• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might VI! Cleveland, OH (July 18th)

M@v

Subarashii!
Awesome guys, this looks like it'll most likely break 40 players. We already have 44 players that plan on attending. I'm going to send out some invites and I'll go talk to Springfield this weekend. Let's make this a record breaking TYM.

Also, I'm thinking of holding the TYM X! Championships at a different venue and turning into a NATIONAL level event. If I can get a large enough venue and if there is enough advance notice I'm predicting we can get around 200 players.
Hit me up for sure if you want to plan a national deal. Can you tell some of your OH buddies about my Pittsburgh Tourney the week after this? ^_^.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Am I going to need my wii for this? (TYM6, not the Pittsburgh tourne)

I think we'll have 4-6 OUGAers at this one.

Also, I just prereged on the Cold Fusion site, why? Cause I'm awesome!

You can be awesome too by preregging on the Cold Fusion Site too!

Framerate

Smash Lord
Should I go to this?

Also, when did they start doing points for this? Cause I did pretty well in singles back when I played Kirby, but I have no points T^T

King~

Smash Champion
i will no longer be attending this, because ITT left me this weekend

so 8p............

really ill still be in vegas spending an arm and a leg to get into evo Q.Q

Revven

FrankerZ
Hey guys, found this interesting: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239604

Dunno if anyone wants to give it some type of a go at this for friendlies or not (since I mostly would rather play Brawl+ friendlies) but I found it at least somewhat interesting considering their efforts and what they changed. Would be cool if it could be used for this tourney (but, highly unlikely due to the amount of non-softmodded Wiis). Just found it kind of interesting I guess.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Hey guys, found this interesting: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239604

Dunno if anyone wants to give it some type of a go at this for friendlies or not (since I mostly would rather play Brawl+ friendlies) but I found it at least somewhat interesting considering their efforts and what they changed. Would be cool if it could be used for this tourney (but, highly unlikely due to the amount of non-softmodded Wiis). Just found it kind of interesting I guess.
Just read through the thread. Sounds awesome and I want to try it out. No changes to ROB though. :( AND NO HANENBOW :(

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman

I just tried this its actually pretty cool, i like all the tricksies that ganondorf got, and also the balancing but the cgers still got grab buffs

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Might be there.

e: Talked to my parents, if I don't have something going on that day, which I don't think I do, I can go.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

If I can get my Wii to a location with wi-fi within the next few weeks and figure out how to softmod my Wii (never tried...but I'm definitely willing for this), I'll have a go at it and bring a full set-up if it works out.

Seriously, I haven't even played this yet and I already enjoy it.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
That's not cool...I didn't read about Lucario. I just looked at a few of the characters who lost CGs and other such things.

I got it now, so I'm bringing full set-up; TV and all. I don't know how this will work though...just set it to vBrawl for the main portion of the tourney and then set up BBrawl for friendlies? Meh, I guess I'll find out when I get there.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox

Gotta try this out. Even though they didn't change my two favorite characters :(

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
By indirect nerf, I mean that a lot of characters got buffs to their killing ability... In my experience Lucario needs to stay alive to KO efficiently... He did get a single direct buff (the useless Force Palm flame is now slightly less useless) but it's nothing compared to the changes they made to some of the other characters...

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
So pretty much colten and I are confirmed...eric is probably coming and divard will come if we have the car space...which is looking like we wont so if ya have any ideas there andy you should let me know....also we should totally hit up that pittsburgh tourney the week after this one if your able too :)

Revven

FrankerZ
That's not cool...I didn't read about Lucario. I just looked at a few of the characters who lost CGs and other such things.

I got it now, so I'm bringing full set-up; TV and all. I don't know how this will work though...just set it to vBrawl for the main portion of the tourney and then set up BBrawl for friendlies? Meh, I guess I'll find out when I get there.
What I always do is this (for Brawl+ that is): since there are generally enough Wiis for Doubles, I have Brawl+ running during Doubles for anyone that's currently either NOT in Doubles OR isn't going to be playing any Doubles matches for awhile and want to give Brawl+ a shot. It's usually up for hours (right when I get there) and sits there with people trying it out and having a blast until Singles, where I change it to regular Brawl incase it's needed (though the last few times it hasn't been) I MIGHT keep it Brawl+ the entire time if my Wii isn't necessary for the entire tournament. We'll see.

In any case, that's how I usually do it with Brawl+. You could in theory do the samething with BBrawl but, you'd have to be careful and make sure nobody goes onto that setup during the tourney (maybe have some kind of big sign that says BBrawl near the setup lololololol). People can tell the difference between Brawl+ and Brawl because of the CSS change, people will have a much harder time noticing the difference between Brawl and BBrawl due to no cosmetic changes (like the CSS) except the stage selection screen being different (which people may not even care to notice that either).

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
If I can get my Wii to a location with wi-fi within the next few weeks and figure out how to softmod my Wii (never tried...but I'm definitely willing for this), I'll have a go at it and bring a full set-up if it works out.

Seriously, I haven't even played this yet and I already enjoy it.
Hope you can, timssu. No helpless state after Quick Draw is like Christmas to me.

EDIT: Oh, you did get it, haha. Cool, really hope I can be at this tourney, then. May not even enter doubles, just so sit around and play BBrawl all day. =D

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
So pretty much colten and I are confirmed...eric is probably coming and divard will come if we have the car space...which is looking like we wont so if ya have any ideas there andy you should let me know....also we should totally hit up that pittsburgh tourney the week after this one if your able too :)
NO go to solecaliburs tourney at his house its huge!

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
yea I wanted to make it to the last TYM but we had car problems.....Im extremely psyched for this one....btw I would love to play some Street Fighter 4 if there is room for a set up for it and assuming that it wont interfere with the smash tourney if its a problem then forget i even mentioned it lol.......and I will most definitively be ready for this!

DippnDots

Feral Youth
hey Guys, Found This Interesting: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239604

Dunno If Anyone Wants To Give It Some Type Of A Go At This For Friendlies Or Not (since I Mostly Would Rather Play Brawl+ Friendlies) But I Found It At Least Somewhat Interesting Considering Their Efforts And What They Changed. Would Be Cool If It Could Be Used For This Tourney (but, Highly Unlikely Due To The Amount Of Non-softmodded Wiis). Just Found It Kind Of Interesting I Guess.
Finally I Can Play Ganondorf In Brawl And Not Be A Nerfed ******** Tin Man

4% APR

Smash Champion
melee role call

me and 2-3 others
Dots and 4(?) others
Impp and steve?
Dobs?
Slarti?
Panera guys?
pittsburg?

Top Bottom