• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tekken Mafia | Now with the real endgame flavour.... Who won?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Why did I not expect that to come next.

Oh right, because you guys all just put that stupid joke in a box and forgot about it after a certain point in time.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I took Adumb's reasoning as purely joking the first time around, but as he became more serious about it I noticed the abnormality of it, he's trying to put fake suspicion on you based on how you reacted to things, the way he worded things "I know you're scum kuz" made me feel like he was hella reaching on his part and he didn't have a damn clue what he was doing, I felt like he was just making this up and he really had no intention to do these things as town, mostly because I don't think even Adum would be dull enough to realize when his fake pressure gambit didn't work.

I looked again and had second thoughts, and I don't think Adum actually has a scum-read on you, I think he's still bull****ting and being abnormal about it, but I don't think he would go this far as to make a reach on a power player as scum OR make himself such an undermining target.
No, that ****'s legit. He actually thinks that.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Concerning Kuz, Swiss and Adum, and their interactions pre-Day 1; I feel like Kuz/Swiss are trying to pressure one another and get reads much more than Adum. Overall, Adum seems like he's stuck on loop already, which is disappointing, and I don't care much for him being so bullish. However, a significant part of Kuz/Swiss interacting seemed to be arguing over mechanics, which I didn't really care for, not least because it is mostly speculation. As to their alignments, I suspect Kuz/Swiss aren't aligned, but beyond that I can't really say.
I like this post.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Congratulations, you've figured out why I don't like pre-game stuff. People somehow use it to justify things ahead of time. Game started, I'm here. If you have a problem with what my actual opinions are, say so, otherwise come off it. You're flat proving to me it was the right decision and pre-game is beyond my scope by voting me for it.
You realize that the issue people have with you is precisely because you refuse to read into the pre-game stuff despite it actually holding weight, right?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Talking League / discussing hammer isn't content and makes me feel that you're phoning it in. Maybe I'm out of touch with your playstyle but don't you generally scumhunt?

:phone:
So Nabe seems towny this game. Which is strange because he almost always reads scum to me.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I resent comments like "lol everyone has a town read on Swiss despite him doing nothing". I don't have a town read on him :mad:

I really don't follow the Gorf/Kuz wagon. Don't really have a problem with it but I don't still what the case is.
Well Frozenflame's got my thoughts down to a tee thus far. This is strange.

Let's consider like killing Blazer or Glyph or Fynal or something. I have a good feeling there's scum in there. Who's with me?
Not sure how I feel about an inactive yet though.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
And instead of talking to us about possible scum, you could be specific. Who is the scum on your wagon right now?

I don't see how me jumping on you is any different than Toastin jumping on you, He's looking for the D1 lynch already and I'm just a sheep. Why?

I know Kuz, he usually doesn't reveal his hand early into the game, call it Meta but I don't get how this is incriminating at all.

Like this explanation.

Unvote

Kary is trying something different and I'm not sure if I like it, reminds me of his newbie but willing to look at it differently, Kary, you're going to use this as something to create reads, right?

Reasons being that JDietz jumped on Toastin despite me sheeping and Nabe being the instigator? I think I get your logic, but show me the game-plan.

Elaborate.
I was about to call you scum because you're not doing **** which is strange for you.

Then you do this, which is something you usually do as town.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Wow, I thought I would've had a lot more yelling, a lot more of something to say than a bunch of one-liners. Y'all kept away from the ****** fresh this game though so I guess that goes a little to the "Let's not give Laundry high blood pressure by 30" cause.

ANYWAY.

This entire Kuz/Swiss/Adumb interaction is frustrating because, to some degree, it starts to read like a clash of egos. Lemme talk about Adumb right now to get it out of the way: his logic is some mixture of flawed, overthought, and reaching but I'm struggling to call him scum from it. Reading tone on a toneless beast such as the internet is a very tricky thing to do and leaves a lot up to subjective interpretation. I don't trust where he's going with this and one game where he called one right isn't going to change my mind on this.

Now onto the big beast: I don't see why Kuz is doing half the **** he's doing. On the one hand, I think saying "he's scum because lol subtleties" is ******** because if I don't see those subtleties, I'm not going to get it. But on the one hand I question his motives as well. His entire reason for pushing Swiss to hammer D1 is fueled way more by paranoid suspicions that Swiss shouldn't get near LyLo and is not anchored nearly enough in reading Swiss. If he thinks Swiss is scum, he shouldn't need a power play to do it. He should be lynching Swiss, but instead he spent pages upon pages bickering with him and took a very roundabout way to getting to a Swiss vote when he should've been right on top of that immediately. He hasn't extrapolated why Swiss is scum and he's spent way too much energy arguing about how Swiss should have his invulnerability popped early rather than telling us why Swiss is scum in the first place. It's weird. His priorities are all over the place and it does make me question him.

I don't see a lot I like about Swiss from this. The only reason I even like him right now is because I don't see how he and Kuz could be on the same scumteam and I'm disliking Kuz right now. If Kuz flips town, Swiss comes into doubt again.

I got the Soup suspicions up until the last page. I've played enough with both sides of Soup to understand his tendencies. As scum, he tends not to care and tends to put very, very little effort into the game. The way he goes about reading people changes too. I saw a lot of the first in the game--his effort seemed waylaid by some ****fight in the pre-game and I started having my doubts. Then he posted that one post about JDietz that reads so strongly of townSoup fleshing out his read on a newer player that I've seen him do a number of times that it starts to make me like him.

I find it weird that JDietz got a lot of flak for saying that he disliked pre-game and didn't want to deal with it while FF said that he didn't really care for it and no one seemed to even bat an eye at it. That reads way more into the opportunistic "LET'S GET A SCRUB" thing than it does actual distaste for people not caring about pre-game despite things of weight happening in pre-game.

Who started that **** again? Oh, Nabe. Suddenly I like Nabe a little less. I would think he's less opportunistic than that, or at least sensible enough to at least say something to FF (already talked about Soup and I expect as much out of Kary).

I think that's all I really wanted to weigh in on.

vote: Toastin' Dat Walrus

For now anyway.

Got questions? Ask me!

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: To elaborate a bit more on the Kuz thing, it reads a lot like Ryker's shot on EE in Mario Party 2. Ryker called that shot because EE's a damn hard read and he wanted him out of the way to do what he wanted. While Ryker was town, the only thing that saved him was that he essentially pegged himself as Dayvig. Kuz doesn't have that luxury and it looks a lot shadier as a result.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I kinda figured that was implied by you're voting him. I ain't asking for a "he's scum," I'm asking for an extrapolation of the obvious "he's scum" statement you were going to make. Try again!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't like how he delved into the hammer discussion to get it removed from Swiss, but how your treating him is odd and trying to force his immunity early is implying he want a shot at a night kill on him or want scum to do such.

I didn't like your slot from the Swiss v Toastin interaction.
This stuff.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I

what

He's letting someone else take power, how is that him pulling for power himself?
It's given under tight controls, he's exchanging it for something that gives him signifigant power. It's a power play.

But, I was actually talking about what he said earlier, which was a power play as well but I suspect it was intended to be something he could move o if it caught on, or pass off as a joke if it didn't.

Well then make me care!

I skimmed through the pregame stuff basically but this didn't stand out to me. What kind of a power play are we talking about here? Link me/explain exactly what happened. Maybe I'll take it seriously if you really think it's that telling. I'm all ears. I'm just not gonna so sift through a bunch of pre game circle jerking that's even less directed than RVS, which says a lot.
You already said how wierd what kuz said before was, it's such an akward and uncomfortable power play, and tonally it's serious. I think it was intended to be so absurd that he follow it up if popular or drop it if not as a joke, but it was too deadpan and just comes off as awkward.

Then when I ask him if he's not town, his followup response is incredibly nervous because he asks if I have any information to the contrary.

Then there's the gorf head, dismissing any attacks on their slot through attacks on the credibility of the individuals involved while making little actual contribution. Be aware this is before any real wagon formed on them, it seems to be just flailing.

Seriously, RVS ended in the pregame, kuz shut down rvs mad early. There's no reason not to treat the early game like post-rvs.

Also rvs is the best phase ever.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Laundry I love you.

If you want my specifics on the Kuz wagon giving my wall where I vote him a re-read can't hurt.

The nitty gritty is I don't like him for pushing me for my stance that pre-game sucks when others also have and haven't been crucified, it seemd like an easy way out. The way he seemed more intent on getting me angry about it instead of discussing it with me. He accelerated his thread control early during the RVS which he dominated. And his proposal to have Swiss's influence cut early:

And what are those problems you have with them. Outline for me why you don't think I should have the opinions, because right now I already have them. I've seen you and Adum suck away my chance at information, and now my chance at normal participation instead of defensive posting based on my personal opinions, to me that's anti-town. You're also attempting to stifle Swiss with mechanics, something I don't think you would be concerned with as a townie. I would expect you to try and garner a read on Swiss, then work with it, rather than clamp down before things have gotten started and force town's hand.

I would also like to clarify for anyone who thinks I still haven't read pre-game: I have read pre-game.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Kary: As far as Soup is concerned, I didn't really like some of the things he's done so far. Proposing the hammer system in pre-game was something he'd def. do as either alignment, after which he doesn't have any major impact until he talks about Adum, which is somewhat confusingly worded, but upon de-tangling is ok.

Adum, Kuz is scum still. Talk partners with me based on everything that has happened.
(Soup: This was supposed to read "Adum, Kuz is scum still?" as a question to Adum, right? If you could clarify that it'd be great. I think you already did, but still.)

Then he votes me, which is fine: but it's lacking explanation.

Good To Know The Only Thing I Ever Need To Do Is Sheep People

Vote: JDietz43
Pressure voting is good, but I'd have really liked to at least see him restate some points so we knew for sure what he was angling/pressuring for at the time he voted. It made me question his motive a bit.

Then this, which I might as well answer to at the same time I read him: My thoughts in green

And instead of talking to us about possible scum, you could be specific. Who is the scum on your wagon right now?

I'm a little bothered you still asked this now when it was immediately followed by my feelings on scumToastin, and even asked by Joey next post to which I replied Toastin. Or are you asking why I bothered to say so at the time of posting before launching into the case? (if so the answers is: I wasn't yet sure of your or Nabe's intent either and didn't want to preclude you, however Toastin was who I had in mind. You I've since cleared from the list, Nabe I'm as of yet unsure of)

I don't see how me jumping on you is any different than Toastin jumping on you, He's looking for the D1 lynch already and I'm just a sheep. Why?

From what I could tell you had a pressure vote, which was possibly backed by other motives but yet to be determined until it was spoken about. I was unsure if you truly meant it or just wanted my replies. Toastin made it evident he was pursuing this in earnest, which I found a scum-tell

I know Kuz, he usually doesn't reveal his hand early into the game, call it Meta but I don't get how this is incriminating at all.

If it fits your Kuz meta, then that's fine. But seeing him try and take so much control before things had really gotten going went against my own Kuz meta assumptions

Like this explanation.

Unvote

Kary is trying something different and I'm not sure if I like it, reminds me of his newbie but willing to look at it differently, Kary, you're going to use this as something to create reads, right?

Reasons being that JDietz jumped on Toastin despite me sheeping and Nabe being the instigator? I think I get your logic, but show me the game-plan.

Elaborate.

He then goes on to ask Toastin about why he's voting Swiss as of now: a reasonable question. Then states some reads I have a hard time faulting in any particular way.

So @Kary: Overall he gave me some slight reason to pause, but he seems fine overall.

@Soup: How do you feel about FF's entrance? What about Nabe? (Whisper sweet nothings in my ear)

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
These three people should clarify their scumToastin' reads.
His reactions to pushes on him have been horrible. For example, when adumb first pushes them, gorf responds with this.

@Adumb the pic was a cowboy riding on a horse with a penis for a head. It just seems that you're using your like of Swiss, the person, to find our slot scummy because we're not necessarily in compliance with Swiss, the player.
Which is a pathetic attempt to dismiss the attack. When I point this out, he responds with this:

Wow. You've figured me out really good. MvP: Dark Horse
Which does jack.

Oh, and gorf second response to Adumb:

Oh so this is the game where you're gonna be convinced that you're not wrong until either we or you die, and will push our lynch no matter how townie we are because of one thing?

Which is some pretty big strawmanning.

And then there's his entire proposal to have swiss "Waste" his NK immunity, due to the possibility that swiss could be scum. Rather, it seems like he wants to get rid of swiss soon. The fact that he wants swiss to waste based on the fact that he "COULD be scum" is pretty flawed justification.

Oh, and this:

I'm quite calm. Please respond to my posts instead of poking at my credibility. Thanks.

Swiss

Smash Lord
And I was making legitimate points as opposed to poking at his cred.

As opposed to Kuz who has been doing the opposite and >>made up a question from me so he could take a dig at me<<

/lunch

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
VOTE COUNT:

[6] Toastin' Dat Walrus: Red Ruy / Jdietz43 / adumbrodeus / Swiss / Dark Horse / WashedLaundry
[1] adumbrodeus: Pink Lemonade
[1] Swiss: Toastin' Dat Walrus

[0] -Masquerain-
[0] Яagnarock
[0] Kary
[0] Blazer
[0] DtJ Glyphmoney
[0] Nabe
[0] Red Ruy
[0] WashedLaundry
[0] Fynal
[0] frozenflame751
[0] Pink Lemonade
[0] Dark Horse
[0] Jdietz43

[8] Not Voting: Kary / Blazer / DtJ Glyphmoney / Fynal / frozenflame751 / -Masquerain- / Nabe / Яagnarock

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@ Toastin' Dat Walrus:

On a slightly more serious note, if the argument for Swiss/Toastin' having the hammer early is that it lessens the threat they pose as scum, as it lessens the value of the protection, why should we let either of them have the hammer in the first place? In fact, why don't we just lynch them over the first two days?
Why are they even arguing over what is a 'waste' of immunity if the premise for either of them having immunity Day 1/Day 2 also suggests they probably shouldn't have the hammer at all?
Is it just that they want the cool night-kill immunity for themselves? :surprised:
Please tell me what you think of this, with regards to you wanting a Swiss hammer Day 1.

>mfw Swiss has done absolutely nothing yet everyone has a town read on him. Such is the way of dGames.

Swiss is saying my agressive pushes don't suit me as a player and that I should stop doing them because they unbecome me (trying to poke at my credibility as a player, not my argument). I'm saying Swiss isn't playing well this game, which he isnt (his play this game has been poor). There's a difference.
Also, please explain to me:
How Swiss can have done absolutely nothing, but also be playing poorly
How your play this game is better than Swiss'

Thanks very much

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Pink Lemonade: What are your thoughts about the people who are on the Toastin' waggon? I.e. how do you feel about them being on that waggon/their reasons for being on that waggon.
(i.e. these people: Red Ruy / Jdietz43 / adumbrodeus / Swiss / Dark Horse / WashedLaundry)

@Swiss: Should I be voting for Toastin' ?

@Dark Horse: how confident are you in your reads on JDietz / Toastin' Dat Walrus?

@frozenflame: If you could shoot one of Swiss/Toastin/Adum right now, which one would you shoot and why?

Cheers guys

Top Bottom