• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TFS: Just when I thought I was out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN. **** Melee

Max?

Smash Champion
We dont ever really talk in this thread... you should just text PC during the week. He wont respond on weekends, kid works really really hard.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well I have Armada in my pool. Good use of $70. Can't wait to go home friday night.
lol, emOTG!?

come on yo, armada don't got ****, just **** that ***** up. betchya he doesn't know the doc matchup.

p.s. I decided not to go to Apex because after like 3 hours of this game my fingers hurt and I don't wanna play anymore. I miss you homies though, so max, text me when you guys are playing on a non-tuesday/wednesday day.

Max?

Smash Champion
lol, emOTG!?

come on yo, armada don't got ****, just **** that ***** up. betchya he doesn't know the doc matchup.
Pretty sure Armada has exposed both Shroomed and Waffles, and the vids are on youtube.

Aight **** it, I'm just going to have to expose Armada.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Pretty sure Armada has exposed both Shroomed and Waffles, and the vids are on youtube.

Aight **** it, I'm just going to have to expose Armada.
If him beating me in some decently close friendlies is "exposing" me, then I guess I've been exposed.

Max?

Smash Champion
If him beating me in some decently close friendlies is "exposing" me, then I guess I've been exposed.
Cool story bro.

So just out of curiosity, I decided to look at some of the other pools for Apex to get a feel for just how stacked they were. I was absolutely blown away to see how easy some of them are. I think I have a shot at getting first seed in a number of these pools, and in certain instances I've outplaced/beaten the people who are guaranteed first in said pool.

Here are some examples:

Pool 7

CaptAwesum
Internet Explorer
Q
PiKaLeX
ihavespaceballs

Pool 8

v4extreme
Janu
MacD
Timo
SloX

Pool 11

Mather
God plays Claw
Ravenlord
SmashMac
Crush

Pool 18

Tirno
mers
BEN!
SwiftBass
ILM

Pool 30!!! (Total Joke of a pool, hilarious considering Chain - Ace was partly responsible for putting pools together.... HMMMMM)

Juxtapoz Mako
Blubba_Pinecone
MilkMan
Javi
Chain-Ace

Pool 40

Kevin “Magic” Johnson
Tyga
Redd
SOLAR
Codi

Pool 42

Republican0fHeaven
ycz6
Juggleguy
K.I.D.Goggles
Captain Jack

Pool 51

Fiya
WeaponX
Mofo
VANS
Winston

Pool 54 (LOLLLLLLL)

INSANE CARZY GUY
Rai
vVv ChiboSempai
Pr0jecT
Azen

Pool 58

Ambix
Carn
Wes
Tai
QTip

Pool 60

Bl@ckChris
Palpi
Robin
V3ctorman
Zero

Pool 63 (Still baffled by this one)

The March Hare
Hawkeye713
Emma Watson’s Boyfriend
Nando
Kou

Pool 64

darkcloud
Qpac
JackofSpades
StriCNYN3
Orion

So I guess I'm still curious why I was put up against Armada? Don't get me wrong, I'm in there and I'm not going to have my pool changed unlike some certain fake *****s (cough pbnj cough), just very curious as to how some of the seeding worked.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
what, you mean TOs suck at this ****? no ****ing way max.

so they screwed the pooch and mis-evaluated a lot of players, this is nothing new to tournies, especially of this size. but just for funsies, you should try making pools out of that player pool to see how much of a ***** it is.

Max?

Smash Champion
Very true, I'm glad that I'm not responsible for something like this. If I was you'd see some serious bias for TFS tho, Idgaf. I guess it's understandable, I guess I'm just antsy as my first round pool has essentially turned into "who is getting 2nd seed" and ANY slight misstep on my part is me not making second round. I feel like I should make bracket this year, and it's already somewhat compromised because of some bs in round 1.

Max?

Smash Champion
Nando you always say $50 MM or some bull**** and then back down. But as per usual, I'll gladly take your money.

REDfox1

Smash Journeyman
LMAO hbk is funny i didnt say thar, but max are you serious? Everytime i mention it & i see you at the tourny "umm nando you ****ing fake and i have like no money ill do it some other time"

:phone:

MacD

Banned via Administration
EDIT: oh ****, max is otg... MIND = BLOWN!!!!!!!!

and you posted that before you saw me vs hbox's ness :( i'm hurt

still think i deserve a first seed though :/

Max?

Smash Champion
MacD, I wasn't implying that you're bad, or that you aren't first seed material. I was more stating how ridiculous it was that I was paired with a player such as Armada (who lo and behold went on to win the tournament), when I am potentially first seed material as well. I do not think I would beat you or get 1st seed in your pool persay, more that I just could not for the life of me understand why I was seeded with someone THAT good when a number of these pools were complete jokes.

I ended up getting into round 2 anyway, but because of my 2nd seed coming in from first round I was thrown into a really tough round 2 pool. My round 2 pool was completely doable, and frankly me not making it into bracket is my own fault, but the fact remains that a number of these pools were COMPLETE jokes, and a number of 2nd round pools were retardedly easy in comparison to mine.

I'm done ranting tho, it's clear I will never be considered good at this game, so might as well just Dsmash all these fake *** space animals who get seeded higher than me because of their character choice.

Btw, I know the Apex staff reads this thread, and I just want to state that while I love you all as people, this tournament was absolutely terrible from the players end and I have no intention of supporting the Apex series from now on. In fact, I may be done travelling to tournies for awhile, I'm that put off by this whole experience. The sad thing is, I know for a fact I am not alone in this.

You guys worked really hard, much respect, but yeah, I'm done here.

DIP

MacD

Banned via Administration
dude, i agree 100%. like i understand people can't always make pools 100% fair but some were stupid easy and some were just stupid hard. both round 1 and 2

and all the top players/established players all hated the tourney too. i heard a lot of noobs were like "omg this is amazing" but i was impresssed by OC3 (my first huge tourney) and everyone told me it sucked and now i think i get it

and i think 4am me was a bit more inclinded to being mad at everyone haha

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
MacD, I wasn't implying that you're bad, or that you aren't first seed material. I was more stating how ridiculous it was that I was paired with a player such as Armada (who lo and behold went on to win the tournament), when I am potentially first seed material as well. I do not think I would beat you or get 1st seed in your pool persay, more that I just could not for the life of me understand why I was seeded with someone THAT good when a number of these pools were complete jokes.

I ended up getting into round 2 anyway, but because of my 2nd seed coming in from first round I was thrown into a really tough round 2 pool. My round 2 pool was completely doable, and frankly me not making it into bracket is my own fault, but the fact remains that a number of these pools were COMPLETE jokes, and a number of 2nd round pools were retardedly easy in comparison to mine.

I'm done ranting tho, it's clear I will never be considered good at this game, so might as well just Dsmash all these fake *** space animals who get seeded higher than me because of their character choice.

Btw, I know the Apex staff reads this thread, and I just want to state that while I love you all as people, this tournament was absolutely terrible from the players end and I have no intention of supporting the Apex series from now on. In fact, I may be done travelling to tournies for awhile, I'm that put off by this whole experience. The sad thing is, I know for a fact I am not alone in this.

You guys worked really hard, much respect, but yeah, I'm done here.

DIP
no one is good at running video game tournaments tbh. when I switched from competitive MTG to smash and then to LoL it was kinda a huge shock just how much better MTG tournies were being run. in retrospect, it's not surprising because MTG makes mad money all the time, so they can afford to have their own rules and tournament organization that handles everything so much better, but it's still disheartening to know that even the largest, most well run fighting game tournies are a ****ing joke next fairly low key MTG tournies.

Sol

Smash Lord
You just have to get lucky and get a nice pool like me. Then people start thinking your good.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
A half hour drive up to Waterbury won't be too much, though, right, Max?

Because less than coming to my tourney I just wanna chill homie.

Also ATDI getting back together is amazing.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
I'm absolutely disheartened to read any of this. It was ****ing hard as hell to do a lot of things for this tournament, and it's fine if you guys won't support us in the future. I felt like we tried really hard to push things in a positive direction and do something different, but I get it. All our work was for nothing but a ****ty experience. Sorry.

Top Bottom