• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea I know how santi plays.He's really good and I ask for advice from him.I couldn't play him last hobo cuz i was at a tv playing alot of matches but this next one ill be sure to play him.I also saw the match he had with you.It was really close but he got you in the end ;)
yess, he did D: But it was a good match. I would like to get matched up with him in a official tourney match >=]

Conker315

Smash Lord
@stealth:Yea dude look for me next hobo..ill be sure to play you.My appearance might be white with orange and sum jeans..with a orange controller.Look for Conka on the tv's ill be most likely playing around the back where the drinks are at or all the way to the end where m2k was at.

@jerm:That be awesome :)..well it could happen dude u never know.Btw did u enter the tournament?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
yea, I entered, but drowned in my pool D: but since there's no MK this time, I cant get 3 MK's in my pool

/end MK johns

Conker315

Smash Lord
Hah I had xyro...the best samus in houston imo..then everyone else picked ike except for a didi K player...I suck against Ike for some reason but this time ill be sure not to get owned by them.
Im looking forward to seeing the results on this next hobo.No MK for 1 tourny dont seem fair to those who main him but thats why you got to have a back up.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Yea, I dont agree on the MK ban, but whatever. Even if the MK's was here, I'd still own them! lol. And I wanna play xyro, havnt played a samus yet.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hah I had xyro...the best samus in houston imo..then everyone else picked ike except for a didi K player...I suck against Ike for some reason but this time ill be sure not to get owned by them.
Im looking forward to seeing the results on this next hobo.No MK for 1 tourny dont seem fair to those who main him but thats why you got to have a back up.
Didn't everyone have good people in their pools? <.<

One of my friends at school was in the same pool as you, he uses Link and Ike

Conker315

Smash Lord
Didn't everyone have good people in their pools? <.<

One of my friends at school was in the same pool as you, he uses Link and Ike
You mean dingding?
He didnt even use his link on me.
3 people from my pool only used Ike against me :(
They saw I had trouble with him so they took it as an advantage :'( oh well i guess ill try harder next time.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
I've never seen you at any of the tournys xD
probably because you don't know what i look like surely...but i know what you look like and i seen you plenty of times i just never said anything because you where always playin someone

like the hobo 10 i seen you...but you where playin hylian so i walked away and played pimpslap and other ppl

KRDsonic

Smash Master
probably because you don't know what i look like surely...but i know what you look like and i seen you plenty of times i just never said anything because you where always playin someone

like the hobo 10 i seen you...but you where playin hylian so i walked away and played pimpslap and other ppl
Just come up to me anyways xD. If I'm in a match I'll still talk and Brawl after I'm done.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i played melee this weekend and therefore dont ever want to play brawl again - i'm probably no longer going to this unless i cant go to that huge melee tourney in alberta - then i'll come and play melee at this tourney lol

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
^^ Hope you can't go to that huge melee tourney in alberta. I, for one, would enjoy seeing your shiek place high at HObo12.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
XD How did Gimpy get banned points?

And I agree with him lol everyone should play ssbm one more time and see if they want to switch back to ssbb
Gimpy gave himself banned points.
Cept HIS ban points are like the ones in whose line is it anyway. they don't matter :)

And most of us still love melee. We play brawl because it's where the competition and the tournys and the moneys are. We play it in the hopes of evolving the metagame to a point that maybe, just maybe, it might feel like melee again.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
And I agree with him lol
I don't agree with him lol. Everyone should be entitled to their own decision making; whether it be playing checkers over a video game or spending more time makin love to their gf than taking a dump at a nearby gas station.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I think we should give Daimonster some ban points XD

If anyone wants to play SSBM with me just contact me on AIM or send me PM please. I need some help training. I want to be able to beat Dawn

TheJerm

Smash Champion
Sad to hear gimpy doesnt want to play brawl D: I still love melee, but I also like brawl. I also played melee this past weekend, and i did miss all the L canceling, shuffling, wavedashing, etc, but I feel that brawl is gonna rise to become a great game like melee. Just because of the competitive ness evolving the game. Then, when/if there's another smash bros game that comes out, I'll hate on it, saying I'll stick with brawl. Then make the switch, cause it'll still be a fun game with alot of compitition, which is why I play fighting games.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Wanna know another competitive game? Marvel vs Capcom2. It's older than melee and has just as much if not more advanced techniques to it. Here's a year and 1/2 old vid of high level play. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0pigXgzrKU

Street fighter 3 (3rd strike) is as old as melee is. Yet another game that has some extremely difficult, frame-by-frame, advanced techniques that make practicing lots of fun.

These two games have lots of competition going for them. Try picking one up and having fun if brawl doesn't appeal to you.

P.S-Anybody at HOBO12 (if it's hosted at PlanetZero) wanna get some of these games in for fun? I enjoyed playing lots of players at the Mvc2 and 3s cabinets. They keep their cabinets in top shape and houston should be grateful to have such beautiful cabinets.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
Sad to hear gimpy doesnt want to play brawl D: I still love melee, but I also like brawl. I also played melee this past weekend, and i did miss all the L canceling, shuffling, wavedashing, etc, but I feel that brawl is gonna rise to become a great game like melee. Just because of the competitive ness evolving the game. Then, when/if there's another smash bros game that comes out, I'll hate on it, saying I'll stick with brawl. Then make the switch, cause it'll still be a fun game with alot of compitition, which is why I play fighting games.
QFT

10newsmashgames

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Street fighter 3 (3rd strike) is as old as melee is. Yet another game that has some extremely difficult, frame-by-frame, advanced techniques that make practicing lots of fun.
I saw this vid of this guy name Daigo "parry" some **** idk, my friend said it's almost as equivalent to teching some ****s like 9 times... but harder.

Here is said video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuA5we0RZU

You can see chun-li's goodies >:p

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Excuse me good sirs:

I need to know who is coming to my tournament this weekend. All of Dallas is coming, so we need plenty of rep from Houston! We can get you free housing and the venue is amazingly cool with a 3S cabinet on free play. If you come, you are also welcome to come to my place after for a BBQ and boozing. PM me or post if you're coming!

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
Wanna know another competitive game? Marvel vs Capcom2. It's older than melee and has just as much if not more advanced techniques to it. Here's a year and 1/2 old vid of high level play. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0pigXgzrKU

These two games have lots of competition going for them. Try picking one up and having fun if brawl doesn't appeal to you.

P.S-Anybody at HOBO12 (if it's hosted at PlanetZero) wanna get some of these games in for fun? I enjoyed playing lots of players at the Mvc2 and 3s cabinets. They keep their cabinets in top shape and houston should be grateful to have such beautiful cabinets.
man this guy knows his stuff

melee is like the mvc2 of nintendo, and I think I will have to agree with you this games requires INSANE skills to play at a high competitive level I personally think mvc2 has one of the hardest learning curves in any fighting game even more than melee. This game has some has an insane competitive scene. Pros making 1000-3000 dollars matches at tourneys , its crazy

street fighter 3 3rd strike is also has a big learning curve specially because of the parrying system of the game (which is amazing), this one requires A LOT mindgames to play

and yeah I'll play you in these games if you want (if hosted at planet zero) oh and btw they haven't really kept up with maintenance on their cabinets lately the 3s canites was in bad shape. Horrible screen, stiff aracde stick , you had to smash the buttons for the game to detect the move etc.

I saw this vid of this guy name Daigo "parry" some **** idk, my friend said it's almost as equivalent to teching some ****s like 9 times... but harder.

Here is said video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtuA5we0RZU

You can see chun-li's goodies >:p
haha classic video and yeah that super is on of the hardest to parry in the game, pros are used to it though and even then they sometimes miss it

Top Bottom