• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tenth Ever Smash Tourny in CONNECTICUT: a Leisure Event - Wallingford CT - Apr 19, 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
Let me point out a couple of things to you Cort---

First off, I've been here for LESS THAN A YEAR whereas you have been here since 2003...wow. I do not know about you but when i recently join something i'm pretty pumped about it and into it...but after 5 year...i do not care as much and i'd maybe post once a day or something..but umm 4.94? Get a REAL hobby. You also have an insane post count...which is pathetic. In this thread go take a look at everyones post count and tell me if it is anywhere near close to 8,000. Next thing, you are a loser....plain and simple. Do you know anyone from CT who sits in their room all day and trys to break records in Target Test? Falco-5.72 seconds or whatever...You think thats "cool?" More like, its really pathetic. Everyone who saw you performing it at Esticle was not actually impressed...they were laughing behind your back (myself included) you have no life and just play videogames all day and jackoff to internet smut. Go ahead and insult me and say I suck at Melee and Brawl...thats okay...im fine with that. I do other things with my life and have other more important things to do. I am here to meet people, have a good time, compete to make it more interesting and just enjoy myself.

You and Dazwa and all of your little friends can insult me all you want because frankly, most of you are just followers and are the biggest set of conformists I have seen around. Some of you are really cool and I mean absolutely no disrespect to you at all but some of you guys need to start thinking for yourselves and not play little butt buddy with Cort.

And I'll say whatever I want, whenever I want...I am not ashamed to say what i believe and stand up to you top players...i do not care. It is just a videogame...its meant to be fun...not something you have to be a jerk about.

Another thing, it is actually quite ironic...but the lesser known players generally, are the nicer cooler people on these boards.
Noodles416, the656, drsuper, papito, princeofsmash, smashbro99, and others are all new players who love to play the game, are cool, and have respect for everyone who plays. All you experienced players have this ego that you cannot be bothered with noobs and that you are so high and mighty above everyone else.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I pretty much respect everybody that plays. You just rubbed off the wrong way for some reason. Iono

It's a pretty well known fact that everybody in CT is cool though.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
So like man...that March Madness stuff is serious buisiness.

But really I thought this was a melee tourny lol, but regardless still making the best attempt to come. If me and people do then we'll have at least a setup with us. (Wii/Brawl)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Darc-Yeah man, no disrespect towards you at all man. You come off as a very cool kid and look forward to meeting you at this tournament. Friendlies sound good? MM maybe? I am just so sick of everyone playing "follower" in this thread...Seriously though Cort, you are REALLY PISSING ME OFF.

Edit- Heart Break Kid-haha yeah man! My bracket is actually not that bad, i picked siena man haha and I was going to pick Ct losing...but second guessed myself...umm Florida anyone? haha haha

Cort

Apple Head
Prince of Failure strikes again. :rolleyes: Here we go...

Let me point out a couple of things to you Cort---

First off, I've been here for LESS THAN A YEAR whereas you have been here since 2003...wow. I do not know about you but when i recently join something i'm pretty pumped about it and into it...but after 5 year...i do not care as much and i'd maybe post once a day or something..but umm 4.94? Get a REAL hobby.
Jesus Christ are you a horrible troll. I've been with this community for more than 5 years, and I'm listening to some little prick on the internet try and tell me to get a new 'hobby' (aren't you the one trolling smashboards with every single one of your ******** posts?) based off a post count as he tries to analyze how much he would post per day after x amount of years.

You also have an insane post count...which is pathetic. In this thread go take a look at everyones post count and tell me if it is anywhere near close to 8,000.
Not like this has to do with ANYTHING, but again I've been around for 5 years.

Next thing, you are a loser....plain and simple. Do you know anyone from CT who sits in their room all day and trys to break records in Target Test? Falco-5.72 seconds or whatever...You think thats "cool?" More like, its really pathetic. Everyone who saw you performing it at Esticle was not actually impressed...they were laughing behind your back (myself included) you have no life and just play videogames all day and jackoff to internet smut.
The only time I play target test nowadays is during tournaments, and only to be entertaining for other people. I used to play and compete for high scores years ago, before I even joined smashboards. And again, I'm playing a videogame and participating in a community... sounds like you're probably jealous since you've completely tainted any possible way for people to like you in this community. Do you know why people think you're a moron? Let me give you a hint:

xxxx (10:01:42 PM): yeah
xxxx (10:01:45 PM): it's just him
xxxx (10:02:04 PM): anybody who is a total ******
xxxx (10:02:15 PM): we'll probably look down on
xxxx (10:02:41 PM): loooool
xxxx (10:02:52 PM): it's funny
xxxx (10:03:11 PM): his unneeded comments are what make him a ******
xxxx (10:03:16 PM): that's why I hate him

Go ahead and insult me and say I suck at Melee and Brawl...thats okay...im fine with that. I do other things with my life and have other more important things to do. I am here to meet people, have a good time, compete to make it more interesting and just enjoy myself.
You're bad at a videogame, woooahh. Last time I checked, so is the rest of CT. This isn't a valid point in this discussion, but with every one of your posts you just ask to get logically *****. I'm here for the same reasons, buddy.

You and Dazwa and all of your little friends can insult me all you want because frankly, most of you are just followers and are the biggest set of conformists I have seen around. Some of you are really cool and I mean absolutely no disrespect to you at all but some of you guys need to start thinking for yourselves and not play little butt buddy with Cort.
You won't have anyone on your side because your posts are a complete pain to read. You exemplify the scrub thought processes and your posts are filled with fallacies of common sense. Just reading this post was difficult enough... but it just begged to get picked apart.

And I'll say whatever I want, whenever I want...I am not ashamed to say what i believe and stand up to you top players...i do not care. It is just a videogame...its meant to be fun...not something you have to be a jerk about.
I'm not some kind of authority figure or someone to stand up to. I'm not the police, I'm just another user. Usually I'm not a jerk but like I've said with each one of your posts you just beg to get kicked in the asss online. >_> Also, aren't you the one being a complete jerk? You either have temper mental problems or are just ridiculously immature, and I'm pretty sure it's one or the other.

Another thing, it is actually quite ironic...but the lesser known players generally, are the nicer cooler people on these boards.
Noodles416, the656, drsuper, papito, princeofsmash, smashbro99, and others are all new players who love to play the game, are cool, and have respect for everyone who plays. All you experienced players have this ego that you cannot be bothered with noobs and that you are so high and mighty above everyone else.
Pretty sure whoever is nice and whoever is cool are the nicer and cooler people on the boards. Noodles, 656, drsuper, Papito, etc, all don't post the way you do and they're all likable. You on the other hand... just look at your posting history. It's absolutely laughable and I'm pretty sure all the people you listed would tell you that.

However, I'm usually the one to tell you cause to be honest I never know how you'll respond and you always surprise me with new scrub mentality posts. Plus I see it as an easy way to raise my post count, durrr.

unknownforce

Smash Lord
Darc-Yeah man, no disrespect towards you at all man. You come off as a very cool kid and look forward to meeting you at this tournament. Friendlies sound good? MM maybe? I am just so sick of everyone playing "follower" in this thread...Seriously though Cort, you are REALLY PISSING ME OFF.

Edit- Heart Break Kid-haha yeah man! My bracket is actually not that bad, i picked siena man haha and I was going to pick Ct losing...but second guessed myself...umm Florida anyone? haha haha
Prince, I've never made an insulting post about you, and I'm not trying to insult you now either. However, lets be fair here. You were clearly out of line in insulting Cort as much as you did. I admit I don't know what has gone on between you two, but the comments you gave in this thread were very personal and uncalled for, whereas I only saw Cort make a small insult towards you. Again, I don't know the history between you two, so understand that I'm not trying to take sides here. Even though I think highly of Cort since I know him pretty well, I still want to be fair and not assume that you were entirely to blame. However, I should clarify that people defend Cort because they like him, not because they follow him (although you are right that he probably has a few fairweather followers via youtube, but then again, nearly all of us do!)

Yes, Cort is a good player, and skill DOES have a correlation with how many players treat you nicely, but Cort earned my respect as a good person way before he reached the point he is at now, and smash players better than me (like Pc.Chris) also treated him well before he became so good. If you want to differentiate between phonies and genuine people, just look at how they treated you before you achieved high status. Most of the best players have always treated me nicely from the start, and you'll find that there are many players who are treated with a lot of respect in the smash community, even if they are not among the top players. I admit we have some elitist players out there, but they are the minority. The majority are far from being elitist.

Once again, please understand that I'm not trying to put you down, especially since I've only seen like three of your posts, but you should be able to admit you went too far with your comments. Regardless of insults Cort has thrown at you in the past, I can't think of much that justifies such a response. Maybe if both of you apologize, this thing can be forgiven (assuming its a genuine apology!) I for one won't hold a single mistake against you, especially if I see that you are a nice guy in normal situations and were simply having a bad day or something.

I guess your initiation into the smash community hasn't been too enjoyable thus far, but you should really give players more of a chance. Most of us are really nice guys, but none of us are perfect.

I hope you guys can work this out in any case, because you are both CT, and all CT is awesome!

Edit-Opps, I didn't see Corts post until after I posted, but seriously guys, lets try to drop this before he have a flame war on our hands. Let's focus on something more fun, like why Monster Party is clearly the best game ever made LOL you know it's true!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Scrub Mobile?
Its a bit more like the Scrub-a-palooza.
<.< Because after what has ALREADY Happened, any self-respecting scrub would not return, or at least continue being a scrub.
>.>
Although for the sake of being on topic:
Who is bringing recording crap this time? I missed out last Esticle.
-DD

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
Ok...a little disclaimer before I post here cause this is getting ridiculous...I do not hate PoF, he just rubs absolutely everyone the wrong way with the way he posts immature insults first as if firing back at people who flame him for trolling is the answer to prove how good he is. I also am a friend of Cort's and I have personally taken some time to pick up on some of his peach tactics for my own (and vanz too).

Being an original out of stater (nj originally) and playing here I've got smash friends from maine to Penn, so I hate it when stuff like this happens. Sorry Cort...but i have to set you straight on some stuff real quick.

Every time Prince of Fire posts god burns a basket of kittens.
Paul, this statement is so immature and stupid I can't understand why someone of your stature in the Ct community would post it....everyone knows that God doesn't burn a basket of kittens whenever PoF posts. I am so disappointed in you...i thought someone who has been around the community long enough......especially someone who should know about people like this (peach mains in specific cause you know who i'm talking about...lol right vanz) you should know better to post this.

Everytime PoF posts, an otherwise smart and helpful member of the community is at risk of being banned.

You're bad at a videogame, woooahh. Last time I checked, so is the rest of CT. This isn't a valid point in this discussion, but with every one of your posts you just ask to get logically *****. I'm here for the same reasons, buddy.
I am horribly offended...not all of CT is bad at smash or brawl.....brookman, myself, hazygoose, jv, jam, Lil and <3...............even nus, v, spawn, trademark and mikemoney do well in tournaments (ask mattdotzebb about how i 8 stocked mass at VLS LOLZ) Its just no one in CT was elitest or actually cared about rankings or ratings...cause we all like each other. Its angry people like PoF that can't take jokes that ruin it.

I have many a time, had people who had only posted once or twice in the friend finder over my apartment to play, paid for food for everyone and gave them tips....we aren't elitest and we aren't a pompous so i don't know where that came from....i guess i'd lash out too if i realized i p.o.'d a lot of people.

I mean, everyone was a scrub once......I was terrible it took countless low tier ***** from Vanz, Tec0, Dcscribz, Hazy, and Oorah-Kabra till i got better....and Cort does more than is seen on the boards, he answers any questions needed and he runs the peach q&a thread...(like lots of knowledgeable pros who have reputations for being egotistical or mean, but are kinda just rubbed the wrong way)

In the end it comes down to this...PoF if you want to be treated nicely like everyone else...treat other people nicely...don't come in saying how awesome you are at brawl or making generalizations about other games, interests, or people that you don't know cause you come off like a scrub..which as we all know....if you posts like a scrub and act like a scrub...you are probably a scrub.

I love CT, NJ, RI, Mainemonthampshire, Ny, Pa, and my 4 swords members....much love and see you guys at esticle....

Banks

Smash Hero
I remember when i first started this game, i was so **** good and no one could beat me and now i'm so **** elite. Now i'm so much better than everyone i only talk to scrubs thru mediocre players or by hand gesture. The moral of the story is, i have everyone's account ignored except for top ten in power rankings. pine just missed the cut, i heard he's a nice guy.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
It is the indirect insults that piss me off. (Above) Things like when I say Brawl is a good game and i really enjoy it and all that Cort will edit in below me just to piss me off, "PS-Brawl sucks" just to spite me or things like the burning of the kittens....which has been said numerous times. Yeah, I do not want any of you to take sides or even get in the middle of anything. My whole problem and source of impulse is Cort. I really do not have a problem with anyone else. I'm just not going to take his crap, thats the bottom line. I tried to apologize to you a couple of weeks ago and get over the whole matter with both you and pc and you responded with "I don't care." You tell me to grow up? Come on man. I admit with what I said was over the top, and you are right about that part....I am sorry for that...I just want peace like the hippies did.

Cort

Apple Head
I say PS Brawl sucks and you say the only reason people are good at Melee is cause of glitches. Also, I really DON'T care, it's really up to you to stop being so two faced and post like a normal person with a brain. I say this because you say one thing, then PM people saying something completely different. You say you looked up to my Marth immediately after complaining about Melee's 'glitches', you saw Mew2King post and PM'd him saying that you've seen videos of his Mewtwo and thought it was good (by the way, there are no videos of Mew2King's Mewtwo anywhere) and asked to exchange friend codes. Lies like that aren't really going to get you liked in this community, it's actually just funny.

P.S. Brawl is horrible

oneangrysquirrel

Smash Apprentice
I think it's funny when people say I'm only good at melee because of glitches. THen I stop wavedash and and still **** them LOL.
I think its funny when people say you are good at melee.

LOLS

<3 demetri...i just had to say it though

Banks

Smash Hero
I love when people say i'm only good at melee because of glitches, then i stop l-cancelling and wavedashing and don't do quite as well

wait..what

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman
I think its funny when people say I'm only good at melee because of glitches, then I.... oh wait nobody told me I was good at melee

On topic: I'm going to try my darnedest to get to esticle, stupid rules about freshman not having cars on campus

PS I saw the red squiggle under esticle so naturally it right clicked to fix it and it said testicle and I lawled

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
LOL th0rn

people who use tilts don't have the balls to do smashes!

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
<< non-confrontational. I think if we all just gave into the power of the arbitrary, pointless, day of cannabis worship that is the day after everyone could put this behind them : ]
Melee really should made an appearance, it would make a lot of people happy. I believe this venue is pressed for space tho...
Tarmacker, do you go to school in Fairfield?

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
hahahaha well I sorta give that same place lots of money every year and if you would like a ride to this I'de gladly drive you if I go
(moving this to ct threat) lol

Edit: uhhhh idk what to say to those people sleepy. I guess get over it the old fashion way...MM!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Alright everyone, epic battle.

East Coast vs. South

Prince of Fire vs. Cash Mooney

G.U.N.Z.

Smash Rookie
WOW....PoF and Cort just play brawl and settle scores

anyway hope this brawl tournament will set the tone for the rest of the brawl tournaments to come in CT...do u guys think brawl will do that good to begin with?

D1

Banned via Administration
There are exploits in Brawl mister "Prince of the Kingdom of the Artist Formely Known as Prince." >_>

7ak

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had gone to the last Melee tournament you guys had a few months ago. Brawl was not worth the wait.........I'll probably stick to Melee and even SSB64.

I can't imagine the pain of a Brawl tournament at this early stage: arrow spamming Pits, B spamming Lucases, semi-decent Marths.....all floating in the air endlessly and sweetspotting recovery after recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom