• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Unless you've got it set at 10 posts a page or something ridiculous like that, there's no way you could have it at 29 pages. It's only 11 on 40ppp.

Also I read this game in one sitting myself and it was nearly as long.

But this is just whiny nitpicky bull**** and not actually my point. "I'm going to sit in the back, not say much of anything, and probably not vote?" Seriously? That's the epitome of a scum playstyle right there.

Blazer

Smash Ace
Also, if I was scum I'd have just faded back out. I'm not stupid, I've played in far too many mafia games to be screaming out "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY" when I'm mafia. No one is that stupid.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Also, if I was scum I'd have just faded back out. I'm not stupid, I've played in far too many mafia games to be screaming out "I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY" when I'm mafia. No one is that stupid.
Vote: Blazer

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
strawmanning.
Takes me back to the good ol' days

It's not a Defense. Rather, he is just dismissing all of his attackers.
Mm. Which I like, because my reasoning was flat, Walrus sheeped, and Soup thought he was sheeping, but had misinterpreted and substituted worse reasoning. This is "taking it in stride", as I said -- he knows when ****'s not right and didn't stress over the votes. He then went on to make a long post addressing multiple people.

The thing is, I don't like Nabe's reasoning for his JDeitz vote from his #225 because all it says is that JDietz is scummy for not liking pre-game.
You've misunderstood. My argument in 225 was that Ditz had said two things in contradiction to one another, the net result being that it looked like he was faking reads when questioned by _ in _.

Not sure what bolded means, BUT now that you "have what you wanted", what do you think of the other people who voted Deitz, including Soup and Toast?
What could be confusing about the bolded, lol. It says they're both suspicious and that I'd elaborate when I'm on terra firma, i.e. a computer rather than a phone. Since then I'm pretty sure that Soup is D>S. But it reflects badly on Toast that they didn't give up on this line of reasoning with Ditz after he started playing the game; the push to activity and a reaction shot was all that my reasoning could sustain.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I couldn't tell whether he genuinely believed the points he made against JDietz:

Or whether he skewing what had happened in order to pressure JDietz.
Do you think my paraphrasing was a skewing of the text of Ditz's posts? If so, why? You seem to imply here that the answer is yes, without supplying reasoning / analysis of the differences, making this seem an empty stance.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[6] Toastin' Dat Walrus: Red Ruy / Jdietz43 / adumbrodeus / Swiss / Dark Horse / WashedLaundry

[1] adumbrodeus: Pink Lemonade
[1] Swiss: Toastin' Dat Walrus
[1] Blazer: Яagnarock

[0] -Masquerain-

[0] Яagnarock
[0] Kary
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] frozenflame751
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Jdietz43

[7] Not Voting: Kary / Blazer / DtJ Glyphmoney / Fynal / frozenflame751 / -Masquerain- / Nabe

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

Declared V/LAs:

• -Masquerain- [until Monday]

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Do you think my paraphrasing was a skewing of the text of Ditz's posts? If so, why? You seem to imply here that the answer is yes, without supplying reasoning / analysis of the differences, making this seem an empty stance.
Finally, I hate when games start before they actually start. Too much room for RVS Wifom that I don't get to follow.
Gut feeling is a dislike of your slot and Adum for putting all this wifom out right out of the gate and skipping all forms of RVS I'm familiar with.

Dislike that some people already claim a scum read on me from said dislike of pre-game posting. We'll see where they go with it though. (I don't really know since I don't know how to take pre-game stuff, could be town intent from seeing me be lazy, otherwise looking for easy targets. We'll know eventually)
"I won't be reading pregame"
"I hate games with content in pregame"
"I have reads based on what I've read of the pregame content"
He had said that he would skim the pre-game, rather than reading it properly, but that doesn't mean he's not reading it at all.
As such, having gut feelings as to certain slots, and dislike of certain actions etc. is not unreasonable for him to have, and he's not claiming solid reads.
And whether or not he actually likes pre-game is irrelevant to whether he's scum?

So yeah, it looked a bit like you were stretching what he'd done to make it seem scummy, and see how he'd respond. I don't know whether that's the case or it's just the way you worded it that gave me that impression, but I was a bit like... 'uh, really?'

It was more intended as a question, anyways- as to whether you genuinely did get scum vibes off of what JDietz said. I was more like 'why is he posting this' but that could go either way, so I was curious what you thought.

Am I right in saying you had something on Soup?

Where is Toastin' ?

Ok with Blazer right now (i.e. not getting scum vibes)... would like to hear some of his opinions when he gets round to it, please.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
that was HORRIBLE
my freaking desk was half the size of a sheet of paper and i had to hold it up with my knee to keep it from squeaking like crazy whenever i wrote. also OMG INSTALL A FREAKING AIRCONDITIONER ITS NOT THAT HARD AND MAKES EVERYONES LIFES BETTER!
i hope i never have to see hear think about or even mildly consider calculus again for the rest of forever. i better have got a passing grade...

im at about #280 atm, working on it

I was stating objectively that we aren't on the same scumteam, or you would have known that we were hydraing. Easy stuff man.
this whole thing reads like planned/forced scum distancing

also eeeeewwww. nabe switches from kuzzi to dietz. says kuzzi: "wow. i'm gonna quote what nabe said and add my vote, then he'll stop looking at me!" looks hella opportunistic

dietz is null to me at this point. his town play was pretty scummy in the mini we played and similar to now he didn't try to scramble to fix it when accused. This is why I asked kuz if he had played with dietz before, to which he responded in #255. any similar (or different) experiences kuz? I wasn't sure if i should talk about it before, the other game being ongoing and all, (his being town was my read, not a flip at that point)

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Did kuz follow it up?

His tone was serious, but he just dropped it when nobody followed it up, that's why it's wierd and uncomfortable.
I guess what I'm not understanding is that Kuz did keep talking about the hammer, well into toDay trying to bargain with Swiss over who gets the hammer and such, so I'm not seeing where you said he dropped it when it wasn't followed up.

I feel like you're subsisting on pointing out supposed hypocrosy, but note that I'm not dismissing a case against me via this method. I'm dismissing his dismissal of my case against kuz, something that was taken quite seriously by the better players in the game and something I'd already been explain and continued explaining.

So, I was being a d*ck because he was calling my play dumb, not because he was making a case on me. I was pointing out that calling it dumb or scum said more about his level of play then mine. Ultimately an exertion to take my case seriously and vote toastin.

Gorf on the other hand, used it as his exclusive method for dealing with cases against him, without making significant contributions in other areas. Hence the flailing scum read.

Now that I've explained why it's not hypocrisy, would you vote toastin?
Kk fair enough, the bolded parts do make sense to me.

Unvote

I'm still not convinced of a toastin lynch, however, and I would like to see his/their responses to my post/recent activity next time they post.

Adum, what are your thoughts on Blazer's entrance and the reaction to it?

You've misunderstood. My argument in 225 was that Ditz had said two things in contradiction to one another, the net result being that it looked like he was faking reads when questioned by _ in _.
Ah kk, either way I didn't take it as a bad thing because after watching your process of voting, getting a reaction from Dietz and then unvoting, I assumed your initial vote was only a slight suspicion and thus meant to apply pressure. Is that correct?

What I wanted was for Toastin and Soup to explain beyond your reasoning why they were voting for Deitz, because I didn't feel like their votes were simply for pressure when they hopped on the wagon.

What could be confusing about the bolded, lol. It says they're both suspicious and that I'd elaborate when I'm on terra firma, i.e. a computer rather than a phone. Since then I'm pretty sure that Soup is D>S. But it reflects badly on Toast that they didn't give up on this line of reasoning with Ditz after he started playing the game; the push to activity and a reaction shot was all that my reasoning could sustain.
>< I was just tired and couldn't figure out wth "sus" meant...now it makes sense lol. But kk, I like that train of thought.

Two questions, what do you think of Soup's reaction to Blazer? Do you think that his play altogether leans D>S, or just in the case of the Deitz wagon?

Vote: Ragnarock

Soup, reason for your vote on Blazer? And can you explain what you specifically dislike about the quote you quoted in your #444?

Blazer, if you had to lynch someone right now, who would it be?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Pink Lemonade said:
Vote: Ragnarock

Soup, reason for your vote on Blazer? And can you explain what you specifically dislike about the quote you quoted in your #444?
Making an excuse for his own play is both scummy and anti-town, town should be more willing to explain their actions rather then hide behing 'what-if' statements, all Blazer is defend himself in a manner that tries to say 'guys, i'm not mafia, i woulda done X if I was!'

He didn't even respond to my vote either, I dislike the form of action he did or did not take.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
FF's play as of wherever i am (#360ish?) is pretty lame

I resent comments like "lol everyone has a town read on Swiss despite him doing nothing". I don't have a town read on him :mad:

I really don't follow the Gorf/Kuz wagon. Don't really have a problem with it but I don't still what the case is.

Let's consider like killing Blazer or Glyph or Fynal or something. I have a good feeling there's scum in there. Who's with me?
"hey guys, i have absolutely no opinion on the wagon on a major player. So, you wanna lynch an inactive?"

thats one interesting mentality

then theres this post where when asked for thoughts on toastin, FF responds with no thoughts on toastin's play what so ever, he just says the wagon isn't solidly based and asks for arguements vs kuz.

after joey asks him to, FF does post an opinion about stuff thats happened, which says that kuz/me aren't scummates and gives no concrete read.

his posts (another example) sound to me like "i want to be active without reading the thread/giving opinions" which strikes me as scummy.

continuing read

Blazer

Smash Ace
Worked all day, will catch up within the hour and give some idea of an opinion soon on what's happened since I've posted last. (Still haven't had a chance to go over the last two or three pages due to work, I'll be off tomorrow and online enough to reread so I'm more caught up than my skimming)

Blazer

Smash Ace
Making an excuse for his own play is both scummy and anti-town, town should be more willing to explain their actions rather then hide behing 'what-if' statements, all Blazer did* is defend himself in a manner that tries to say 'guys, i'm not mafia, i woulda done X if I was!'

He didn't even respond to my vote either, I dislike the form of action he did or did not take.
I did explain my actions, in post 433. I said I had read the entire topic pretty much at once and quit focusing towards the end. I can't explain it more than that, there's no point in arguing when I've already said what I need to say.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
k, at least 1 content-y FF post. also WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH nice walls there PL

Blazer

Smash Ace
Will give real opinion tomorrow. Too exhausted to think much today. I do think one of the heavy hitter players (Swiss, FF, Toastin, Kuz) probably needs to go since they are ALL at war with one another it seems, but which one(s) are scum and which ones are town I have no idea at the moment. I shouldn't have skimmed so much, tomorrow I give a serious reread, with a pen and paper. <_<

Pink Lemonade

Smash Rookie
Making an excuse for his own play is both scummy and anti-town, town should be more willing to explain their actions rather then hide behing 'what-if' statements, all Blazer is defend himself in a manner that tries to say 'guys, i'm not mafia, i woulda done X if I was!'

What do you think about him saying he would be "green" to our playstyle and how that has been reflected in his actions? Honestly, I believe that his playstyle is very different from the usual, and I don't see scum motivation behind him blatantly fence-sitting nor in his self-meta; the "form of action" he did and did not take seems like playstyle issues and not content issues to me. I've been provoking him for reads/content instead of immediately jumping on him like WL did, because I don't think there is enough info from him to have a solid read on him yet and rather his playstyle so far has made him an easy target, and hence why I don't like your hop on him either.

k, at least 1 content-y FF post. also WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH nice walls there PL
im gonna have to read those arent i :sadeyes:
It's the same wall, just posted twice because I didn't realize it posted the first time >< so you only have one wall to read.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What are your thoughts on Swiss from the Swiss/Toastin interactions? And your thoughts on the Kuz/Adum interactions?

Also, do you have any scumreads other than Toast?
Leaning town, dunno why people wanna take it away from him for his interactions, maybe the fact he hasn't expanded but it is early.

Other scum reads, if I had them I don't remember who they were, means I need to reread, gone for 3 days can do that when I skimmed the game for the most part.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Damnit july, stop being too smart for town's good. I wanted to sit on that for a bit and see who else jumped on.

July is correct, that is not the kind of admission scum, especially noobscum would make. Saying they're gonna lurk? Best way to draw the attention of the entire town. Blazer is pretty likely town.

Dark horse it's irrelevant, he's weak enough to do it as town or just bandwagoning as scum.

Soup is weak and what he's doing here reads sincere, throw him in the town pile.

July (aka lemonaid) said this too early, but it puts her firmly town.

Questioning my laundry read heavily right now.

Nabe should know better then to be totally mechanical in his scumhunting, scum.

Not sure what this means for RR yet, similar issues to DH.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
What?

Saying that he's going to lurk for a reason is a great way to try and lurk and get away with it, as, if it's brought up that he's lurking, people can just point to the reason to show why he's lurking.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why can't I vote all this scum.

Ran asks so many questions all the time.
Ryu, you've been posting filler far more than I'm comfortable with this game. Give me a more in-depth look at your reads. Why Blazer scum?

Will give real opinion tomorrow. Too exhausted to think much today. I do think one of the heavy hitter players (Swiss, FF, Toastin, Kuz) probably needs to go since they are ALL at war with one another it seems, but which one(s) are scum and which ones are town I have no idea at the moment. I shouldn't have skimmed so much, tomorrow I give a serious reread, with a pen and paper. <_<
Please do.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
July is correct, that is not the kind of admission scum, especially noobscum would make. Saying they're gonna lurk? Best way to draw the attention of the entire town. Blazer is pretty likely town.
Really? What makes you take this stance so soon before Blazer posts for real?
I think if any scum is going to make that admission, it's going to be noobscum.

> Wagon forms on Toastin.

> Goes inactive so people forget about him hopes some ******* townie makes a scummy post and a last minute bandwagon pops.
^This

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[7] Toastin' Dat Walrus: Red Ruy / Jdietz43 / adumbrodeus / Swiss / Dark Horse / WashedLaundry / Nabe
[1] Swiss: Toastin' Dat Walrus
[1] Blazer: Яagnarock
[1] Яagnarock: Pink Lemonade

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Kary
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] frozenflame751
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Jdietz43
[0] adumbrodeus

[6] Not Voting: Kary / Blazer / DtJ Glyphmoney / Fynal / frozenflame751 / -Masquerain-

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

Swiss

Smash Lord
All games are gone now, sadly. So tis impossible.
No worries, you might be good.

I don't trust Swiss too much, primarily because of a post where he requested that people he didn't know much about should basically hivemind to him or FF.
Nvm.

Though elaborate on this, why should I not wish people to follow me? Is that not both benficial and irrespectve of my faction?

Or are you simply saying you dislike me as a person, which I would understand and insult you for.

Swiss: What do you think of Frozen so far?
I think I'd like him more if he'd openly stated I'm obvtown and Toastin' needs to die. So until he does that I'll put him at straight null. Liked his analysis in 413. Expected more reads.

Hands up if you think this reeks of scum too.
Elaborate.

Kary reminds me of Reyth far more than I'd like.

Fynal2gud.

#461 good

Adum factor that into my FF read - null

Go into more detail on this.

Also this 'all out war' - I assume you mean myself and Adum VS Toastin? FF is barely involved, you didn't mention Adum and Toastin is Kuz.

Wat.

I'm genuinely concerned my reads appear to mirror those of RR and DH. I must be wrong.

Top Bottom