aware of CJ's honor code in Smash until a while after the tournament, I'm sorry if I offended him.

:starman:

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I dont think you even offended him. It is just a different country different play styles, different know'n "rules" and I am sure he knew that, or should have known coming into the tournament.

Good Job Azen, Don't be so humble son =P

Azen > Universe =P

DieSuperFly

Smash Lord
Yesssss Yessssss I can post nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww muahahahahahahahahahahaha

GG games peeps And sorrry i dissapointed the little bit of fans that i have out there =o( sniff:(

Suretman

Smash Journeyman
CJ, doesn't believe in chain grabbing at all from what I've heard not just with Sheik, but I don't think Azen should feel bad about chain grabbing, he didn't do anything against the rules. And Azen you are very humble, I hope your being serious and not just seeking attention. Because you being humble does make people respect you even more.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
The Man > CJ + Ken + Azen

I doubt they could even take away one of The Man's stock.

Oh, and Azen, I wouldn't worry about offending CJ, I don't think he's the kind of guy to get too angry about it. Your humble apology is all it would take to apease him if he was upset, but you didn't know it went against his honor code. I tend to think of it like Bobby Flay vs The Iron Chef dude, where Bobby Flay stood on his chopping board after he was done and the Iron Chef guy said he didn't have honor for his food...or something. But in the end it's just a game and we're all friends because of it, right? :)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
That’s similar to how I don’t edge hog, because of how I feel about it. I only edge guard.

...... I thought I was the only one that did something like that.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Maybe we should do that here in America. Decide to ban the chain grab. I mean that would pretty much revolutinize the whole playing field right? But then I doubt peopel woudl agreed to it unless the tournament specificly say so.

Oh well nobody in my group of friend chain grab simply because we don't paly seriously so we don't try to do everything we can to win like running away till tiem run otu and such. We just play for fun so those effective but boring tactic (chain grab) is never use when we paly. Yay

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Dude, it takes skill, accuracy and timing to pull off a chain grab. It shouldnt be banned, its a part of the game, even if its Sheik's chain grab.

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
Good $hit

Well guys Good $hit. My first post since TG <- computer is broken. Gotta hate little brothers.........he deleted windows X_X. Well anyway Im on my g/'s comp and just wanted 2 give in my 2 cents even though its a lil late. Thanks 2 everyone for giving me the best time of my life. Thanks the most 2 matt though for being an overall great guy even though I puked all over =\. Im sorry once again for that. I enjoyed everyones presence @ TG6 so i am not going 2 give out shout outs cause i dont wanna leave anyone out. I will give out 4 though to the people who i believe stuck out the most. Ratking, Teflon, Ross, and Rune. Those people were who made TG the best time of my life period. It even beat losing my virginity......on second thought, no it didnt lol. But anyway I just wanted 2 say thanks to all you guys and I hope to see you guys @ future tourneys. Thanks once again for a fabulous experience. Theres really nothing more I can say.

PS: Hanging out with ross and everyone in theliving room when wes met "my ***** dodgeball" was the hilight of the day.

PSS: I want to see the vid Me vs the MAn. As soooooon as someone gets it up. IM Mattyb0y47 or Moni125 tell them you are daves friend and are sending them the video of me that i told them about. Cause i need 2 seeee that match 2 see how he beat me cause i was in the lead by 9/10 stock and he made an ill *** comeback.

Well im out guys, thanks once again.

-Dave

Rune

Smash Lord
Whiii, thnx for noticing me ;]
You do quite rule yourself, that nightly talk on the porch was great fun ^^

Too bad I only played you once.. while having a jet-lag and sandbagging. Promise me we play a few more matches if we ever meet again okay?

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Yeah thanks A lot Dave, You, and the Rest of DA really made it quite the trip for me as well. (among a few others too) Wouldn't have been the same without you man. I am coming to NY sometime in the near future right around after turning 18. So that means I expect a NYC tour DA style when I am there. . . Mike better be there too when I come finally. Will probably be sometime in March.

Takagi

Smash Journeyman
sorry for posting so late but anyways Good $hit to everyone and specially Dave^^.

Had one of the best times of my life and a big thanks to Matt and the TG staff for hosting this wonderful tournament. glad to finally meet most of the good smashers out there. glad most of us(WA) made it in the top 20 to prove we can compete too.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'd like to congratulate Mattd on, once again, shattering expectations of the Smash community. And to think I thought FC would steal some of his thunder.

Matt, nobody has done more for the community than you. All of us here from Texas -- me, Cory, Cchay, and everyone else -- sincerely thank you for making today's community possible. Whenever we hosts start resting on our haunches, you push the envelope just a little bit farther.

Congratulations.

-Scav

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Lots of Props to Matt Deezie... Community owes u a lot, good work man. Helped put smash on the map

VarietyBarrage

Smash Journeyman
well i supose i should do i big write up so i can feel special.

da all i got to say is good $hit

crystal city you guys were hella funny wouldn't have been as cool if you guys wernt there.

matt thanks for letting me stay at your place and being a good host.

mr. silver good hanging out with you too bad we couldnt find a hotel at 1 in the morning. i wish cali hotels didnt shut down at 11 pm.

THE MAN you have got to be the best smash player of all time. i still dont understand how you can harness roys fire that well.

everyone else dont feel bad if i forgot to mention you im getting tired and im not able to think as well right now. TG was the best tourny i have ever been to and i will be buying the dvd when it comes out.

The_Doug

Smash Ace
finale

Back home again... suppose the UK will have to be called home for now. Some more shout-outs are due:

Yagi - Best Luigi player mate. You more than proved that. Was real cool talking and playing casual through the weekend also. You're definitely one of the coolest personalities around.

Takagi - Nice talking to you also and playing some matches. Oh yeah and thanks for getting some translation through to CJ, heheh. Regarding Sheik chain throws though, I still don't understand if it's an "honor" thing or "meant to be" thing.

VarietyBarrage - Good money match. I never lose to Fox on FD.... ok I take that back, but good games nonetheless. Also recall our very close team battles; wish they were taped though.

Sas - Remember Denny's last year at TG5! You had a talk with Deezie about wanting to make an impact at the next big one. Well, wow is all I can say. Beating Ken and putting up a huge fight against Azen. Crazy Washington Peaches!

Rest of WA - Crew that made the biggest impact at TG. All those Skypals help :) Great stuff; was nice seeing all of you again. Silly Fox how you have grown, lol.

Elite 5 - Cool seeing you guys again and was a fun although nervous crew battle. Cheers for the matches Ken.

Crystal City - Good times, good stuff. Caveman/Rob great team, probably the best in the nation next to KaI. Zulu insanely smart player as I thought you would be. No Johns. Will remember that quote for the rest of my days.

DA - MikeG good money match; will I get to see my TG5 and TG6 interviews sometime?? Wes good money match. Dave don't retire mate; you're too fast.

Canadians - Those lower/mid tier matches were awesome! Toes and back-airs and bombs... Mike good stuff putting me into retirement.

Lunaris - Good stuff taking me out also. Fast grabs, fast game; probably as quick as Dave and nearly as quick as Isai.

Edit: How could I forget so soon! If you want a treat, get the DVD and see our ridiculous Norcal Mario Party way of life. DeeeezzzGUSTING!!

spanish d00d

Smash Apprentice
Chudatz

hehz, mi badz on teh late reply, i gotz lazy....
amz still lazy though so i wontz make ne big shoutoutz cuz there were 2 many cool peepz atz TG^ (andz cuz most of teh time, i didntz know who teh hellz i wuz talkin to =Pz)

ne wayz....

Elite 5- Good **** guyz, it wuz really coolz meetin allz u peepz, stayinz at Isai'z n stuff wuz fun az hellz.

Mike - Good **** 4 realz, we didz hella good in teamz and it wuz teh first time teaminz up. hehz, mi badz suicidinz against demz Texas peepz.... i stillz hate mi self 4 datz lolz. At least we tookz out Captain Jack andz hiz frend in Round Robinz =D, we were just 2 much 4 demz hahaz. Overallz, we placed 5th (i thinkz) in teamz, hopefullyz we'llz get more practice inz and Aimz 4 second or first =Pz.

Captain Jack - "TASUKETE, TASUKETE" :chuckle: lolololz, good job beatinz me though, u were just betterz den me so no jonz lolz.

Azen - Thx 4 teh randomz 100$ u gave me afterz teh tourney mangz, if u ever needz ne thinz, hit me upz =Pz.

Ken- ur cool az hellz mangz, u'llz do better nex time (Vgamez ne one??). hopefullyz ill b at Vgamez az wellz if i canz get mi gradez up =Pz. o yeazz....., THANK JENNY 4 MEz, she boughtz me lunch twice, preciatez dat =Pz. Shez hella cool and super nice =Dz.

Isai - You LIKE Itz :chuckle: lolz, good matchez though, u'llz do better nex time =Pz.

WES - hahahaz, U LIKE IT NO JONEZ f000zz. finallyz gotz mi revenge onz ur azz, u cantz talk **** nowz lololz.

YuFrontMez- lolz, sry boutz takin u outz first round, no hard feelinz. Ur funny and coolz az ****z, stay dat way =Pz

Zulu - u like itz =Pz

Blair - good stuff mangz, try notz 2 go "Top tier" onz me nex timez, cuz peepz tend to not do wellz =Pz.

Sas - nice peach mangz, crazy azz mind gamez. u almost tookz me outz, nice try killinz mi nana first lolz. stay cool mangz.

wellz.., therez a lot more peepz i should give propz 2, butz amz lazy, so umz... nice meetinz u ..or sumthinz w/e amz outz

l8rzzz

Lunaris

Smash Ace
TG was the best thing ever. I seriously doubt any future tournament will ever top it, as this is the only time America vs. Japan will be decided for the first time(if you think about that, it makes sense, although it may sound awkward at first). Masashi or Mikaeru vs. America probably won't be as exciting.

Good matches to everyone I played with who I forget to mention here. You were probably cool and I liked you, because I don't think I truly disliked anyone at TG.

AZ: Maybe someday I'll be able to come down there and play in a tournament. Next time there's a big tournament, maybe AZ will come up in full force.

WA: It was fun hanging out at Josh's after TG. I'm glad I was able to stay for two extra days, but it would have been nice if I was able to go to the PAX tournament.

CJ: I may update this post with Japanese later... -_- We'll talk on MSN later though anyways. I hope to come Japan next year. Congratulations on taking 2nd. Going to all those places in Seattle was fun, but it is frustrating when I am not able to say what I want to in Japanese. When I come to Japan again, I'll have improved my Japanese regardless of whether or not my class can teach me anything(I'll study on my own) =) Have a good time in Washington and a comfortable flight back to Japan.

The_Doug: Heh, sorry I had to take you out and go lose. I'll make sure not to lose anymore in your memory =) haha. It's too bad you're quitting after this.

NL: Rune, NEVER, EVER do that again. Matt, you've gotten a lot better since when I first met you. I didn't get to talk to you guys much, but I hope to see you guys again, along with more NL people(Flok, Remen, Marc, etc.) at another big tournament in America. Unfortunately I doubt I'll be travelling to Europe anytime soon =/

DA: Good **** in the tournament + money matches. Dave not wanting money matches? @_@ Thanks for being part of making the tourney what it was. Your outdoor conversations were great, Dave, and thanks again for the hero(if that's how you spell it), Wes. Maybe I'll come to the EC sometime. Too bad we didn't get to talk/play more, Mike; you're not a bad player. Even Ken has his bad days, apparently. I'd say maybe you were just nervous, but I guess that's a problem only I have =P

Ken: Your post after the tourney was good. Sorry you had a bad day, I know how it feels to not be playing your best when you really want to(happened to me down there+happens a lot of the time up here). Sorry if I offended Jenny with my 'stupid' question, but I really didn't really know much about the subject in question, and it sort of sprung up from thoughts about SNL. Maybe I asked the wrong person.

FL: You guys are better than I expected you to be. It was cool talking to you, and Del, I think that maybe it's just that when they host tournies they try very hard to let you know how much **** they're going through to put it up for you. Goldwing, what happened? You did so well against CJ.

VA: Good work. @_@ Wish I got to talk to you guys more. Do you have the same view on sandbagging that Azen does, Chu(heh, doubt im ever gonna get this question answered)? You both seemed like cool guys, it's a shame I didn't get to talk more. I'd like to come to a VA smashfest/tourney sometime, actually.

Deezie: I appreciate all the work you've done for us, and I especially appreciate the work you're parents have done and the good face they put up against what I'm sure is a true parental nightmare. You really do deserve the title of Tournament GoD. =)

CC: I hope to come down to Texas sometime. I don't think anything else needs to be said =D Basically what I said to everyone else + more. I liked The Man ugly. Haha =) Either way, if there's a big tourney and you all are going to it, I'll probably go too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom