• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might X : 12/11/10 : Results

mers

Smash Ace
This tournament was awesome, glad it was my first. I don't know enough of you guys to do shoutouts, but you all were really tight. I think I learned a ton from you all, and I wanna get a lot more involved in the Ohio smash scene.

I'm gonna have a car for the whole month of January, any chance anything cool is happening then?

Again, thanks for the awesome introduction to tournies!

FlipX

Smash Ace
1. 4% - Good **** on winning son. I remember you said you wanted OH to make more noise so I tried to step up my trash talk game when you were playin taki, hope it helped =P

2. Taki - Your fox did work man, we will have to play some friendlies next time

3. Impp - One day I see this ***** at dunkin doughnuts, next day he is T3 in a melee tourny. Quit DD, go pro in smash, end of discussion

4. Pat - Your peach was taking names man, way to get top 4. Also pull more bombs imo

5. The lake - Didn't get to play, but your trash talk game is top tier. Where do I sign up for lessons?

7. Minnty - Get those dolla bills ready for wednesday cuz we money matchin playa =)

7. Nakamaru - Good games in tourny man, your falcon was readin me like The Bible in sunday school

9. Cerviche - Luigi is gayer than jiggs, that is all

9. Silentswag - Good friendlies before the tourny started, we will have to get a full set in next time

9. FlipX - The word awesome comes to mind

13. Mers - Sucks we didn't get our money match in, we will have to hit it up next tourny

13. Slarti - Didn't get to talk to you much, but im sure ill catch you wednesday like usual. Keep practicin man

13. Skyson - ***** was runnin it in teams. Way to hold it down son. Your marth was bringin that business

13. Blue Rogue - Good matches, way to do work in brawl also. And ill chain throw your low tiers all day, I dont give a ****! =P

17. KittyMW - Don't quit like a noob. You were doin good today in friendlies, you'll be back.... they all come back

17. .Dempt - Way to play 2 people that you play with every other day. Learn how to get better matches in bracket noob =)

17. Carroll - Good games first round, and ya shiek is the gayest

Cerviche

Smash Cadet
9. Cerviche- You know, I honestly didn't recognize you at first. I had 2 thoughts in my head as to a redheaded guy that I've smashed with before. You were neither. Wasn't until I got home that I recognized the tag Cerviche. So, sorry if I didn't seem like I recognized you, 'cause I kind of didn't. Haha. Good match in doubles, I know I stayed on you for the most part, especially game 2. CPing Kongo Jungle freaked me out at first, but I picked up on the stage's nuances. I actually have to thank you for teaching me how interesting that stage can be. I should have CP'd it more often, lol. If you can ever make it down out of your way on Wednesdays, I'll be there as much as I can. See you sometime. :D
Sky, if you're looking for me, look for the red head that is either in solitude or making an idiot of himself. =p I don't know what else I do other than those two things.

But yeah, jungle is the greatest place ever. I thought it would really help for Luigi. Which it does, but I'm still stinky at this game.

9. Cerviche - Luigi is gayer than jiggs, that is all
Imagine when I actually get those firepunches down. c; And hey, at least Luigi's priority sucks huge ones.

Impp

Smash Ace
Skyson, My bad. I thought we got $9 each for teams, and when you had $9 and took out 5, I thought we were square. Now, doing the math for the doubles pay out I see that's not the case, but I didn't think it through at the time. Next tournament I'll pay you back, I'll do my best to remember, but don't feel bad to remind me. Shoot, if you PM me your address, I'll mail you the $5. Good job in teams btw. There's was a couple of clutch third rounds in there, and we pulled through.

Pat, damn, impressive run. You beat The Lake, Minnty and Naka. That's quite a gauntlet.

Good to see all the PA players again.

4% good job finally beating Taki.

FlipX, I wasn't trying to disrespect you or anything in the money match... I just always go Zelda in tournament, and I like to try out my other characters in the clutch. Good matches.

Eddie, you were there? I didn't see you. Nice Job in Melee, Oh wait...

Steve, you're a bum.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Impp, you should come out to our massillon smashfests sometime. I dont think i'll be there this week though

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Oh my skyson. I am so so sorry. That never occurred to me. Will pay more attention in the future

Again ohio smashers are the coolest people i've ever met. Even with all that salt skyson still holds no hate. <3

Will support any tournament you guys do.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Sil! Good ****, man. Reppin the R.O.B. I kinda wish I would have been able to come out, but that being said good job to everyone. I'll see you guys some time next year.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Skyson, My bad. I thought we got $9 each for teams, and when you had $9 and took out 5, I thought we were square. Now, doing the math for the doubles pay out I see that's not the case, but I didn't think it through at the time. Next tournament I'll pay you back, I'll do my best to remember, but don't feel bad to remind me. Shoot, if you PM me your address, I'll mail you the $5. Good job in teams btw. There's was a couple of clutch third rounds in there, and we pulled through.
rofl, mailing me $5 would be so champ.

It's cool, I'll remind you next tourney. I kind of ran over like "hey here's $9 from doubles, I'll keep $5." I think I was trying to slight myself of doing a good job, lol. Imppsons for the win. :O

Sky, if you're looking for me, look for the red head that is either in solitude or making an idiot of himself. =p I don't know what else I do other than those two things.
You could be the guy that thinks he's gonna do work on me in 64, but is gonna get horribly shut down. :p

Oh my skyson. I am so so sorry. That never occurred to me. Will pay more attention in the future

Again ohio smashers are the coolest people i've ever met. Even with all that salt skyson still holds no hate. <3

Will support any tournament you guys do.

Both times it happened, Lake started it. Totally blaming him for the majority of it. Judging by the tide of it all, I think we would have lost anyway, but oh well. =P

Mm, you could melt the Ohio roads with all my salt, but I still love PA smashers more than anything. No hate. <3

Just come back for more doubles and I'll put you on the losing end so you can CP the characters and stage. =P

Cerviche

Smash Cadet
That's it. I'm just going to harass you with DK's grab now. :chuckle:

Yeah, I know. You're going to use Kirby...etc...

Skyson

Smash Ace
I only use Kirby when I'm getting trolled. :U

I'll 0 to death you with Falcon all day, son. :3

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Shoutouts:

1. Shugo :metaknight: :falco: : Good job winning again. Stop looking like a Cuban dictator. Obama suits you better XD

2. Blue Rogue :wario: : Good **** vs Fonz. Bah, I'll get you next time in TvC. By the end of the night I had Links raging after all (although I admit I was raging for a while too).

3. Fonz :lucario: :metaknight: :ganondorf: : Hey, good to see you again. Sad I didn't get to see your Ganon matches. That being said, you've gotten a lot better too, and your MK is hella-legit. Hope I can get some friendlies in with you next time. You're one of those players who makes me improve drastically every time you give me advice.

4. Links24 :toonlink: :snake: : Good ****, but don't choke so hard with Falco next time. I've never seen you miss that many BDACUSes. Like always, thanks for carrying me in teams XD

5. Sil :rob: : AAAAAAAAARRRRRRG! You just barely knocked me out of both events. Good **** though, your ROB is beastly. My set with you was definitely the most intense one I had all day, and that combo you got on me game 3 was incredible. I'll get you next time!

5. Jiffy :wario: :metaknight: : Good **** Jiffy! You've been improving pretty drastically lately. Keep it up!

7. KB :pikachu: :metaknight: :peach: :dedede: : We didn't get those friendlies :( Don't get down about this though. You'll bounce back stronger than ever. Oh, and thanks for that 'YbM status' comment when I was playing Sil.

7. Denzi :falco: : You're right, we didn't play this time. I'll catch you next time or at a smashfest though. Good job on 7th!

9. Argent :ivysaur: : Ivysaur sucks. You have to accept it! Squirtle is the answer!

9. Bufu :kirby: : Bah, I could have done better than this I think, but I'm not too disappointed... I lost to good players, but I'll get you guys next time. Oh, and I have to wear a fedora forever now.

9. Solecalibur :zerosuitsamus: :snake: :metaknight: : You also knocked me out in both events. Your ZSS gets better and better every time I play you. By the end of our set, I realized I have no idea how to play against you.

9. The kiest :dedede: :kirby: : Didn't see your Kirby. Good games in doubles. I didn't expect a D3/DK team to be quite so effective. Hopefully I'll get some friendlies in with you next time.

13. Rikku :lucario: : Good games. Our set was pretty intense. Every time I felt I had a decent lead, you reminded me of how devastating aura can be. *shudders at the memory of 20-30% aura spheres*

13. Crum :marth: :diddy: : We didn't play this time. Actually, have we ever played? I don't think I played you at that one smashfest either...

13. Frenchmen :peach: :fox: : Didn't play you, or talk to you I think. Hopefully that will change next time.

13. Apple :lucas: : I know you won't check this and I'll tell you in person, but come on! You can do better than that! Show them what the best Lucas in MW:E can do! (Get out of your DFO/Mario's Missing! long enough to learn those problem MUs!)

17. R1cky :pikachu: : Fun games. Glad to see new players getting into the scene. Just try to listen to everyone's advice and you'll see dramatic improvement.

17. lokii :zerosuitsamus: : We didn't play this time around. We rarely ever play in fact it seems. We did talk a little though, but admittedly not a whole lot. Both of these will have to be remedied at the next tourny or smashfest.

17. Auspher :wolf: : I can't remember, did we play? I know I played *a* Wolf/Kirby player, but I didn't think that was you.

EXTRA SHOUTOUT to everyone who brought setups and/or helped run this tourny. Hopefully there will be a better turnout next time, but I had fun, and the tournament seemed to run well.

Also, thank you Kitty for finding the venue and letting me borrow a Melee TV for TvC at the end.

links24

Smash Ace
1. Shugo:nice job on 1st bro good **** just remeber empty short-hop Bdacus XD
2. Blue Rogue:move faster if you ever wanna play TL against me again XD lol really good **** man.
3. Fonz:arg! i need you to teach me how to play the mk matchup bc obviously i dont know **** lol good **** that mk is hella legit man.
4. Links24:learn the mk matchup and stop sucking so hard........
5. Sil:we must play link vs rob so you can relive MLG XD but really ur rob just keeps gettin better and better man.
5. Jiffy:you keep gettin better man come to more smashfest's and i will teach you the matchup man.
7. KB:dont worry man your wolf is gonna be beasty XD
7. Denzi:your gettin closer to knocking me out man >.>
9. Argent: PT! ivy is broken i swear lol
9. Bufu:we will train more and more man imma get you top 5 status also **** double joe that team is stuipd!!!!!!!
9. Solecalibur:stop making of me! >.> but nice tourney man ITT would be proud lol.
9. The kiest:man those dubs matchs were fun as ever nice seein ya again.
13. Rikku:same nice seein ya again also imma start showing up to more smashfests so i hang out with yall.
13. Crum:squirtle!!!!!
13. Frenchmen:nice seeing ya again man
13. Apple:comin now cory you gotta practice more lol
17. R1cky:didnt meet yaa but glad you came out
17. lokii:thank thank thank you you you for the link picture i love it so much!!!!!
17. Auspher:ur right we really need to play nice seein ya again man.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
9. Argent: PT! ivy is broken i swear lol
Don't lie to him, he's deluded enough!

9. Bufu:we will train more and more man imma get you top 5 status also **** double joe that team is stuipd!!!!!!!
Don't lie to me and rage about sub-par teams XD

Oh, by the way, I learned some new combos (If I can pull them off.) :D
Oh, and prepare for new VJoe approach options.

That being said, hell yeah! This constant Brawl practice is definitely helping. It's a matter of time.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Pretty cool tourney, loved the venue. Had a lot of fun overall.
SOLE: Include the payouts!!!!!!!!!!!!! :glare:

Shoutouts!!!!

1. Shugo: Nice job on 1st. You are good at reading people overall, smash and real life. (Subway toppings) :p

2. Blue Rogue: Idk, Shugo is tough... nice comeback on Fonz and always fun teaming :) CANTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Fonz: That Lucario is sick and I like your MK, its pretty active. Good stuff on 3rd.

4. Links24: I'll take you up on the matchup experience all day. I was expecting TL and I've been practicing that MU, good stuff mixing it up on me and nice job on 4th.

5. Sil: Always a pleasure playing/seeing you, that ROB is still pretty sick.

5. Jiffy: :035:

7. KB: GG's... I had been planning and waiting to play you for over 2 months. Blue and I talked at length a while back about this. I know you're disappointed in this, maybe you just need a breather or something. Btw, your Wolf is pretty scary.

7. Denzi: good stuff, we didn't talk this time but it looks like you've improved since the last time we played. Hope to play you sometime.

9. Argent: its been a long time, it was nice seeing you. I was hoping to see more Lucario though :(

9. Bufu: you can be pretty scary at times, I can never truly relax when playing you because you got some really good tricks. Nice seeing you.

9. Solecalibur: That Anubis strategy caught me off guard in doubles but good stuff. Thanks for hosting. :)

9. The kiest: The most amazing voice in the World!!! Thanks for coming out and bringing peeps, always nice talking to you.

13. Rikku: What can I say... Congrats!!! Also don't hate! :p <3

13. Crum: we didn't get to play or talk much this time :( Nice seeing you.

13. Frenchmen: fun friendlies in the Wario dittos, GGs in the set, idk what was wrong with me getting hit by all those FTilts though lol :)

13. Apple: Lucas!!!!! nice seeing you, you have gotten better. I was pretty happy to see how well you were doing at that smashfest a few weeks ago. Carry that over, you got this.

17. R1cky: ...didn't play you. :( Hopefully there will be another time. :)

17. lokii: I was the loud one behind your match with Rikku lol. It was pretty hype, you've gotten better too. Alot more technical. Nice seeing you.

17. Auspher: "Japanese school girls?!" gtfo with that... lol. Hope we can play sometime soon, I want to see you do well at a tourney next time.

DIDN'T ENTER BUT SHOULD'VE:

Yami: fun Ness dittos. Always a blast to play. I'm sure you'll get me next time. :)

MELEE:

Skyson and slarti: CANTON!!! :)

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
haha ppl are just so easy to read jiffy :), and lol fro it was funny when you came up to me and told me i looked like someone..? i forget, but you said it was scary lolll.

Skyson

Smash Ace
I don't... just... what? Nooooo, no way. It was like 64, except with hi-def graphics and slighly more ridiculousness. Delicious.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
haha ppl are just so easy to read jiffy :), and lol fro it was funny when you came up to me and told me i looked like someone..? i forget, but you said it was scary lolll.
Haha, I dunno why but with that hat you looked like Fidel Castro to me. XD

takieddine

Smash Master
Grab, fthrow, fair, nair, down-b, reverse uair. :cool:
I'm pretty sure no one can beat this, ask Cobalt.
Ready....GO

Upthrow, shine WD back, he neutral techs but one with momentum so he is offstage as soon as he techs,JC shine shinespike, I think he DIs it down so he falls like a brick.

So upthrow shine shine.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm going to MM you with PT next time. :p
Mario, Wolf or Kirby? Not going to do Ganon XD

Psh, Ivy doesn't scare me. Squirtle and Rock Smash (Yeah, Charizard is just life-support for Rock Smash) on the other hand...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Psh, I've gotten a 4 second kill in Brawl. 2 of those seconds were Falco in freefall falling to his doom. I think I win.

Sadly it wasn't on camera.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
Where was this tournament held (city+state?), and which were the payouts/entry fee?
Warren, OH

(FOR BRAWL)
$10 Entry Fee

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%