• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Woot, tourny is so soon! I must do good in the tournament since I'll be using the name Tails Doll! I don't wanna disrespect the curse :p

On a side note, apparently this 1 picture I posted of Tails Doll scared some people at gamefaqs xD.

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Xyro your probably not gonna read this but im gonna come at like right before 12 so i can help with the set up. I feel obligated to.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will be accepting all MM's at the tournament. Just ask me there if you have a MM with me :).

I am going to bed now. Good luck everyone :). This is gonna be fun.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
Shiken, MM me!! Your d3 vs my diddy.
aw, not d3 vs luigi? xD
alright, I'll accept, its a disadvantage for d3 but i'll just have to hope your not crazy good with diddy like ninjalink or something. how much? $1 or $5?

Woot, tourny is today, I only got 5 hours of sleep last night so it better last me through the tourny :p
haha, i got 6! .... now to drive 3 hours to houston -_- ....while everyone else in the van gets to sleep.... *******s.... :laugh:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
haha, i got 6! .... now to drive 3 hours to houston -_- ....while everyone else in the van gets to sleep.... *******s.... :laugh:
Driving for 3 hours must be tiring I'd think.

Hmm... still 4 hours before 12, guess I should practice against computers or something... <.< Idk, maybe I should relearn how to chain grab with Ice Climbers since I'm so bad at it.

Shiken

Smash Journeyman
must be worse for dallas peoples. hence why i have my tournies in waco, equal distance for both (pretty much) =D

Esca

Smash Champion
Still wish i knew wtf a scooby match is... GL today

---Take

---------------------------------

EDIT: 5$ shiken

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
Those of you that haven't left yet still on smashboards:

I will $1 MM almost ANYONE
Just walk up to me at HOBO and ask.

Here's a picture of me and my biitches so ya'll know kinda what i look like:

...biitches not included :)

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
No, he's correct, teams first.

Also, I'm bringing a majillion TVs (OK, actually 9 - but that's still a lot), soooo bring your wii and Brawl at least if you can't bring a full set-up (only a full set-up gets you the venue fee waived though). The more set-ups, the more quickly it goes, and the more mm/friendlies can go on.

Also, I rock. That is all. See ya'll there.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
teams first is fine,
it's the standard out in socal, and it lets teams have a bigger turn-out as opposed to there always being 8-14 teams

Conker315

Smash Lord
i enjoyed playing ure olimar zori..best olimar i seen so far.
Also pianodudes lucas is ownage..love ure combo. gj on tkain down fear.
Cant wait for the next 1..ill try to join the singles there.

jaggedShrapnel

Smash Cadet
Just got back from the tourny, it was really fun like always. Good to see you guys again!
Now for some shoutouts:

DingDing: I can't believe you go to our school! What are the chances?! You have a really good Ike.
Sammi: You're so shy! You didn't say one word our entire match! You're pretty cute though. :embarrass:laugh: Keep working on your Pikachu, it's not half bad.
Dreoh: I owned you with your own suit pieces! Lol, I think you'd do a bit better as zamus if you didn't use forward B so much. You owned me on Corneria though!
Zori: Nice to see you again, I played a few friendlies with you at the last tourny. You have a MAD Olimar. Keep it up.
FailD: lul jk
heytallman: Nice seeing you again too. I wanna have some friendlies with you next time ok?
Nore: I had a falcon ditto with you at HOBO 8, we should do that again sometime.
Jimboooooooo: I never get tired of your name. :laugh: you're pretty good at DDR. You still play StepMania weird though. :p

If I forgot anyone I'm sorry, I'm a bit tired after the 8 1/2 hours I was there.
Btw, if you don't know me I'm the guy who was with KRD/Tails Doll the whole time. My brawl name is jS.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I'm back from the tourny, I lost early :p Like I kept saying, I wasn't ready for this tourny xD. I haven't used my Ice Climbers in a while, so they weren't good for the tourny, so instead I used Sheik at this tourny.

Best part about the tourny: I met two of my old friends from back in middle school there (I don't remember what names they used at the tourny though, I think one of them used a name with "fool" in the name somewhere). They were actually pretty good too o.o One uses Pit, the other uses Fox, and I watched their doubles match against Hylian and Seth and those matches were pretty darn close.

I also met someone from my school there.

Well, this is how the tourny went for me :D

Doubles: jS and I had to fight Gea and (I forgot the name of your partner, sorry) in the first round, tough matches. Our Peach and G&W team failed, and so did our double Fox.

Looser's bracket we fought Zori and Ozz and also lost lol. I used Zelda both times in those, but I didn't really know what I was doing with her xD, just take a few steps, up smash, take a few more steps, Din's Fire hoping jS would bucket it, but he never did D:

Singles:

I fought (I think his name was) SmilySector first. I tried using my Ice Climbers, and he used Kirby, I lost, so I figured I'd give up on Ice Climbers for this tourny, since I'm out of practice with them, so I counterpicked Sheik and Lylat Cruise, which ended up giving me that win, but then lost the next match.

Looser's bracket, I fought someone, I continued using Sheik, and he used Fox the first match. I two stocked him, so he counterpicked Peach and Delphino Plaza, and I two stocked him again.

Then I fought a Marth who I think said their name was Kel or something, anyways, they had Ranger in their name at the tourny. I used Sheik again both matches, he beat me pretty badly the first match, 2nd match was a little closer, though it was odd that we kept doing melee combos lol.

Anyways:

Heytallman: Fun Random Character Money Match. Before our matches I said "I hope I don't end up with Jigglypuff, Ike, or Link" since I suck with them, and yet I ended up as Jigglypuff in the first match and Link in the next two xD. And I somehow won o.O

Hylian: Sorry I had to leave, so we didn't get to finnish the Sonic vs. Diddy MM, but we finnished the RCMM at least. That's still funny how 3 out of 4 matches, one of us would end up with bowser lol. I was surprised when random gave you Mr. Game & Watch in your color lol.

Xyro: Very fun tourny, can't wait til the next PZ.

Zori: Your Olimar looked really good, too bad you had to leave so soon in the tournament, you probably would've done really well.

And I'm really tired right now so I'm probably forgetting a lot of people, sorry D:

Pretty much in the end, I went Sheik for this tourny, not IC.

Conker315

Smash Lord
Sammi: You're so shy! You didn't say one word our entire match! You're pretty cute name is jS.
Yes XD
i forgot who named their team "i think sammi is hot"but yea it was expected cuz u r hot =].. good team names in today also btw..some where funny :D
I lost early on those...i should of done singles..me n my team mate had no experience or tactics on playing together side by side..

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Man I sucked so much. I got so nervous and didn't get to play the way i usually do. There was so many people there i got so scared and basically wasted my $15. Maybe if i buy the game i can keep from getting too nervous again. (Donations? :p) I'm gonna need more tourney experience to learn how to keep my cool. If you saw me, you wouldn't be able to tell but inside i was vibrating as much as the controllers were every match.

People I saw that i know from this thread (bolded are people i fought): Kieth+Teeth, HeyTallman, BadnewsBear, Axxo, KRD, Nore, Xyro (is it Zero or Zy-ro?), Hylian, Dojo, Sethlon, and maybe one more i can't remember.

Loser's bracket, I fought someone, I continued using Sheik, and he used Fox the first match. I two stocked him, so he counterpicked Peach and Delphino Plaza, and I two stocked him again.
That was me! :(:urg::ohwell::(:urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg::urg:

I really do need more experience. Everyone i fought against used characters i never fought against, so it was soooo hard.

SHOUT OUTS!!!!!!!!!
None cuz i is teh sore loosurz...

Seriously though, i hope i can get you guys back for pwning me (except Nore:)). GGs

I HATE TEH TOURNEYS!!!!!!!!!!
I think i would be better at smashfests.

I

*Icebox

Man I sucked so much. I got so nervous and didn't get to play the way i usually do. There was so many people there i got so scared and basically wasted my $15. Maybe if i buy the game i can keep from getting too nervous again. (Donations? :p) I'm gonna need more tourney experience to learn how to keep my cool. If you saw me, you wouldn't be able to tell but inside i was vibrating as much as the controllers were every match.

I HATE TEH TOURNEYS!!!!!!!!!!
I think i would be better at smashfests.

At least you were able to go :(

SideEffect

Smash Journeyman
HAHA. Of course, thats all brawl is. And you paid to see it!

So, did the great Jeremy Feifer actually show up to this? : )

Conker315

Smash Lord
Eh, you didn't miss much. Just a bunch of n00bs that pwned. And spammed. And picked Meta and Snake!!
no....
majority didnt even use meta or snake.
Just the same as always like t-rex and the team "less suck" one o fhtme used MK
and some other ppl
alot used didi kong and olimar.

you probably omly played against snakes and MK and not the other guys like around tv 7 & 5..they had different characters.

If u where smart u should of moved to a different area and play other people. Thats what i did..i won sone and lost some.I also got to see santi's TL which i learned alot from him just by watching him.

I

*Icebox

no....
majority didnt even use meta or snake.
Just the same as always like t-rex and the team "less suck" one o fhtme used MK
and some other ppl
alot used didi kong and olimar.

you probably omly played against snakes and MK and not the other guys like around tv 7 & 5..they had different characters.

If u where smart u should of moved to a different area and play other people. Thats what i did..i won sone and lost some.I also got to see santi's TL which i learned alot from him just by watching him.

Santi's TL is a beast.
Enough said.

heytallman

CTALL
So, no results yet? Hot **** this tourney is taking forever. I've been home for a LONG time. Methinks I'll post my experience (Johns) and my shoutouts.

Doubles was fun but holy God double Lucas is not a good idea for teams. Sorry we didn't do better, Keef. At least we got a bye though!

Singles: This is probably the best I've played at a tournament. I beat some guy (Goof), in the first round, then lost to Kalo in second (grr Marth). Then I beat some random guy who I had to explain the rules to about three times before he finally got it. I three stocked him in our last match, too!

Then I played this douchebag named SG. I beat him, but apparently he had lost the match before it, so I shouldn't have played him in the first place. He reported his last match, but said that he won, leaving my real opponent wondering when the hell he was gonna play. So me, being severely irked by this, could not focus as well, and lost. And It was a Marth (grr Marth again). Hey, I said this was the John section!

But overall I had a good time, I played well, won a few of my matches in tournament, and I met a bunch of people. So here are the shoutouts:

KEEF WIT DA TEEF: It was cool finally meeting you today. Team double Lucas was so fun, but blew horribly, sadly. Very good Lucas, man.

Gea and Gnes: Great job on teams, congrats on third, and it was cool playing with you again, as always.

RT: I can't really think of anything to say to you after this tournament. I guess we'll play soon? Go Lucario?

Furbs: It was cool finally seeing you again. Your Yoshi has gotten better, even though we never got to finish a match. We need to play more, you have my number, call me up sometime, we can play at my dorm at UH.

RoyR: Where the HELL were you all day? I only saw you once, at like 7:30!

KRD/jS: Cool seeing you guys again, and you guys are too good at Stepmania. I could never do that! But just hand me a fake plastic guitar and I'll show ya something.

Nore/Pipes/Zori/Anyone else I met for the first time: It was tight meeting all of you.

Kown: You're trash.

Kalo: Grr Marth. But thanks for complimenting my Corneria skills

Take: Grr Marth, even though we didn't play today.

Allan/TGM/Xyro77: As always, good tournament

The guy I beat in the first round: Thanks for randomly appearing at some point during all my subsequent matches and cheering me on. It was random, but awesome.

Anyone I forgot: Sorry, I still love you though

kown

Smash Lord
TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS IM TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tonites poerformance was by far the worst ive displayed....dont judge me at all!
and im actually a beast and should be getting top 10!!!!!

ah im incredibly angry at the momemnt for sucking as brawl. oh well tomarrow is a new day. g night

oh btw Xyro completely failed me in doubles. XYRO IS TRASH............

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
no....
I also got to see santi's TL which i learned alot from him just by watching him.
Yeah i moved. but other people spammed. Like this one match i saw Axxo have against a Pit. And i watched Santi's TL in one battle. The only thing i saw him do was spam Zair the entire match. It was an 8 minute match and ended at 30 seconds.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
TO EVERYONE WHO THINKS IM TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tonites poerformance was by far the worst ive displayed....dont judge me at all!
and im actually a beast and should be getting top 10!!!!!

ah im incredibly angry at the momemnt for sucking as brawl. oh well tomarrow is a new day. g night

oh btw Xyro completely failed me in doubles. XYRO IS TRASH............
i lol'ed at this.

Top Bottom