• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VII! (September 12th, 2009) OC #3

4% APR

Smash Champion
Should i talk james into coming down here...and pwning some kids.
i hate to be this way, but it really might not be worth the drive :(

And ITT, the only potential problem i see is that some people want to enter both and dont like switching between the two games. Idk, anything works for me

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles when half of the setups become avaible, start brawl pools after half of melee is eliminated.

Melee goes quicker anyway, so it shouldn't be too much longer than the normal time.

Or some other order... if one order doesn't work too well TRY ANOTHER!

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
We could do blazblue crews. I'm getting the game this monday for 360. We'd probly have to get multiplatform just cause of not enough setups.

that just reminded me I gotta get that taokaka doll from ebay or something. Taokaka is so freakin hawt! would totally hit that.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Blazblue-Calami...in_0?hash=item5d258be1a2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

If my ex gf showed up to my house wearin that, I'd most likely **** in my pants.
Haha okay 4 things Andy

1. you would say that! "points to quote above lol"

2. I coming to this tourney guaranteed so if you could preregister me I would greatly appreciate it!

3. Assuming I catch a ride with you, we won't be able to leave until the whole tourney is over so with that in mind I might be interested in playing melee for fun....depends on how much money I feel like giving away!

4. TEACH ME HOW TO PLAY BLAZBLU LOL....I still havent played the **** game lol

that is all for now :)

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Well when this thing draws more near, someone give me a guesstimation on how many players will be at this thing. If its like 25-30 i will come down. I ****ing miss playing this game already.... i want to compete!!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I easily hits 25-30 on average. Lately it's been getting 30+ though, and with M2K and Vidjo coming this might even get some more attention.

I'm just talking about the amount of players at the venue in general, but Melee got some good numbers at the last one.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Then he's talkin the good ****, lol. I still love Melee, I just need to stop being lazy and work on shaking off a year's worth of rust. :laugh:
I dont even want to imagine how hard that's gotta be >_> Longest ive stopped playing was a month and i felt naked when i started again.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I love all the sonics in Midwest <3
Agreed.

I've actually started picking him up for fun too. If we didn't already have so many good Sonics, and that therefore everyone has learned the MU, then I might actually have pulled it out XD

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'd tell you to be like everyone else and pick up MK as a secondary instead, but I'm pretty sure we've talked about it like five times now... More Sonics doesn't bother me... Lucario is a really good counter... :chuckle:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, I think we have, and you've seen my MK, haven't you? I mean, it's not utter garbage, but that's about the best that can be said for it.

Not to mention I have another char(s) I'll try pulling out next time (I need to stop picking up like 4 new secondaries every 4 months...). The only problem is I'm pretty sure you will kill it, even if others don't.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
What'd'ya know? That was 10 blahs... :p

@Fromundaman - I look forward to seeing what this new character of yours is...

DippnDots

Feral Youth
That's the spirit!

Now if only you could move faster than a stagger and had the brain capacity to use tools! ;)

zombie joke if you can't tell

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
We need to start kickin up the hype. Less than a month away and still missing groups from PA, KY, MI, NY, and IN. C'mon MI, think you can have a repeat of TYM II? C'mon KY, this is > something2do. C'mon NY, you said you wanted to go to TYM V, C'mon PA you guys are awesome.

Still working on custom nametags, they're kinda a ***** to make.

Prizes this time include:
Best Diddy
Most Girly
Best Mario
Best Link Character player (TL, Zelda, Gannon, etc.)
Best Peach

And of course, random door prizes. I think I'm gonna give away some of my magic cards as door prizes along with the other crap I usually have for door prizes. I'll also talk with the venue because they seemed interested in giving us support so maybe gamecube controller raffles/door prizes at later TYM events.

Also, for a side event entry fee of 25 cents, you get 1 game of ms. pac-man with one of those plug into the TV joysticks. The highest score will recieve a pac-man tomy pocket game (similar to pachinko but you have to make pac-man eat the pachinko balls) (Mine is in much better condition than that one)

zombie3298

Smash Rookie
Now if only you could move faster than a stagger and had the brain capacity to use tools! ;)

Personally I find that offensive and racist towards zombies. Over the years we zombies have made great advancements in the worlds of technology and ethics... We now know how to use chop sticks when engulfing our meals, not to mention, and I know this may come as a shock to you but Samuel L. Francis (creator of the Spork utensil) yeah, he was a zombie. So what do you got now?

I refuse to be talked to with such zombist discrimination. We're just like ghost's or ginger people, so stop drinkin the hatorade.

BTW my name for the event will probably be Hoof Hearted, and I believe I'm coming with 3 other people (1 in which is Mark S. who made the final 32 last time if anyone knows who I'm talking about. )

:laugh:

TheKiest

Smash Champion
If I can ride with people form the C-bus area (or Smashfield if they are passing through...), then I will be able to make.

Otherwise I won't be able to go :(.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Prizes this time include:
Best Diddy
Most Girly
Best Mario
Best Link Character player (TL, Zelda, Gannon, etc.)
Best Peach
So basically...

-AZ, or, if he doesn't show, Bboy
-Beegs
-1der
-Fonz or Quivo if they show. If not, MAYBE I have a chance?
-King Beef

Top Bottom