• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Texas Apex Qualifier] Apocalypse 1!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Gnes lost to Razer and Trela and he got 7th?

Definitely need to seed by location more so its not so subjective. Houston was only like 15% of the tournament, we should have been separated a bit better.

Aside from Gnes being double eliminated by Houston and placing outside the money, nothing seems too bizarre though.

Didn't get to play much, but I had a good time overall.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Gnes and razer dont dominate anymore? Your are right, gnes/razer didnt win teams and razer didnt beat you in singles.

Ah so you used MK before in bracket. I smell a hypocrite. :awesome:
not at all. ive never dropped my main nor 2nd mk.

Denti

Smash Master
@ slush - yeah after this tournament razer beat me for the first time in a year. Ok thanks for using current results to describe how I should have seeded before the tournament just so you get an opportunity to go after me. Also Dojo lost to Infern and ****ed up the bracket.

Also to Tesh it was one seed. I should have been swapped with like trela. That would have fixed everything.

God Maybe TO'ing isnt for me. The support was there and now one thing I admitted I messed up with seeding and ya'll ride my ass until I look terribly bad. Thanks for helping **** out.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You just hosted the biggest (non-whobo) tournament TX has seen in like 3 years. There are alot of good things to say, but thats just not how we roll in Houston.

@seeding, I'm just saying seeding by location should be top priority when TX hasn't come together like this in half a year. Even ignoring the fact that the 4 best players in the state all are from Houston, people came a long way to fight people they carpool with.

Denti

Smash Master
I never disagreed with you tesh. One swap and that all would have been fixed. You literally jumped into the coversation like this

P4- " u fuked up seeding here"
Denti. - "Oh **** I did, wont happen again"
tesh - " hey denti you ****ed up the seeding there"
Denti - "yeah i know"
Tesh - "this is why you should have changed that seeding you ****ed up"

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
@ slush - yeah after this tournament razer beat me for the first time in a year.
Isn't that cause he didn't enter a tournament since Apex 2013?

he did quit. hasnt played in 11months

but when he heard Bear and other old friends were going, he decided to go.
Also it's not just using it as a chance to go after you, just what you did is questionable lol.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
@ slush - yeah after this tournament razer beat me for the first time in a year. Ok thanks for using current results to describe how I should have seeded before the tournament just so you get an opportunity to go after me. Also Dojo lost to Infern and ****ed up the bracket.

Also to Tesh it was one seed. I should have been swapped with like trela. That would have fixed everything.

God Maybe TO'ing isnt for me. The support was there and now one thing I admitted I messed up with seeding and ya'll ride my *** until I look terribly bad. Thanks for helping **** out.

DENTI SHAME ON YOU I CANT BELIEVE THIS MY TOURNAMENT EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN RUINED FOR LIFE I DONT THINK I CAN EVER ATTEND/RUN ANOTHER EVER FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE BECAUSE OF YOUR MESS UP IN FACT I THINK YOU AND ME SHOULD MEET UP HALF WAY BETWEEN DALLAS/HOUSTON AND COMMIT SUICIDE BECAUSE OF HOW BAD/NOT FUN/SMALL/BORING APOCALYPSE WAS OK GOOD SO YOU AGREE ALRIGHT THEN ILL SEE YOU IN 2.5 HOURS AND WE SHALL END OURSELVES SHAME ON YOU AND ME

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Nothing, taking a quote you said on razer not entering tournaments in awhile. It's directed at Denti still.

When you think about it actually, Gnes and Razer not entering tournaments in probably 10 months/since Apex and still doing pretty damn well in a stacked tournament like this. You'd think that they'd get seeded higher.

For Trela tho, he's come down to SA with Leaf/Since a couple times and entered tournaments we had here and played a bit at my place. Tho I may be getting Mizumicon 4/5 mixed up. I forget.

Sanji Himura

Smash Journeyman
God Maybe TO'ing isnt for me. The support was there and now one thing I admitted I messed up with seeding and ya'll ride my *** until I look terribly bad. Thanks for helping **** out.
Get that attitude out of your head. Tesh is right, you just hosted the biggest non-WHOBO Brawl tournament that Texas has seen in three or so years. Take that experience and build upon that. Against my better judgment, if you want my help, just say so and I'll be right there to help better manage your next one. I would be in a similar situation as you were, but I can micromanage pretty well, so I have that going for me.

Denti

Smash Master
DENTI SHAME ON YOU I CANT BELIEVE THIS MY TOURNAMENT EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN RUINED FOR LIFE I DONT THINK I CAN EVER ATTEND/RUN ANOTHER EVER FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE BECAUSE OF YOUR MESS UP IN FACT I THINK YOU AND ME SHOULD MEET UP HALF WAY BETWEEN DALLAS/HOUSTON AND COMMIT SUICIDE BECAUSE OF HOW BAD/NOT FUN/SMALL/BORING APOCALYPSE WAS OK GOOD SO YOU AGREE ALRIGHT THEN ILL SEE YOU IN 2.5 HOURS AND WE SHALL END OURSELVES SHAME ON YOU AND ME
Lets meet up and have a suicide party! Great idea! I'll bring Mario party

Sync.

Smash Champion
I looked over the numeric seeding of Houston players, but I didn't look over bracket placement. I just seeded us by our skill and let Denti do the rest (just to clarify).

Anyway, Denti this tournament was ****ing awesome best time I've had in a long time and it was much needed for me too. You should always have TOs from other areas look over the bracket because it's hard to catch mistakes when only one set of tired eyes are looking at it. Don't be all whiny we're just being salty because we literally played people we play in my living room nearly every other day haha. It just sucked that most of Houston ended up eliminating each other.

Also, another suggestion to make you a little better at TOing is to enforce a little stricter set of rules. People leaving without notifying the TO table was really hurting the tournament (probably could have saved a good hour and fifteen minutes). Set-ups were a problem but that really isn't your fault and plus the amount of people showing wasn't expected anyway.

All in all great tournament man, there was godlike housing, streaming, commentary (huehuehuehue) and competition. I hope this really got people hyped for WHOBO. Good **** to all of my Houston boys and nice seeing all of the people I don't see often (Dphat, Doj, all of you ****** that live really far away).

WE OUT

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure denti has played against razer more than I have. So technically speaking that means I'm 1-2 with razer while denti is 1-XXXX
Huehuehuehue I gotz a better record :p

Denti

Smash Master
No razer I beat you 2-0 once, then you beat me the next 2 times, then our final set before you quit I made your ***** ass rage quit. You just ran off the stage game 5 and I was up 160%. DONT FORGET! I DONT FORGET YOUR SALT!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Twice. Congratufreakinglations. This is why I bodied you in your house after a year without touching the game LOL.

Good luck beating me again as I'll never enter 1v1. Forever 20+ wins, 2 (really only one) losses. Owned.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
So you'd only count the last 2 times we played over a year ago? Makes effing sense. Looks like I moved up 1-0 in the present. Owned.

Denti

Smash Master
I have better **** to do with my life than prove myself to your trash talk. Actually quit this game for once. I could tell by the way you threw your Wii mote vs Pwii that you still cared. Don't act like you don't.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
I think everyone is missing what's really important here...I would have won the tournament if not for the need to get *******

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Everyone lucky I didn't enter singles, I would of corrected the bracket in losers also Denti get *****. Regardless Houston complaining makes no sense, if you're that good who cares about the bracket and just play, going to loser early isn't that bad and all the upsets make the bracket seeding look worst then it really is. Regardless glad to see all my brethren live and kicking miss tx smash scene and wish I could of stayed longer. Also duffie I'm sorry I couldn't stay long (honestly didn't think I would last that long in double), if I knew that I would of teamed with you just didn't want to ditch you half way.

Top Bottom