• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might V! April 4th? Cleveland, Ohio Melee?

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Except that if there's more than 20 people, we won't be able to move.

EDIT: Address of said paneras- 2010 Lincoln Way E Massillon, OH 44646

Also, if the tournament is going to be moved, shouldn't we have a mod or someone edit the first post so that people who don't read the whole thread won't accidentally go to the original venue?

cverneo

Smash Rookie
Except that if there's more than 20 people, we won't be able to move.

EDIT: Address of said paneras- 2010 Lincoln Way E Massillon, OH 44646

Also, if the tournament is going to be moved, shouldn't we have a mod or someone edit the first post so that people who don't read the whole thread won't accidentally go to the original venue?
Ohai.

I can attest to the small Panera space. So the seperate Brawl/Melee idea is quite better. Also, this should totally go down so I can go to a Melee event for once.

No quiero Brawl. Or Brawl+. At Panera, anyways.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
:/

Anyway, I think Skyson already reserved panera.... I guess if we can guarantee under 20 people it would be doable to have both... Fitting more than 8 setups at panera is going to be tough, and with that many, it'll still be very crowded. If we have over 30 people are literally not going to have the room to sit in the back room, and will have to loiter in the restaurant or stand scrunched up shoulder to shoulder in the corner. Also, I kinda have the personal motive of wanting to play more melee causing me to want to make this melee only. I don't really have anything against brawl, other than the fact that I get really bored playing it. I think that it would just be best to hold them at separate locations. I guess you guys who play both will have to pick which game you have more fun playing.

Anyway, ithrowthings, if you're sure that joe isn't holding this thing and you figure out what you want to do, you need to pm a mod to edit joe's first post with the info for the tournament locations...

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Id be interested in both brawl and melee.. although my ride to these things really only plays brawl. more info on brawl please?

soap

Smash Hero
4%, come to indiana this weekend.

If u can make it to columbus u have a ride. It's too long a drive for me to go pick u up though

cverneo

Smash Rookie
Nooo, 4% should totally go to Panera.

It's so much shorter than the 9 hour drive to Indiana :ohwell:

cverneo

Smash Rookie
I think we're 99% sure about Panera. Unless some freak incident happens and we're ALL busy.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
Panera is confirmed from 4-10. At least if skyson isn't lying to me about having reserved the room XD.

Also, I'm just gonna make the final decision here and say it'll be melee only. Blue Rouge will probably be there though, and he'll play brawl friendlies with any melee/brawl people who go, he's good.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Melee people go to Panera,

Brawl people, go to
3124 cosmos Ave Akron, OH

Probably around 2ish. I'm hoping to get like 10-15 people alltogether. Tournament will be 5 bucks if we decide we wanna have a tournament. If you want food, Brandon will cook you grilled cheese for 50 cents and egg sandwiches for a dollar. Or you can go to the many food places in the area. PM me if you are interested in a brawl tournament saturday

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Meh...forget it. I'll just chill with the family this weekend. I'll save smash for C4 Galore.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Oh, I probably should've called to reserve the place by now.

I'll be making that phone call today, as I've been amazingly disorganized all week. Research paper has been killing me.

If I can't reserve the place today, I'm honestly sorry to everyone in this thread. I thought I was subscribed to this thread, and it wasn't showing up with any new posts in my User CP (because I never posted/subscribed) and I didn't assume anything.

Uh.. here's to hoping I get the place reserved! =D

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Oh, I probably should've called to reserve the place by now.

I'll be making that phone call today, as I've been amazingly disorganized all week. Research paper has been killing me.

If I can't reserve the place today, I'm honestly sorry to everyone in this thread. I thought I was subscribed to this thread, and it wasn't showing up with any new posts in my User CP (because I never posted/subscribed) and I didn't assume anything.

Uh.. here's to hoping I get the place reserved! =D
wait... what place reserved? Panera's or the LAN center?

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
He's talking about Panera. He's the one who usually reserves it. I should have checked to make sure it was reserved though, so if it's already taken I'll take some of the blame.

EDIT: What do you guys want for the entrance fee assuming we actually have one and don't just play friendlies? I'm just going to say the rules are the same as middle of ohio's rules. As far as a venue fee, there is none, because panera assumes that anyone using the back room will also be buying sandwiches. It's not 100% neccesary for everyone to buy a sandwich, but it will look bad if no one does. They're around $7-8, but they're really good.

cverneo

Smash Rookie
Oh well. Don't worry, he should be able to get Panera reserved. Not many people reserve there anyways and we've managed to always get a reservation prior.

FALCON EDITING!: Here's the menu from the Panera website: http://www.panerabread.com/menu/
They have some good drinks too, so if you want to buy from 'em, you might want to bring some cash for those. Don't have to though.

Since Slarti was too lazy to post the Middle of Ohio VI rules, here they are in case anyone else is too lazy (like me =p). Or for, you know, total scrubs who might show up.

Rules
* Items on.
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may ban neutral stages.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is banned

stage is for singles only=*

Melee

4 Stock 8 Mins best 2/3 finals 3/5

Neutrals are:
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams*
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter picks are:
Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
F-Zero*
Poke Floats
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Kongo Jungle

Bear in mind that this is in case we have a tournament.

Oh, and sorry about the items thing. I thought it was still April 1st. *shrug*

cverneo

Smash Rookie
Address of said Panera- 2010 Lincoln Way E Massillon, OH 44646

Wuh-blam!

FALCON EDITING!: As for other tournaments, I dunno what you mean. We are hoping to have a tournament at the Panera though. If less than 15 people show, it'll probably be round robin. If more 15+ show then we'll let ya'll know what it'll be at the stuff.

Impp

Smash Ace
Someone should make a thread for the Panera tournament right quick.
I'll be there, btw.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
There's a small get together for brawl at my house as well. Check AIB for the info.

it's at 3124 cosmos ave, akron, oh. Probably starting around 2 on Saturday, $5 entry fee

Top Bottom