• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tennessee Thread/Locator + Facebook Locator

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
actually, I would wager that Jack's apartment is the easiest place to find people to play. :lick:

OldSchool

Smash Apprentice
I am in Memphis now, someone call me so I can get some smash in!

*EDIT* It seems I stepped on my phone today and broke it, so calling is no longer a viable option :/ Where do you Memphis guys play? Perhaps I can stop by.

Noak1

Smash Rookie
theotherteam-4210-3670-9401
Nashville

If you want to vs me feel free to send me a PM on the Gamebattles.com website.
profile is theotherteam

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm from Cleveland...and no one else is. lolz.
Does anyone know of any tournaments near Chatt.?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Umm, I could possible do that. But I can't drive yet, 2 months, so maybe I could get some on to take me. Anything a bit closer?

industry

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I am working on joining the forces of good and evil FROM TN, AK, MS. Please help me as much as you can..

WHY YOU SAY!!!!?

CAUSE THIS WILL BE THE FUN YOU LOOKING FOR!!!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Seriously

I am creating a brawl ranking system that will be to krunk but I need you support. This is a job but somebody gotta do it... Comment in the NEW forum for Solid-SOUTH-

If you hate the name we will talk about it there. Hit me up with comments.
Also
1st place $250
2nd place $100
3rd place $50
in September to hype this up holla!!!

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Sup man, welcome back! Been playing only Guilty Gear for the past while, but I ain't out or anything. For the most part that is. I'll be gettin' around more often after a while.

Aurafox
Fox
Chattanooga, TN

Glad yer back, yo! Now get yer azz down here and play me fo' real, haha!

*edit* Link in my sig comes to this thread now.
Do I know you? :lick:

Sariku

Smash Master
Alright, we'll I do have good news. A thread will be up today on what will be going on, but we have a few dates in mind.

The beginning of August at the earliest, which would be August 1-2 and August 8-9. We may have a place to hold it at, and if so, it will be a two day tournament. GameStop has not got back to us whether they will sponsor it or not, but the place will be free to use all weekend. The catch to that is some of the money will go to the D'Iberville Special Needs Soccer Team, set up for disabled and handicapped kids to play soccer and have fun. It will be a two day tournament, the first being Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the second being Melee. You will be able to sleep inside the place all night, and there are restaurants such as Taco Bell, Hooters, Applebees, Outback, Beef O' Bradees, and a few other places close by to the location of the tournament. We will have a Brawl Singles and Doubles and a Melee singles and doubles, each costing 10 dollars to enter. Prizes will consist of the entry fees and possibly others such as gift cards to Wal-Mart and GameStop, and possibly a new 32" TV. The better prizes will be in the tournament the most people express interest in, so weather it be Brawl or Melee, we do not know.

If you have any questions or concerns, you may post it here. We know it's a long way from most Mississippi Smashers, but assuming the prizes are good I don't think that it should matter that much. If most of you want Melee, then we will make the Melee Tournaments the ones worth the prizes. Just tell me what you guys want, as I hope all of you up north will want to come down here and meet the few smashers, like myself, secluded from everyone who is really playing the game. I will have the thread up, but also invite people yourself. People in the Melee scene don't know me nearly as well as they probably know all of you guys, so please help make this a successful tournament.

Thanks.

This was originally posted in the MS Thread.

Vts

Smash Champion
People from memphis you ready for arkansas's bi-weekly?

phil will reimburse you guys $50 in used games if you guys come, he wants you back its starting to scare me :D.

adding people to friends so hope you guys don't mind a random friend request :psycho:

also i'll post update for huge arkansas tournament later this week or early next week.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Alright, we'll I do have good news. A thread will be up today on what will be going on, but we have a few dates in mind.

The beginning of August at the earliest, which would be August 1-2 and August 8-9. We may have a place to hold it at, and if so, it will be a two day tournament. GameStop has not got back to us whether they will sponsor it or not, but the place will be free to use all weekend. The catch to that is some of the money will go to the D'Iberville Special Needs Soccer Team, set up for disabled and handicapped kids to play soccer and have fun. It will be a two day tournament, the first being Super Smash Bros. Brawl and the second being Melee. You will be able to sleep inside the place all night, and there are restaurants such as Taco Bell, Hooters, Applebees, Outback, Beef O' Bradees, and a few other places close by to the location of the tournament. We will have a Brawl Singles and Doubles and a Melee singles and doubles, each costing 10 dollars to enter. Prizes will consist of the entry fees and possibly others such as gift cards to Wal-Mart and GameStop, and possibly a new 32" TV. The better prizes will be in the tournament the most people express interest in, so weather it be Brawl or Melee, we do not know.

If you have any questions or concerns, you may post it here. We know it's a long way from most Mississippi Smashers, but assuming the prizes are good I don't think that it should matter that much. If most of you want Melee, then we will make the Melee Tournaments the ones worth the prizes. Just tell me what you guys want, as I hope all of you up north will want to come down here and meet the few smashers, like myself, secluded from everyone who is really playing the game. I will have the thread up, but also invite people yourself. People in the Melee scene don't know me nearly as well as they probably know all of you guys, so please help make this a successful tournament.

Thanks.

This was originally posted in the MS Thread.
If you hold a Melee Tournament More than likely you will have people Travel from very far away and have tons of people enter. if you make it brawl it will more than likely be the locals and few people from closer states

turok4n64

Smash Cadet
If you hold a Melee Tournament More than likely you will have people Travel from very far away and have tons of people enter. if you make it brawl it will more than likely be the locals and few people from closer states
yeah but Melee is full over glitches and bugs.

I.e. Wave Dashing, etc

Brawl is the better game, which I think why "hardcore" people do not like Brawl, because there are no major game throwing glitches in Brawl like Melee.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
yeah but Melee is full over glitches and bugs.

I.e. Wave Dashing, etc

Brawl is the better game, which I think why "hardcore" people do not like Brawl, because there are no major game throwing glitches in Brawl like Melee.
...Brawl has many more game-altering glitches than Melee. And how have you been on this site since 2004 and still think that something as simple as wavedashing is a glitch?

turok4n64

Smash Cadet
...Brawl has many more game-altering glitches than Melee. And how have you been on this site since 2004 and still think that something as simple as wavedashing is a glitch?
it was NEVER MEANT to be in the game. Even the director of Smash Bros series has said this. It's why the physics was changed

Vts

Smash Champion
melee was perfect except could use more people just for fun (like megaman :chuckle:). brawl on the other hand is like a demo its good for 1 hour and its really buggy/ glitchy.

melee i only know of 2 things that could count as gliches, freezing and L-canceling.

but i'll still play both but more melee than brawl.

also brawl is noob friendly and doesnt take as much skill just more mindgames and better characters.

just my 2 cents

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Honestly physics is a big reason why Melee > Brawl. No Hit stun is another. I think we have had this argument several times already. Thus we all concluded that Batman > DCU.

As for L-Canceling, it was in Smash 64 . They kept it in Melee but toned it down a bit instead of making it no lag like in 64. Honest the only two skills i see in brawl are Prediction and Camping. Thats really it. I wont say i wont play brawl but i definitely don't like it better than Melee. Its a more well rounded game and more fun for people who take time to get good at it. Nintendo targets Casual gamers now more than ever and brawl was clearly targeted to the more Casual side of gamers.

certain chars can still chain Grab (Dedede is basically a fat penguiny version of Melee Shiek)

The game is fun but not better than Melee. Heck if Isiah wasnt so good at 64 it would be better than Brawl.

P.S. Turok4N64 Brawl MM? my Yoshi vs anything. or Melee for that matter. whachu know bout eggtime?

Nite

Smash Champion
Turok, people don't play Brawl because it's stupid. In comparison to melee, there are virtually no combos. I don't know about you, but I like combos. Wavedashing enables some combos, but even without it, Melee has way more to offer.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Turok, people don't play Brawl because it's stupid. In comparison to melee, there are virtually no combos. I don't know about you, but I like combos. Wavedashing enables some combos, but even without it, Melee has way more to offer.
COMMON SENSE MODE! ACTIVATE!!!!!!! <3 Nite you are a beast.

i want your boday

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
No Nite...he physically wants your body; like Buffalo Bill in The Silence of the Lambs.

I'd run if I were you ;)

-Chad-

Slackerator
Dood Nite, talk to Lance/Deeber about holding another one of those tournaments at that college =x that was an awesome good time last time. Could make it Melee + Brawl so all the cool peoples come.

Vts

Smash Champion
Then come to arkansas bi-weekly june 28th! the store will reinburse you guys up to $50 if used games for coming!

btw TN needs to hold a tournament so i can come visist again :).

i wanna be a pop star....

Top Bottom