• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Testing gah...

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters

CY

Smash Ace
he tries.

Lol @ the sig take. The best Marth in beaumont, little do they know you're the only one. =D

And i don't know what yall are talking about, but ****in' Jungle Japes is the best stage EVER.
you got yo JJ knowledge from me. and i got my knowledge froms sethlons.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
yea we did 20 and i won all 20...lol. just stick with a main and go from there.

Xyro>Tudor

Xyro77

i did some awesome combos which i saved on my SD card to make a combo vid later.

GUYS! i got new vids up on my youtube. plz check them out. and ask to be my friend on there

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
jesus krd... climbers sheik pit yoshi bowser diddy zelda and peach?

all styles are so different youll def have a disadvantage if you play all those D:

KRDsonic

Smash Master
jesus krd... climbers sheik pit yoshi bowser diddy zelda and peach?

all styles are so different youll def have a disadvantage if you play all those D:
No I won't, it's called counterpicking :p I use Ice Climebers and Sheik for tournaments, and knowing how to use the other characters means I know how to fight them ;)

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Well then wouldn't it be useful to play something... Like Marth, Snake, G&W and Falco? More popular players instead of Bowser and Yoshi? Lol

golf?

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5647-4777-2873
Well then wouldn't it be useful to play something... Like Marth, Snake, G&W and Falco? More popular players instead of Bowser and Yoshi? Lol
my thoughts exactly. your counterpicks are ones that get gimped way too easily
and usually 1 or 2 cps do the trick

KRDsonic

Smash Master
No, because Marth, Snake, Mr. Game & Watch, and Falco are characters pretty much everyone fights a lot and is used to fighting, it's the low tier characters you need to watch out for ;p (Which is how I beat people with yoshi lol).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I play Snake, G&W, MK, Ganon, Samus, Sheik, Zelda, Falco, Fox, Donkey Kong, ROB, Link, Toon Link, D3, and Marth.

Ganon is clearly the best.
"Not even close." -Snake

KRDsonic

Smash Master
hmm... my mom said she might change her plans, so I may get to go to HOBO 7. Since it says only 45 people can go, does anyone know how many people are planning to go or does anyone have a clue?

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Lol me and Take had some interesting online fights yesterday. His Marth is miles better than mine but my Snake took full advantage of the lag and blew him up a few times ^_^. Think I won most of the matches I used Snake but lost most of the others lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Custom Avatars are amazing.

Xyro77

Holy crap. Something tells me we aren't ready.
Perhaps the best match I've seen as of yet?
Japanese: Diddy vs. Pikachu
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jJi6C4gTt8A
We arnt ready?

1. i you watch all of those japanese vids you will see the japanese just bum rush the opponent with little or no thinking. The leave them selfs OPEN ALOT.

2. if i remember corectly, they banned snake.........if they were to even TRY to play our best......we would decimate them. They dont kow how to deal with a snake.

3. USA has ALWAYS been better at all smash gmaes thn the japanese. this is no diffeent.

Popertop

Smash Champion
We arnt ready?

1. i you watch all of those japanese vids you will see the japanese just bum rush the opponent with little or no thinking. The leave them selfs OPEN ALOT.

2. if i remember corectly, they banned snake.........if they were to even TRY to play our best......we would decimate them. They dont kow how to deal with a snake.

3. USA has ALWAYS been better at all smash gmaes thn the japanese. this is no diffeent.
1. The Japanese style is very aggresive, very in-your-face type of style, and it's always been this way with fighting games. If you watch vids of Masashi and Aniki in Melee, the same is true there.

2. so what? I doubt they would have THAT much trouble, honestly.

3. Japan has ALWAYS been better at all smash games than the americans. this is no different. S64 of course we had Isai, but that's different.
In Melee, I recall Japan decimating every American player except Ken.

Xyro77

1. The Japanese style is very aggresive, very in-your-face type of style, and it's always been this way with fighting games. If you watch vids of Masashi and Aniki in Melee, the same is true there.

2. so what? I doubt they would have THAT much trouble, honestly.

3. Japan has ALWAYS been better at all smash games than the americans. this is no different. S64 of course we had Isai, but that's different.
In Melee, I recall Japan decimating every American player except Ken.

its feels so good being a vet on the boards.

1. yes they are agressive. this doesnt work in smash as well as it does in other fighters.

2. have you seen what a GOOD snake can do? its worse than ANY metaknight. Not only do they not use him (as a whole) they dont know what pros snakes are like. Snakes control the pace of the match. which means, in the japanese case, they would have to slow down.

3.HugS destroyed BombSoldier when he came to USA. it was falco vs SAMUS.......
Ken and isai BOTH beat the japanese players in melee. In fact untill ken went over there, they wouldnt chain grab, they thought it was cheap. They also only played on 2 levels. The japanese are and will ALWAYS be 2nd best.

PS: aniki/masashi(sp?) arnt that good to be honest. i can name 12 better pro smashers, and thats not even naming east coast or midwest smashers.

FooXero

Smash Cadet
Ooo it seems I've spawned conversation :)
Well. Xyroooooo you and Hylian and Royr and Sethlon and Stiltz and whoever else can go kick Japan's ***. I'm pretty sure the rest of us would get owned.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
japan is like my neighbors who play brawl they play just like that. and i cg them and spam c stick them. all the time lolz the aggressive easy to predict.

they also say im cheap bur hey to each his own.

Esca

Smash Champion
lol wow 20/20? destroyed. who did you play as?
I played as olimar like 2 rounds, but in one of them it was just like seeing who died first (we both fell). And i played as metaknight on jungle japes (pretty fun), falcon, ganon, pika, samus, kirby, d3, dk, and i think thats it. it was pretty bad, but i'm a bigger joke online than in person.
LOL @ take's sig.
Sorry he didnt get his made. -.-

Top Bottom