• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
honestly, single elim is stupid. i wont attend the events. but i want ALL of you guys to attend it for the training and for the fun.

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
I hear they use laggy tvs so I'm gonna bring a set up or two to hopefully rectify that. Everyone else that usually attends should do the same. Not only will we solve the laggy tv problem, but the single elimination one as well.

Bear: Will jeff and evan be there?

BTW, I can't believe I got second in the voting for houston's rankings. I guess it takes three didn't plays/got last place tourney performances to get knocked down a spot or two.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
I hear they use laggy tvs so I'm gonna bring a set up or two to hopefully rectify that. Everyone else that usually attends should do the same. Not only will we solve the laggy tv problem, but the single elimination one as well.

Bear: Will jeff and evan be there?

BTW, I can't believe I got second in the voting for houston's rankings. I guess it takes three didn't plays/got last place tourney performances to get knocked down a spot or two.
Actually, they fixed the laggy tv problem. But only two screens. Plus, there's no room for tv's since all the tv's are hooked up on the wall. I'll tell them to get the cables for the other tv's sp we can have at least 4 screens. Good to hear you guys plan to come =]

Stiltzskin

Smash Apprentice
Actually, they fixed the laggy tv problem. But only two screens. Plus, there's no room for tv's since all the tv's are hooked up on the wall. I'll tell them to get the cables for the other tv's sp we can have at least 4 screens. Good to hear you guys plan to come =]
Yea, I hope to come. But if the problems I've heard about aren't corrected, I won't really be motivated to come. : (

garrR

Smash Apprentice
I talked to D Angelo about this earlier. I dont think he's up for double elim, he says that people wont bring there A game knowing they have a second chance. I still advise you to come though garr, only 5 dollars. If we get more people though, I can talk him into doing it.
thats a pretty ridiculous reason for not having double elim. time is a legitimate reason, but thinking that people won't "bring their A game" doesn't sound reasonable to me.

double elim gives more matches. when i go to tournaments, i want to play as many matches as i can.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Ok, I just talked to him. He said no double elim, mainly because him, and other people have things to do afterwards. Also, there will be no lag on the tv's but we need two wii systems with a copy of brawl. Just bring it in your car, and pm me that you will bring one so I can post that we dont need anymore. This is just the kick off, so everyone can see how it goes, and a good way to have fun and keep playing consistantly. (He said something like that) xD.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
call of duty 4 is fun as hell, but i agree you die a bit too fast/is easy. gears of war 2 is a great game but i do not like it very much myself i find the controls a little awkward, and the shooting reticules are way weird for me.

about pnt: wow so many people don't like single elim and Deangelo still wont do double elim. tell him to start earlier/get more setups. that way it can end around 4-5...i think someone should just do small biweeklies... pnt can suck my ****

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Hooray, random smash events! :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Oh, to OHSNAP or the weeklies?

For OHSNAP, I seriously doubt I can go, unless someone takes me for free and pays for everything. And I know everyone would just jump on the opportunity to throw money away, lawl. I would love whoever does this forever though.
For the weeklies...meh. I'll see what I can do. :)

heytallman

CTALL
How so? That is just one person's list. It's an opinion. It has nothing to do with the SBR.
Whooooops, my bad. I somehow read that as a new official stage ruleset. At least, my friend who linked it to me gave it to me as that. I guess I just saw that he was a mod and in the SBR and I just jumped to conclusions. And it didn't help that the guy named his topic "Improved Competetive Brawl Ruleset"

Disregard my last post, but I don't suck ****s. But God, how I rage'd when I read it.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
*is bored*

lets do something on my b-day(tomorrow)........family will get boring after a while.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Sweet, Allan is a true adult now...age-wise.

Let's celebrate with some Dr Peppers. :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
wow so many people are gonna go to pnt. its gonna fail SO hard with single elim and 2 setups....i hope deangelo realizes this and changes some **** up

TheJerm

Smash Champion
wow so many people are gonna go to pnt. its gonna fail SO hard with single elim and 2 setups....i hope deangelo realizes this and changes some **** up
I think it'll work out. Since its single elim, so 3 set ups are fine. Its not 2. And I dont think single elim is enough to make a 5 dollar tourny fail.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, we still coming. And me getting roy first every tournament is just bad luck xD But this time it'll be bad luck for him when he gets knocked out >=]

garrR

Smash Apprentice
let me know how the pnt tournament goes lol.

flip told me he was considering going, but i haven't talked to him in a few days.

Top Bottom