• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tenth Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT: a Leisure Event - Wallingford CT - Apr 19, 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banks

Smash Hero
yea we probably wouldn't change it, it's against the natural laws of nature.

and awsmsean, FOR DEF. i plan on playing melee as much as possible because brawl is lame-o, although I will play for the winnings because I think i can be sufficiently gay!!

Cort

Apple Head
I'm thinking about banning some of the counterpicks I listed originally.

Skyworld is an awful stage. It's cave of life and then cave of death the moment the ledge rocks get destroyed. Some characters get dicked so hard by no ledges there it's not even funny, while others survive forever.

Mario Circuit needs to be banned also, I really oppose the level now after playing DDD on it vs chain grabbable characters. I thought the cars would help in preventing that bull but it's still ridiculously easy to get kills from a grab.

noodles

Smash Champion
after long hour's of study and observation, my two banned stages will be hannenbow....twice.

House M.D.

Smash Apprentice
i (nobody in the smash community that i am) will probably come.

i'm a yale undergrad. if i host a tournament at yale, does anyone think they could come?

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Hanenbow really needs to be banned too imo
Toon link is really too good in it, he can move around using his dair, its just far too big of a advantage imo

phish-it

Smash Champion
Hmmm I think Frigate Orpheon's tendency to turn upside down periodically is too much of a disturbance for it to be considered neutral, since it really can screw you over if you're trying to recover.

I think Hanenbow is an awesome stage, it doesn't seem too flawed to be banned either.

Cort

Apple Head
That's.. not a good reason. At all. The stage doesn't prove itself to be broken just because Toon Link can jump around and dair. If a character can literally run circles around the stage and never be hit, making it similar to Hyrule, then it would get banned. If another character can kill you from a grab anywhere on the stage, then it would get banned.

>_>

edit// I'm reconsidering making Frigate a counterpick instead.

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
By being "picky" and going through all this effort of banning and selecting a list of counter pick stages is useless. All that is being accomplished with Brawl is making a competition out of a random party game. I can't wait to see Solid Jake and scrubs go toe to toe with Cort and P.C. Chris. Kudos to everybody going to this tournament and hope to see all the brawl hating after the tournament results.
~Hoggle

Cort

Apple Head
The point of banning stages is so that the game can be played competitively. It still requires a lot of skill, to some degree. I don't think that it's comparable to Melee, though. It's a new game...

Solid Jake isn't a scrub. And scrubs won't be going toe to toe with people who are better than them.

... @ Pixel

Skler

Smash Master
I will be attending this and bringing a Melee setup because I love Melee. Is that good with everyone? I too will enter the tournament as I feel that I can also spam people until they get close, in which case I will run away and begin spamming.

Edit: I know it's not as simple as that (sometimes I need to shieldgrab) but it's **** close.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Thought I'd just point out that Jake has about 1800 more posts than Hoggle.

Yo, someone team with me. Although I might seriously consider taking a level 9 toon link LOL (not even kidding) The cpu's in this game are ****ing BEASTS!

edit/let it be known that this was my 666th post, unbeknownst to posting it, and I used the word BEAST...mark of the cpu BEAST!!!

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Lol @ hoggle.

Erci is the devil according to post count RIGHT NOW!

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
Thought I'd just point out that Jake has about 1800 more posts than Hoggle.
Aesir has way more posts than th0rn, does that mean hes better than him? You fail at logic, just like you do at smash.

EDIT: Thanks for the help SPAWN, although I really didn't need it >.> You beat me to the reply post.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Aesir has way more posts than th0rn, does that mean hes better than him? You fail at logic, just like you do at smash.

EDIT: Thanks for the help SPAWN, although I really didn't need it >.> You beat me to the reply post.
I'm your Huckleberry. MM?

And FYI, I was pointing out that there was virtually no reason for you to assume that Solid Jake was a scrub, as you made him out to be. He's a smash director with 1800 posts, why on earth would you call him a scrub? Secondly, you have 85 posts, which compared to 1800 is LARGELY significant, so comparing Aesir to Thorn is irrelevant, Thorn is a smash director with plenty of posts, the difference between the two isn't even close. Sorry, but YOUR logic fails. GG. Again, MM?

Aesir

Smash Master
Just like to point to my sig really quicking

Note bolded..>_>

A better similarity would have been say Nus and thorn..>_>

as nus is far more consistant.

-Hoggle-

Smash Journeyman
I'm your Huckleberry. MM?

And FYI, I was pointing out that there was virtually no reason for you to assume that Solid Jake was a scrub, as you made him out to be. He's a smash director with 1800 posts, why on earth would you call him a scrub? Secondly, you have 85 posts, which compared to 1800 is LARGELY significant, so comparing Aesir to Thorn is irrelevant, Thorn is a smash director with plenty of posts, the difference between the two isn't even close. Sorry, but YOUR logic fails. GG. Again, MM?
I don't do MMS first of all, I hate gambling. (Say no jonz all you want i really really don't care)
Secondly stop making assumptions about me, I founded the crew that th0rn is in and started a smash community in Maine, although I'm definitely not the best. I didn't say Solid Jake was a scrub, I said Solid Jake and Scrubs. It was a random smasher that I selected to be the leader of scrubs and wasn't even personal against Solid Jake. The Comparision between Th0rn and Aesir was simple enough one had a thousand and a half difference in post between the other just like solid jake and me. All i simply was trying to show that post count doesn't show skill. Lets see her, I don't do anything productive on this site and have been banned several times, so GG for noticing my low post count. P.S. Nice join date let me know when you've been going to tourneys for over two years otherwise just be quiet and drop this crap of rating people's profiles. Make another paragraph post, I don't care you'll just keep debating my blatant trolling. You did a good job of that by thinking that I was specifically against Solid Jake and not using him as a illustration of how brawl closes the skill gap. (but this belongs in scar's topic and not this one which is why I didn't want to get into it here =D)

th0rn

Smash Lord
LOL @ you using me as an example.

Hoggle's post count doens't mean **** seeing he has about 14 different accounts, first one being 2005.

and I'm sure hoggle would **** ericchewman =D

Banks

Smash Hero
1. I made up NSG's name but i guess hoggle did cause us to play ^_^

2. solid jake is hardcore

3. brawl takes very little, and simple skills cort don't lie >_>, but tournaments will still be fun because of the people

4. frigate as a counterpick sounds really good

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
phish it-I agree, hanenbow is a pretty sick level. I have NO idea why people do not like it. Its quite fun and the music is trippy.

Frigate orpheon is ********....along with any other Metroid level in any smash brothers game. It should be banned....what if someone decides to play with headphones to zone out? They cant hear the siren thing so they lose? Stupid.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Frigate orpheon is ********....along with any other Metroid level in any smash brothers game. It should be banned....what if someone decides to play with headphones to zone out? They cant hear the siren thing so they lose? Stupid.
Honestly, if you chose to wear headphones, that's YOUR choice to not be able to hear audio cues of oncoming threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom