• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legality Tentative: MBR Official Ruleset for 2012

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah I would play green fox because green is my favorite color but **** those boots. White fox has green pants so :).

Varist

Smash Lord
dude the boots are the reason i ****ing pick him in the first place. that **** looks so cool when you nair.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I've played Double Dash. It's amazing.

My point stands that Daisy is the worst possible Peach costume in this game.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If I had a million dollars I'd buy you a green dress, but not a real green dress that's cruel.

[yt]NhqyiqUe7uE[/yt]

Kal

Smash Champion
I personally like the pink costume. I think it's charming. The white one just makes her look like a nurse. Thanks for conforming to another stereotype, Princess.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Hey

so there's a social thread.

We should probably take this conversation there.

Try to keep this thing on topic >_>

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
I don't know what other conversation there is to have really. We have concluded the stage discussion for the most part unless someone else has a new approach towards the argument. I've gotta go back through and modify the doubles rules and remove Jungle Japes. Fox's nair shine is uber OP near water, but the stage is pretty legit otherwise.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'd personally rather have no posts than crush and the like posting bull****

Kal

Smash Champion
Perhaps a tier list based on fashion? A ruleset based on fashion is too subjective.

Hostility

Smash Ace
There are so many unnecessary stage bans, this new list is a total joke. Learn how to play on kongo jungle 64, there's nothing random about that stage AT ALL, brinstar was the last stage to give floaties at least a fighting chance against spacies, and if you REALLY don't like the stage that much just ban it like I do. The more you ban stages, the more you close off access to the competitive scene because newer players especially like a variety of stages to play on, and the back room looks like less of a joke than it is.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If you're gonna say that theres nothing random at all on a stage, you should make sure that is true. The barrel is completely random, btw

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you're gonna say that theres nothing random at all on a stage, you should make sure that is true. The barrel is completely random, btw
Not sure if serious...

Kal

Smash Champion
Quick, edit it and put in a troll face before anyone notices!

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
What part of it is random? It goes back and forth and starts spinning on a certain second. Im guessing at the second part but i'm sure someone can verify/clarify.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not sure if serious...
The barrel starts at a random position is the only thing I'm sure of. Never cared enough to research it.
It's not like Randall in that it's 100% predictable by any means

Armada

Smash Lord
Yeah the barrel is random and that is really bad.

But the biggest reason why Kongo is banned in my eyes is cause you can time out people WAY to easy. It´s not even hard at all. This works with many chars and against many chars. a stage that completly make it "impossible" for a lot of chars should not be a stage worth useing in a tournament.

Arguments like "no one" does is terrible and also is not true.
Pink Shinobi and Smasher89 is 2 good examples that did it against chars that can´t do anything (and the sad part with Pink Shinobi is that he did it with a slow char as Peach)

If you can succesfully time someone out with a char that generally is not so good at it ask yourself what bad chars on those stages should do against Falcon for example

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think DK can time out Peach on Kongo Jungle 64

Adam you wanna see if I can at APEX?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If you can succesfully time someone out with a char that generally is not so good at it ask yourself what bad chars on those stages should do against Falcon for example
Pick a different character? There is nothing wrong with timing someone out.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
idk I don't think the fact that good chars can do things to bad chars is a good reason to ban a stage. they can do things on every stage.
it's more so what good chars can do to good chars on a stage that matters. kj64 borderline too dumb time-out wise IMO.

Beat!

Smash Master
Pick a different character? There is nothing wrong with timing someone out.
So what's wrong with Hyrule Temple, then? After all, you can just "pick a different character".

Seriously, no one (or at least very few) is contesting that timing someone out is illegitimate in itself. The issue arises when it becomes a completely -or nearly completely- unstoppable strategy in a lot of matchups, even when you only look at the -relevant- characters.

Top Bottom