• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

Max?

Smash Champion
Word Ammy is immaculate and people sleep. She's the jiggs of that game without a rest.

Who was the guy who was commentating that claimed he knocked Chris G into Losers?

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
Evil Rahsaan? He's the other really good Spider-Man player. And yes, he did knock Chris G into losers.

Marvel aside, who would be up for some Smash Friday or Saturday?

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm going to try and convince people to go to a melee tourney in Brooklyn on saturday. But if I fail, I'm probably down to FNNNA.

Niko45

Smash Master
HOLY **** SKIN. This ***** like nearly beat Chris G wtf!!!

It seemed like your Doom actually did the best against the both the Ammys I saw you play. Your Doom is awesome.

I see you switched Wesker to anchor, I guess it was only a matter of time for that.

That one shot on phoenix was awesome.

Question: This is what you're probably talking about with a different assist but wouldn't Doom's hidden missiles be way more helpful for getting in in general?

Teach me how to Marvel.

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
HOLY **** SKIN. This ***** like nearly beat Chris G wtf!!!

It seemed like your Doom actually did the best against the both the Ammys I saw you play. Your Doom is awesome.

I see you switched Wesker to anchor, I guess it was only a matter of time for that.

That one shot on phoenix was awesome.

Question: This is what you're probably talking about with a different assist but wouldn't Doom's hidden missiles be way more helpful for getting in in general?
My original Spider-Man team consisted of Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Ryu... horrible, horrible idea. I later switched Ryu for Wesker, but Iron Man was too inconsistent for me. As a result, I replaced Iron Man for Doom (similar beam assist functionality for Spider-Man). I fell in love (sexually) with Doom afterwards, but mine wasn't too good. I play this guy down in LI who plays a mean Doom/Haggar team, and I took a lot of cues from his Doom. I'm really pleased with how Doom feels, because one corner combo for Doom can result in a solo kill without x-factor, and he can surprise people with the good old backthrow.

But yeah, for the Ammy matchup, I'm thinking of replacing Doom's beam with hidden missiles. I'll call them out, jump behind Ammy so she can't go after Doom and is forced to go after Spider-Man, and make her fear rushing down (the missiles WILL hit her unless she does a combo +level 3 super). Plus, if I manage a combo with Spider-Man, I could do some good 100% combos with the help of hidden missile's OTG.

However, I also have to say that Chris G wasn't on his game yesterday. He missed a good amount of combos that he would have hit otherwise.

Max?

Smash Champion
I'm not tight tanight at all. I'm just saying **** Marvel, it's a waste of time. Time to put in that melee grind.

I love watching Marvel, but I refuse to dedicate time to it.

Max?

Smash Champion
Marvel's definitely fake as ****. But then again, it is a REAL fighting game, so I guess we're the fake ones for playing Melee in the first place.

Max?

Smash Champion
And DI and ledges and different stages with hazards. I think I figured this out tho.

Here's what we do, we hack melee so there are no more %, but only Life Bars, then we make FD the only stage but add two gigantic walls at the edges of the stage. Then we somehow get rid of DI, because godforbid there should be variability in your combos, and add like 6 new buttons on Gamecube controllers.

I'm sure some people would still find ways to john about it tho.

Max?

Smash Champion
**** you're right. It has Mario and Luigi in it. If it ain't Ryu, Akuma, Chun Li or Wolverine, Storm, Magneto it's not a real game.

Max?

Smash Champion
Oh god. My account has been hacked LOLL.

Dbloc, since I know it was you, I'll give you the otg account to do whatever you want with.

Skinhoff

Smash Cadet
sssssssssssssssssssseriously though, great ****in weekend. Catan is also the best game ever, and I wouldn't object if you guys decided to buy this.

Top Bottom