• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Fynal will vote with us. Looking at Joey to man up also.

We've secured the lynch we want - now to simply make sure we utterly ignore any rebuttals Kuz tries to come out with.

Blazer what do you think of the hypothesis that you are Kuz' scumbuddy? Analyse this from a neutral perspective.

Ditz RR read?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary reminds me of Reyth far more than I'd like.
Do me a favour and spell it out? Otherwise I'm going to assume that I strike fear into the very heart of your being?
I'm genuinely concerned my reads appear to mirror those of RR and DH. I must be wrong.
You say you're genuinely concerned. Sounds like you're joking.
We've secured the lynch we want - now to simply make sure we utterly ignore any rebuttals Kuz tries to come out with.
:facepalm:
What's the short and sweet case on Toastin' again? Or do you just want them out the way because they threaten you? /that loaded question.
Really? What makes you take this stance so soon before Blazer posts for real?
I think if any scum is going to make that admission, it's going to be noobscum.
Hmmm. What's your take on Adum so far?

@Fynal: frozenflame as scum with one of Kuz/Swiss/Adum Y/N?
Who do you like best out of Kuz/Swiss/Adum?

Cheers.

Swiss

Smash Lord
> Implication I'll call you dumb if you don't agree with my reads later.

Short and sweet is: More interested in killing me than reading me, done so under the guise of Swiss is so good he has to die. Plus has spent 99% of the game trying to shred the credibility of various players.

I mean...wat.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Short and sweet is: More interested in killing me than reading me, done so under the guise of Swiss is so good he has to die. Plus has spent 99% of the game trying to shred the credibility of various players.
To what extent is this true of you, Swiss? Please outline for me the difference between you/Toastin' w.r.t. you telling people to sheep you, and pushing a Toastin' waggon.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Well I'm the best scum player on Dgames, and one of the best townies (top 3 imo). Modesty is one of my many qualities.

The difference between myself and Toastin is that I have only been trying to lynch Toastin since I got my scumread - if you look at our interactions I do not call him scum till he did something (when I voted, look just before that, I don't recall the post. Which I probably should) Toastin has spent the entire game attempting to lynch/cripple me. He has not created a case as to why I am scum, merely accused me of attacking credibility and tried scare tactics.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Ok, cool. Last question for the time being:
How confident are you in Toastin' being scum right now? Please give me a percentage figure.

Swiss

Smash Lord
The percentage would be arbitrary.

I am highly confident in Scum Toastin'.

Let's say 9/10.

Wait, did he just refuse to give a percentage and instead give a probability. What is this man playing at? Curious.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Pink Lemonade said:
What do you think about him saying he would be "green" to our playstyle and how that has been reflected in his actions? Honestly, I believe that his playstyle is very different from the usual, and I don't see scum motivation behind him blatantly fence-sitting nor in his self-meta; the "form of action" he did and did not take seems like playstyle issues and not content issues to me. I've been provoking him for reads/content instead of immediately jumping on him like WL did, because I don't think there is enough info from him to have a solid read on him yet and rather his playstyle so far has made him an easy target, and hence why I don't like your hop on him either.
I see scum motivation in lack of explanation, I would really love it to just get more out of the slot instead of blatant excuses, but I have noticed the lack of action in Toastin too, I'm going to give them another look.

#HBC | ѕoup

Well I'm the best scum player on Dgames, and one of the best townies (top 3 imo). Modesty is one of my many qualities.

The difference between myself and Toastin is that I have only been trying to lynch Toastin since I got my scumread - if you look at our interactions I do not call him scum till he did something (when I voted, look just before that, I don't recall the post. Which I probably should) Toastin has spent the entire game attempting to lynch/cripple me. He has not created a case as to why I am scum, merely accused me of attacking credibility and tried scare tactics.
I noticed this, I gave Kuz leeway because I felt he was going to use what he did in pre-game as a means to read you, instead he hasn't even looked at it nor considered it, his jump on ditz in this manner is a lot more incriminating.

#HBC | ѕoup

Swiss, you never replied to me when I asked you about your read on Ditz/Kuz being a team:

Myself said:
Swiss said:
I am suggestuible to a Toastin/Ditz scumteam (they are at each others throats to a remarkable degree).
Reasons being that JDietz jumped on Toastin despite me sheeping and Nabe being the instigator? I think I get your logic, but show me the game-plan.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I skipped it because I cannot justify it.

The pressure being placed (Ditz to Toastin iirc) felt forced. I'll have to go back after work and find the text. eta 5 hours?

#HBC | ѕoup

Adum said:
Questioning my laundry read heavily right now.
This reason; why?

JDietz said:
Really? What makes you take this stance so soon before Blazer posts for real?
I think if any scum is going to make that admission, it's going to be noobscum.
Thing is I don't see why Blazer hasn't posting for real yet, either he has no charisma at all or he's just bull****ting. I don't want to feel like I have to do this with someone. Noobscum? No, noobscum would try it's hardest to stay intertwined with what town is doing and look for the best wagon, I didn't see that, I see lack in anything at all. For that reason, I see why some people have put blazer as townie, but it's going to take more from Blazer before I dismiss what I'm doing.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Responding to prod. Working out some personal junk for now, so mafia's taking a backseat

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
@Fynal: frozenflame as scum with one of Kuz/Swiss/Adum Y/N?
Who do you like best out of Kuz/Swiss/Adum?

Cheers.
i can see FF/kuzzi scumteam. FF's entering post giving an impressively nonexistant opinion on kuz wagon and suggesting an inactive lynch would definitely have a motive then. Also that lines up with the theory that kuz went inactive in hopes that a noobtown (...maybe a current inactive) would come in, scum around, and get pressure off kuzzi. (FF has continued to advocate an inactive lynch as of #413)

uhh, swiss. I hate to call him a townread because hell he's swiss, but he's a townread.
kuz is probably scum, adumb.... i'm actually gonna go re-read adumb right now. I need to sort this one out, particularly that "ur stupid and ur logic is sophomoric" post from a while back.

Blazer

Smash Ace
This reason; why?

Thing is I don't see why Blazer hasn't posting for real yet, either he has no charisma at all or he's just bull****ting. I don't want to feel like I have to do this with someone. Noobscum? No, noobscum would try it's hardest to stay intertwined with what town is doing and look for the best wagon, I didn't see that, I see lack in anything at all. For that reason, I see why some people have put blazer as townie, but it's going to take more from Blazer before I dismiss what I'm doing.
Or I, you know, have a life outside of the internet. Between working, friends, and being a full time athlete I don't get a whole lot of free time to full on read what was 40 pages of stuff (Now 13 thanks to you informing me we had an option to wittle it down) Not to mention I've already explained myself to you a few times and said "Hey, I will get on and do stuff tomorrow/today" You're pushing a lynch on someone who hasn't posted much awfully hard there. FOS: Ragnarok

@Swiss' interjections: I don't approve of blindly following anyone just because "They're the best", simply because you could be scum and you'd have a pretty sizeable group of followers if we just blindly did as you told us. And yes by all out war between the heavy hitters I did mean you and Adumb v. Toastin. FF has had little interjections into it though, about as much as he always does @_@
On the hypothesis of me being Kuz's scum partner, I have no idea where this idea even came from as I've been leaning towards Kuz being scum just haven't had the information to make a good post on it yet. (I've ended up following you, albeit only semi-blindly)

Now then, I'm going to go buy food, eat, open up notepad, and figure out what all happened and make opinions verbalized. Coming into the game a week late seriously killed my play here and I apologize for that one last time. I had a friend from the military in and forgot smashboards existed until the point I posted. Thanks. (Yay, I actually contributed!)

Swiss

Smash Lord
@Swiss' interjections: I don't approve of blindly following anyone just because "They're the best", simply because you could be scum and you'd have a pretty sizeable group of followers if we just blindly did as you told us. And yes by all out war between the heavy hitters I did mean you and Adumb v. Toastin. FF has had little interjections into it though, about as much as he always does @_@
On the hypothesis of me being Kuz's scum partner, I have no idea where this idea even came from as I've been leaning towards Kuz being scum just haven't had the information to make a good post on it yet. (I've ended up following you, albeit only semi-blindly)
So, if I could prove myself town - you would follow me blindly?

OK - perhaps you aren't really Kuz' partner. It depends on how convincing your case on him is I suppose.

Alas.

#HBC | ѕoup

You think ScumKuz looking for an easy lynch?
Not the easy lynch, the easy push. Nabe did the work and all kuz did was follow onto it, I even cited to JDietz how he just ignored me or nabe and focused on Kuz instead for his wagon, that's why I felt the same scumpartner vibes you had.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I expect diamonds.
Don't, because it's unlikely I'll have them. It's day 1, and I'm still only rereading, meaning details will be missed. I don't have the effort levels required to please you I'm guessing.
So, if I could prove myself town - you would follow me blindly?

OK - perhaps you aren't really Kuz' partner. It depends on how convincing your case on him is I suppose.

Alas.
If you could prove yourself town without a shadow of a doubt, I'd follow you almost blindly, but I'd still have my opinions. I'm not gonna vote someone I 75% or above don't think is mafia.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'll be brief.

Soup and JD are town.

RR and DH are scum.

I'm intentionally not commenting on Kuz, Swiss, and FF.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Kuz: Most of pregame. 149 Rubbed me wrong, no signifigant reason.
158, He's on swiss early. For really no reason. Yes, Swiss is a good player, but taking his immunity etc d1 may not be the best go for the town.
Fynal makes a good point on him at 174.
185 He's really only trying to get Swiss to take immunity so that he's killable later if needed. This strikes me as odd. You're basically asking for Swiss to die. Also, killing the doctor means swiss dies immediately with his plan, unless Swiss is mafia, but then we'd probably know.
210 Swiss makes a lot of good points on Kuz
251: Toastin obviously fears Swiss. But he makes a good point that Swiss is good enough to get out of anything. I'd still rather have him around myself than have him nightkilled by mafia D2
260: Really has no bearing on Kuz techincally but, FF should have the hammer D1. Since I played here, he's always been first to die.
320: Just an interjection to him saying everyone has town read on swiss over nothing: Swiss has been doing plenty. He just plays a very null style that leans town.
In finality, if you don't believe that we can lynch Swiss during the day, why are you trying at him so hard?
Most likely to be scum of anyone, imo.

Swiss:Swiss is an incredible player, makes him a difficult read.
Post 210 he asks for the doc to save him without fail. This bothers me as it leaves open everyone else, but in all honesty, the way he plays I'd probably be saving him.
Also the post where he wanted people to sheep to him and him asking me just a few posts ago to sheep to him, bother me. But he has an incredible ego (Much like I used to in games where I'm obscenely above the other players; I would go so far as to mentor a player each game to improve them.) so I'm not going to throw an attack on him for that style of play.
Most likely town, but it's impossible to tell.

Kary makes a good point on Swiss and Kuz at 275 saying they just want the immunity for themselves (And control of the game imo), this leads to me thinking one of them is likely mafia. If I'm wrong though the town would be in deep trouble.

Jdietz: 119 It just bothered me the way his whole series of posts went here. No real reason why.
Don't have a huge case on him, but I lean towards scum on him currently. Just his playstyle maybe.

Glyph: Just constant psychiatric jokes. Nothing against him really other than inactivity and lulz that are secretly serious. I'm giving him the townie card.

Ragnarok: Went super aggressive on me when I was still fairly inactive, regardless of the fact that I'd stated numerous times why I had been. Seems like an attack on a player who hasn't yet caught up hoping to just play outright aggressor to get me lynched. A tactic that is commonly successful that I hate.
Also, always seems to be in attack mode when he posts talking to anyone. That just rubs me wrong.Read 343 for reference here.
Feels scummy, but not enough to warrant a vote.

FF: Just seriously innactive. But that's normal FF play so it's impossible to have a real read.

No one else has really stood out. Adumb really hasn't given me much of a read like he has for you all.

Vote: Kuz

Just because he's the one I have the biggest case against.

Won't likely post again until late tonight, and will most likely be late tomorrow posting as well. Both times I will likely be exhausted and just be popping in for a small post.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[8] Toastin' Dat Walrus: Red Ruy / Jdietz43 / adumbrodeus / Swiss / Dark Horse / WashedLaundry / Nabe / Blazer

[1] Swiss: Toastin' Dat Walrus
[1] Яagnarock: Pink Lemonade

[0] -Masquerain-

[0] Kary
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] frozenflame751
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Jdietz43
[0] adumbrodeus
[0] Blazer

[6] Not Voting: Kary / DtJ Glyphmoney / Fynal / frozenflame751 / -Masquerain-
/ Яagnarock

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

Declared V/LAs

• -Masquerain- [until Wednesday]
_

Mod note for future reference:
I will accept votes on individual hydra components as a vote toward that hydra slot.

Blazer

Smash Ace
unvote

That's all I wanted.
I don't like this either. You were attempting to pressure for opinion (It was obvious anyway, and I did need to do it) but where everyone else accepted that someone was busy and that I'd said "Hey I'm going to post at some point soon" you forced the issue more.

Continued FOS on you.

#HBC | ѕoup

I don't like this either. You were attempting to pressure for opinion (It was obvious anyway, and I did need to do it) but where everyone else accepted that someone was busy and that I'd said "Hey I'm going to post at some point soon" you forced the issue more.

Continued FOS on you.
I made it clear I had no reason to drag this on when I all I wanted was explanation, you're reading as noobtown way more than noobscum and the fact that you followed through and actually had something on Kuz tells me that you weren't bull****ting or wasting my time, even if you are scum you've given me connections based on what you said, all I was doing was instigating you to force reads.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Swiss, did you get what you needed from blazer?
Entirely. He didn't spend the whole post dissecting Kuz yet still threw his lot in with us. Not buddies.

In finality, if you don't believe that we can lynch Swiss during the day, why are you trying at him so hard?
This made me smile.

@ Soup ninja - you still believe him anti town?

#HBC | ѕoup

I wasn't giving FF the luxury to come back and hammer randomly, it was my time to shine. :cool:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[9] Toastin' Dat Walrus: Red Ruy / Jdietz43 / adumbrodeus / Swiss / Dark Horse / WashedLaundry / Nabe / Blazer
/ Яagnarock

[1] Swiss: Toastin' Dat Walrus
[1] Яagnarock: Pink Lemonade

[0] -Masquerain-

[0] Kary
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] frozenflame751
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Jdietz43
[0] adumbrodeus
[0] Blazer

[5] Not Voting: Kary / DtJ Glyphmoney / Fynal / frozenflame751 / -Masquerain-

I will post the lynch scene shortly.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Not the answer I was hoping for, the swiss slot concerns me a great deal now.
Explain.

What was key was that he took action yet after my pressure didn't feel the need to grab for credit. His deifying me was perhaps unnecessary but I glossed over it. Hell, I am that good.

Doc on me. Vig free shoot. Want investigatives on Kary, maybe Ditz. I'll take a Soup inno too.

Top Bottom