• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
cry moar

10scrubs

Whatever my opinion on Brawl, I don't see Meta being banned unless west coast or east coast starts to do it too. If you have to ban a normally selectable character, that definently spells doom for a game to even be on a competitive level.

There were 6 Chun Li's out of the top 8 characters for 3rd Strike at Evo World 2008. Should they ban her too?

Besides, Xyro ain't permanently banning him either.
you CANNOT compare ANY fighting game to a NON fighting game(brawl). EVERYTHING about brawl is 100% different than ANY FIGHTING GAME. why dont people get this?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
you CANNOT compare ANY fighting game to a NON fighting game(brawl). EVERYTHING about brawl is 100% different than ANY FIGHTING GAME. why dont people get this?
Seriously! Have you not SEEN how Samus plays? It's more of a 3rd person shooter than a fighter! :laugh:

CY

Smash Ace
nah u like punch ppl in both gaymes n u also kick ppl lol it hurts sumtimes esp if itz super hard like g4n0n

sum ppl also has sords, like marth lol and meta night!

but also ppl like peech shes just a gurl lol lke how does she hert? she jus sl4p and ****. she neds to be co0king or cleening lol.

idk its ghey sumtimes imo

Van Jones

Smash Lord
nah u like punch ppl in both gaymes n u also kick ppl lol it hurts sumtimes esp if itz super hard like g4n0n

sum ppl also has sords, like marth lol and meta night!

but also ppl like peech shes just a gurl lol lke how does she hert? she jus sl4p and ****. she neds to be co0king or cleening lol.

idk its ghey sumtimes imo
Nice

10bears

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
O SHI BEAH WITH THAT PEDO SEAL OF APPROVAL! Wario does not approve; Weegee does however.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'm not referring to specific gameplay in any way. It was a fairly general comparison.

Normally I would agree with anyone on this statement, but character selection, whether it's Goldeneye or Pokemon, is something prevalent in many game genres.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
That reminds me. You guys should come to the PnT series. its pretty fun and has some great players. Roy and Furbs usually come, Ozz comes when he can xD, and my crew are there every time. 5 dollar entry this sat, hit me up on my cell (832-922-5968) Or D'Angelo (281-300-8039) if you have any questions.

fear17

Smash Apprentice
That reminds me. You guys should come to the PnT series. its pretty fun and has some great players. Roy and Furbs usually come, Ozz comes when he can xD, and my crew are there every time. 5 dollar entry this sat, hit me up on my cell (832-922-5968) Or D'Angelo (281-300-8039) if you have any questions.
when?where?:confused:

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Its on the front page for a bit more info.

Venue name: Play N' Trade (PN# 281-933-4263)

Date: (2008 Nov-March 2009)

(((Every 2nd/3rd/4th Week in the month)))

Series Kick-Off Nov 15 2008
Series Semi-Finals March 7 & 14 2009
Series Finals March 21 & 28 2009
Series Ending March 28 2009

Time:

Registration begins at 12:00 Noon
Late Sign up's begins at 1:30pm
Tournament begins at 2:00pm

Fees:

5$ (2nd and 3rd/Week in the month) ((Weekly's))
10$ (4th Week/End of the month) ((Monthly's))

There's also plenty of food spots around for you hungry people. They are ever saturday that there's no HOBO or other big tournament. On the 3rd saturday, the fee is 10$ but the cash pot is bigger also.

garrR

Smash Apprentice
i would seriously consider the pnt series if it wasn't single elimination! i went to one awhile back. single elim sucks... is there any chance of running it double elim? i would definitely come since i live like a stoplight away :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
we are trying to get them to do double elimination. it would **** so hard. but it'd take longer, lol we need more than 2 setups

Xyro77

I'm not referring to specific gameplay in any way. It was a fairly general comparison.

Normally I would agree with anyone on this statement, but character selection, whether it's Goldeneye or Pokemon, is something prevalent in many game genres.
goldeneye and perfect dark were so fun back in the day. by far the best shooting games ive ever played.

pokemans red was good too.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
let me know when they do, and i'll be sure to go :)
I talked to D Angelo about this earlier. I dont think he's up for double elim, he says that people wont bring there A game knowing they have a second chance. I still advise you to come though garr, only 5 dollars. If we get more people though, I can talk him into doing it.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I talked to D Angelo about this earlier. I dont think he's up for double elim, he says that people wont bring there A game knowing they have a second chance. I still advise you to come though garr, only 5 dollars. If we get more people though, I can talk him into doing it.
tell him that people actually want double elim

double elim = more people = more $$ pnt makes....

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I'll call him tmrw. I'll try to convince him, but he also didnt want to do double elim cause of time. I'll tell him to try and actually start it at one though.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
If you have to ban a normally selectable character, that definently spells doom for a game to even be on a competitive level.

whether or not the game sucks chodes is also a large factor

and in case you're wondering, yes, brawl does indeed suck chodes

edit: lots of them in fact

takeurlife2

Smash Ace

you are juzt bug eww like meta is bug he flies n st00f and needs to die and go away cause hez lol dumgay lolz

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I love moufs posts

also stiltz, Team Fortress 2......you need to get it son!

steam I.D. is CiC_Furbs

Edit: u too cesar

heytallman

CTALL
They're classics, but seriously they didn't age well. The controls are terrible compared to today's shooters.

If you ask me Call of Duty 4 takes the place of the best FPS of our time.
I popped in GoldenEye the other day and had no problems with the controls. The only real thing different by today's standards is the lack of another analog stick. Besides that, I still found it easy to control.

But I do agree with you, CoD4 is incredible.

CY

Smash Ace
socom 1 > socom 2 > halo 3 > goldeneye > every other shooter.

also COD4 was alright, it was just way too easy. honestly it's whoever sees each othr first. i played cod4 for about 2 weeks, realized it was way too easy and sold it lol.

Xyro77

I was reading in another thread and this came to mind.

HOBO13 is gonna have 1vs 1 2vs2 and low tier. if there is time on day 2......CREWS!

Gnes

Smash Master
They're classics, but seriously they didn't age well. The controls are terrible compared to today's shooters.

If you ask me Call of Duty 4 takes the place of the best FPS of our time.
Ugh...its so easy though...idk what i would say as the best FPS of our time is...all things considered Gears of War 2...its ****ing amazing

Teams over everything...seriously its the most fun thing that happens at a tournament......low tier well be so boring...

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
halo is a series of averages

It's all about anything on the source engine......that and bioshock/systemshock/COD4

Edit: Halo = Warhammer 40K.

Replace
marneus calgar with master chief
Eldrad ulthran with the arbiter
Chaos demons with flood
and necrons with the sentinel and there u go

Top Bottom