• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidwalker

Smash Rookie
is there a space between the two 0s in FitMarth00? cuz when i tried the code again but with the codes name FitMarth00.pcs it didn't work =/ what else could be wrong?

Voidwalker

Smash Rookie
im sorry if im being annoying it's just i've used way too much time on this :/ but when you said it was called FitMarth00.pcs u later spelled it FitMarth0 0.pcs i will take it that last one was a misclick?
if this is how it's supposed to be then i am in a really bad place because then i dont know what my problem is :/.

Voidwalker

Smash Rookie
it doesn't work... do you think my .gct file is wrong? cuz i used the Pal one in the video i posted

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm really not sure what is wrong...if it said it loaded the codes I don't imagine the .gct could be wrong unless you're missing the code somehow.

The only thing I can think of is if you have your directories wrong, but if the one you listed is the one you have, there shouldn't be a problem.

But then again, I'm not really familiar with the PAL version, so it is entirely possible that there's something different that I don't know.

Dadiro

Smash Rookie
I have been looking around, but I can't seem to find out how to make textures, actually I might have an idea how to, but I need the pcs files of the characters. I only have .pac files wich won't work on the characters. Can anyone PM me the .pcs files?

Thanks.

Voidwalker

Smash Rookie
it...is...COMPLETE!!! thank you for helping me soo much you two. in the end the problem turned out to be that i was using the wrong gct file that the vid gave me :/ jS helped me get the right one :p. but thanks to you two i think i finally understand it!! thank you once again and now i shall go endulge myself in the collory goodness that is texture hacking x]

Vctrx

Smash Cadet
Hm...which sword slash are you using? I'm not sure if there's any other red slashes for Ike, but try using the one from Kitty Corp if it's not the one you're using already. I'm pretty sure I got that one to work.

Also, what are you naming the file? I believe you need to name it FitIke.pac for it to work.
yeah I got the one from kitty corp. I was using 2 files apparently for lucario, one FitLucario one FitLucarioMotionEtc. I chose the second as my example which was my problem. Anyway, it should work. Also, I have a second SD card and would like to use my skins in brawl and not brawl+ (seeing as some of my friends will still prefer brawl or how I would like to play online with my skins if there is any online issues with brawl+). Could someone tell me how to put the skins on the 2nd SD? I'm sure I could figure it out but I just like to be sure on things. hmmm, do I need another kind of gtc file because of codes for skins?...

Lukar

Smash Rookie
I have another question, although this one isn't stupid, I think. How do I use a .TGA file for character portraits in Brawl? For example, I'm wanting to add a portrait of Darkspine Sonic, but I have no clue how to add it.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I have another question, although this one isn't stupid, I think. How do I use a .TGA file for character portraits in Brawl? For example, I'm wanting to add a portrait of Darkspine Sonic, but I have no clue how to add it.
1. download the fixed version of cupash
2. place the common5_en.pac into the neededfiles folder
3. run step1_extract
4. place your file (character#_big/small) into the newfiles folder
5. run step2_create
6. copy the 3 folders created onto your pf folder in your SD card

Lukar

Smash Rookie
1. download the fixed version of cupash
2. place the common5_en.pac into the neededfiles folder
3. run step1_extract
4. place your file (character#_big/small) into the newfiles folder
5. run step2_create
6. copy the 3 folders created onto your pf folder in your SD card
Thanks, but it doesn't seem to do anything when I load up the game. =/

Lukar

Smash Rookie
What did you get in the 3 folders? And you need to rename common5_en.pac to common5.pac
Well, before, it would give me nothing in those folders but a "BRRSTM" file, or something like that. Now that I've renamed coomon5_en.pac, though, it says "ERROR: I can't find any compatible roster file. Please read the instructions. Press any key to continue..." on the prompt window. The Instructions read-me gives me a link to a Meow Mix guide, but the guide isn't there anymore, and I can't find it anywhere on the site.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Well, before, it would give me nothing in those folders but a "BRRSTM" file, or something like that. Now that I've renamed coomon5_en.pac, though, it says "ERROR: I can't find any compatible roster file. Please read the instructions. Press any key to continue..." on the prompt window. The Instructions read-me gives me a link to a Meow Mix guide, but the guide isn't there anymore, and I can't find it anywhere on the site.
Not the one in needed files. The one innew files/system/

imran66

Smash Rookie
to all you pal yousers out there .your all a ****en poffta.im ****en sick of this why the **** dosent the file replacment codes work .tell that phantom wings guy when you make a code ,MAKE SHURE IT WORKS or dont make it at all you ****en ****** go **** yourself.

ALL OF YOUS

Dadiro

Smash Rookie
It seems like my question was ignored.

I have been looking around, but I can't seem to find out how to make textures, actually I might have an idea how to, but I need the pcs files of the characters. I only have .pac files wich won't work on the characters. Can anyone PM me the .pcs files?

Thanks.

Voidwalker

Smash Rookie
on the stage hack part. it says to make the directory pf/stage/melee this mean that the melee stages get placed into the melee folder and the brawl stages into the stage folder outside of the melee folder. but what the directions didn't state were if you have to create a separate folder for each stage and what that folder should be named. could some1 explain if you have to make separate folders for each stage and what these folders should be called, because i'm guessing the codes there were what to name the stage texture file itself. plz help me.

imran66

Smash Rookie
Im Gunna Say This One More Time .any Of You Pal Users Whos Texture Codes Work Can You Send It This Way Cause Ive Triend Every Single File Replacment Code And It Dosent Work.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
to all you pal yousers out there .your all a ****en poffta.im ****en sick of this why the **** dosent the file replacment codes work .tell that phantom wings guy when you make a code ,MAKE SHURE IT WORKS or dont make it at all you ****en ****** go **** yourself.

ALL OF YOUS
Instead of flaming people in totally unintelligible English, why don't you do something productive?

It seems like my question was ignored.
This thread is for putting the texture hacks into the game. This thread is for making them yourself.

on the stage hack part. it says to make the directory pf/stage/melee this mean that the melee stages get placed into the melee folder and the brawl stages into the stage folder outside of the melee folder. but what the directions didn't state were if you have to create a separate folder for each stage and what that folder should be named. could some1 explain if you have to make separate folders for each stage and what these folders should be called, because i'm guessing the codes there were what to name the stage texture file itself. plz help me.
A) The "melee" folder encompasses all Melee AND Brawl stages. The reason there's that separate folder for the regular stages is because any and all SSE textures go in pf/stage/adventure. So nothing goes in pf/stage, except for the two folders.

B) You do not make separate folders for the stages, just put the .pac files in there, named according to the list in the first post.

Dadiro

Smash Rookie
Screw this, I already figured it out myself. I just found out I'm not being helped here. This forum sucks, proceed to ban me. I really don't care.

You won't see me anymore, goodbye.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Screw this, I already figured it out myself. I just found out I'm not being helped here. This forum sucks, proceed to ban me. I really don't care.

You won't see me anymore, goodbye.
Don't throw a temper tantrum, you're asking how to make your own textures in the wrong thread and then complaining because no one's helping you. I have no idea how to make your own textures, which is why I was trying to help you by directing you to the guide thread so you could post for help there.

I don't know why you feel so offended and personally attacked, you can't expect help as soon as you ask for it.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
What exactly do i do with the code manager? ive opened it and i see:

codemanager
-----------------
de.lng
-----------------
en.lng

do i download the code manager to the sd card? and if so, where?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
What exactly do i do with the code manager? ive opened it and i see:

codemanager
-----------------
de.lng
-----------------
en.lng

do i download the code manager to the sd card? and if so, where?
The root of the card.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Ah, thanks. Do I need to put common5.pac (The renamed one, from the systems folder) into needed files? common5_en.pac is already in needed files.

Geez, I feel like a noob. x3
common5_en.pac is the file in your needfiles folder. once you've run it step1_extract once, you probably won't have to do touch that folder again
just copy the file that comes out in your newfiles folder's system folder, and rename that one common5.pac

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I'm kind of new to coding in general and I can't make any textures to work. I read about 20 pages of this thread and did all that was said. I can't make it work.

So, I tried to put a texture for Link, just to try to make it work. I named it FitLink05.pcs. I placed it in a folder named "link", which was under "fighter", "pf", "RSBE", "app", "wii" and then "private". "private" is in the root of the SD card.

For the coding, someone here said that Brawl+ already contained the File Replacement code. Since I already have Brawl+ installed on my card, I didn't bother changing anything; should I?

Now I load up the game with Gecko 1.9.0.1. and it load up Brawl+ all right, but when i choose the white colour for Link, it doesn't change anything on the Select Screen nor during the battle. I give the Wii all the time it needs to load so I don't think that's the problem.
When I try to load with Gecko 1.7, it says "SD error", so I always try and load it with Gecko 1.9.0.1.

I'm using a Canadian Wii if it matters.

Please help me, and thank you.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I checked, and I am already using Brawl+ 4.1B. I tried textures from many different sources and it still doesn't work. Am I doomed?

Is there anything i should erase from my SD card to make it work?

I'm really worried i may never be able to make it work.

Thanks a lot.

Melfice z

Smash Ace
Ive done everything in my power just to get a marth and ike skin. ;_;

now i have the RSBE01 file in the codes folder, homebrew and gecko OS are present on the wii,
and i have my textures under SDcard<private<wii<app<RSBE<pf<fighter<ike<and ichigov02.pac and .pcs. what have i done wrong? im abou to give up >__>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom