• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texas PR - Social Thread

BioDG

Smash Ace
would a reset work?

could it motivate some players to try harder a second time around, especially if they have a low placing atm? other than that, one positive thing i can see about it is cleaning up the list and getting rid of all the random names as well as the retired players.
A partial reset is better than a complete one. Most of the "issues" are based on two years ago or something like that and have lingered ever since, like the "true" retirees sitting around the highest tiers in spite of not touching the game since then. A full reset would needlessly take a crap on those who made great recent performances.

It's not to say either is a solution (I don't know, personally), but that a full reset is definitely not a good one, IMO.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If the PR is based on singles results only, then...

DERP.

:phone:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've already talked to Kyle about it before.
I haven't gotten any bracket or whatnot for Mizumi. :applejack:

Denti

Smash Master
As far as I know I've sent in all battle networks. Let me know specifically if you need a certain one in case I forgot. Also I'll send you Rev 11 now.

So S tier is like the F tier black hole. While F tier players are stuck in F tier till they're like at least C tier material, I just keep getting points in S tier. Wtf is this??? lololol

edit: Sync, what Xyro did was contact people directly, via PM or text or FB. Try that if people aren't sending in the tournament files quick enough. It worked for me, I just forget to send that stuff in.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Wasn't directed at you... but whatever.
I'm in C-tier, I lost 2 points since the last update. Possibility I lost points cause of beating someone 2/3 tiers lower then me, or I think I didn't attend anything since Woodlawn (mizumi not in yet) that I lost 2 points.

Not sure, kinda why I'm asking the people who update it Denti. Not being rude towards you though.

Denti

Smash Master
I thought you were talking to me lol. Anyways, you can't lose points if you beat someone.

edit: also I really think that BN7 was added. Dojo went up like 30 points. I guess it just wasn't added to the list of tournaments added.

Tesh

Smash Hero
As far as I know I've sent in all battle networks. Let me know specifically if you need a certain one in case I forgot. Also I'll send you Rev 11 now.

So S tier is like the F tier black hole. While F tier players are stuck in F tier till they're like at least C tier material, I just keep getting points in S tier. Wtf is this??? lololol

edit: Sync, what Xyro did was contact people directly, via PM or text or FB. Try that if people aren't sending in the tournament files quick enough. It worked for me, I just forget to send that stuff in.
sounds like the nature of seeding to me. best vs worst. once you climb out of F tier, you have a better shot at facing someone you might beat.
Wasn't directed at you... but whatever.
I'm in C-tier, I lost 2 points since the last update. Possibility I lost points cause of beating someone 2/3 tiers lower then me, or I think I didn't attend anything since Woodlawn (mizumi not in yet) that I lost 2 points.

Not sure, kinda why I'm asking the people who update it Denti. Not being rude towards you though.
Might just be Sync correcting names and whatnot. If a fix adjusted the points of someone you beat or lost too, it would affect the amout of points you lost or gained.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Thanks for being on your stuff guys. About the partial shift of points of people not attending tournaments: it's exactly what Tesh said, Zac confirmed that is just me fixing the double names and causing small ripple effects on other players.

So to my understanding is I'm receiving BM7 and Rev11 today correct?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
At this rate, Sync. You'll only get Tio files if you ask the TO's for it through E-mail or something.
I mean... we're still kinda waiting for Kyle to give ya the Mizumi Con file, unless he's done that already.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
why would you go to spain? you aint a mexico. if you spell "spain" backwards you get 'thats a ****ty country, america is better"
For Magic the Gatherhing Pro Tour Barcelona. It was a world-wide tournament. I played against 15 people not from the US, all pros. I ended up getting 17th, taking home $2000 and snatching an invite to the next pro tour. Magic srs business =O

Also, I learned that I need to learn more spanish lolol...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just run up to people and yell "Ahi esta!"

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ Good lord, I was wondering how 17th place gets 2000 dollars.

Top Bottom