• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TG6 Results Thread [1v1 Brackets are up!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
(zzz)

Madd props to Azen and Captain Jack for a great final match and to those who placed high.

I got 19 btw...not bad really for a tourney with very high comp

And thx again to Matt for being so nice for letting us stay at his crib :) .....And I got 1000 yen from Takuto!! good $hit!!!

i'll post more crap later if im not lazy ^_^

Influenza

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by Kokichi

Captain Jack - I don't know if he reads these forums or not, but anata wa boku no tomagachi desu!
I think you mean anata wa boku no tomodachi desu. Tomagachi are those little "virtual pet" game things that were all the rage a few years past. Tomodachi means "friend," which I believe is what you were going for :).

SmashBroPro

Smash Ace
Kokichi - You're tripping. What you listed isnt bad sportsmanship, its part of the game. Azen played well within the rules and got the win.

Again congrats to all the people who played, wish I could have been there if nothing else than to see the last TG. Regardless of whether or not CJ could bet Ken and Azen a majority of the time or where his ranking in Japan is, I think it's been proven that US players have come along way and are among the best in the world.

So have their been any talks sending our best players to Japan? That's something I'd love to see happen. Perhaps the community could get a drive together to at least cover partial exspenses. I can dream at least :)

chillindude829

Smash Master
Kokichi, you must be kidding me. Other people have found ways to belittle Azen's win (saying he didn't face Ken, saying CJ was playing around, saying he didn't face anyone good) but now you're going to say he was unsportsmanlike? Come on. He "had" to chain grab to beat CJ in a Sheik ditto? If CJ had the better Sheik, he would've chain grabbed him before and done it better and won the match. Simple as that. And Azen was just as confused about CJ walking off the edge as we all are, so why, in the finals of the biggest tournament ever with $1100 going to the winner, would he walk off the edge as well? That's not sportsmanship, it's just him not knowing what CJ was doing. And if CJ hadn't killed himself the match may have progressed differently so you can't say CJ would've won.

I don't know why so many people are trying to degrade Azen's victory. He won fair and square. If CJ was playing around, that's CJ's fault. If he didn't face Ken, that's Ken's fault for not getting far enough to face him (no offense to Ken). If Azen didn't face anyone good... well whoever says that is full of sh*t because Azen beat Sastopher and Captain Jack. So please, you don't have to say Azen is the best, just stop belittling his victory. No one says this stuff when Ken wins. Azen doesn't want people to say he's #1, he just doesn't want people to make excuses for why he beat someone. He even said Ken was #1; how many people would win the biggest tournament ever then say someone else was #1? Azen is a great sport. Please just congratulate him and move on if you have nothing nice to say.

AndenHellseenkee

Smash Journeyman
^_^

You know, to be perfectly honest... I told myself that I wasn't gunna come on here and post, but after reading all of these posts, I guess I would like to take the opprotunity to say something. IMO...and in many other people's opinions...Azen, as of right now is the best worldwide. There really should be no excuses. I have heard too many times that Captain Jack was the best in Japan...and only heard otherwise once =\ hel| I would say Captain Jack wasn't the best too if he just lost in a match that represented an entire country. Um, I think that it is more important that everyone out there give Azen the respect and credit he deserves for winning the biggest tournament in the history of melee.

And I don't recall who said it...but someone posted that they were dissatisfied that Azen did the chain grabbing combo with Sheik on Captain Jack...and thought negatively about it. You know man, if you could do it like he could...you would. If it's in the game, it's a part of the game. Cause if everyone was sour about every "dominant" strategy in the game... then everybody would be disgusted of my Down B with Jigglypuff. I would be the cheapest person in the game =\ I can't believe someone would have the audacity to post negatively about how Azen won TG6...especially when he has been nothing but cool to everyone.

Azen: GREAT job...you have proven your worth to me...and the crew once again, you truly are the best. Ignore the people who are belittling your winning. It makes me disgusted to be honest and all I can say is ignore them. Anyway... I told you that if Captain Jack won TG6...I would quit melee, I'm glad you pulled through. Celebrate! ^_^

Ken: I'm glad I got the chance to talk to you. I never really thought you were a super terrible person, I just didn't like how you didn't like communicating with me ^_^ As far as the tournament is concerned, last time I checked... you have the most TG wins out of anybody... so losing this one, shouldn't mean that much to you. I hope you along with everyone else can truly realize Azen to the extreme that he is. It was cool conversing with you and I'm pretty sure you will be back on your tournament ****** spree all over again ASAP. BTW...tell your sister what's up...and that it was cool of her to talk to me on the phone. BTW... you still have me blocked on your Buddy List... it would be cool to talk regularly again, but if you dont choose to, I guess I can't help it. I don't use VesaggisEmeron anymore, I am using XxAndenxX now.

Chu Dat: ^_^ Although it was hard to say it, I agreed with everyone when they said you would rank top 3. Congratulations...you definately earn your spot among the greats of smash.

Wes: Good job representing East Coast. Just fell a little short. Not bad though, considering that you and Azen have never teamed before. Thanks for picking up your phone and stuff too, that was mad cool.

Oro: Oh man! Many thanks to you. Allowing me to communicate with you at the tournament was awesome of you. Nobody could have done a better favor for me. Thanks alot for being avaliable.

Matt: Sorry I couldn't show...I mean, nothing would have really changed...but I definately would have been there if I could. I wouldn't miss any TG if i had the jurisdiction to do so. You put together the bomb tournament, and I wish you the best of luck in your organization and managing skills in the future...stay an avid member of the Smash community as long as possible.

H2YL: We will never be able to prove anything about ourselves with the simple fact that Azen won the tournament for us... so let's not even try to. This will reduce the ammount of hate that people have for us and it will cut down on the trash talk.

Uhh...if I forgot to give thanks to anybody in specific... I apologize. But uh, yeah, Ken...mad cool, Azen great job...and Oro, thanks a lot.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
The one consistancy in this tournament is RESPECT.

Azen won. He had the respect before, and he has even more now. Captain Jack played about a zillion matches with everybody in casuals and money matches and is respected not only as a great smasher but also a really good guy. Ken took his stunning losses with dignity a lot of people in similar situations would not. Even though KaI didn't place as high as expected in the 1vs1, they still went undefeated in teams. Sastopher and Chu Dat showed the skills of their respective groups. (In fact, many Washington people placed high in the brackets. Sas just kind of sticks out placing 4th and all...)

Throughout the tournament I saw very few incidents of people getting mad at how they lost. This, to me, was a sign that the whole community is much better. Some people were disappointed in the way they played, but there are just so many good players out there that it's practically impossible to play a scrub anymore in the brackets. Usually incidents like hearing people complain about how they lost to a weaker player are the worst parts of tournaments. Not so much at this one.

That being said, there is no reason for people to comment on the placings and matches who weren't there. Sure, you know the results, and you know who beat famous names, but you didn't see HOW they lost. Ya gotta keep that in mind.

Also be on the lookout for a newly revised (not really, but worded better so everyone can understand it) DSR coming your way soon!

EDIT: Oh yes, to address the issue of clapping for CJ in the finals as discussed in the other thread. For me, it was an issue of show. In the first set when it was mostly Sheik vs. Sheik, there was no clapping for any individual stock that I can remember. This is because Sheik vs. Sheik is boring to watch. Now, you didn't see CJ pull off some amazing combos that I've never seen before with Doctor Mario. I clapped for Azen when he did an impressive kill with Sheik or Marth, but these happened less frequently because I'm very, very familiar with those two characters.

However, I'm sure people will still read into the issue with whatever they want. Just remember that if you weren't actually there, your opinion is subject to easy misinterpretation.

Cloud Strife X

BRoomer
BRoomer
SUP PEEPS!

OMG TG WAS A BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE!!!

My Shouts yo...

Wes - My *****, Idicka da best samus, idicka my dawg, Idicka DA's samus yo...It was nice hangin out with you man. We chilled 4 da whole tournament time and represented ***** pride all the way. Shot these ****** what ****** can do son.

IK Gohst - My ***** IK Gohst Idicka Dave from DA, you are mad cool to hang out with to yo, lol you may not be black to some people but you always eddie winslow to me. Oh yea and btw dave DA Man says hi yo

Mike G - My ***** you must be the calmest and coolest member in the DA, I would loove to chill with you in real life any time in the future yo definately a cool cat in real life.

Teflon - Good stuff on yo falco though and mad funny guy represent.

Texas - Dang you boys makin me realize how hard goin to Texas tourneys is actually going to be though <_< lol well I hope I still get to go to texas but right now im jetlagged and don't feel to hot. Good stuff to rob Falco though for how good he did.

MattDeezee - Great tourney yo, I had a blast that I could never forget ever, to bad it's the last TG yo mad represent.

Scamp and Sam - Good stuff to both of you, you guys are both really cool in real life man lol good stuff I had loooot of fun yo...mad represent.

Rune - Nice stuff man I had fun hangin out with you, the ohio girl, and random peeps at subway, also you are mad cool and str8 up real about the things you say...good stuff man keep it up.

Oro - Didn't talk to you that much but you was with DA so good snuff.

Azen - MY ***** azen representin da beast coast son, let them *****'s know what beat coast be about son. Tight work man and good stuff, lol maybe all that practice you had rapin me the night before the actual tourney for 2 hours at 5 A.M. helped you lol you never know...

But whatever it is keep dat stuff up mad ill son, and mad representin don't let anyone ever let you think anyone is better than you.

Ken - Good stuff man we talked a couple times but you seemed to worried to keep on a full convo thats why I didn't bother you to much yo. I am sure you lost due to nervisness or mistakes but regardless good stuff man no hatred in my eyes.

Yea anyhow I am in Tampa now and gotta get ready to drive 7 more hours to go back to Florida..

TG IS DA BEST TOURNEY 4 YOU BOYS THAT MISSED OUT

2 BAD 4 U!!!!!!!!!
HOLLA AT YO BOY!

Essence

Smash Journeyman
definetely a great tourney, some crazy and unexpected **** happened, it was my first tourney and i had to play sas my first set, so yeah i did pretty bad, but it was a good experience and thanks to everyone for the matches, ill never forget all the crowds OHHHHs! and AHHHHs!, hehe, anyways cj, youre the man, congrats on 2nd, sas, you definetely have the best peach in the nation, congrats on 4th, chu, i loved seeing your ics, i have a friend whos pretty d@mn good with them in my home town, but man, not like yours, congrats on 3rd, i always knew ics pwned, azen, yeah, you won, you are great, congrats man, dave and wes, d@mn, you dudes are nutz, soo funny, and d@mn your man sauce to h3ll, mike and jarrod, uh huh, go canada, ashley, you are fvcking hot, keep playing smash, ken and isai, congrats on teams man, you guys are unstoppable together, mr silver and rune, nice meeting you guys, you dude were cool, cloud strife, youre a cool dude, thanks for the matches, eddie, thanks for the matches dude, your really do have the best gannon in the nation and a great cf, teflon, dude, wut were you on? lol, jk, you were a cool dude to chill with, matt, thank you so much for the housing and everything, you put up with alot of bull**** and put alot of work into this to make everyone have a good time, i hope you got a fair amount of donations, ferno and clod, you guys got some good cfs, keep playing, zel, youre cf is crazy, great money match, tantrum, your a cool dude, nice samus, snap pop, you are definetely a great smasher, keep playing, we dont have many female smashers, cc you dudes rock, uh huh reppin tx and ****, congrats on 3rd in teams, and rob, you did some serious serving in 1v1s, scamp and everyone else who were hosts, you did a good job, germ, youre link is fvcking good man, dsf, you my boy dude, we gotta chill at tga if i can make it, anyone else i didnt mention, sorry, but i havent slept since the tourney, and i cant think right now, thanks again to everyone, it was a great experience, i cant wait to play you guys again

Mild $oss

Smash Journeyman
H2YL: We will never be able to prove anything about ourselves with the simple fact that Azen won the tournament for us... so let's not even try to. This will reduce the ammount of hate that people have for us and it will cut down on the trash talk.

Doubt it. :\ people always be hatin' on H2YL. And the rootin' against azen proves it even more. :\ At least the rest of the EC gives azen and H2YL the respect.

Azen: Good **** son. I guess beating my *** in sheik ditto's about 1000 times helped you out vs Cj. :laugh: But we all know you #1. And you diversity helped you out too. Good ****.

ChuDat: Nice **** reppin' the EC and VA. I dunno why you still not in H2YL. I wanted you in it. U know we've always been cool.

Wes: Good **** teamin' up wit azen and getting 2nd place. I'm nto done with u son. Next time, ima have a bigass money match wit you. Probably at Team ben's tourney.

Dave: Nice **** showin' WC the EC's Falco. Hope you show up to Team ben's tourney too. I'll money match u thurr if u want.

Mike G: Good **** reppin' hte EC's Peach. You goota work your way back up to #1 peach cuz apparently, there a really good one in Washingotn.

Satospher: I probably don't know you, but good **** gettin' 4th.

Cj: Nice ****. USA!!!:chuckle:

Ken: This is just one tourney. If you want, try comin' to H2YL's big tourney in December. 1000$ OOS!!!

Isai: Looks like Chudat da man. Both of y'all still **** me though. :\

NEXT BIG TOURNEY, the SEQUEL TO GAME OVER!!! 1000$+ OOS BONUS!!!! COME! COME! COME!

Azen will be there. ;)

CBEin

Smash Cadet
This was a fun tourney to go to, my shout out to Matt for organizing and hosting it.

Azen: Congratulations on winning and representing the US, you played really well. Nobody was cheering against you man, we clapped just as much for you when you made impressive kills with Marth and Sheik.

Captain Jack: Good job making it so far and pulling off all those crazy Doc combos and using that flashy playstyle. You most definitely have the ability to get the crowd roaring.

Chu: Well, it looks like they're gonna have to make a new tier list after the stuff you showed with the ICs. That was some crazy playing. Congratulations on getting 3rd.

Ken: Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to organize the trip and taking us along. Don't let the loss get to ya, even the most consistent of record holders don't win every time.

Isai: Thanks for housing us and showing us around town. Your Falcon was disgustingly fast and is still the craziest Falcon I've ever seen.

Panda: It was really nice meeting you. Although our teamwork started off really rough when we practiced right before the tournament, we stepped it up did really well in teams after we got it together. Great job keeping up with Jack and Doug in those money matches. You were able to hang in there stock per stock, even taking the lead a couple of times.

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
Congrats to all.
Azen this just makes me want to vs you more. All the same I wanna vs Tetty too.
Good work to everyone though, and I look forward to seeing matches. Will there be a DVD?

Cyntalan Maelstrom

Smash Ace
NNID
Cyntalan
3DS FC
4227-1428-3954
Mad respect goes to Azen, CJ, and especially Chu dat and Sastopher. Both Ice Climbers and Washington now better have some serious recognition as a force to be reckoned with.

I'd really like to know what happened on that first Doc vs. Marth match on the second set though. It looked like CJ was thinking it was a repick and started suiciding. If that was the case, I'm not sure why they didn't redo it, but if there was another reason, oh well.

To CJ: Get a smashboards ID! Get the others as well!

On a side note: TG7 will happen, even if I have to take over myself. Rugal didn't sponsor EVER KoF tourney, why should deezie have to sponsor every TG? :p

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Azen - Glad you finally got first after playing in TG all this time The two things that ticked me off were how you had to Sheik-infinite-grab Captain Jack in order to beat his Sheik and how you didn't kill yourself and make the game an even 3 v 3 when Captian Jack somehow accidentally did. Bad gaming sportsmanship there, especially for the latter.
All this time??? Dude, you don't know jack about smash. This quote alone just shows pure ignorance. You obviously know nothing about a shiek ditto.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Originally posted by AlphaZealot
All this time??? Dude, you don't know jack about smash. This quote alone just shows pure ignorance. You obviously know nothing about a shiek ditto.
It's all opinion really. Some people feel that Azen won simply because he took advantage of the ability to chain throw, and because he didn't even it out when Captain Jack killed himself at 0%. The decision belonged to Azen, however, and he decided not to kill himself, and to chain throw Captain Jack.

Some people call it cheap. Others call it doing what you need to win. However, even if somebody does think it's cheap, it doesn't matter, because Azen didn't break any rules.

Essence

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Cyntalan Maelstrom

I'd really like to know what happened on that first Doc vs. Marth match on the second set though. It looked like CJ was thinking it was a repick and started suiciding. If that was the case, I'm not sure why they didn't redo it, but if there was another reason, oh well.
yeah, jack, could you please get on deezies or isais account or someones and tell us if that was just an accident or if you thought you couldnt repick, because i noticed in a earlier match you guys had to suicide because of a repick, i didnt think you would just kill yourself, but if it was just an accident, then good matches, it was close

Bumble Bee Tuna

Dolphin-Safe
BRoomer
Awesome! Good job Azen, way to never give up.

But man, you guys downplaying this **** are crazy! ****, I basically despise Azen because he has sufficiently annoyed the **** out of me about 200 times on here, but he deserves the congratulations and respect for winning! These johns are pathetic.

WC or whoever is complaining have to take it like they dish it- remember when WC beat EC in their first matchup, and everyone posted about how WC > EC? Because tourney results are the final say, that's what everyone said. Well, now the tourney results say Azen = the best. End of story. Ken and Azen aren't "equal" because they didn't fight- Azen took 1st, Ken didn't. Azen > Ken. That's the way it works. So give the man his well-deserved respect!

(The above should not be taken to mean that Ken is a bad player, or anything of the sort. Just that the tourney results are the final say, and it's incredibly, horribly poor sportsmanship to say that the guy who took first isn't really the best. He's the best! For now. Time to practice more, eh?

-B

Ao

Smash Journeyman
Or we could just say they're all horribly good so who cares who's "best." They could all beat each other at differing times, but Azen won this time.

Tavo_7

BRoomer
BRoomer
TG was fun ^-^ lots of great competition and talked to lots of people.

Cpt. Jack's doc was real good, taking on the top tiers and more than just giving a fight :p

I'll post more later :p

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
>_<

I'm not trying to "belittle" Azen's victory, nor am I trying to say that he didn't deserve to win; he beat CJ, that's that. CJ could have used Sheik against Azen's Marth, but he knew if he did that then Azen would go Sheik, and since Azen's Sheik is better than CJs, CJ would lose. I was simply posting my own personal views on the battles that took place. From my own personal take on the match, if I had been playing against CJ and he ran off the edge once and killed himself, I'd like to believe that I would have done the same thing to try to keep the game more even and so we could really see who the true better player was. I understand that committing suicide doesn't mean that the other player should commit suicide just to even the stock, but at the very beginning of the match, almost instantly, I'd like to think that the more sportsmanship-like thing to do in that situation is to bring your 4 stock down to 3 as well. That's just me, though...it's apparent that others have different takes on what is and isn't sportsmanship.

As for the Sheik infinite thing, yes I understand that it's in the game, and yes I understand that CJ also tried to do it to Azen but messed up...my main point was that throughout the match it seemed that CJ had the edge on Azen's Sheik when Azen didn't chain grab. Thus, if you exclude the chain grab, I believe that CJ's Sheik is equal, if not slightly better, than Azens. Though, yet again, that's simply my take on the match, and I'm sure others would strongly say otherwise.

And thanks, whoever corrected me - I knew it was with a d and not a g; it was just s typo :) Corrected.

AndenHellseenkee

Smash Journeyman
^_^

Very well said Bumble Bee... I am glad that you have no problem with giving Azen his respect and see his position among the nation's smashers. Nice post, you said it all right on the money.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Well chain grabs are part of the game...and azen having it down shows that HE had the edge on CJ's shiek. Azen won it...and congratz to him. This is a solid fighting game....not very broken. So pretty much all is fair...and that includes chain grabbing. GG to azen...he deserved it.

Don Muffin

Smash Journeyman
does that one match matter? IIRC, the final match win count wasn't reliant on a tie breaker, meaning that even if azen had lost that match, he still would have won the set in terms of number of matches.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
YO DAVE

GOOD $hit son. . .

I think everyone at deezies knows what they need to post, lets see 10 pages of it dammit.

BTW. . . Great Job Azen(thanks for the fox dittos ^_^), CJ too, all the trash talk coming from the people not at TG is quite funny in my opinion. Anyway, when people start getting home maybe we can here some more REAL opinions

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hey good stuff

Fun tournment guys. Congrats to azen for taking first. Captain jack too bad you couldnt speak english or we would talk more your a nice fun guy and your smash skills are amazing.
Chu dat your the coolest guy from Va we did good in teams man 5th place for not practicing together thats hella good. Next time we team we will try to get first. Scamp lick that bar be que off ur fingers =D. Nice meeting everyone. Wes I like your suit. Chillin maybe next time ken and azen will face off during some point in the tournment, but for now no johnz. DEezie our match was close good stuff.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Re: hey good stuff

Originally posted by manacloud1
Chillin maybe next time ken and azen will face off during some point in the tournment, but for now no johnz.
I'm not trying to instigate anything here, so please don't take this the wrong way, but why was there a need to specifically mention my name? There would be no reason for me to make a john, since Azen won the tournament, and I was just supporting him. I know Ken and Azen didn't play but (again, I'm not trying to instigate anything here, PLEASE dont take this as a hostile comment) if Ken had beaten Sastopher, he would've played Azen. Just pointing that out.

Nemar Pott

Smash Journeyman
Tyte

Oh man first off Gratz to AZEN - the last man standing at TG6 :D
Good job man. It must have felt like a dream come true. congratz to the VA H2YL and the crazy *** IC user :chuckle: Ima definitly be at the next VA tourney

ALEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX DieSupaFlyyyyyyyyy KiFFFFFFF I cant wait to talk to you when you get back over here. Are you even coming back hahaha
Well you victory over Ken shows you that no matter what they say you can hang with the best right right? Remember what you said the night before TG? I guess AZEN winning ruined that huh?

Ken and Isai congratz on the teams taking. I have been reading the boards and I am very surprised and releaved that everyone is being such a good sport about Ken losing. I mean nobodi is like "Ken Sucks" which is coo. Ken, man, don't take this the wrong way but you losing makes me more excited about smash now. Cus I know how you play when you are focused on victory. And nothing will make you more focused on a victory than a defeat. **** I cant wait for the V games

Mattdeezie is the man for makin it possible for smash to come this far. TG and Mattdeezie are 2 names that will forever go down in the Halls of Smash Fame

Again congrats to all the winners.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Re: Tyte

Originally posted by Nemar Pott
Ken and Isai congratz on the teams taking. I have been reading the boards and I am very surprised and releaved that everyone is being such a good sport about Ken losing. I mean nobodi is like "Ken Sucks" which is coo. Ken, man, don't take this the wrong way but you losing makes me more excited about smash now. Cus I know how you play when you are focused on victory. And nothing will make you more focused on a victory than a defeat. **** I cant wait for the V games
Aye, even though Ken lost, I think he still has the best record around, and his legend won't die off so easily. Come V Games we'll see his true Marth skills :) It was weird, though; even though Ken has earned a lot of respect from players, towards the end more people seemed happy that Ken lost to Peach - I suppose it's because Ken is just so good that usually that doesn't happen. And at the end against D he sort of killed himself, or something, off the edge (I somewhat missed it). Either way I would have liked to see him in the finals against CJ (the top two smashers there, followed closely by Isai, Azen, Chu, and Wes), but oh well...

Yagi, are you the one who brought The Man?

x1372

Smash Ace
Awesome freaking tourney.

While I didn't make nearly as much of an effect on the final results as I would have liked, it was an awesome and amazing experience regardless.

I enjoyed it more than FC... though frankly, the main reason for that is that I wasn't playing the same midwest people over and over again here, while at FC I was playing rematches with former opponents almost exclusively.

I unfortunately had to leave at 6, so I didn't get to see that thrilling conclusion that everyone's raving about... so when's the DVD coming out?

For myself, I didn't do too well. In teams, I teamed with a falco player who I'd never met before. We did pretty well, considering... but I think that we would have gotten into the main teams bracket in at least half of the pools. Unfortunately, we happened to have captain jack's team, diesuperfly's team, and chu's team in our pool, and only the top 3 advance. We never did get beaten badly... but we just didn't have QUITE what it took to beat any of those three. I still don't know how chillin's solo climber managed to take us both out at the end of that second match.

In singles, I also didn't do nearly as well as I'd hoped. I won my first match, and got to play DA dave second. Dave, we gotta do that again sometime. First match didn't go so well, but then, falco on FD rarely loses to peach regardless. Second match dave goes for the fancy finisher spike, misses, and gets ledge hogged. I dunno if I deserved that one, but hey, a win's a win. Third match... best match I ever played. After the first lives, we REALLY had a war. You combo and beat me from 0 to death. I do the same right back. We repeat again... and then you combo me from 0 to death for my last life. I SO wish that match was taped... but oh well. Wes, no coaching next time.

In the losers bracket, I didn't do that well either. I beat my first opponent, won a way-too-close set against a samus, then ran into deezie. Everyone talks about this guy's tourney running skills... but geez, his fox plays exactly the same as kishsquared. Nice win man, I'm glad I didn't have to give anyone a bye... since even if I had beaten you, I would have had to leave before my next match.

Well, I figure I'll probably just do some shout outs now.

azen - wow, congrats man. First on your amazing team playing, since you spent more than half of most matches dealing with a 2-on-1 situation while wes recovered from the sides of the levels and still managed to pull the wins against all but ken and isai. Second, on winning the finals... I can't wait to actually see that. It was also nice having matches with you... though losing young link dittos is NOT something I plan to make a habit of. Next time maybe. I won't comment on that match where you used zelda, because there's nothing to say. I would have liked to get more friendlies in, but the line for that got a bit too long for me to wait in it. Oh, and thank you for reminding me why I stopped playing F-zero GX. *afterthought in edit* and, I guess, for winning the tourney. But everyone else already mentioned that one.

captain jack - nice job taking second place. I wish I'd been able to play you in a money match, but I couldn't find you sunday morning and there was no time once the singles got underway. I still don't know how my team got so close to yours in that match... and that we almost prevented your team from getting into the main bracket (yeah, I'm that crazy bearded guy who played peach). Then again, seeing your epic battle with the eastcoast team was more than worth not making it ourselves.

chu dat - well, maybe I don't feel quite as bad about those losses now. You took us out in the irrelevant teams match (had we beaten you, we would have lost to diesuperfly's team for third in heads up), and you just obliterated me in those friendlies we had. I've beaten pyro's ice climbers. I've beaten vocal's ice climbers. But geez, yours somehow just had my peach's number. I wanted to play them with my young link, but then you switched to GAME AND WATCH. *Sigh* I lost to a freaking game and watch. Well, I guess you're just that good man... though, as expected of any good game and watch, you relied almost exclusively on downtilt, forward air, and neutral air. I just couldn't get you out of my face, and even game and watch beats young link up close (I'm still looking for a character who doesn't... maybe in the next smash game). Congrats on taking third as well. Gotta love that nana revenge kill in your team set against eddie and the doug.

diesuperfly - I'm not giving you money ever again. First your doc takes out my young link in michigan, then I get the crazy idea that I can beat your sheik here for 5 bucks. Well, good set, both matches were close, but you won it. If there was just SOMETHING that peach could do when grabbed at 100% damage to survive...but there's not. No matter where I DI, its over. You were one of my relevant losses in teams, because if we'd beaten you we'd have managed to go on. I don't know who that peach player was that you teamed with... but he's friggin good. And if you really did take out ken... *insert golf clap here* Maybe JV won't feel so upset about losing to you in michigan now. Oh... and next time, we look at street signs so that we don't get lost. We took the long way from deezie's to the tournament on sunday.

DA dave - next time buddy, next time. I already wrote about our match previously, so there's not much else to say there. Also, we didn't do half bad in that teams exhibition set against you and mike G either, did we? I wish I'd gotten to play mike G more than just having his falcon spike-knee my peach to end a team game. If he plays peach half that fast, no wonder he's the best peach player in the US. *edit* of course, I had no idea who he was until someone else mentioned it afterward.

Mike from canada - I swear, someday I'll figure out how to beat that DK with young link. However, for now... I still live in fear of that monkey.

Jarrod - do you respect me now? lol, whatever. Good matches, you kept them all close. It's just a shame that TG rules hardly let me camp against you, but I did what I could. Maybe we'll play again... and I still don't know how you and mike took the first two "midwest and canada" seeds before eddie or I could say anything. I put the 5 bucks I won from you into the "help deezie pay for this thing" jar, so your money certainly didn't go to waste.

Deezie - great tourney man, and great matches. I'll figure out how to beat fox sometime... and, on the off chance you do host something else, the cover charge would definitely be a better idea. I put in 5 bucks, but I doubt that many people even put in a dollar. I'm certainly up for buying the DVD, which again should help you recoup some of your losses.

Elite 5 - was I really the only one during the entire weekend who actually attempted the ken challenge? I beat jiggly, I beat ganondorf (though that early zombie turnip did help things), and I beat sheik. Manacloud was still playing teams, so I had to wait... and three hours later, he played jiggly and beat me in a nailbiter finish. Good match, but I wish I'd played you when I was on a roll rather than after a huge wait. No johns though, I'll have to try to climb the ladder next time. Ken, just wait for it. You will face Camper Bob again. Also, it was fun playing friendlies with you guys... my young link was doing surprisingly well. Next time, I won't air dodge off the cliff at 0 damage after evening the score on my last life.

Soul Calibur 2 guys - Well, there were 7 or 8 guys who stayed up with me and were playing SC2 for a while... thanks to all of you for showing me how much my talim sucks. Oh, and for showing me how my seng mina REALLY sucks. It was fun to play anyway, but we really needed to get some sort of logical controller passing order, because that fell into confusion really often. Someone kill that freaking astaroth.

To other people there... well, it was a blast playing with all of you that I did. I really didn't get that many people's names... so I can't really do shout outs in that regard. If anyone remembers or recognizes me, I was the crazy bearded guy who used the name "..." and played almost exclusively as peach and young link.

Not that anyone who actually went there cares, since I probably won't see you for months, but my peach will be taking a while off while I practice with my young link and ganondorf for a while. I may come back to peach, but time will tell.

Great tourney everyone. I really enjoyed it, and look forward to the DVD.

*edited to remove a few typos and fix a few things*

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Bob, you don't even remember your partner's name? I'll have to tell him that tomorrow at school ;)

VarietyBarrage

Smash Journeyman
sup dave

good $hit

Yagi, are you the one who brought The Man?
the man just shows up when he wants. he has got to be the best roy player in the world. he can really use the power of fire.

DeriLink

Smash Ace
good $hit

Wes and THE MAN should team up at the next big tournament.

Will post more later.

PandaX

Smash Lord
Dan, our team matches started out bad but in the long run we got a good team working. Too bad both of us got really tired ; ;

I just realized that I forgot to mention a congrats to lots of people. Ok let me refresh the list.

Congrats to Azen for winning.
CJ was truely amazing: congrats on 2nd.
ChuDat! Crazy insaneness with the IC.

Congrats to washington placing really good. Impressive stuff.

Crystal City in teams was crazyman!

Congrats to Ken and Isai for taking teams.

Dan for being a great teammate.

And the whole SoCal crew for the great parties ^^

If you guys arn't wasted completly... I'm really wishing I went with you guys... I'm having one of the worst days. You'd probably be able to catch me in AIM as PandaMasterX4

Fun tournament. I met a lot of interesting people there. I even heard my named mentioned from others o.O :eek:

Oh! TheDoug, we actually had a fun ditto match. I'm glad I got to play you.

Sastopher

Smash Journeyman
Matt, you are fricken amazing. This tournament has got to be one of the best ever run, and everyone who went had a blast. Thank you for supplying yet again the shelter and organization, and thank you for your patience in parenting those individuals and incidents that would have been beyond most people's tolerances. I know this tournament, like the ones before it, played a heavy toll on you, but let it be said your sacrifice is both well recognized, and well appreciated. Thank you Matt, and thank you to all the staff that helped him out. There wouldn't have been such a great tournament without you guys.

To all the rest: it really was something else. A blast. Never before has such intense competition in such great numbers competed under the same roof. It was a weekend I won't soon forget.

To those looking for videos, you'll have to watch them personally off of someone who recorded them, or buy the DVD. Matt is down a good thousand dollars or so from all the expenses from hosting, and this DVD is an attempt at a partial recoup of that. I'd be happy to describe in dramatic detail all the matches I watched, but Matt has asked that all personally recorded footage be left off the internet for the time being. I'm sure you all understand why.

Thank you for all who have congradulated me on getting fourth. I did better than I had hoped. My victory against Ken was thrilling and nervewracking. Ken, you are a truly phenominal player, and I am glad we had the opportunity to play together. Let the closeness of our matches be a testament to our respective skills, and thank you for being such a friendly competator.

Azen, our match was a solid one--there are no johns here. Your sheik and marth are strong, and I have no complaints losing to you in the winner's bracket.

Chu, your IC's are a sight to behold, played to their limit. You've shown not only myself, but an entire community what those characters are capable of, along with things I never would have thought of. Who whould have imagined IC's would defeat Peach? I didn't, not before I saw you play, but your victory was a testament to your ability. I have no complaints losing to IC's refined as yours. In some ways, it's an honor. Thanks for good matches and a good handshake at the end. Your third is well deserved.

To all the others I faced, thanks for great matches. There was no truly easy match, and I am only glad I was able to rise to the occasion to get so far.

Mike G: thanks for the great Peach dittos, they were some close matches. I'm glad I got to know you this year--you're a great guy. Hopefully we'll meet again sometime.

Dave: The same as above, cept for the peach ditto part. You're a real fun guy to hang around. It's too bad opportunities like last weekend don't come more often. You should be aware of your limits though... nobody challenges The Man to a money match and comes through with their dignity unless they've got serious guts.

Sam and Scamp: it was a pleasure. We lucked our way into a first-seed bye after that three-way tie in round robins settled with a best of one. Though you won the first two, it was this third that counted, and Yagi and I were glad to get another chance to prove what we were made of. Scamp, thanks for introducing me to the power that is Wario Ware. We will surely be buying it for it's playing-for-blood like capabilities, if nothing else.

Wes: The Man + you = scary. Nobody was safe from your devestation. Even I got a taste of what was coming to me... and I thought I was used to his shenanigans.

Crystal City, you guys were great as always. I'm glad you came, TG just wouldn't be the same without you. Passing people out is just too good. Rob and Caveman, you've got an awesome team and are great individually too. Thanks for some great matches.

Frotaz, it was great seeing you again. Fun as always. You should move up to WA--we love you up here! Also, I never knew you could run so fast. I thought your fro would have created too much drag, but your unique running style proved me wrong.

Captain Jack, you're amazing. It's a shame cultural differences played an impact on your TG success, but you impressed us all with your undertier abilities. Let us all fear the mighty DK as our primaries get destroyed in casual matches. I'm so lucky I'll get to play with you during your extended trip to Seattle. Yay to SKYPAL and El Casa de Yagi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom