• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might III! Dec. 27th [DATE SET IN STONE] Cleveland, Ohio

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
l wish ICs werent sooo broken lol. Seriously nothing I could do once i got grabbed. I had to run away the whole time to even try to win xD. Anyway ggs everyone and thanks. Really fun :p

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
lol at you guys complaining about ice climbers. climbers suck, all you need to do is platform camp and its game over.

GG's to everyone it was fun playing all you guys

Vayseth

Smash Master
While I see nothing about people complaining about the ICs, all I saw was a huge group of people who had obviously never played an IC main before. So, it's easy to see why two ICs mains would just trample all over everyone.

SciFiGuy

Smash Journeyman
I was surprised that when Lain/Omniswell would do dthrow > nana fair, nobody would tech it and just get ice block locked.

Also Vayseth is right, it's mostly because most people there had never played a IC main before, just ignorance of the matchup.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Fun tourney. I didn't lose to any ICs but gaw is really mean in teams.

It was fun meeting you MI guys. Thanks joel and Lain for helping out our poor little melee tourney.

Butler and Impp's car-thanks for saving the melee tourney. It was awesome to turn around and see you guys walking in. Good **** ****** PA Impp.

Beegs- teams are fun

Sago-it was cool that you showed up. Crazy samus and fun friendlies.

Shugo and KingC- you guys were awesome. I hope you can make it out to more tourneys.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Shouts:

Lain - You know you expected to lose... good **** in doubles and singles.
Omniswell - Good **** beating Lain in winners bracket and getting 2nd... Nice job taking doubles.
Shugo Senpai - OMG, you ***** me... with SONIC, WTF!?!?!... I totally didn't know what to do, good ****.
NoJ - Nice job taking doubles.
Bowyer - MI ***** :)
JoeS - Thanks for hosting and good games.
Sago - Good seeing ya again. Sorry I played so gay in game 3... I felt threatened :)
SciFiGuy - WTF, I had to play you twice in doubles and twice in singles. Good games.
King Yoshi - Thanks for housing us... though I kind of wish I knew about the blankets :/
Four Money - You need to get your *** to MI or the circuit event championships soon.
Vayseth - Sup VAYDR

TheLake

Smash Master
Quick shouts *****s!

Beegs: You knew it was coming, i dont know what you expected, the kongos are drumming, and they should be respected! >End Rap
Hyrule for life, we shall meet again.

Soap: Great match? Nice kill? See ya next time? Yes yes and yes

4%: **** i was so close, i think i gotta take beating you one step at a time. Lets see first step beat your doc with zelda on mute city, oh wait... Awsome marth thanks for having the tourney.

Michigain guys: How the hell do you spell michigin? Was I closer that time? Anyways to all the guys I kicked alot, way to take it like champs. To the guys I didnt kick, your time will come.

Dobbs and steve- Niice stuff in teams, keep up the sheik stevey boy and dobbs nice falcon. Oh and GET WRECKED BY ZELDA (make it double!)

Impp: Ma main man, your zelda is so good. Your dins fire combos are **** and that low kick ground dealy is somthing i must steal for the greater good of zelda kind. We MUST team again and continue the kicking legacy.

The big guy who used ROB and played me lovley ivysaur in some lovley friendlies of love and honor - Nice matches

Soaps sister - Well hellllloooo there ma lady, cant pass up the oppurtunity to shoutout to a babe that plays videogames. We didnt talk i dont think but we should change that. 724 504 8100 (:

Other ladies I missed - The numbers above ladies, dontcha worry Good ol lake didnt forget about ya

To my adoring fans - This zeldas still kicking

4% APR

Smash Champion
Quick shouts *****s!

Beegs: You knew it was coming, i dont know what you expected, the kongos are drumming, and they should be respected! >End Rap
Hyrule for life, we shall meet again.

Soap: Great match? Nice kill? See ya next time? Yes yes and yes

4%: **** i was so close, i think i gotta take beating you one step at a time. Lets see first step beat your doc with zelda on mute city, oh wait... Awsome marth thanks for having the tourney.

Michigain guys: How the hell do you spell michigin? Was I closer that time? Anyways to all the guys I kicked alot, way to take it like champs. To the guys I didnt kick, your time will come.

Dobbs and steve- Niice stuff in teams, keep up the sheik stevey boy and dobbs nice falcon. Oh and GET WRECKED BY ZELDA (make it double!)

Impp: Ma main man, your zelda is so good. Your dins fire combos are **** and that low kick ground dealy is somthing i must steal for the greater good of zelda kind. We MUST team again and continue the kicking legacy.

The big guy who used ROB and played me lovley ivysaur in some lovley friendlies of love and honor - Nice matches

Soaps sister - Well hellllloooo there ma lady, cant pass up the oppurtunity to shoutout to a babe that plays videogames. We didnt talk i dont think but we should change that. 724 504 8100 (:

Other ladies I missed - The numbers above ladies, dontcha worry Good ol lake didnt forget about ya

To my adoring fans - This zeldas still kicking
The lake gives his number out at every tourney haha. Do you text?

Sago

Smash Lord
bowyer no bigie man i just think its funny that you said in the first match you said its hard to play meta at a pro level and then 3rd match you beat me with just tornado spam, no bigie i got you nexttime
and IC chaingrab is broken i dont care what you...i know the matchup very well i have played alot of IC and theres not much you can do, platform camping dosent work very well to be honest

Kel

Smash Master
i dont see where your going with this, noone there but the Michigan guys knew how to fight ic's.
You were saying that the ICs are easy to defeat if you knew how to do a couple things, yet you didn't win the tournament. You got second, so I'm assuming you played Lain in the finals. This leads me to believe that you LOST to Lain. Lain has been noted as playing Ice Climbers and using the infinite chain grab, thus gay. I was under the impression that you still played Wolf with the ICs as a secondary.

through these gathered data, I've concluded that you fought Lain's Ice Climbers in the finals. If the ICs were as easily defeated as you claimed (and you yourself knowing how to beat them should have exemplified it through your match with Lain), then you shouldn't have lost to Lain's Ice climbers in the final match.

That's under the assumption that:
A) you knew what you were talking about in regards to fighting the ice climbers
B) you fought Lain in the tournament and lost to him while he was using the IC

dots connected?

jokey665

Smash Ace
You were saying that the ICs are easy to defeat if you knew how to do a couple things, yet you didn't win the tournament. You got second, so I'm assuming you played Lain in the finals. This leads me to believe that you LOST to Lain. Lain has been noted as playing Ice Climbers and using the infinite chain grab, thus gay. I was under the impression that you still played Wolf with the ICs as a secondary.

through these gathered data, I've concluded that you fought Lain's Ice Climbers in the finals. If the ICs were as easily defeated as you claimed (and you yourself knowing how to beat them should have exemplified it through your match with Lain), then you shouldn't have lost to Lain's Ice climbers in the final match.

dots connected?
Have I ever told you how awesome you are? Because you're pretty freaking awesome.

King~

Smash Champion

dots connected?
to clear up a few things from what i know, Omniswell put lain in loser bracket
by beating lain in and IC ditto and once with MK.

but alas i was gone before i grand finals happened, so i dont know wo used what then

TheWildcard

Smash Champion

dots connected?
i didnt have much trouble with lains ic's although i did lose to them but they were close. i got ***** and diccouraged by his DDD. i beat his climbers earlier and sent him into losers with metaknight and my ic's, but that **** ddd i had no clue what i could or what to do. lains ddd is amazing

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Sago: You play samus :/ he's unfortunately one of the very few characters that pretty much can't hit meta out of tornado with ANYTHING so naturally, the best strat is to be a *** and play how tornado spammy scrubs play.

Anybody still talking about IC gayness... it's beatable, but you have to play extremely clean and campy, but sooner or later, the top players are going to start playing clean enough to beat IC's most of the time. But many characters do have a **** awful time beating IC's.

I know for a fact that meta can beat ICs if the meta plays right and I'm sure there are other characters out there that can beat them too. Even with the infinite, IC's aren't going to be one of the top few characters in this game.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Lain beat Omni in second set of GF with DDD since lain is scared of the IC ditto match which put him in losers to begin with. Lain got better at the ICs ditto so Omni went to Meta and matches went back and forth between Omni's Metaknight and Lain's ICs. Once lain figured out he couldn't handle DDD, he ***** him. Here's the sets:

Winner's Semis:
OMNI ICs vs lain ICs
LAIN ICs vs omni ICs
OMNI Metaknight vs lain ICs

Grand Finals:
LAIN ICs vs omni Metaknight
OMNI Metaknight vs lain ICs
LAIN ICs vs omni ICs
LAIN ICs vs omni Metaknight

LAIN ICs VS omni Metaknight
LAIN D3 vs omni Metaknight
LAIN D3 vs omni Metaknight

I believe that's how the sets went. All of them were close, however, and usually with lain beating Omni's MK with some crazy single popo tricks. Unlike everyone else who just got 2 or 3 stocked. It was DEFINITELY a match up issue.

lain

Smash Master
i wasn't scared of the ic ditto anymore, i told you i learned it in winner's lol.

and omni, you know you had a lot of trouble with my IC's in grand finals.

:colorful:

Framerate

Smash Lord
Best idea ever.

Man, I shoulda gone with you to PA. We totally could have "Team Amazing Hat"-ed(?) it up.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
i wasn't scared of the ic ditto anymore, i told you i learned it in winner's lol.

and omni, you know you had a lot of trouble with my IC's in grand finals.

:colorful:
no i had trouble with your DDD if i got 3 stocked by your ics then i would of had trouble with them. ic's are just if you make a mistake you die and i made 3 a match xD.

not to disrespect your ic's or anything cause there **** good but not sexy enough.

Kel hearts Omniswell. Glad to see you're all better and traveling out of state, man =).

thanks baybee <3 i hope to see you soon man, its been way to long

soap

Smash Hero
Soap how the hell did you drive into pennsylvania lol?
Clearly 4% did not want to get ***** in the finals and led me astray

coulda got some good practice for my birdy too but there were not even enough setups to play friendlies.... melee is depressing me.

its cool though i started playing brawl tonight with AZ, im already like 3.5 times better

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
wow, it has sure been a while. Happy to hear you guys are keeping the Cleveland Tournies alive. Too bad I live in Columbus now.....

Top Bottom